Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-lamps-eai-addresses-05.txt> (Internationalized Email Addresses in X.509 certificates) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 14:45:31 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Limited Additional Mechanisms
for PKIX and SMIME WG (lamps) to consider the following document:
- 'Internationalized Email Addresses in X.509 certificates'
  <draft-ietf-lamps-eai-addresses-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-01-30. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a new name form for inclusion in the otherName
   field of an X.509 Subject Alternative Name and Issuer Alternate Name
   extension that allows a certificate subject to be associated with an
   Internationalized Email Address.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lamps-eai-addresses/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lamps-eai-addresses/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

RFC5912 is already noted as an acceptable downref.