Subject: Last Call: <draft-harkins-owe-05.txt> (Opportunistic Wireless Encryption) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2016 08:48:04 -0800

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Opportunistic Wireless Encryption'
  <draft-harkins-owe-05.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-01-13. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo specifies an extension to IEEE Std 802.11 to provide for
   opportunistic (unauthenticated) encryption to the wireless media.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-harkins-owe/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-harkins-owe/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.