Subject: IETF Server Scheduled Maintenance Announcement

From: Glen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2017 11:50:41 -0800

Dear IETF Community -

AMS will be performing server upgrade and maintenance operations on
the IETF production server on Tuesday, March 14th, 2017.

During this process, there may be periods of time in which some
services are unavailable.  These time periods are expected to be
1400-1600 GMT (1000-1200 EDT) and 1800-2000 GMT (1400-1600 EDT),
although they may vary a bit due to server loads.

We anticipate that most services will remain up throughout the
process; however, during those windows, some services may be offline
briefly.  As you would expect, our IT staff will be online and on the
server during the process, and will be performing the necessary steps
to bring impacted services back online as quickly as possible.

During this time, the presence of one service should not imply the
presence of another service.  If the Datatracker is up (for example)
and the Mail Archive is down, there is no need to panic.  As we've
upgraded backup and sandbox servers, we've observed that some systems
need more upgrade work than others, and we'll be working on all
services to bring them forward as quickly as possible.  So there is no
need to reach out to IETF-Action during those intervals - and indeed
you may not be able to:  One of the most painful systems to shepherd
through an upgrade is the "RT" ticketing system used by the IETF - and
we expect that system to be offline for at least 20 minutes during
each interval period.

Thank you for your patience as we bring the IETF servers forward to
the latest OS and platform technology.  As always, if you have any
questions, please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Glen
--
Glen Barney, [email-masked]
IT Director
AMS (IETF Secretariat)