Subject: Last Call: <draft-leiba-rfc2119-update-01.txt> (Ambiguity of Uppercase vs Lowercase in RFC 2119 Key Words) to Best Current Practice

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2017 15:16:29 -0800

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Ambiguity of Uppercase vs Lowercase in RFC 2119 Key Words'
  <draft-leiba-rfc2119-update-01.txt> as Best Current Practice

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-03-09. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   RFC 2119 specifies common key words that may be used in protocol
   specifications.  This document aims to reduce the ambiguity by
   clarifying that only UPPERCASE usage of the key words have the
   defined special meanings.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-leiba-rfc2119-update/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-leiba-rfc2119-update/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.