Subject: Document Action: 'RSVP-TE Signaling Procedure for End-to-End GMPLS Restoration and Resource Sharing' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-teas-gmpls-resource-sharing-proc-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2017 08:30:29 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'RSVP-TE Signaling Procedure for End-to-End GMPLS Restoration and
   Resource Sharing'
  (draft-ietf-teas-gmpls-resource-sharing-proc-08.txt) as Informational
RFC

This document is the product of the Traffic Engineering Architecture and
Signaling Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-gmpls-resource-sharing-proc/

Technical Summary

This document reviews how the LSP association is to be provided using
Resource Reservation Protocol - Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE)
signaling in the context of GMPLS end-to-end recovery scheme when
using restoration LSP where the failed LSP is not torn down.  In
addition, this document discusses resource sharing-based setup and
teardown of LSPs as well as LSP reversion procedures.

Working Group Summary

This document moved from the CCAMP WG to TEAS WG as part of the
Routing Area WG changes. This document has been fairly noncontroversial.

Document Quality

The base GMPLS signaling protocol has been implemented. The procedures
discussed in this document are compatible with earlier implementations.
While there have been no public statements on implementation of these
procedures, the authors are from multiple vendors, and implementation 
is expected - or may even already exist.

Personnel

   Who is the Document Shepherd for this document? Vishnu Pavan Beeram
   Who is the Responsible Area Director? Deborah Brungard