Subject: Document Action: Automating DNSSEC Delegation Trust Maintenance to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 08:59:40 -0800

The IESG has approved changing the status of the following document:
- Automating DNSSEC Delegation Trust Maintenance
  (rfc7344) to Proposed Standard

This document action is documented at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/status-change-rfc7344-from-informational-to-standards-track/

A URL of the affected document is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc7344/

Status Change Details:

This standards action follows the IETF LC of 
draft-ietf-dnsop-maintain-ds 
which achieved IETF consensus as a standards tack update to RFC 7344. 

RFC7344 specifies how DNS trust can be maintained across key rollovers 
in-band between parent and child.  draft-ietf-dnsop-maintain-ds 
elevates RFC7344 from informational to standards track and adds a
standard track method for initial trust setup and removal of secure 
entry point.

The methodology described in RFC 7344 was be widely accepted and
deployed; operational experience supports this reclassification and 
further extension.

Personnel 

   Joel Jaeggli is the responsible Area Director.