Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-pals-mpls-tp-dual-homing-protection-05.txt> (Dual-Homing Protection for MPLS and MPLS-TP Pseudowires) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 15:12:12 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Pseudowire And LDP-enabled
Services WG (pals) to consider the following document:
- 'Dual-Homing Protection for MPLS and MPLS-TP Pseudowires'
  <draft-ietf-pals-mpls-tp-dual-homing-protection-05.txt> as
Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-02-13. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes a framework and several scenarios for a
   Pseudowire (PW) dual-homing local protection mechanism which avoids
   unnecessary switchovers and which can be used for scenarios using a
   control plane or not using a control plane.  A Dual-Node
   Interconnection (DNI) PW is used for carrying traffic between the
   dual-homing Provider Edge (PE) nodes for carrying traffic when a
   failure occurs in one of the Attachment Circuits (AC) or PWs.  This
   PW dual-homing local protection mechanism is complementary to
   existing PW protection mechanisms.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pals-mpls-tp-dual-homing-protection/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pals-mpls-tp-dual-homing-protection/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2532/