Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-6lo-dect-ule-07.txt> (Transmission of IPv6 Packets over DECT Ultra Low Energy) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 19:11:26 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 over Networks of
Resource-constrained Nodes WG (6lo) to consider the following document:
- 'Transmission of IPv6 Packets over DECT Ultra Low Energy'
  <draft-ietf-6lo-dect-ule-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-12-02. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   DECT Ultra Low Energy is a low power air interface technology that is
   defined by the DECT Forum and specified by ETSI.

   The DECT air interface technology has been used world-wide in
   communication devices for more than 20 years, primarily carrying
   voice for cordless telephony but has also been deployed for data
   centric services.

   The DECT Ultra Low Energy is a recent addition to the DECT interface
   primarily intended for low-bandwidth, low-power applications such as
   sensor devices, smart meters, home automation etc.  As the DECT Ultra
   Low Energy interface inherits many of the capabilities from DECT, it
   benefits from long range, interference free operation, world wide
   reserved frequency band, low silicon prices and maturity.  There is
   an added value in the ability to communicate with IPv6 over DECT ULE
   such as for Internet of Things applications.

   This document describes how IPv6 is transported over DECT ULE using
   6LoWPAN techniques.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6lo-dect-ule/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6lo-dect-ule/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.