Subject: Document Action: 'PKCS #1 Version 2.2: RSA Cryptography Specifications' to Informational RFC (draft-moriarty-pkcs1-03.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2016 06:26:53 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'PKCS #1 Version 2.2: RSA Cryptography Specifications'
  (draft-moriarty-pkcs1-03.txt) as Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Stephen Farrell.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-moriarty-pkcs1/

Technical Summary

This document provides recommendations for the implementation
of password-based cryptography, covering key derivation
functions, encryption schemes, message-authentication
schemes, and ASN.1 syntax identifying the techniques.

Working Group Summary
 
 This is an individual submission being AD sponsored as a
 republication of PKCS #5 v2.1 [PKCS5_21] from RSA
 Laboratories' Public-Key Cryptography Standards (PKCS)
 series. By publishing this RFC, change control is transferred
 to the IETF.

'Document Quality

This is a republication of a document from a well-respected
and widely implemented series until now maintained by 
EMC/RSA.
Personnel

Stephen Farrell is the sponsoring AD. There's no shepherd but
this isn't a lost sheep either:-)