Subject: RFC 8133 on The Security Evaluated Standardized Password-Authenticated Key Exchange (SESPAKE) Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 14:40:22 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8133

        Title:      The Security Evaluated Standardized 
                    Password-Authenticated 
                    Key Exchange (SESPAKE) Protocol 
        Author:     S. Smyshlyaev. Ed., 
                    E. Alekseev,
                    I. Oshkin, 
                    V. Popov
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       March 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      51
        Characters: 89986
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-smyshlyaev-sespake-16.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8133

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8133

This document describes the Security Evaluated Standardized Password-
Authenticated Key Exchange (SESPAKE) protocol.  The SESPAKE protocol
provides password-authenticated key exchange for usage in systems for
protection of sensitive information.  The security proofs of the
protocol were made for situations involving an active adversary in
the channel, including man-in-the-middle (MitM) attacks and attacks
based on the impersonation of one of the subjects.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC