Subject: Protocol Action: 'A Profile for BGPsec Router Certificates, Certificate Revocation Lists, and Certification Requests' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-pki-profiles-21.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2017 08:13:52 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'A Profile for BGPsec Router Certificates, Certificate Revocation
   Lists, and Certification Requests'
  (draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-pki-profiles-21.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-pki-profiles/

Technical Summary

   This document defines a standard profile for X.509 certificates used
   to enable validation of Autonomous System (AS) paths in the Border
   Gateway Protocol (BGP), as part of an extension to that protocol
   known as BGPsec.   This document also profiles the
   format of certification requests, and specifies Relying Party (RP)
   certificate path validation procedures for these EE certificates.
   This document extends the RPKI; therefore, this documents updates the
   RPKI Resource Certificates Profile (RFC 6487).

Working Group Summary

   The document has received multiple reviews and consisted WG interest.

Document Quality

   This document doesn't specify a protocol per-se, but the contents must
   be implemented as part of BGPsec.

Personnel

   Shepherd: Chris Morrow - [email-masked]
   AD: Alvaro Retana - [email-masked]

RFC Editor Note

This document is part of a group being considered by the IESG that normatively depend on draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-protocol; all documents are titled draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-*.  Please make sure that draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-protocol has the lowest RFC number -- no consecutive numbers are needed in this case.