Subject: RFC 8130 on RTP Payload Format for the Mixed Excitation Linear Prediction Enhanced (MELPe) Codec

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 14:40:08 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8130

        Title:      RTP Payload Format for the 
                    Mixed Excitation Linear Prediction Enhanced (MELPe) 
                    Codec 
        Author:     V. Demjanenko, D. Satterlee
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      30
        Characters: 64594
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-payload-melpe-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8130

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8130

This document describes the RTP payload format for the Mixed
Excitation Linear Prediction Enhanced (MELPe) speech coder.  MELPe's
three different speech encoding rates and sample frame sizes are
supported.  Comfort noise procedures and packet loss concealment are
described in detail.

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Payloads Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC