Subject: RFC 8045 on RADIUS Extensions for IP Port Configuration and Reporting

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 17:29:33 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8045

        Title:      RADIUS Extensions for IP Port 
                    Configuration and Reporting 
        Author:     D. Cheng, J. Korhonen,
                    M. Boucadair, S. Sivakumar
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      43
        Characters: 84193
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-radext-ip-port-radius-ext-17.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8045

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8045

This document defines three new RADIUS attributes.  For devices that
implement IP port ranges, these attributes are used to communicate
with a RADIUS server in order to configure and report IP transport
ports as well as mapping behavior for specific hosts.  This mechanism
can be used in various deployment scenarios such as Carrier-Grade
NAT, IPv4/IPv6 translators, Provider WLAN gateway, etc.  This
document defines a mapping between some RADIUS attributes and IP Flow
Information Export (IPFIX) Information Element identifiers.

This document is a product of the RADIUS EXTensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC