Subject: Protocol Action: 'Host Multihoming with the Host Identity Protocol' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-hip-multihoming-12.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2016 06:33:51 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Host Multihoming with the Host Identity Protocol'
  (draft-ietf-hip-multihoming-12.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Host Identity Protocol Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Suresh Krishnan and Terry Manderson.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-hip-multihoming/

Technical Summary

  This document defines host multihoming extensions to the Host
  Identity Protocol (HIP), by leveraging protocol components defined
  for host mobility.

Working Group Summary

  There was WG consensus behind this document.

Document Quality

  As discussed in RFC 6538, there are several implementations of the
  Experimental HIP specs. At least HIP for Linux and OpenHIP will be
  updated to comply with the new standards-track specs like this one.

Personnel

  Gonzalo Camarillo is the document shepherd. Terry Manderson is the
  responsible area director.