Subject: Last Call: <draft-murchison-nntp-compress-05.txt> (Network News Transfer Protocol (NNTP) Extension for Compression) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2016 11:44:12 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Network News Transfer Protocol (NNTP) Extension for Compression'
  <draft-murchison-nntp-compress-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-10-10. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines an extension to the Network News Transport
   Protocol (NNTP) that allows a connection to be effectively and
   efficiently compressed between an NNTP client and server.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-murchison-nntp-compress/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-murchison-nntp-compress/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.