Subject: Protocol Action: 'RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report (XR) Block for Independent Reporting of Burst/Gap Discard Metric' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-xrblock-independent-burst-gap-discard-03.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 08:47:20 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report (XR) Block for Independent
   Reporting of Burst/Gap Discard Metric'
  (draft-ietf-xrblock-independent-burst-gap-discard-03.txt) as Proposed
Standard

This document is the product of the Metric Blocks for use with RTCP's
Extended Report Framework Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alexey Melnikov, Ben Campbell and Alissa
Cooper.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-xrblock-independent-burst-gap-discard/

Technical Summary

   This document defines an RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report
   (XR) block that allows the reporting of burst and gap discard metrics
   independently of the burst and gap loss metrics for use in a range of
   RTP applications.

Working Group Summary

  The WG process was quick and efficient. 

Document Quality

  Similar metrics are already implemented and at least two participants mentioned that they plan to align the implementations with the metrics as defined in the i-D. The document was reviewed by the PM-DIR and SDP  
  directorates and the comments were considered in the updated version. 

Personnel

  Dan Romascanu is the Document Shepherd.  Alissa Cooper is the Responsible Area
  Director.