Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-nfsv4-rpcrdma-bidirection-06.txt> (Bi-directional Remote Procedure Call On RPC-over-RDMA Transports) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 09:33:32 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Network File System Version 4 WG
(nfsv4) to consider the following document:
- 'Bi-directional Remote Procedure Call On RPC-over-RDMA Transports'
  <draft-ietf-nfsv4-rpcrdma-bidirection-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-02-07. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Minor versions of NFSv4 newer than NFSv4.0 work best when ONC RPC
   transports can send Remote Procedure Call transactions in both
   directions on the same connection.  This document describes how RPC-
   over-RDMA transport endpoints convey RPCs in both directions on a
   single connection.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-rpcrdma-bidirection/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-rpcrdma-bidirection/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.