Subject: Last Call: <draft-sgtatham-secsh-iutf8-05.txt> (IUTF8 Terminal Mode in Secure Shell (SSH)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 08:31:21 -0800

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'IUTF8 Terminal Mode in Secure Shell (SSH)'
  <draft-sgtatham-secsh-iutf8-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-02-27. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document updates RFC 4254 by specifying a new opcode in the
   Secure Shell terminal modes encoding.  The new opcode describes the
   widely used IUTF8 terminal mode bit, which indicates that terminal I/
   O uses the UTF-8 character encoding.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sgtatham-secsh-iutf8/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sgtatham-secsh-iutf8/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.