Subject: RFC 8143 on Using Transport Layer Security (TLS) with Network News Transfer Protocol (NNTP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2017 21:37:54 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8143

        Title:      Using Transport Layer Security (TLS) 
                    with Network News Transfer Protocol (NNTP) 
        Author:     J. Elie
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 28484
        Updates:    RFC 4642

        I-D Tag:    draft-elie-nntp-tls-recommendations-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8143

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8143

This document provides recommendations for improving the security of
the Network News Transfer Protocol (NNTP) when using Transport Layer
Security (TLS).  It modernizes the NNTP usage of TLS to be consistent
with TLS best current practices.  This document updates RFC 4642.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC