Subject: Protocol Action: 'Diameter Agent Overload and the Peer Overload Report' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-dime-agent-overload-11.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 18:52:13 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Diameter Agent Overload and the Peer Overload Report'
  (draft-ietf-dime-agent-overload-11.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Stephen Farrell, Benoit Claise and Joel
Jaeggli.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dime-agent-overload/

Technical Summary

  This document specifies an extension to RFC7683, which adds 
  a peer overload report type with the intended use case to cover
  a Diameter agent overload situation.

Working Group Summary

  The document has full support of the DIME WG and was discussed
  in length in the WG.

Document Quality

   No currently known implementations (the AVP code allocations are not done
   yet, for example). The document extends RFC7683, which is part of 3GPP
   Diameter based AAA interfaces specifications.

Personnel

   Jouni Korhonen ([email-masked]) is the document shepherd.
   Stephen Farrell  is the responsible AD.