Subject: Protocol Action: 'RSVP Extensions For Re-optimization of Loosely Routed Point-to-Multipoint Traffic Engineering Label Switched Paths (LSPs)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-teas-p2mp-loose-path-reopt-09.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2017 08:42:09 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'RSVP Extensions For Re-optimization of Loosely Routed Point-to-
   Multipoint Traffic Engineering Label Switched Paths (LSPs)'
  (draft-ietf-teas-p2mp-loose-path-reopt-09.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Traffic Engineering Architecture and
Signaling Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-p2mp-loose-path-reopt/

Technical Summary

This document defines Resource Reservation Protocol - Traffic
Engineering (RSVP-TE) [RFC2205] [RFC3209] signaling extensions for
re-optimizing loosely routed Point-to-Multipoint (P2MP) Traffic
Engineered (TE) Label Switched Paths (LSPs) [RFC4875] in a
Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) or Generalized MPLS (GMPLS)
[RFC3473] network.

Working Group Summary

This document moved from the CCAMP WG to TEAS WG as part of the 
Routing Area WG changes. There was some serious debate regarding the
introduction of fragment-identifier for S2L sub-LSP Descriptor. 
All concerns raised in regard to this have been addressed by the
authors.

Document Quality

The base GMPLS signaling protocol has been implemented. The procedures
discussed in this document are compatible with earlier implementations.
The Acknowledgements section of the draft does hint at the existence of
at least of one implementation. There have been no other public
statements on implementation.

Personnel

   Who is the Document Shepherd for this document? Vishnu Pavan Beeram
   Who is the Responsible Area Director? Deborah Brungard