Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-isis-auto-conf-04.txt> (ISIS Auto-Configuration) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 15:11:07 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IS-IS for IP Internets WG (isis)
to consider the following document:
- 'ISIS Auto-Configuration'
  <draft-ietf-isis-auto-conf-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-04-10. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies IS-IS auto-configuration mechanisms.  The key
   components are IS-IS System ID self-generation, duplication detection
   and duplication resolution.  These mechanisms provide limited IS-IS
   functions, and so are suitable for networks where plug-and-play
   configuration is expected.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-auto-conf/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-auto-conf/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.