Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-failover-protocol-03.txt> (DHCPv6 Failover Protocol) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2017 06:33:03 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Dynamic Host Configuration WG
(dhc) to consider the following document:
- 'DHCPv6 Failover Protocol'
  <draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-failover-protocol-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-01-19. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   DHCPv6 as defined in "Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6
   (DHCPv6)" (RFC3315) does not offer server redundancy.  This document
   defines a protocol implementation to provide DHCPv6 failover, a
   mechanism for running two servers with the capability for either
   server to take over clients' leases in case of server failure or
   network partition.  It meets the requirements for DHCPv6 failover
   detailed in "DHCPv6 Failover Requirements" (RFC7031).

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-failover-protocol/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-failover-protocol/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.