Subject: RFC 8066 on IPv6 over Low-Power Wireless Personal Area Network (6LoWPAN) ESC Dispatch Code Points and Guidelines

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2017 16:04:33 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8066

        Title:      IPv6 over Low-Power Wireless Personal 
                    Area Network (6LoWPAN) ESC Dispatch Code 
                    Points and Guidelines 
        Author:     S. Chakrabarti, G. Montenegro,
                    R. Droms, J. Woodyatt
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 17494
        Updates:    RFC 4944, RFC 6282

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-6lo-dispatch-iana-registry-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8066

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8066

RFC 4944 defines the ESC dispatch type to allow additional dispatch
octets in the 6LoWPAN header.  The value of the ESC dispatch type was
updated by RFC 6282; however, its usage was not defined in either RFC
6282 or RFC 4944.  This document updates RFC 4944 and RFC 6282 by
defining the ESC extension octet code points and listing registration
entries for known use cases at the time of writing of this document.

This document is a product of the IPv6 over Networks of Resource-constrained Nodes Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC