Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-ippm-6man-pdm-option-05.txt> (IPv6 Performance and Diagnostic Metrics (PDM) Destination Option) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 11:53:26 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IP Performance Metrics WG (ippm)
to consider the following document:
- 'IPv6 Performance and Diagnostic Metrics (PDM) Destination Option'
  <draft-ietf-ippm-6man-pdm-option-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-09-28. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   To assess performance problems,  measurements based on optional
   sequence numbers and timing may be embedded in each packet.  Such
   measurements may be interpreted in real-time or after the fact. An
   implementation of the existing IPv6 Destination Options extension
   header, the Performance and Diagnostic Metrics (PDM) Destination
   Options extension header as well as the field limits, calculations,
   and usage of the PDM in measurement are included in this document.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-6man-pdm-option/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-6man-pdm-option/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2815/