Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-idr-large-community-09.txt> (BGP Large Communities) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2016 07:45:12 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Inter-Domain Routing WG (idr) to
consider the following document:
- 'BGP Large Communities'
  <draft-ietf-idr-large-community-09.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-12-16. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes the BGP Large Communities attribute, an
   extension to BGP-4.  This attribute provides a mechanism to signal
   opaque information within separate namespaces to aid in routing
   management.  The attribute is suitable for use with four-octet
   Autonomous System Numbers.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-large-community/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-large-community/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.