Subject: RFC 8062 on Anonymity Support for Kerberos

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 17:16:57 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8062

        Title:      Anonymity Support for Kerberos 
        Author:     L. Zhu, 
                    P. Leach,
                    S. Hartman, 
                    S. Emery, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 42542
        Obsoletes:  RFC 6112
        Updates:    RFC 4120, RFC 4121, RFC 4556

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-kitten-rfc6112bis-03.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8062

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8062

This document defines extensions to the Kerberos protocol to allow a
Kerberos client to securely communicate with a Kerberos application
service without revealing its identity, or without revealing more
than its Kerberos realm.  It also defines extensions that allow a
Kerberos client to obtain anonymous credentials without revealing its
identity to the Kerberos Key Distribution Center (KDC).  This
document updates RFCs 4120, 4121, and 4556.  This document obsoletes
RFC 6112 and reclassifies that document as Historic.  RFC 6112
contained errors, and the protocol described in that specification is
not interoperable with any known implementation.  This specification
describes a protocol that interoperates with multiple
implementations.

This document is a product of the Common Authentication Technology Next Generation Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC