Subject: RFC 7977 on The WebSocket Protocol as a Transport for the Message Session Relay Protocol (MSRP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 16:16:58 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7977

        Title:      The WebSocket Protocol as a 
                    Transport for the Message Session Relay 
                    Protocol (MSRP) 
        Author:     P. Dunkley, G. Llewellyn,
                    V. Pascual, G. Salgueiro,
                    R. Ravindranath
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Characters: 52078
        Updates:    RFC 4975, RFC 4976

        I-D Tag:    draft-pd-dispatch-msrp-websocket-15.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7977

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7977

The WebSocket protocol enables two-way real-time communication
between clients and servers in situations where direct access to TCP
and UDP is not available (for example, from within JavaScript in a
web browser).  This document specifies a new WebSocket subprotocol as
a reliable transport mechanism between Message Session Relay Protocol
(MSRP) clients and relays to enable usage of MSRP in new scenarios.
This document normatively updates RFCs 4975 and 4976.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC