Subject: Protocol Action: 'Extensions to the Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) to compute service aware Label Switched Path (LSP).' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-pce-pcep-service-aware-13.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 09:13:35 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Extensions to the Path Computation Element Communication Protocol
   (PCEP) to compute service aware Label Switched Path (LSP).'
  (draft-ietf-pce-pcep-service-aware-13.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Path Computation Element Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-service-aware/

Technical Summary

This document describes extensions to Path Computation Element Communication
Protocol (PCEP) to carry latency, delay variation, packet loss and link
bandwidth utilization as constraints for end to end path computation.

Working Group Summary

There were no contentious issues while the working group worked on this
document.

Document Quality

At least one implementation of this protocol exists.
The document did not receive many comments on-list in the
PCE working group.  It received a Performance Metrics
Directorate review.

  Personnel

   Who is the Document Shepherd for this document?  Jonathan Hardwick
   Who is the Responsible Area Director? Deborah Brungard