Subject: Protocol Action: 'A Usage for Shared Resources in RELOAD (ShaRe)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-p2psip-share-10.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2016 08:12:15 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'A Usage for Shared Resources in RELOAD (ShaRe)'
  (draft-ietf-p2psip-share-10.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Peer-to-Peer Session Initiation
Protocol Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alexey Melnikov, Ben Campbell and Alissa
Cooper.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-p2psip-share/

Technical Summary

The document defines extensions for the RELOAD protocol to manage shared
write access to resources.  This specification also adds mechanisms to store
Resources with a variable name which is useful whenever peer-independent
rendezvous processes are required.

Working Group Summary

There was no controversy or difficulty to reach Working Group consensus.

Document Quality

There has been at least two implementations of the protocol, one by the
authors, another by the Document Shepherd.

Personnel

Who is the Document Shepherd?

Marc Petit-Huguenin

Who is the Responsible Area Director?

Alissa Cooper