Subject: Document Action: 'URN Namespace for IEEE' to Informational RFC (draft-ieee-urn-03.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2016 09:11:16 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'URN Namespace for IEEE'
  (draft-ieee-urn-03.txt) as Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Alexey Melnikov.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ieee-urn/

Technical Summary

This document describes the Namespace Identifier (NID) 'ieee' for 
Uniform Resource Names (URNs) used to identify resources published by 
the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE). IEEE 
specifies and manages resources that utilize this URN identification 
model. Management activities for these and other resources types are 
handled by the manager of the IEEE Registration Authority.

Working Group Summary

   This is not a WG document.

Document Quality

   The new IEEE URN NID will be used by YANG models, but can be used for 
other purposes by IEEE.

Personnel

   Alexey Melnikov is the Responsible Area Director. This document has 
no separate shepherd.