Subject: Protocol Action: 'IUTF8 Terminal Mode in Secure Shell (SSH)' to Proposed Standard (draft-sgtatham-secsh-iutf8-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2017 13:26:46 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'IUTF8 Terminal Mode in Secure Shell (SSH)'
  (draft-sgtatham-secsh-iutf8-06.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Kathleen Moriarty.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sgtatham-secsh-iutf8/

Technical Summary

   This document specifies IUTF8 a new opcode for the Secure
   Shell terminal modes encoding. This opcode enables the
   widely used IUTF8 terminal mode that indicates terminal I/O
   uses UTF-8.

Working Group Summary
  The document was announced on the secsh mailing
   list [1]. The item was not adopted as the WG is concluded. 

  There hasn't been any controversy.  There has been agreement
  on protocol goals and design.

Document Quality

  There is an implementation of the draft and no special
  reviews have been requested.

Personnel

  Daniel Migault is the document Shepherd.
  Kathleen Moriarty is the Responsible AD.

IANA Note

  An entry is requested to be added to the
  SSH encoded terminal modes registry.