Subject: Protocol Action: 'Ambiguity of Uppercase vs Lowercase in RFC 2119 Key Words' to Best Current Practice (draft-leiba-rfc2119-update-02.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 14:41:38 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Ambiguity of Uppercase vs Lowercase in RFC 2119 Key Words'
  (draft-leiba-rfc2119-update-02.txt) as Best Current Practice

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Ben Campbell.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-leiba-rfc2119-update/

Technical Summary

   This document updates RFC 2119 to change the keyword boilerplate
   only apply for keywords used in UPPER CASE.

Working Group Summary

   This is not a working group document. However, there was significant
   discussion on the IETF discussion list, with generally favorable comments.

Document Quality

   We expect many "implementations" of the procedures in this document. A
   number of authors have made similar modification to the RFC 2119 boilerplate
  on an ad-hoc basis over the past few years.

Personnel

   The responsible AD is Ben Campbell. There is no assigned shepherd.