Subject: Protocol Action: 'Remote Direct Memory Access Transport for Remote Procedure Call, Version One' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc5666bis-11.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 08:48:50 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Remote Direct Memory Access Transport for Remote Procedure Call,
   Version One'
  (draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc5666bis-11.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Network File System Version 4 Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Mirja Kühlewind and Spencer Dawkins.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc5666bis/

Technical Summary

   This document specifies a protocol for conveying Remote Procedure
   Call (RPC) messages on physical transports capable of Remote Direct
   Memory Access (RDMA).  It requires no revision to application RPC
   protocols or the RPC protocol itself.  This document obsoletes RFC
   5666.

Working Group Summary

   This document has been non-controversial within the working group
   and there is broad support for the work.

Document Quality

   The document quality is high.  Since this is a bis document it is
   based on existing protocol experience and implementation
   guidance. In fact, this experience is the reason why the document
   was created - to clarify and correct inaccuracies in the existing
   I-D.

Personnel

   Document Author/Shepherd:  Spencer Shepler
  Area Director: Spencer Dawkins