Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-residence-time-12.txt> (Residence Time Measurement in MPLS network) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2017 14:20:50 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document:
- 'Residence Time Measurement in MPLS network'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-residence-time-12.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-01-17. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies G-ACh based Residence Time Measurement and
   how it can be used by time synchronization protocols being
   transported over MPLS domain.

   Residence time is the variable part of propagation delay of timing
   and synchronization messages and knowing what this delay is for each
   message allows for a more accurate determination of the delay to be
   taken into account in applying the value included in a PTP event
   message.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-residence-time/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-residence-time/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2626/