Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-lisp-crypto-07.txt> (LISP Data-Plane Confidentiality) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2016 12:24:01 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Locator/ID Separation Protocol
WG (lisp) to consider the following document:
- 'LISP Data-Plane Confidentiality'
  <draft-ietf-lisp-crypto-07.txt> as Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-10-04. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes a mechanism for encrypting LISP encapsulated
   traffic.  The design describes how key exchange is achieved using
   existing LISP control-plane mechanisms as well as how to secure the
   LISP data-plane from third-party surveillance attacks.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lisp-crypto/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lisp-crypto/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.