Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-sidr-delta-protocol-05.txt> (RPKI Repository Delta Protocol) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 11:02:04 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Secure Inter-Domain Routing WG
(sidr) to consider the following document:
- 'RPKI Repository Delta Protocol'
  <draft-ietf-sidr-delta-protocol-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-01-31. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   In the Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI), certificate
   authorities publish certificates, including end entity certificates,
   Certificate Revocation Lists (CRL), and RPKI signed objects to
   repositories.  Relying Parties (RP) retrieve the published
   information from those repositories.  This document specifies a
   protocol which provides relying parties with a mechanism to query a
   repository for incremental updates using the HTTP Over TLS (HTTPS)
   [RFC2818] protocol, thus enabling the RP to keep its state in sync
   with the repository using a secure transport channel.  This document
   updates [RFC6480], [RFC6481], and [RFC7730].

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-delta-protocol/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-delta-protocol/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc5781: The rsync URI Scheme (Informational - IETF stream)
    rfc2818: HTTP Over TLS (Informational - IETF stream)
    rfc6480: An Infrastructure to Support Secure Internet Routing (Informational - IETF stream)
All 3 references have been considered by the community before and are already listed in the acceptable
Downref Registry: https://trac.ietf.org/trac/iesg/wiki/DownrefRegistry