Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dane-smime-15.txt> (Using Secure DNS to Associate Certificates with Domain Names For S/MIME) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 09:09:16 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the DNS-based Authentication of
Named Entities WG (dane) to consider the following document:
- 'Using Secure DNS to Associate Certificates with Domain Names For
   S/MIME'
  <draft-ietf-dane-smime-15.txt> as Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-03-03. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes how to use secure DNS to associate an S/MIME
   user's certificate with the intended domain name, similar to the way
   that DNS-Based Authentication of Named Entities (DANE), RFC 6698,
   does for TLS.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dane-smime/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dane-smime/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2468/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2446/