Subject: RFC 8000 on Requirements for NFSv4 Multi-Domain Namespace Deployment

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 15:51:52 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8000

        Title:      Requirements for NFSv4 Multi-Domain Namespace 
                    Deployment 
        Author:     A. Adamson, N. Williams
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 39064
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-nfsv4-multi-domain-fs-reqs-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8000

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8000

This document presents requirements for the deployment of the NFSv4
protocols for the construction of an NFSv4 file namespace in
environments with multiple NFSv4 Domains.  To participate in an NFSv4
multi-domain file namespace, the server must offer a multi-domain-capable file
system and support RPCSEC_GSS for user authentication.  In most instances, the
server must also support identity-mapping services.

This document is a product of the Network File System Version 4 Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC