Subject: Last Call: <draft-levine-herkula-oneclick-04.txt> (Signalling one-click functionality for list email headers) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2016 09:58:38 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Signalling one-click functionality for list email headers'
  <draft-levine-herkula-oneclick-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-10-10. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes a method for signaling a one-click function
   for the list-unsubscribe email header.  The need for this arises out
   of the actuality that mail software sometimes fetches URLs in mail
   headers, and thereby accidentally triggers unsubscriptions in the
   case of the list-unsubscribe header.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-levine-herkula-oneclick/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-levine-herkula-oneclick/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.