Subject: Protocol Action: 'DHCPv6 Prefix Length Hint Issues' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-length-hint-issue-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 06:40:44 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'DHCPv6 Prefix Length Hint Issues'
  (draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-length-hint-issue-05.txt) as Proposed
Standard

This document is the product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Suresh Krishnan and Terry Manderson.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-length-hint-issue/

Technical Summary

This document specifies information that is useful to DHCPv6 client
and server implementers to support allowing clients to specify a
prefix length hint when requested delegated prefixes. It clarifies
this concept introduced in RFC 3633.

Working Group Summary

There is a strong consensus behind this document and in particular from
very active WG participants.

Document Quality

This document has had thorough reviews by many interested and
knowledgeable folks (beyond those mentioned in the acknowledgements
section). There were no significant points of difficulty or
controversy with the contents of the document.

Personnel

Bernie Volz is the document shepherd. Suresh Krishnan is the
current responsible AD.