Subject: EXTENSION OF Last Call: <draft-ietf-trill-directory-assist-mechanisms-10.txt> (TRILL: Edge Directory Assist Mechanisms) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 06:14:17 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Transparent Interconnection of
Lots of Links WG (trill) to consider the following document:
- 'TRILL: Edge Directory Assist Mechanisms'
  <draft-ietf-trill-directory-assist-mechanisms-10.txt> as Proposed
Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-01-09. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes mechanisms for providing directory service to
   TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links) edge switches.
   The directory information provided can be used in reducing multi-
   destination traffic, particularly ARP/ND and unknown unicast
   flooding. It can also be used to detect traffic with forged source
   addresses.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-directory-assist-mechanisms/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-directory-assist-mechanisms/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2524/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2372/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2039/