Subject: RFC 8055 on Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Via Header Field Parameter to Indicate Received Realm

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2017 17:45:19 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8055

        Title:      Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Via 
                    Header Field Parameter to Indicate Received 
                    Realm 
        Author:     C. Holmberg, Y. Jiang
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 25117
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-holmberg-dispatch-received-realm-12.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8055

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8055

This specification defines a new Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
Via header field parameter, 'received-realm', which allows a SIP
entity acting as an entry point to a transit network to indicate from
which adjacent upstream network a SIP request is received by using a
network realm value associated with the adjacent network.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC