Subject: RFC 8024 on Multi-Chassis Passive Optical Network (MC-PON) Protection in MPLS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 15:52:04 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8024

        Title:      Multi-Chassis Passive Optical Network (MC-PON) 
                    Protection in MPLS 
        Author:     Y. Jiang, Ed.,
                    Y. Luo, 
                    E. Mallette, Ed.,
                    Y. Shen,
                    W. Cheng
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 33671
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pals-mc-pon-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8024

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8024

Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) is being extended to the edge of
operator networks including the network access nodes.  Separately,
network access nodes such as Passive Optical Network (PON) Optical
Line Terminations (OLTs) have evolved to support first-mile access
protection, where one or more physical OLTs provide first-mile
diversity to the customer edge.  Multihoming support is needed on the
MPLS-enabled PON OLT to provide resiliency for provided services.
This document describes the Multi-Chassis PON (MC-PON) protection
architecture in MPLS and also specifies the Inter-Chassis
Communication Protocol (ICCP) extension to support it.

This document is a product of the Pseudowire And LDP-enabled Services Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC