Subject: RFC 7992 on HTML Format for RFCs

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 07:54:07 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7992

        Title:      HTML Format for RFCs 
        Author:     J. Hildebrand, Ed.,
                    P. Hoffman
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IAB
        Date:       December 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      43
        Characters: 76975
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-iab-html-rfc-03.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7992

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC7992

In order to meet the evolving needs of the Internet community, the
canonical format for RFCs is changing from a plain-text, ASCII-only
format to an XML format that will, in turn, be rendered into several
publication formats.  This document defines the HTML format that will
be rendered for an RFC or Internet-Draft.

This document is a product of the Internet Architecture Board.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC