Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-algs-15.txt> (BGPsec Algorithms, Key Formats, & Signature Formats) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2016 05:33:15 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Secure Inter-Domain Routing WG
(sidr) to consider the following document:
- 'BGPsec Algorithms, Key Formats, & Signature Formats'
  <draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-algs-15.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-11-28. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies the algorithms, algorithm parameters,
   asymmetric key formats, asymmetric key size and signature format used
   in BGPsec (Border Gateway Protocol Security).  This document updates
   the Profile for Algorithms and Key Sizes for Use in the Resource
   Public Key Infrastructure (ID.sidr-rfc6485bis).

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-algs/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-algs/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1965/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1967/

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc6090: Fundamental Elliptic Curve Cryptography Algorithms (Informational - IETF stream)
    rfc2986: PKCS #10: Certification Request Syntax Specification Version 1.7 (Informational - Legacy stream)
Note that both of these references may already be listed in the acceptable Downref Registry.
(https://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/iesg/trac/wiki/DownrefRegistry)

Also, the document contains these non-RFC normative references:
     [DSS]     National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), U.S.
                    Department of Commerce, "Digital Signature Standard", FIPS
                    Publication 186-4, July 2013.

   [SHS]     National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), U.S.
                  Department of Commerce, "Secure Hash Standard", FIPS
                  Publication 180-4, August 2015.