Subject: Document Action: 'OSPF Topology-Transparent Zone' to Experimental RFC (draft-ietf-ospf-ttz-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 10:54:28 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'OSPF Topology-Transparent Zone'
  (draft-ietf-ospf-ttz-06.txt) as Experimental RFC

This document is the product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-ttz/

Technical Summary

      This document specifies extensions to OSPF for a Topology Transparent Zone
      within an area which is hidden from the rest of the network. The TTZ
      can still route or provide services end to end by creating virtual links
      to all its edge routers.

Working Group Summary

   There has been some discussion on the draft in the wg and it is a 
     natural extension in OSPF. There was discussion on the mailing list
     with respect to TTZ transitions during the WG last call and these
     were addressed in a revision of the draft.

Document Quality

   This document has been a WG document for a little over 1 year.
   It is stable, without changes to the technical solution for more
   than six months.  One vendor has done at least a partial implementation
   to test out aspects of the technology.

Personnel

   Padma Pillay-Esnault is the Document Shepherd.
   Alia Atlas is the Responsible Area Director.