Subject: Document Action: 'I2RS Security Related Requirements' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-i2rs-protocol-security-requirements-17.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2016 10:15:35 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'I2RS Security Related Requirements'
  (draft-ietf-i2rs-protocol-security-requirements-17.txt) as
Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Interface to the Routing System
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2rs-protocol-security-requirements/

Technical Summary

This presents security-related requirements for the I2RS protocol for
   mutual authentication, transport protocols, data transfer and
   transactions.

Working Group Summary

Working consensus for requirements was honed over 6 months (May -Nov 2015).
WG LC done with All of requirement drafts 10/6/2015 to 10/20/2015 

Document Quality

This draft comes out of discussion with the I2RS WG and
various security experts, and security directorate reviewers. 
The last SEC-DIR messages on this topic was: 
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/secdir/current/msg05942.html
last message: 
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/secdir/current/msg05964.html 

NETCONF: 
It has been reviewed by the NETCONF WG (July 2015, Nov 2015), and
all issues were declared resolved as of November 2015. 
 
 A significant number of vendors have indicated their plan to 
 expand existing protocols to create an IRS amalgamate protocol. 
 A list includes the following: Cisco, Juniper, Huawei, Ericsson, 
Google, Packetdesign (Client software) and others. 

Personnel

Document shepherd:  Jeff Haas 
AD: Alia Atlas