Subject: Protocol Action: 'Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP) and Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) Status Mapping' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-regext-epp-rdap-status-mapping-04.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 18:11:33 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP) and Registration Data Access
   Protocol (RDAP) Status Mapping'
  (draft-ietf-regext-epp-rdap-status-mapping-04.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Registration Protocols Extensions
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alexey Melnikov, Ben Campbell and Alissa
Cooper.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-epp-rdap-status-mapping/

Technical Summary

 This document describes the mapping of the Extensible Provisioning
 Protocol (EPP) statuses with the statuses registered for use in the
 Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP).  This document identifies
 gaps in the mapping, and registers RDAP statuses to fill the gaps to
 ensure that all of the EPP RFC statuses are supported in RDAP

Working Group Summary

draft-ietf-regext-epp-rdap-status-mapping is on standards track.  This
document proposes new RDAP status values, motivated by EPP status
values, to be added to the original set of RDAP status values defined
in RFC7483, which is a proposed standard.

The working group agreed that some EPP statuses were missing in the
RDAP status list and after discussion there is broad agreement in the
WG for this document.

Document Quality

ICANN technical staff were a part of the discussions and review of
this document.  They will seek to get these new RDAP statuses to
become part of the implementation requirements for the ICANN gTLD
program.

Verisign, SIDN and NIC.AT are currently working on implementations.

Personnel

Document shepherd  is Ulrich Wisser.
Area Director is Alexey Melnikov.