Subject: RFC 7904 on A SIP Usage for REsource LOcation And Discovery (RELOAD)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 20:15:31 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7904

        Title:      A SIP Usage for REsource 
                    LOcation And Discovery (RELOAD) 
        Author:     C. Jennings, 
                    B. Lowekamp,
                    E. Rescorla, 
                    S. Baset,
                    H. Schulzrinne, 
                    T. Schmidt, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 41978
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-p2psip-sip-21.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7904

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7904

This document defines a SIP Usage for REsource LOcation And Discovery
(RELOAD).  The SIP Usage provides the functionality of a SIP proxy or
registrar in a fully distributed system and includes a lookup service
for Address of Records (AORs) stored in the overlay.  It also defines
Globally Routable User Agent URIs (GRUUs) that allow the
registrations to map an AOR to a specific node reachable through the
overlay.  After such initial contact of a Peer, the RELOAD AppAttach
method is used to establish a direct connection between nodes through
which SIP messages are exchanged.

This document is a product of the Peer-to-Peer Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC