Subject: Document Action: 'Use Cases for Data Center Network Virtualization Overlay Networks' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-nvo3-use-case-17.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 08:27:35 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Use Cases for Data Center Network Virtualization Overlay Networks'
  (draft-ietf-nvo3-use-case-17.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Network Virtualization Overlays
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nvo3-use-case/

Technical Summary

  This document describes data center network virtualization overly
  (NVO3) network use cases that can be deployed in various data
  centers and serve different data center applications.

Working Group Summary

   The document is one of the base documents chartered for the NVO3 working group. 
   The document was originally created following interest in the WG to define the 
   specific NVO3 use cases to help scope the NVO3 architecture and requirements, 
   and any required protocols.

   There are no IPR declarations on the draft.

    The WG was explicitly recently asked if the use-cases should be dropped or continued to
    publication.  There was strong support for publication and the document was improved
    as a result of the discussion.

Document Quality

I have no concerns about the quality of the document. I believe it represents 
   WG consensus, and it has been widely reviewed and discussed on the list over a 
   number of years. 

   The document does not specify any MIB changes or additions which would need 
   review.

Personnel

   The document shepherd is Matthew Bocci.
   The responsible Area Director is Alia Atlas.