Subject: RFC 7972 on Entertainment Identifier Registry (EIDR) URN Namespace Definition

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2016 22:10:25 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7972

        Title:      Entertainment Identifier Registry (EIDR) URN 
                    Namespace Definition 
        Author:     P. Lemieux
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 17603
        Obsoletes:  RFC 7302

        I-D Tag:    draft-pal-eidr-urn-2016-03.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7972

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7972

Entertainment Identifier Registry (EIDR) Identifiers are used for the
globally unique identification of motion picture and television
content.  This document defines the formal Uniform Resource Name
(URN) Namespace Identifier (NID) for EIDR Identifiers.

This document obsoletes RFC 7302.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC