Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-ice-dualstack-fairness-07.txt> (ICE Multihomed and IPv4/IPv6 Dual Stack Guidelines) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 16:27:04 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Interactive Connectivity
Establishment WG (ice) to consider the following document:
- 'ICE Multihomed and IPv4/IPv6 Dual Stack Guidelines'
  <draft-ietf-ice-dualstack-fairness-07.txt> as Informational RFC

This document was previously last called with an incorrect intended 
status. The correct intended status is Informational. Please focus 
comments on that change.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-11-27. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document provides guidelines on how to make Interactive
   Connectivity Establishment (ICE) conclude faster in multihomed and
   IPv4/IPv6 dual-stack scenarios where broken paths exist.  The
   provided guidelines are backwards compatible with the original ICE
   specification.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ice-dualstack-fairness/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ice-dualstack-fairness/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.