Subject: RFC 7960 on Interoperability Issues between Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting, and Conformance (DMARC) and Indirect Email Flows

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 16:40:04 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7960

        Title:      Interoperability Issues between Domain-based Message 
                    Authentication, Reporting, and Conformance (DMARC) and 
                    Indirect Email Flows 
        Author:     F. Martin, Ed.,
                    E. Lear, Ed.,
                    T. Draegen. Ed.,
                    E. Zwicky, Ed., 
                    K. Andersen, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      27
        Characters: 58739
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dmarc-interoperability-18.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7960

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7960

Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting, and Conformance
(DMARC) introduces a mechanism for expressing domain-level policies
and preferences for email message validation, disposition, and
reporting.  However, the DMARC mechanism enables potentially
disruptive interoperability issues when messages do not flow directly
from the author's administrative domain to the final Recipients.
Collectively, these email flows are referred to as "indirect email
flows".  This document describes these interoperability issues and
presents possible methods for addressing them.

This document is a product of the Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting & Conformance Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC