Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dprive-dtls-and-tls-profiles-08.txt> (Authentication and (D)TLS Profile for DNS-over-(D)TLS) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2017 07:56:07 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the DNS PRIVate Exchange WG (dprive)
to consider the following document:
- 'Authentication and (D)TLS Profile for DNS-over-(D)TLS'
  <draft-ietf-dprive-dtls-and-tls-profiles-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-03-02. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document discusses Usage Profiles, based on one or more
   authentication mechanisms, which can be used for DNS over Transport
   Layer Security (TLS) or Datagram TLS (DTLS).  This document also
   specifies new authentication mechanisms - it describes several ways a
   DNS client can use an authentication domain name to authenticate a
   DNS server.  Additionally, it defines (D)TLS profiles for DNS clients
   and servers implementing DNS-over-(D)TLS.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dprive-dtls-and-tls-profiles/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dprive-dtls-and-tls-profiles/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.