Subject: Last Call: <draft-ieee-urn-02.txt> (URN Namespace for IEEE) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 06:40:07 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'URN Namespace for IEEE'
  <draft-ieee-urn-02.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-11-14. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes the Namespace Identifier (NID) 'ieee' for
   Uniform Resource Names (URNs) used to identify resources published by
   the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).  IEEE
   specifies and manages resources that utilize this URN identification
   model.  Management activities for these and other resources types are
   handled by the manager of the IEEE Registration Authority.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ieee-urn/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ieee-urn/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.