Subject: Protocol Action: 'RTP/RTCP Multiplexing SDP Offer/Answer Clarifications' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-avtcore-5761-update-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 10:49:47 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'RTP/RTCP Multiplexing SDP Offer/Answer Clarifications'
  (draft-ietf-avtcore-5761-update-06.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Audio/Video Transport Core
Maintenance Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alexey Melnikov, Ben Campbell and Alissa
Cooper.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-5761-update/

Technical Summary

   This document updates RFC 5761 by clarifying the SDP offer/answer 
   negotiation of RTP and RTCP multiplexing.  It makes it clear that an  
   answerer can only include an "a=rtcp-mux" attribute in an SDP answer 
   if the associated SDP offer contained the attribute.

Working Group Summary

   The document was discussed in the meetings,  and on the mailing list. 
   The open issues were addressed and there are no open issues, there 
   was consensus on the content of the document.

Document Quality

   The document clarifies some text in RFC5761 based  on implementation 
   experience.

Personnel

   Roni Even is the Document Shepherd.
   The responsible AD is Ben Campbell.