Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-manet-dlep-25.txt> (Dynamic Link Exchange Protocol (DLEP)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2016 11:08:58 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks WG
(manet) to consider the following document:
- 'Dynamic Link Exchange Protocol (DLEP)'
  <draft-ietf-manet-dlep-25.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-11-28. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   When routing devices rely on modems to effect communications over
   wireless links, they need timely and accurate knowledge of the
   characteristics of the link (speed, state, etc.) in order to make
   routing decisions.  In mobile or other environments where these
   characteristics change frequently, manual configurations or the
   inference of state through routing or transport protocols does not
   allow the router to make the best decisions.  A bidirectional, event-
   driven communication channel between the router and the modem is
   necessary.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-dlep/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-dlep/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.