Subject: RFC 8076 on A Usage for Shared Resources in RELOAD (ShaRe)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 15:56:09 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8076

        Title:      A Usage for Shared Resources 
                    in RELOAD (ShaRe) 
        Author:     A. Knauf, 
                    T. Schmidt, Ed.,
                    G. Hege,
                    M. Waehlisch
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Characters: 46545
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-p2psip-share-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8076

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8076

This document defines a REsource LOcation And Discovery (RELOAD)
Usage for managing shared write access to RELOAD Resources.  Shared
Resources in RELOAD (ShaRe) form a basic primitive for enabling
various coordination and notification schemes among distributed
peers.  Access in ShaRe is controlled by a hierarchical trust
delegation scheme maintained within an access list.  A new
USER-CHAIN-ACL access policy allows authorized peers to write a Shared
Resource without owning its corresponding certificate.  This
specification also adds mechanisms to store Resources with a variable
name that is useful whenever peer-independent rendezvous processes
are required.

This document is a product of the Peer-to-Peer Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC