Subject: Last Call: <draft-elie-nntp-tls-recommendations-01.txt> (Use of Transport Layer Security (TLS) in the Network News Transfer Protocol (NNTP)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 08:45:30 -0800

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Use of Transport Layer Security (TLS) in the Network News Transfer
   Protocol (NNTP)'
  <draft-elie-nntp-tls-recommendations-01.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-12-26. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document provides recommendations for improving the security of
   the Network News Transfer Protocol (NNTP) when using Transport Layer
   Security (TLS).  It modernizes the NNTP usage of TLS to be consistent
   with TLS best current practices.  If approved, this document updates
   RFC 4642.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-elie-nntp-tls-recommendations/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-elie-nntp-tls-recommendations/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.