Subject: Document Action: 'A Media Type Structured Syntax Suffix for JSON Text Sequences' to Informational RFC (draft-wilde-json-seq-suffix-03.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2017 07:45:44 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'A Media Type Structured Syntax Suffix for JSON Text Sequences'
  (draft-wilde-json-seq-suffix-03.txt) as Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Alexey Melnikov.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wilde-json-seq-suffix/

Technical Summary

  This document defines and registers the “+json-seq” media type
  structured suffix in the IANA “Structured Syntax Suffix” registry
  based on the guidelines in RFC6838.
 
  GeoJSON Text Sequences
  (https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-geojson-text-sequence/)
  is dependent on this registration -
  https://github.com/geojson/geojson-text-sequences/issues/19.

Working Group Summary

  This is not a WG document, however the registration was
  reviewed on ART and [geojson mailing list. There was no controversy
  (or need for formal WG adoption) since this is a simple registration.

Document Quality

  This document is registering a media type suffix that is already
  used in a registered media type.

Personnel

  Brian Raymor is the Document Shepherd.
  Alexey Melnikov is the Responsible Area Director.