Subject: Last Call: <draft-mohali-dispatch-cause-for-service-number-12.txt> (Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Cause URI parameter for Service Number translation) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2016 07:56:52 -0800

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Cause URI parameter for Service
   Number translation'
  <draft-mohali-dispatch-cause-for-service-number-12.txt> as
Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-01-18. (The date has been extended due
to the holidays.)  Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   RFC4458 defines a "cause" URI parameter, which may appear in the
   Request-URI of a SIP request, that is used to indicate a reason why
   the request arrived to the User Agent Server (UAS) receiving the
   message.  This document creates a new predefined value for the
   "cause" URI parameter to cover service number translation for cases
   of retargeting due to specific service action leading to the
   translation of a called service access number.  This document also
   provides guidance, which was missing in RFC4458, for using the
   "cause" URI parameter within the History-Info header field since this
   use is mandatory in some IP networks' implementations.

   This document updates RFC4458.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mohali-dispatch-cause-for-service-number/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mohali-dispatch-cause-for-service-number/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.