Subject: Protocol Action: 'BGPsec Operational Considerations' to Best Current Practice (draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-ops-16.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2017 08:13:02 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'BGPsec Operational Considerations'
  (draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-ops-16.txt) as Best Current Practice

This document is the product of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-ops/

Technical Summary

   Deployment of the BGPsec architecture and protocols has many
   operational considerations.  This document attempts to collect and
   present the most critical and universal.  It is expected to evolve as
   BGPsec is formalized and initially deployed.

Working Group Summary

   This draft went thorugh several revisions, with good discussion from 
   stake-holders in the communities affected.

Document Quality

   The document describes what the WG believes is the best way
   to implement/deploy BGPsec.  As it describes, it is expected to
   evolve as more experience is gained.

Personnel

   Shepherd: Chris Morrow ([email-masked])
   AD: Alvaro Retana ([email-masked])

RFC Editor Note

This document should be published alongside draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-protocol and draft-ietf-sidr-as-migration so that they have consecutive RFC numbers in the following order:

draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-protocol
draft-ietf-sidr-as-migration
draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-ops