Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-savi-mix-12.txt> (SAVI for Mixed Address Assignment Methods Scenario) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 16:58:59 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Source Address Validation
Improvements WG (savi) to consider the following document:
- 'SAVI for Mixed Address Assignment Methods Scenario'
  <draft-ietf-savi-mix-12.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-11-30. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   In networks that use multiple techniques for address assignment, the
   appropriate Source Address Validation Improvement (SAVI) methods must
   be used to prevent spoofing of addresses assigned by each such
   technique.  This document reviews how multiple SAVI methods can
   coexist in a single SAVI device and collisions are resolved when the
   same binding entry is discovered by two or more methods.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-savi-mix/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-savi-mix/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc7039: Source Address Validation Improvement (SAVI) Framework (Informational - IETF stream)
Note that some of these references may already be listed in the acceptable Downref Registry.