Subject: RFC 7975 on Request Routing Redirection Interface for Content Delivery Network (CDN) Interconnection

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 20:53:32 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7975

        Title:      Request Routing Redirection Interface for 
                    Content Delivery Network (CDN) Interconnection 
        Author:     B. Niven-Jenkins, Ed.,
                    R. van Brandenburg, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      35
        Characters: 75830
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-cdni-redirection-20.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7975

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7975

The Request Routing interface comprises (1) the asynchronous
advertisement of footprint and capabilities by a downstream Content
Delivery Network (CDN) that allows an upstream CDN to decide whether
to redirect particular user requests to that downstream CDN; and (2)
the synchronous operation of an upstream CDN requesting whether a
downstream CDN is prepared to accept a user request and of a
downstream CDN responding with how to actually redirect the user
request.  This document describes an interface for the latter part,
i.e., the CDNI Request Routing Redirection interface.

This document is a product of the Content Delivery Networks Interconnection Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC