Subject: Last Call: <draft-weis-gdoi-iec62351-9-08.txt> (GDOI Protocol Support for IEC 62351 Security Services) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 16:06:33 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'GDOI Protocol Support for IEC 62351 Security Services'
  <draft-weis-gdoi-iec62351-9-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-10-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The IEC 61850 power utility automation family of standards describe
   methods using Ethernet and IP for distributing control and data
   frames within and between substations.  The IEC 61850-90-5 and IEC
   62351-9 standards specify the use of the Group Domain of
   Interpretation (GDOI) protocol (RFC 6407) to distribute security
   transforms for some IEC 61850 security protocols.  This memo defines
   GDOI payloads to support those security protocols.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-weis-gdoi-iec62351-9/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-weis-gdoi-iec62351-9/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

There is a possible downref to IEC-62351-9.