Subject: Protocol Action: 'Applicability Statement for the Routing Protocol for Low Power and Lossy Networks (RPL) in AMI Networks' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-roll-applicability-ami-15.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2016 14:45:32 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Applicability Statement for the Routing Protocol for Low Power and
   Lossy Networks (RPL) in AMI Networks'
  (draft-ietf-roll-applicability-ami-15.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy
networks Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-applicability-ami/

Technical Summary

   This document discusses the applicability of RPL in Advanced Metering
   Infrastructure (AMI) networks.

Working Group Summary

   The applicability statement series from the ROLL WG tends to involve small
   subsets of the WG, as there are typically few members of the WG who are
   involved in a specific industry.   The industries represented by this
   document are new to the IETF process; the document has taken a long time to
   be produced and reviewed by the industry involved as this industry is
   used to closed proprietary verticals, is not used to collaborating (in
   public) with competitors.

   The move to a new document editor was required to close certain issues, and
   finalize the document.

Document Quality

  While in some cases applicability statements in other WG have been
   published as BCP or Informational, the applicability statements from the
   ROLL WG are in essence industry specific profiles of IETF Standards.
   Standards Track is appropriate for these specifications; they are intended to
   be used as part of procurement and compliance work.

Personnel

   The document shepherd  Michael Richardson.
   The responsible AD is Alvaro Retana.