Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-lisp-type-iana-04.txt> (LISP Shared Extension Message & IANA Registry for LISP Packet Type Allocations) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2017 14:03:26 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Locator/ID Separation Protocol
WG (lisp) to consider the following document:
- 'LISP Shared Extension Message & IANA Registry for LISP Packet Type
   Allocations'
  <draft-ietf-lisp-type-iana-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-01-17. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a registry for LISP Packet Type allocations.
   It also specifies a LISP shared message type for defining future
   extensions and conducting experiments without consuming a LISP packet
   type codepoint for each extension.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lisp-type-iana/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lisp-type-iana/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc6830: The Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP) (Experimental - IETF stream)
Note that some of these references may already be listed in the acceptable Downref Registry.