Subject: Last Call: <draft-kivinen-802-15-ie-04.txt> (IEEE 802.15.4 Information Element for IETF) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2017 09:03:36 -0800

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'IEEE 802.15.4 Information Element for IETF'
  <draft-kivinen-802-15-ie-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-02-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   IEEE Std 802.15.4 defines Information Elements (IEs) that can be used
   to extend 802.15.4 in an interoperable manner.  The IEEE 802.15
   Assigned Numbers Authority (ANA) manages the registry of the
   Information Elements.  This document formulates a request for ANA to
   allocate a number from that registry for IETF, and describes how the
   IE is formatted to provide subtypes.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kivinen-802-15-ie/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kivinen-802-15-ie/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.