Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-avtcore-rfc5285-bis-09.txt> (A General Mechanism for RTP Header Extensions) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2017 15:36:00 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Audio/Video Transport Core
Maintenance WG (avtcore) to consider the following document:
- 'A General Mechanism for RTP Header Extensions'
  <draft-ietf-avtcore-rfc5285-bis-09.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-04-20. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document provides a general mechanism to use the header
   extension feature of RTP (the Real-Time Transport Protocol).  It
   provides the option to use a small number of small extensions in each
   RTP packet, where the universe of possible extensions is large and
   registration is de-centralized.  The actual extensions in use in a
   session are signaled in the setup information for that session.  This
   document obsoletes RFC5285.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-rfc5285-bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-rfc5285-bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.