Subject: RFC 8114 on Delivery of IPv4 Multicast Services to IPv4 Clients over an IPv6 Multicast Network

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 16:10:26 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8114

        Title:      Delivery of IPv4 Multicast Services 
                    to IPv4 Clients over an IPv6 
                    Multicast Network 
        Author:     M. Boucadair,
                    C. Qin,
                    C. Jacquenet, 
                    Y. Lee,
                    Q. Wang
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 47896
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-softwire-dslite-multicast-18.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8114

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8114

This document specifies a solution for the delivery of IPv4 multicast
services to IPv4 clients over an IPv6 multicast network.  The
solution relies upon a stateless IPv4-in-IPv6 encapsulation scheme
and uses an IPv6 multicast distribution tree to deliver IPv4
multicast traffic.  The solution is particularly useful for the
delivery of multicast service offerings to customers serviced by
Dual-Stack Lite (DS-Lite).

This document is a product of the Softwires Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC