Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-rtr-rfc6810-bis-08.txt> (The Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) to Router Protocol) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 14:44:17 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Secure Inter-Domain Routing WG
(sidr) to consider the following document:
- 'The Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) to Router Protocol'
  <draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-rtr-rfc6810-bis-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-01-30. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   In order to verifiably validate the origin Autonomous Systems and
   Autonomous System Paths of BGP announcements, routers need a simple
   but reliable mechanism to receive Resource Public Key Infrastructure
   (RFC 6480) prefix origin data and router keys from a trusted cache.
   This document describes a protocol to deliver them.

   This document describes version 1 of the rpki-rtr protocol.  RFC 6810
   describes version 0.

Downref:
Normative reference is made to an Obsolete document: RFC2385 (Protection of BGP Sessions via the TCP MD5 Signature Option).
The text is clear about the Status, but the reference is used due to the lack of general availability of a preferred option.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-rtr-rfc6810-bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-rtr-rfc6810-bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.