Subject: Document Action: 'An Architecture for Data Center Network Virtualization Overlays (NVO3)' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-nvo3-arch-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 05:24:14 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'An Architecture for Data Center Network Virtualization Overlays
(NVO3)'
  (draft-ietf-nvo3-arch-08.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Network Virtualization Overlays
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nvo3-arch/

Technical Summary

 This document presents a high-level architecture for building data
   center network virtualization overlay (NVO3) networks. The
   architecture is given at a high-level, showing the major components
   of an overall system. 

Working Group Summary

   The document is one of the base documents chartered for the NVO3 working group. 
   The document was originally created by a design team to help define the protocol
   architecture that
   the NVO3 working group would be working on, and to provide guidelines to define 
   the role of various protocols in a multi-tenant data center. NVO3 is chartered to
   address a multi-tenant data centre with a centralised control plane architecture,
   and one role of this document is to define what that architecture is so the
   working group could progress with developing or adopting the appropriate protocols 
   for each of the functional elements.

  This document was subject to a second working group last call (on changes only in version 7)
  since there were significant additions to the text based on AD review. There were 
 no concerns raised about the revised text during the second working group last call.

   There are two IPR declarations on the draft (2320 and 2538). 

Document Quality

 I have no concerns about the quality of the document. I believe it represents 
   WG consensus, and it has been widely reviewed and discussed on the list over a 
   number of years. 

Personnel

 The document shepherd is Matthew Bocci ([email-masked]).
   The responsible Area Director is Alia Atlas ([email-masked]).