Subject: RFC 8124 on The Session Description Protocol (SDP) WebSocket Connection URI Attribute

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 14:39:54 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8124

        Title:      The Session Description Protocol (SDP) 
                    WebSocket Connection URI Attribute 
        Author:     R. Ravindranath, 
                    G. Salgueiro
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 24562
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-bfcpbis-sdp-ws-uri-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8124

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8124

The WebSocket protocol enables bidirectional real-time communication
between clients and servers in web-based applications.  This document
specifies extensions to Session Description Protocol (SDP) for
application protocols using WebSocket as a transport.

This document is a product of the Binary Floor Control Protocol Bis Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC