Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-core-http-mapping-17.txt> (Guidelines for HTTP-to-CoAP Mapping Implementations) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 11:08:39 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Constrained RESTful Environments
WG (core) to consider the following document:
- 'Guidelines for HTTP-to-CoAP Mapping Implementations'
  <draft-ietf-core-http-mapping-17.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-12-12. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

This is a Second IETF LC for the document. The document was initially
targeted at Informational, but is now targeting to become Proposed Standard.

Abstract

   This document provides reference information for implementing a
   cross-protocol network proxy that performs translation from the HTTP
   protocol to CoAP (Constrained Application Protocol).  This will
   enable an HTTP client to access resources on a CoAP server through
   the proxy.  This document describes how an HTTP request is mapped to
   a CoAP request, and then how a CoAP response is mapped back to an
   HTTP response.  This includes guidelines for status code, URI, and
   media type mappings, as well as additional interworking advice.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-http-mapping/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-http-mapping/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.