Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-appsawg-file-scheme-13.txt> (The file URI Scheme) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2016 10:16:33 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the ART Area General Applications
Working Group WG (appsawg) to consider the following document:
- 'The file URI Scheme'
  <draft-ietf-appsawg-file-scheme-13.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-12-06. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies the "file" Uniform Resource Identifier (URI)
   scheme, replacing the definition in RFC 1738.

   It defines a common syntax which is intended to interoperate across
   the broad spectrum of existing usages.  At the same time it notes
   some other current practices around the use of file URIs.

Note to Readers (To be removed by the RFC Editor)

   This draft should be discussed on the IETF Applications Area Working
   Group discussion list <[email-masked]>.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-file-scheme/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-file-scheme/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.