Subject: RFC 8018 on PKCS #5: Password-Based Cryptography Specification Version 2.1

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 16:47:42 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8018

        Title:      PKCS #5: Password-Based Cryptography Specification 
                    Version 2.1 
        Author:     K. Moriarty, Ed.,
                    B. Kaliski, 
                    A. Rusch
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      40
        Characters: 80887
        Obsoletes:  RFC 2898

        I-D Tag:    draft-moriarty-pkcs5-v2dot1-04.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8018

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8018

This document provides recommendations for the implementation of
password-based cryptography, covering key derivation functions,
encryption schemes, message authentication schemes, and ASN.1 syntax
identifying the techniques.

This document represents a republication of PKCS #5 v2.1 from RSA
Laboratories' Public-Key Cryptography Standards (PKCS) series.  By
publishing this RFC, change control is transferred to the IETF.

This document also obsoletes RFC 2898.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC