Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-ice-dualstack-fairness-07.txt> (ICE Multihomed and IPv4/IPv6 Dual Stack Guidelines) to Best Current Practice RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2016 09:03:09 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Interactive Connectivity
Establishment WG (ice) to consider the following document:
- 'ICE Multihomed and IPv4/IPv6 Dual Stack Guidelines'
  <draft-ietf-ice-dualstack-fairness-07.txt> as a BCP.

This document was previously last called (twice! )  with an 
incorrect intended  status. The correct intended status is BCP.  
Please focus comments on that change.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-12-21. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document provides guidelines on how to make Interactive
   Connectivity Establishment (ICE) conclude faster in multihomed and
   IPv4/IPv6 dual-stack scenarios where broken paths exist.  The
   provided guidelines are backwards compatible with the original ICE
   specification.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ice-dualstack-fairness/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ice-dualstack-fairness/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.