Subject: EXTENSION OF Last Call: <draft-ietf-ospf-ttz-05.txt> (OSPF Topology-Transparent Zone) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 06:04:45 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Open Shortest Path First IGP WG
(ospf) to consider the following document:
- 'OSPF Topology-Transparent Zone'
  <draft-ietf-ospf-ttz-05.txt> as Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-01-03. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document presents a topology-transparent zone in an OSPF area.
   A topology-transparent zone comprises a group of routers and a number
   of links connecting these routers.  Any router outside of the zone is
   not aware of the zone.  The information about the links and routers
   such as a link down inside the zone is not advertised to any router
   outside of the zone.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-ttz/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-ttz/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1721/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2701/