Subject: RFC 8049 on YANG Data Model for L3VPN Service Delivery

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 16:25:50 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8049

        Title:      YANG Data Model for L3VPN 
                    Service Delivery 
        Author:     S. Litkowski, L. Tomotaki, K. Ogaki
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      157
        Characters: 272974
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-l3sm-l3vpn-service-model-19.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8049

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8049

This document defines a YANG data model that can be used for
communication between customers and network operators and to deliver
a Layer 3 provider-provisioned VPN service.  This document is limited
to BGP PE-based VPNs as described in RFCs 4026, 4110, and 4364.  This
model is intended to be instantiated at the management system to
deliver the overall service.  It is not a configuration model to be
used directly on network elements.  This model provides an abstracted
view of the Layer 3 IP VPN service configuration components.  It will
be up to the management system to take this model as input and use
specific configuration models to configure the different network
elements to deliver the service.  How the configuration of network
elements is done is out of scope for this document.

This document is a product of the L3VPN Service Model Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC