Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-curdle-cms-chacha20-poly1305-04.txt> (Using ChaCha20-Poly1305 Authenticated Encryption in the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2016 07:06:04 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the CURves, Deprecating and a Little
more Encryption WG (curdle) to consider the following document:
- 'Using ChaCha20-Poly1305 Authenticated Encryption in the Cryptographic
   Message Syntax (CMS)'
  <draft-ietf-curdle-cms-chacha20-poly1305-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-12-16. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes the conventions for using ChaCha20-Poly1305
   Authenticated Encryption in the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS).
   ChaCha20-Poly1305 is an authenticated encryption algorithm
   constructed of the ChaCha stream cipher and Poly1305 authenticator.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-curdle-cms-chacha20-poly1305/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-curdle-cms-chacha20-poly1305/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc7539: ChaCha20 and Poly1305 for IETF Protocols (Informational - Independent Submission Editor stream)
Note that some of these references may already be listed in the acceptable Downref Registry.