Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-sec-threats-03.txt> (Security Threats for the Optimized Link State Routing Protocol version 2 (OLSRv2)) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2016 11:20:47 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks WG
(manet) to consider the following document:
- 'Security Threats for the Optimized Link State Routing Protocol version
   2 (OLSRv2)'
  <draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-sec-threats-03.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-12-20. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document analyzes common security threats of the Optimized Link
   State Routing Protocol version 2 (OLSRv2) and describes their
   potential impacts on Mobile Ad Hoc Network (MANET) operations.  It
   then analyzes which of these security vulnerabilities can be
   mitigated when using the mandatory-to-implement security mechanisms
   for OLSRv2, and how the vulnerabilities are mitigated.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-sec-threats/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-sec-threats/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.