Subject: RFC 8110 on Opportunistic Wireless Encryption

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 14:39:37 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8110

        Title:      Opportunistic Wireless Encryption 
        Author:     D. Harkins, Ed.,
                    W. Kumari, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 26719
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-harkins-owe-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8110

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8110

This memo specifies an extension to IEEE Std 802.11 to provide for
opportunistic (unauthenticated) encryption to the wireless media.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC