Subject: RFC 8080 on Edwards-Curve Digital Security Algorithm (EdDSA) for DNSSEC

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 17:40:00 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8080

        Title:      Edwards-Curve Digital Security Algorithm (EdDSA) 
                    for DNSSEC 
        Author:     O. Sury, 
                    R. Edmonds
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 13513
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-curdle-dnskey-eddsa-03.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8080

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8080

This document describes how to specify Edwards-curve Digital Security
Algorithm (EdDSA) keys and signatures in DNS Security (DNSSEC).  It
uses EdDSA with the choice of two curves: Ed25519 and Ed448.

This document is a product of the CURves, Deprecating and a Little more Encryption Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC