Subject: RFC 8153 on Digital Preservation Considerations for the RFC Series

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 17:18:21 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8153

        Title:      Digital Preservation Considerations 
                    for the RFC Series 
        Author:     H. Flanagan
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IAB
        Date:       April 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 40770
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-iab-rfc-preservation-04.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8153

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8153

The RFC Editor is both the publisher and the archivist for the RFC
Series.  This document applies specifically to the archivist role of
the RFC Editor.  It provides guidance on when and how to preserve
RFCs and describes the tools required to view or re-create RFCs as
necessary.  This document also highlights gaps in the current process
and suggests compromises to balance cost with best practice.

This document is a product of the Internet Architecture Board.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC