Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dhc-relay-server-security-03.txt> (Security of Messages Exchanged Between Servers and Relay Agents) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 06:27:56 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Dynamic Host Configuration WG
(dhc) to consider the following document:
- 'Security of Messages Exchanged Between Servers and Relay Agents'
  <draft-ietf-dhc-relay-server-security-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-03-13. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv4 (DHCPv4) has no
   guidance for how to secure messages exchanged between servers and
   relay agents.  The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6
   (DHCPv6) states that IPsec should be used to secure messages
   exchanged between servers and relay agents, but does not require
   encryption.  And, with recent concerns about pervasive monitoring and
   other attacks, it is appropriate to require securing relay to relay
   and relay to server communication for DHCPv6 and relay to server
   communication for DHCPv4.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-relay-server-security/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-relay-server-security/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.