Subject: BCP 208, RFC 8084 on Network Transport Circuit Breakers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2017 14:16:20 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 208        
        RFC 8084

        Title:      Network Transport Circuit Breakers 
        Author:     G. Fairhurst
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      24
        Characters: 61712
        See Also:   BCP 208

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tsvwg-circuit-breaker-15.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8084

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8084

This document explains what is meant by the term "network transport                         
Circuit Breaker".  It describes the need for Circuit Breakers (CBs)
for network tunnels and applications when using non-congestion-
controlled traffic and explains where CBs are, and are not, needed.
It also defines requirements for building a CB and the expected
outcomes of using a CB within the Internet.

This document is a product of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC