Subject: Document Action: 'The application/pdf Media Type' to Informational RFC (draft-hardy-pdf-mime-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 06:35:51 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'The application/pdf Media Type'
  (draft-hardy-pdf-mime-05.txt) as Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Alexey Melnikov.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hardy-pdf-mime/

Technical Summary

   The Portable Document Format (PDF) is an ISO standard (ISO
   32000-1:2008) defining a final-form document representation language
   in use for document exchange, including on the Internet, since 1993.
   This document provides an overview of the PDF format and updates the
   media type registration of "application/pdf".

Working Group Summary

   This is not a WG document.

Document Quality

   This is a straightforward update to RFC 3778 that reflects transition
   from proprietary specification by Adobe to an open ISO Standard.
   Media type Registration template, history of PDF and status of
   popular PDF implementations were updated.

Personnel

   Alexey Melnikov is the Responsible Area Director.