Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-kitten-pkinit-freshness-07.txt> (Public Key Cryptography for Initial Authentication in Kerberos (PKINIT) Freshness Extension) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2016 08:08:07 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Common Authentication Technology
Next Generation WG (kitten) to consider the following document:
- 'Public Key Cryptography for Initial Authentication in Kerberos
   (PKINIT) Freshness Extension'
  <draft-ietf-kitten-pkinit-freshness-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-11-03. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes how to further extend the Public Key
   Cryptography for Initial Authentication in Kerberos (PKINIT)
   extension [RFC4556] to exchange an opaque data blob that a KDC can
   validate to ensure that the client is currently in possession of the
   private key during a PKINIT AS exchange.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-kitten-pkinit-freshness/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-kitten-pkinit-freshness/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc5349: Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC) Support for Public Key Cryptography for Initial Authentication in Kerberos (PKINIT) (Informational - IETF stream)
Note that some of these references may already be listed in the acceptable Downref Registry.