Subject: RFC 8149 on RSVP Extensions for Reoptimization of Loosely Routed Point-to-Multipoint Traffic Engineering Label Switched Paths (LSPs)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 17:17:59 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8149

        Title:      RSVP Extensions for Reoptimization of 
                    Loosely Routed Point-to-Multipoint 
                    Traffic Engineering Label 
                    Switched Paths (LSPs) 
        Author:     T. Saad, Ed.,
                    R. Gandhi, Ed.,
                    Z. Ali, 
                    R. Venator,
                    Y. Kamite
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 37916
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-teas-p2mp-loose-path-reopt-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8149

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8149

The reoptimization of a Point-to-Multipoint (P2MP) Traffic Engineering
(TE) Label Switched Path (LSP) may be triggered based on the need to
reoptimize an individual source-to-leaf (S2L) sub-LSP or a set of
S2L sub-LSPs, both using the Sub-Group-based reoptimization method, or
the entire P2MP-TE LSP tree using the Make-Before-Break (MBB) method.
This document discusses the application of the existing mechanisms
for path reoptimization of loosely routed Point-to-Point (P2P) TE
LSPs to the P2MP-TE LSPs, identifies issues in doing so, and defines
procedures to address them.  When reoptimizing a large number of S2L
sub-LSPs in a tree using the Sub-Group-based reoptimization method,
the S2L sub-LSP descriptor list may need to be semantically
fragmented.  This document defines the notion of a fragment
identifier to help recipient nodes unambiguously reconstruct the
fragmented S2L sub-LSP descriptor list.

This document is a product of the Traffic Engineering Architecture and Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC