Subject: NomCom 2016-2017: Call for Nominations to fill the ART AD Vacancy

From: NomCom Chair 2016 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2017 09:04:12 -0800

The 2016-17 Nominating Committee (Nomcom) is seeking nominations from
now until February 17, 2017 for the position of ART AD. This appoint
will fill the 1 year vacancy created by Alissa Cooper's resignation as she
moves to the IETF Chair seat.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2016/

Nominations may be made by selecting the Nominate link at the top of
the Nomcom 2016 home page, or by visiting the following URL:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2016/nominate/

  {Note that nominations made using the web tool require an ietf.org
   datatracker account. You can create a datatracker ietf.org account
   if you don't have one already by visiting the following URL:
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/accounts/create/ }

If you are unable to use the web form, nominations may instead be made
by email to [email-masked]. If using email, please include the word
"Nominate" in the Subject and indicate in the email who is being
nominated and their email address (to confirm acceptance of the
nomination).

If you are nominating someone other than yourself, please tell us if
we may tell the nominee that you were the one who made the nomination.

Self-nomination is welcome!

Willing nominees will be asked to fill out a questionnaire for the ART AD
position. The questionnaires will be available February 8, 2017 and have a 
submission deadline of February 17, 2017.

NomCom 2016-17 will follow the policy for "Open Disclosure of Willing
Nominees" described in BCP 10/RFC 7437.  As stated in RFC 7437: "The
list of nominees willing to be considered for positions under review
in the current Nomcom cycle is not confidential". Willing nominees for
the ART AD position will be listed in a publicly accessible way - anyone
with a datatracker account may access the lists.  Additionally, the
nomination form asks if we may share your own name with the
nominee. In all other ways, the confidentiality requirements of BCP10
remain in effect.  All feedback and all Nomcom deliberations will
remain confidential and will not be disclosed.

There is a field on the form you can mark in order to allow the Nomcom
to tell the nominee that you were the one who made the
nomination. This defaults to “no” - so if you don't mark the field
we won’t tell.

In order to ensure time to collect sufficient community feedback about
each of the willing nominees, nominations must be received by the
NomCom on or before February 17, 2017.

Please submit your nominations as early as possible for the sake of
your nominees. Note that nominations should not wait for management
permission, as it is easier to decline the nomination than put one in
late.