Subject: RFC 8054 on Network News Transfer Protocol (NNTP) Extension for Compression

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 17:30:04 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8054

        Title:      Network News Transfer Protocol (NNTP) 
                    Extension for Compression 
        Author:     K. Murchison, J. Elie
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 46113
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-murchison-nntp-compress-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8054

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8054

This document defines an extension to the Network News Transport
Protocol (NNTP) that allows a connection to be effectively and
efficiently compressed between an NNTP client and server.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC