Subject: Protocol Action: 'IEEE 802.15.4 Information Element for IETF' to Proposed Standard (draft-kivinen-802-15-ie-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2017 13:06:50 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'IEEE 802.15.4 Information Element for IETF'
  (draft-kivinen-802-15-ie-06.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Suresh Krishnan.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kivinen-802-15-ie/

Technical Summary

   IEEE Std 802.15.4 defines Information Elements (IEs) that can be used
   to extend 802.15.4 in an interoperable manner.  The IEEE 802.15
   Assigned Numbers Authority (ANA) manages the registry of the
   Information Elements.  This document formulates a request for ANA to
   allocate a number from that registry for IETF, and describes how the
   IE is formatted to provide subtypes.

Working Group Summary

  This is document is of relevance to several IETF working groups
across multiple areas.

Document Quality

There are no known implementations of this mechanism in the IETF
context but several WGs have expressed interest in using this IE once
it is allocated to the IETF. This document is being AD sponsored but
the draft was sent to multiple WG mailing lists and an RG mailing list
for review. All of the comments received on the reviewed version were
addressed in this current version.

Personnel

 Francesca Palombini is the document shepherd. Suresh Krishnan is the
responsible AD.