Subject: RFC 8058 on Signaling One-Click Functionality for List Email Headers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 23:06:35 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8058

        Title:      Signaling One-Click Functionality for List 
                    Email Headers 
        Author:     J. Levine, T. Herkula
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 18219
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-levine-herkula-oneclick-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8058

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8058

This document describes a method for signaling a one-click function
for the List-Unsubscribe email header field.  The need for this
arises out of the actuality that mail software sometimes fetches URLs
in mail header fields, and thereby accidentally triggers
unsubscriptions in the case of the List-Unsubscribe header field.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC