Subject: Protocol Action: 'Internet Printing Protocol/1.1: Model and Semantics' to Proposed Standard (draft-sweet-rfc2911bis-11.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2016 11:39:55 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Internet Printing Protocol/1.1: Model and Semantics'
  (draft-sweet-rfc2911bis-11.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Alexey Melnikov.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sweet-rfc2911bis/

Technical Summary

    The 2910bis and 2911bis documents are making necessary updates to the Internet Printing
Protocol that was produced by the IPP working group and published as RFCs 2910 and 2911
in 2000.  The updates bring the protocol up to date with what is currently deployed.

Working Group Summary

   This is not a product of any WG.

Document Quality

   After the IPP working group was closed down in 2000, further work on Internet printing moved
out of the IETF and into the IEEE-ISTO's Printer Working Group (IPP WG).  These documents
represent the work of that group, which is where all the operators/implementors of IPP do
their work (they are, basically, the ones who worked in the IETF IPP working group when it
was active).  The documents have consensus of that group, and the consensus and implementation
are solid and broad.

   The documents are being brought back into the IETF for last call and publication because
they are updating (replacing) IETF Standards Track documents.  There is no active work in the
IETF on Internet printing now.

Personnel

  Barry Leiba is the document shepherd.  Alexey Melnikov is the responsible Area Director.