Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-softwire-multicast-prefix-option-11.txt> (DHCPv6 Option for IPv4-Embedded Multicast and Unicast IPv6 Prefixes) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2016 04:06:24 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Softwires WG (softwire) to
consider the following document:
- 'DHCPv6 Option for IPv4-Embedded Multicast and Unicast IPv6 Prefixes'
  <draft-ietf-softwire-multicast-prefix-option-11.txt> as Proposed
Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-01-12. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol version 6
   (DHCPv6) Option for multicast IPv4 service continuity solutions,
   which is used to carry the IPv6 prefixes to be used to build unicast
   and multicast IPv4-embedded IPv6 addresses.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-softwire-multicast-prefix-option/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-softwire-multicast-prefix-option/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.