Subject: RFC 8004 on Host Identity Protocol (HIP) Rendezvous Extension

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 16:36:53 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8004

        Title:      Host Identity Protocol (HIP) Rendezvous 
                    Extension 
        Author:     J. Laganier,
                    L. Eggert
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 30487
        Obsoletes:  RFC 5204

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-hip-rfc5204-bis-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8004

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC8004

This document defines a rendezvous extension for the Host Identity
Protocol (HIP).  The rendezvous extension extends HIP and the HIP
Registration Extension for initiating communication between HIP nodes
via HIP rendezvous servers.  Rendezvous servers improve reachability
and operation when HIP nodes are multihomed or mobile.  This document
obsoletes RFC 5204.

This document is a product of the Host Identity Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC