Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-lisp-ddt-08.txt> (LISP Delegated Database Tree) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2016 14:20:40 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Locator/ID Separation Protocol
WG (lisp) to consider the following document:
- 'LISP Delegated Database Tree'
  <draft-ietf-lisp-ddt-08.txt> as Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-10-17. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes the LISP Delegated Database Tree (LISP-DDT),
   a hierarchical, distributed database which embodies the delegation of
   authority to provide mappings from LISP Endpoint Identifiers (EIDs)
   to Routing Locators (RLOCs).  It is a statically-defined distribution
   of the EID namespace among a set of LISP-speaking servers, called DDT
   nodes.  Each DDT node is configured as "authoritative" for one or
   more EID-prefixes, along with the set of RLOCs for Map Servers or
   "child" DDT nodes to which more-specific EID-prefixes are delegated.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lisp-ddt/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lisp-ddt/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.