Subject: RFC 8100 on Diffserv-Interconnection Classes and Practice

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2017 18:06:31 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8100

        Title:      Diffserv-Interconnection Classes and Practice 
        Author:     R. Geib, Ed.,
                    D. Black
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 50264
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tsvwg-diffserv-intercon-14.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8100

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8100

This document defines a limited common set of Diffserv Per-Hop
Behaviors (PHBs) and Diffserv Codepoints (DSCPs) to be applied at
(inter)connections of two separately administered and operated
networks, and it explains how this approach can simplify network
configuration and operation.  Many network providers operate
Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) using Treatment Aggregates for
traffic marked with different Diffserv Per-Hop Behaviors and use MPLS
for interconnection with other networks.  This document offers a
simple interconnection approach that may simplify operation of
Diffserv for network interconnection among providers that use MPLS
and apply the Short Pipe Model.  While motivated by the requirements
of MPLS network operators that use Short Pipe Model tunnels, this
document is applicable to other networks, both MPLS and non-MPLS.

This document is a product of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC