Subject: RFC 8005 on Host Identity Protocol (HIP) Domain Name System (DNS) Extension

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 16:37:06 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8005

        Title:      Host Identity Protocol (HIP) Domain 
                    Name System (DNS) Extension 
        Author:     J. Laganier
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 39146
        Obsoletes:  RFC 5205

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-hip-rfc5205-bis-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8005

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC8005

This document specifies a resource record (RR) for the Domain Name
System (DNS) and how to use it with the Host Identity Protocol (HIP).
This RR allows a HIP node to store in the DNS its Host Identity (HI),
the public component of the node public-private key pair; its Host
Identity Tag (HIT), a truncated hash of its public key (PK); and the
domain names of its rendezvous servers (RVSs).  This document
obsoletes RFC 5205.

This document is a product of the Host Identity Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC