Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-l2tpext-keyed-ipv6-tunnel-07.txt> (Keyed IPv6 Tunnel) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 15:15:49 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Layer Two Tunneling Protocol
Extensions WG (l2tpext) to consider the following document:
- 'Keyed IPv6 Tunnel'
  <draft-ietf-l2tpext-keyed-ipv6-tunnel-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-10-28. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes an Ethernet over IPv6 tunnel encapsulation
   with mandatory 64-bit cookie for connecting L2 Ethernet attachment
   circuits identified by IPv6 addresses.  The encapsulation is based on
   L2TPv3 over IP and does not use the L2TPv3 control plane.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l2tpext-keyed-ipv6-tunnel/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l2tpext-keyed-ipv6-tunnel/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.