Subject: IAB Appointment to the IAOC

From: IAB Executive Administrative Manager <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2016 10:56:55 -0800

The IAB is pleased to announce the appointment of Kaveh Ranjbar for a 
two-year term on the IETF Administrative Oversight Committee (IAOC), 
starting in March 2017.

The IAB is responsible for selecting one IAOC member. The selection was 
made in accordance with BCP 101 and BCP 113.

A call for nominations was issued on 5 October 2016. Nominations for 9
candidates were received, and 7 of them were willing to serve.  The 
names of the candidates who accepted the nomination were announced on 3 
November 2016.

After obtaining written input from all nominees and feedback from the 
community, the IAB discussed which candidate to choose.  After 
significant discussion, the IAB decided to appoint Kaveh Ranjbar 
to this position.

The IAB thanks all of the nominees for their willingness to serve the
IETF community.  

On Behalf of the IAB,
Cindy Morgan
IAB Executive Administrative Manager