Subject: RFC 8030 on Generic Event Delivery Using HTTP Push

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2016 08:42:03 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8030

        Title:      Generic Event Delivery Using HTTP Push 
        Author:     M. Thomson, 
                    E. Damaggio,
                    B. Raymor, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      31
        Characters: 68069
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-webpush-protocol-12.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8030

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8030

This document describes a simple protocol for the delivery of real-
time events to user agents.  This scheme uses HTTP/2 server push.

This document is a product of the Web-Based Push Notifications Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC