Subject: RFC 7955 on Management Guidelines for the Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP) Endpoint Identifier (EID) Block

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 16:16:48 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7955

        Title:      Management Guidelines for the Locator/ID 
                    Separation Protocol (LISP) Endpoint Identifier (EID) 
                    Block 
        Author:     L. Iannone, R. Jorgensen,
                    D. Conrad, G. Huston
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 19607
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-lisp-eid-block-mgmnt-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7955

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7955

This document proposes a framework for the management of the Locator/
ID Separation Protocol (LISP) Endpoint Identifier (EID) address
block.  The framework described relies on hierarchical distribution
of the address space, granting temporary usage of prefixes of such
space to requesting organizations.

This document is a product of the Locator/ID Separation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC