Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mmusic-dtls-sdp-22.txt> (Using the SDP Offer/Answer Mechanism for DTLS) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 06:18:05 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiparty Multimedia Session
Control WG (mmusic) to consider the following document:
- 'Using the SDP Offer/Answer Mechanism for DTLS'
  <draft-ietf-mmusic-dtls-sdp-22.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-04-06. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines the SDP offer/answer procedures for negotiating
   and establishing a DTLS association.  The document also defines the
   criteria for when a new DTLS association must be established.  The
   document updates RFC 5763 and RFC 7345, by replacing common SDP
   offer/answer procedures with a reference to this specification.

   This document defines a new SDP media-level attribute, 'dtls-id'.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-dtls-sdp/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-dtls-sdp/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.