Subject: RFC 7826 on Real-Time Streaming Protocol Version 2.0

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2016 11:30:36 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7826

        Title:      Real-Time Streaming Protocol Version 2.0 
        Author:     H. Schulzrinne, A. Rao,
                    R. Lanphier, M. Westerlund,
                    M. Stiemerling, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      318
        Characters: 746422
        Obsoletes:  RFC 2326

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc2326bis-40.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7826

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC7826

This memorandum defines the Real-Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP)
version 2.0, which obsoletes RTSP version 1.0 defined in RFC 2326.

RTSP is an application-layer protocol for the setup and control of
the delivery of data with real-time properties.  RTSP provides an
extensible framework to enable controlled, on-demand delivery of
real-time data, such as audio and video.  Sources of data can include
both live data feeds and stored clips.  This protocol is intended to
control multiple data delivery sessions; provide a means for choosing
delivery channels such as UDP, multicast UDP, and TCP; and provide a
means for choosing delivery mechanisms based upon RTP (RFC 3550).

This document is a product of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC