Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-tp-temporal-hitless-psm-12.txt> (Hitless path segment monitoring) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 12:29:10 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document:
- 'Hitless path segment monitoring'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-tp-temporal-hitless-psm-12.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-03-03. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   One of the most important OAM capabilities for transport network
   operation is fault localisation.  An in-service, on-demand segment
   monitoring function of a transport path is indispensable,
   particularly when the service monitoring function is activated only
   between end points.  However, the current segment monitoring approach
   defined for MPLS (including the transport profile (MPLS-TP)) in RFC
   6371 [RFC6371] has drawbacks.  This document provides an analysis of
   the existing MPLS-TP OAM mechanisms for the path segment monitoring
   and provides requirements to guide the development of new OAM tools
   to support a Hitless Path Segment Monitoring (HPSM).

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-temporal-hitless-psm/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-temporal-hitless-psm/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.