Subject: IETF 98 - Thursday Tech Talk Speaker Series!

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2017 14:13:11 -0800

Date: Thursday, March 30th
Time: 12:00 - 12:45
Room: Zurich E/F, Swissotel
(Note: Lunch will NOT be provided)

Speaker: John Mattsson, Senior Specialist at Ericsson Security Research

Topic: The Real Deal on Cellular Security

Topic Description: 
This talk will describe how cellular security has evolved in earlier
generations as well as the industry's vision for security and privacy
in 5G. 2G systems were among the first global mass-market products
using cryptography in a time when only secret algorithms could be
used. Much has happened since, and all algorithms and protocols are
now public. The goal of the talk is to dispel myths, describe the
current situation in 4G, and how 5G will improve security and privacy
while at the same time increase flexibility and enable IoT use cases.

Speaker Biography: 
John Mattsson is a Senior Specialist at Ericsson Security Research
with a focus on Security Protocols, Cryptography, and IoT. John has
been active in 3GPP and the IETF on a large number of topics and is
now coordinating Ericsson's security related activities in the
IETF. He holds a M.Sc. in Engineering Physics from KTH (Royal
Institute of Technology, Sweden) and a M.Sc. in Business
Administration and Economics from Stockholm University.