Subject: RFC 7981 on IS-IS Extensions for Advertising Router Information

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 17:17:00 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7981

        Title:      IS-IS Extensions for Advertising Router 
                    Information 
        Author:     L. Ginsberg, S. Previdi, M. Chen
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 20235
        Obsoletes:  RFC 4971

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-isis-rfc4971bis-04.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7981

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7981

This document defines a new optional Intermediate System to
Intermediate System (IS-IS) TLV named CAPABILITY, formed of multiple
sub-TLVs, which allows a router to announce its capabilities within
an IS-IS level or the entire routing domain.  This document obsoletes
RFC 4971.

This document is a product of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC