Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-6lo-privacy-considerations-04.txt> (Privacy Considerations for IPv6 Adaptation Layer Mechanisms) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 16:57:27 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 over Networks of
Resource-constrained Nodes WG (6lo) to consider the following document:
- 'Privacy Considerations for IPv6 Adaptation Layer Mechanisms'
  <draft-ietf-6lo-privacy-considerations-04.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-11-30. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document discusses how a number of privacy threats apply to
   technologies designed for IPv6 over various link layer protocols, and
   provides advice to protocol designers on how to address such threats
   in adaptation layer specifications for IPv6 over such links.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6lo-privacy-considerations/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6lo-privacy-considerations/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.