Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-kitten-rfc6112bis-02.txt> (Anonymity Support for Kerberos) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 12:25:36 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Common Authentication Technology
Next Generation WG (kitten) to consider the following document:
- 'Anonymity Support for Kerberos'
  <draft-ietf-kitten-rfc6112bis-02.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-11-02. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines extensions to the Kerberos protocol to allow a
   Kerberos client to securely communicate with a Kerberos application
   service without revealing its identity, or without revealing more
   than its Kerberos realm.  It also defines extensions that allow a
   Kerberos client to obtain anonymous credentials without revealing its
   identity to the Kerberos Key Distribution Center (KDC).  This
   document updates RFCs 4120, 4121, and 4556.  This document obsoletes
   RFC 6112 and reclassifies that document as historic.  RFC 6112
   contained errors and the protocol described in that specification is
   not interoperable with any known implementation.  This specification
   describes a protocol that interoperates with multiple
   implementations.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-kitten-rfc6112bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-kitten-rfc6112bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.