Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-ecrit-ecall-21.txt> (Next-Generation Pan-European eCall) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 08:53:34 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Emergency Context Resolution
with Internet Technologies WG (ecrit) to consider the following
document:
- 'Next-Generation Pan-European eCall'
  <draft-ietf-ecrit-ecall-21.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-01-06. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes how to use IP-based emergency services
   mechanisms to support the next generation of the pan European in-
   vehicle emergency call service defined under the eSafety initiative
   of the European Commission (generally referred to as "eCall"). eCall
   is a standardized and mandated system for a special form of emergency
   calls placed by vehicles, providing real-time communications and an
   integrated set of related data.

   This document also registers MIME media types and an Emergency Call
   Additional Data Block for the eCall vehicle data and metadata/control
   data, and an INFO package to enable carrying this data in SIP INFO
   requests.

   Although this specification is designed to meet the requirements of
   European next-generation eCall, it is specified generically such that
   the technology can be re-used or extended to suit requirements across
   jurisdictions.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ecrit-ecall/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ecrit-ecall/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2522/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2251/