Subject: Protocol Action: 'RPKI Repository Delta Protocol (RRDP)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-sidr-delta-protocol-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 09:26:41 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'RPKI Repository Delta Protocol (RRDP)'
  (draft-ietf-sidr-delta-protocol-08.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-delta-protocol/

Technical Summary

   In the Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI), certificate
   authorities publish certificates, including end entity certificates,
   Certificate Revocation Lists (CRL), and RPKI signed objects to
   repositories.  Relying Parties (RP) retrieve the published
   information from those repositories.  This document specifies a
   protocol which provides relying parties with a mechanism to query a
   repository for incremental updates using the HTTP Over TLS (HTTPS)
   [RFC2818] protocol, thus enabling the RP to keep its state in sync
   with the repository using a secure transport channel.  This document
   updates [RFC6480], [RFC6481], and [RFC7730].

Working Group Summary

  The WG process was as most SIDR process goes... long, but generally good in the end.

Document Quality

  There are 2 different protocol implementations to date.
  One from RipeLabs, one from Dragon Research Group.

Personnel

   Shepherd: [email-masked] - Chris Morrow
   AD: Alvaro Retana - [email-masked]