Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-6lo-dispatch-iana-registry-06.txt> (6lowpan ESC Dispatch Code Points and Guidelines) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 20:43:53 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 over Networks of
Resource-constrained Nodes WG (6lo) to consider the following document:
- '6lowpan ESC Dispatch Code Points and Guidelines'
  <draft-ietf-6lo-dispatch-iana-registry-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-12-08. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   RFC4944 defines the ESC dispatch type to allow for additional
   dispatch bytes in the 6lowpan header.  The value of the ESC byte was
   updated by RFC6282, however, its usage was not defined either in
   RFC6282 or in RFC4944.  This document updates RFC4944 and RFC6282 by
   defining the ESC extension byte code points including registration of
   entries for known use cases at the time of writing of this document.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6lo-dispatch-iana-registry/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6lo-dispatch-iana-registry/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.