Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-ipsecme-tcp-encaps-09.txt> (TCP Encapsulation of IKE and IPsec Packets) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 09:25:17 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IP Security Maintenance and
Extensions WG (ipsecme) to consider the following document:
- 'TCP Encapsulation of IKE and IPsec Packets'
  <draft-ietf-ipsecme-tcp-encaps-09.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-04-18. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes a method to transport IKE and IPsec packets
   over a TCP connection for traversing network middleboxes that may
   block IKE negotiation over UDP.  This method, referred to as TCP
   encapsulation, involves sending both IKE packets for Security
   Association establishment and ESP packets over a TCP connection.
   This method is intended to be used as a fallback option when IKE
   cannot be negotiated over UDP.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipsecme-tcp-encaps/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipsecme-tcp-encaps/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.