Subject: RFC 8003 on Host Identity Protocol (HIP) Registration Extension

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 16:36:40 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8003

        Title:      Host Identity Protocol (HIP) Registration 
                    Extension 
        Author:     J. Laganier,
                    L. Eggert
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 34717
        Obsoletes:  RFC 5203

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-hip-rfc5203-bis-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8003

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC8003

This document specifies a registration mechanism for the Host
Identity Protocol (HIP) that allows hosts to register with services,
such as HIP rendezvous servers or middleboxes.  This document
obsoletes RFC 5203.

This document is a product of the Host Identity Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC