Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-encryption-10.txt> (Opportunistic Security for HTTP) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 11:49:10 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Hypertext Transfer Protocol WG
(httpbis) to consider the following document:
- 'Opportunistic Security for HTTP'
  <draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-encryption-10.txt> as Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-03-06. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes how "http" URIs can be accessed using
   Transport Layer Security (TLS) to mitigate pervasive monitoring
   attacks.

Note to Readers

   Discussion of this draft takes place on the HTTP working group
   mailing list ([email-masked]), which is archived at
   https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-http-wg/ .

   Working Group information can be found at http://httpwg.github.io/ ;
   source code and issues list for this draft can be found at
   https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/labels/opp-sec .

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-encryption/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-encryption/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.