Subject: Protocol Action: 'BGP Prefix Origin Validation State Extended Community' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-sidr-origin-validation-signaling-11.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 07:25:19 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'BGP Prefix Origin Validation State Extended Community'
  (draft-ietf-sidr-origin-validation-signaling-11.txt) as Proposed
Standard

This document is the product of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-origin-validation-signaling/

Technical Summary

   This document defines a new BGP opaque extended community to carry
   the origination AS validation state inside an autonomous system.
   IBGP speakers that receive this validation state can configure local
   policies allowing it to influence their decision process.

Working Group Summary

  This document has had consistent interest from the working group.
  Because it defines a new BGP community, it was reviewed by the idr
  working group as well.  

Document Quality

  The document has been implemented by major router vendors.
  It is known to be in use in two large IXPs, AMS-IX and DE-CIX.

Personnel

  Document Shepherd: Sandra Murphy
  Responsible Area Director: Alvaro Retana