Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dime-load-07.txt> (Diameter Load Information Conveyance) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 07:38:36 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Diameter Maintenance and
Extensions WG (dime) to consider the following document:
- 'Diameter Load Information Conveyance'
  <draft-ietf-dime-load-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-02-27. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a mechanism for conveying of Diameter load
   information.  RFC7068 describes requirements for Overload Control in
   Diameter.  This includes a requirement to allow Diameter nodes to
   send "load" information, even when the node is not overloaded.
   RFC7683 (Diameter Overload Information Conveyance (DOIC)) solution
   describes a mechanism meeting most of the requirements, but does not
   currently include the ability to send load information.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dime-load/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dime-load/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.