Subject: Document Action: 'I2RS Ephemeral State Requirements' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-i2rs-ephemeral-state-23.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2016 08:14:47 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'I2RS Ephemeral State Requirements'
  (draft-ietf-i2rs-ephemeral-state-23.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Interface to the Routing System
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2rs-ephemeral-state/

Technical Summary

   This document describes requirements for those implementing 
   the I2RS higher-layer protocol (i.e., netconf and netmod IETF working
   groups) for functionality to support ephemeral state.

Working Group Summary

This draft has been debated over the past three years, and 
at IETF 96 - netconf and i2rs WG straw-polls had no comments. 
This was included in netmod's longer discussion on operational state.

The Working group process ran from August 2 to August 15, please see 
https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/i2rs/current/msg03858.html

Conclusion of the WG LC is at: 
https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/i2rs/current/msg03984.html

Follow-up to WG LC is at: 
https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/i2rs/current/msg03989.html

Document Quality

  OpenDaylight, Juniper, and the IETF hackathon have created existing 
  pre-standard work.   This draft documents the requirements around the 
  ephemeral state concept that is core to the functionality of I2RS.  
  These requirements have been discussed at netmod, netconf, and i2rs 
  working group meetings.

Personnel

   Document Shepherd:  Joe Clarke 
  AD: Alia Atlas 
 Working Group Chairs: Sue Hares and Russ White