Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-httpauth-mutual-10.txt> (Mutual Authentication Protocol for HTTP) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 11:30:31 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Hypertext Transfer Protocol
Authentication WG (httpauth) to consider the following document:
- 'Mutual Authentication Protocol for HTTP'
  <draft-ietf-httpauth-mutual-10.txt> as Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-10-25. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies a mutual authentication scheme for the
   Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP).  This scheme provides true mutual
   authentication between an HTTP client and an HTTP server using
   password-based authentication.  Unlike the Basic and Digest
   authentication schemes, the Mutual authentication scheme specified in
   this document assures the user that the server truly knows the user's
   encrypted password.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpauth-mutual/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpauth-mutual/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/906/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2220/