Subject: RFC 7976 on Updates to Private Header (P-Header) Extension Usage in Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Requests and Responses

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 14:35:26 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7976

        Title:      Updates to Private Header (P-Header) 
                    Extension Usage in Session Initiation Protocol 
                    (SIP) Requests and Responses 
        Author:     C. Holmberg, N. Biondic, G. Salgueiro
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 17246
        Updates:    RFC 7315

        I-D Tag:    draft-holmberg-dispatch-rfc7315-updates-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7976

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7976

The Third Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) has identified cases
where different SIP private header extensions referred to as "P-"
header fields, and defined in RFC 7315, need to be included in SIP
requests and responses currently not allowed according to RFC 7315.
This document updates RFC 7315, in order to allow inclusion of the
affected "P-" header fields in such requests and responses.

This document also makes updates for RFC 7315 in order to fix
misalignments that occurred when RFC 3455 was updated and obsoleted
by RFC 7315.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC