Subject: Protocol Action: 'Intellectual Property Rights in IETF Technology' to Best Current Practice (draft-bradner-rfc3979bis-13.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 08:26:21 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Intellectual Property Rights in IETF Technology'
  (draft-bradner-rfc3979bis-13.txt) as Best Current Practice

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Jari Arkko.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bradner-rfc3979bis/

Technical Summary

   This document defines IETF's IPR rules.

Working Group Summary

   The topic and the draft has been discussed in a BOF at
   IETF-87, and on the IPR-WG list.

Document Quality

   Some of the main issues (such as how to define participation)
   were discussed in the IETF-87 meeting, but there are also a
   number of other changes in this document. Please give
   this document a careful read, and let us know your feedback.

Personnel

   The responsible Area Director is Jari Arkko.

RFC Editor Note

In 1(i):
s/informational and experimental (see Section 4 of RFC 2026) documents./informational and experimental documents (see Section 4 of RFC 2026)./