Subject: Protocol Action: 'Guidelines for Writing an IANA Considerations Section in RFCs' to Best Current Practice (draft-leiba-cotton-iana-5226bis-20.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 07:58:09 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Guidelines for Writing an IANA Considerations Section in RFCs'
  (draft-leiba-cotton-iana-5226bis-20.txt) as Best Current Practice

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Terry Manderson.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-leiba-cotton-iana-5226bis/

 Technical Summary

        This document is an update to RFC 5226, Guidelines for Writing an IANA
        Considerations Section in RFCs. This is version 3.

 Working Group Summary

        This is unrelated to any specific WG or RG -- it is mostly about interactions
        with IANA. It has been thoroughly discussed within IANA based on their
        experiences.

        The document also had a few comments on the [email-masked] list.

 Document Quality

        Since RFC 2434 was published, tens of thousands Internet-Drafts 
        have been posted with IANA Considerations sections, and thousands of
        RFCs have been published based on those IANA Considerations sections.

        Major reviews were received from John Klensin and Mark Nottingham, as
        well as the document shepherd.

 Personnel

        Document Shepherd: Tony Hansen
        Responsible Area Director: Brian Haberman