Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-6man-rfc4291bis-07.txt> (IP Version 6 Addressing Architecture) to Internet Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2017 15:51:01 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Maintenance WG (6man) to
consider the following document:
- 'IP Version 6 Addressing Architecture'
  <draft-ietf-6man-rfc4291bis-07.txt> as Internet Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-03-01. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This specification defines the addressing architecture of the IP
   Version 6 (IPv6) protocol.  The document includes the IPv6 addressing
   model, text representations of IPv6 addresses, definition of IPv6
   unicast addresses, anycast addresses, and multicast addresses, and an
   IPv6 node's required addresses.

   This document obsoletes RFC 4291, "IP Version 6 Addressing
   Architecture".

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-rfc4291bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-rfc4291bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.