Subject: Last Call: RFC7344 Automating DNSSEC Delegation Trust Maintenance to standards track

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 17:17:10 -0800

The IESG has received a request from an individual participant to make
the following status changes:

- RFC7344 from Informational to Proposed Standard
    (Automating DNSSEC Delegation Trust Maintenance)

This standards action follows the IETF LC of  draft-ietf-dnsop-maintain-ds 
which achieved IETF consensus as a standards tack update to RFC 7344. 

RFC7344 specifies how DNS trust can be maintained across key rollovers 
in-band between parent and child.  draft-ietf-dnsop-maintain-ds 
elevates RFC7344 from informational to standards track and adds a standard 
track method for initial trust setup and removal of secure entry point.

The methodology described in RFC 7344 was be widely accepted and deployed;
operational experience supports this reclassification and further
extension.

The supporting document for this request can be found here:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/status-change-rfc7344-from-informational-to-standards-track/

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-12-11. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

The affected document can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc7344/

IESG discussion of this request can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/status-change-rfc7344-from-informational-to-standards-track/ballot/