Subject: RFC 7964 on Solutions for BGP Persistent Route Oscillation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 16:40:26 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7964

        Title:      Solutions for BGP Persistent Route 
                    Oscillation 
        Author:     D. Walton, A. Retana,
                    E. Chen, J. Scudder
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 19774
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-idr-route-oscillation-stop-04.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7964

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7964

Routing information reduction by BGP Route Reflection or
Confederation can result in persistent internal BGP route
oscillations with certain routing setups and network topologies.
This document specifies two sets of additional paths that can be used
to eliminate these route oscillations in a network.

This document is a product of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC