Subject: RFC 8059 on PIM Join Attributes for Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP) Environments

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 08:17:49 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8059

        Title:      PIM Join Attributes for Locator/ID 
                    Separation Protocol (LISP) Environments 
        Author:     J. Arango, S. Venaas,
                    I. Kouvelas, D. Farinacci
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 19562
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pim-join-attributes-for-lisp-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8059

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8059

This document defines two PIM Join/Prune attributes that support the
construction of multicast distribution trees where the root and
receivers are located in different Locator/ID Separation Protocol
(LISP) sites.  These attributes allow the receiver site to select
between unicast and multicast underlying transport and to convey the
RLOC (Routing Locator) address of the receiver ETR (Egress Tunnel
Router) to the control plane of the root ITR (Ingress Tunnel Router).

This document is a product of the Protocols for IP Multicast Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC