Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dime-agent-overload-08.txt> (Diameter Agent Overload and the Peer Overload Report) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2017 06:35:17 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Diameter Maintenance and
Extensions WG (dime) to consider the following document:
- 'Diameter Agent Overload and the Peer Overload Report'
  <draft-ietf-dime-agent-overload-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-01-23. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This specification documents an extension to RFC 7683 (Diameter
   Overload Indication Conveyance (DOIC)) base solution.  The extension
   defines the Peer overload report type.  The initial use case for the
   Peer report is the handling of occurrences of overload of a Diameter
   agent.

Requirements

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dime-agent-overload/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dime-agent-overload/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    draft-roach-dime-overload-ctrl: A Mechanism for Diameter Overload Control (None - )
Note that some of these references may already be listed in the acceptable Downref Registry.