Subject: EXTENSION OF Last Call: <draft-ietf-rtgwg-rlfa-node-protection-08.txt> (Remote-LFA Node Protection and Manageability) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 06:10:47 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Routing Area Working Group WG
(rtgwg) to consider the following document:
- 'Remote-LFA Node Protection and Manageability'
  <draft-ietf-rtgwg-rlfa-node-protection-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-01-11. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The loop-free alternates computed following the current Remote-LFA
   specification guarantees only link-protection.  The resulting Remote-
   LFA nexthops (also called PQ-nodes), may not guarantee node-
   protection for all destinations being protected by it.

   This document describes an extension to the Remote Loop-Free based IP
   fast reroute mechanisms described in [RFC7490], that describes
   procedures for determining if a given PQ-node provides node-
   protection for a specific destination or not.  The document also
   shows how the same procedure can be utilised for collection of
   complete characteristics for alternate paths.  Knowledge about the
   characteristics of all alternate path is precursory to apply operator
   defined policy for eliminating paths not fitting constraints.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-rlfa-node-protection/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-rlfa-node-protection/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2346/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2334/