Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-sipcore-status-unwanted-04.txt> (A SIP Response Code for Unwanted Calls) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2017 16:23:06 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Session Initiation Protocol Core
WG (sipcore) to consider the following document:
- 'A SIP Response Code for Unwanted Calls'
  <draft-ietf-sipcore-status-unwanted-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-03-21. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines the 666 (Unwanted) SIP response code, allowing
   called parties to indicate that the call or message was unwanted.
   SIP entities may use this information to adjust how future calls from
   this calling party are handled for the called party or more broadly.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipcore-status-unwanted/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipcore-status-unwanted/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.