Subject: RFC 7825 on A Network Address Translator (NAT) Traversal Mechanism for Media Controlled by the Real-Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2016 11:30:16 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7825

        Title:      A Network Address Translator (NAT) 
                    Traversal Mechanism for Media Controlled by 
                    the Real-Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP) 
        Author:     J. Goldberg, M. Westerlund, T. Zeng
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      33
        Characters: 81878
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mmusic-rtsp-nat-22.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7825

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC7825

This document defines a solution for Network Address Translation
(NAT) traversal for datagram-based media streams set up and
controlled with the Real-Time Streaming Protocol version 2 (RTSP
2.0).  It uses Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE) adapted
to use RTSP as a signaling channel, defining the necessary RTSP
extensions and procedures.

This document is a product of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC