Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-ipsecme-rfc7321bis-05.txt> (Cryptographic Algorithm Implementation Requirements and Usage Guidance for Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP) and Authentication Header (AH)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2017 07:45:23 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the IP Security Maintenance and
Extensions WG (ipsecme) to consider the following document:
- 'Cryptographic Algorithm Implementation Requirements and Usage
Guidance
   for Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP) and Authentication Header
   (AH)'
  <draft-ietf-ipsecme-rfc7321bis-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-03-15. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document updates the Cryptographic Algorithm Implementation
   Requirements for ESP and AH.  The goal of these document is to enable
   ESP and AH to benefit from cryptography that is up to date while
   making IPsec interoperable.

   This document obsoletes RFC 7321 on the cryptographic recommendations
   only.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipsecme-rfc7321bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipsecme-rfc7321bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.