Subject: Protocol Action: 'The font Top Level Type' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-justfont-toplevel-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 08:43:07 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'The font Top Level Type'
  (draft-ietf-justfont-toplevel-06.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Font Top Level Media Type Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alexey Melnikov, Ben Campbell and Alissa
Cooper.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-justfont-toplevel/

Technical Summary

   This document serves to register and document the "font" Top Level Type,
   under which the Internet Media subtypes for representation formats
   for fonts may be registered.  This document also serves as a
   registration application for a set of intended subtypes, which are
   representative of some existing subtypes already in use, and
   currently registered under the "application" tree by their separate
   registrations.

Working Group Summary

   The document was discussed on the mailing list, with notices to the
   W3C WebFonts WG, and via GitHub issues in
   https://github.com/svgeesus/ietf-justfont/. While discussion of this
   document itself was light, it followed discussions in the W3C WG. Both
   the W3C group and the IETF justfont group include participants with
   significant expertise in Web, fonts, and internationalization.

Document Quality

   The document documents "font" media types which are already in use.

Personnel

   Wendy Seltzer is the document shepherd.
   Alexey Melnikov is the responsible Area Director.