Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-p2psip-share-09.txt> (A Usage for Shared Resources in RELOAD (ShaRe)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 08:20:16 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Peer-to-Peer Session Initiation
Protocol WG (p2psip) to consider the following document:
- 'A Usage for Shared Resources in RELOAD (ShaRe)'
  <draft-ietf-p2psip-share-09.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-10-25. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a RELOAD Usage for managing shared write access
   to RELOAD Resources.  Shared Resources in RELOAD (ShaRe) form a basic
   primitive for enabling various coordination and notification schemes
   among distributed peers.  Access in ShaRe is controlled by a
   hierarchical trust delegation scheme maintained within an access
   list.  A new USER-CHAIN-ACL access policy allows authorized peers to
   write a Shared Resource without owning its corresponding certificate.
   This specification also adds mechanisms to store Resources with a
   variable name which is useful whenever peer-independent rendezvous
   processes are required.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-p2psip-share/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-p2psip-share/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.