Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mmusic-sctp-sdp-22.txt> (Session Description Protocol (SDP) Offer/Answer Procedures For Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) over Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) Transport.) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 15:27:09 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Multiparty Multimedia Session
Control WG (mmusic) to consider the following document:
- 'Session Description Protocol (SDP) Offer/Answer Procedures For Stream
   Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) over Datagram Transport Layer
   Security (DTLS) Transport.'
  <draft-ietf-mmusic-sctp-sdp-22.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-02-09. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) is a transport
   protocol used to establish associations between two endpoints.
   draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-dtls-encaps-09 specifies how SCTP can be used
   on top of the Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) protocol,
   referred to as SCTP-over-DTLS.

   This specification defines the following new Session Description
   Protocol (SDP) protocol identifiers (proto values):'UDP/DTLS/SCTP'
   and 'TCP/DTLS/SCTP'.  This specification also specifies how to use
   the new proto values with the SDP Offer/Answer mechanism for
   negotiating SCTP-over-DTLS associations.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-sctp-sdp/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-sctp-sdp/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.