Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-stox-7248bis-12.txt> (Interworking between the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP): Presence) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 08:19:55 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the SIP-TO-XMPP WG (stox) to
consider the following document:
- 'Interworking between the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and the
   Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP): Presence'
  <draft-ietf-stox-7248bis-12.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-10-06. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a bidirectional protocol mapping for the
   exchange of presence information between the Session Initiation
   Protocol (SIP) and the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol
   (XMPP).  This document obsoletes RFC 7248.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-stox-7248bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-stox-7248bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.