Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-sidr-origin-validation-signaling-09.txt> (BGP Prefix Origin Validation State Extended Community) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 00:18:28 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Secure Inter-Domain Routing WG
(sidr) to consider the following document:
- 'BGP Prefix Origin Validation State Extended Community'
  <draft-ietf-sidr-origin-validation-signaling-09.txt> as Proposed
Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-12-07. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a new BGP opaque extended community to carry
   the origination AS validation state inside an autonomous system.
   IBGP speakers that receive this validation state can configure local
   policies allowing it to influence their decision process.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-origin-validation-signaling/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-origin-validation-signaling/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.