Subject: Document Action: 'IANA Registration of New Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Resource- Priority Namespace for Mission Critical Push To Talk service' to Informational RFC (draft-holmberg-dispatch-mcptt-rp-namespace-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 08:02:43 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'IANA Registration of New Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Resource-
   Priority Namespace for Mission Critical Push To Talk service'
  (draft-holmberg-dispatch-mcptt-rp-namespace-05.txt) as Informational
RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Ben Campbell.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-holmberg-dispatch-mcptt-rp-namespace/

Technical Summary

The document creates an additional Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
Resource-Priority namespace to meet the requirements of the 3GPP
defined Mission Critical Push To Talk, and places this namespace in
the IANA registry.

Working Group Summary

The draft was presented at IETF95 and discussion was proceeded on the 
DISPATCH list. The draft is best handled as an individual submission based on 
its scope for 3GPP networks and due to the rules within RFC 4412 and RFC 7134 
which are defining the rules for registering the "Resource-Priority 
Namespaces" and "Resource-Priority Priority-values" registries.

Document Quality

MCPTT is a 3GPP driven work and is a service of their IMS (IP Multimedia 
Subsystem) which is widely deployed over the world. A number of vendors have 
indicated that they have implemented, or intend to implement, the document. 
Considering its simplicity, this document has received sufficient review from 
the IETF community.

Personnel

Document Shepherd: Roland Jesske ([email-masked])
Responsible Area Director: Ben Campbell