Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-nfsv4-versioning-09.txt> (Rules for NFSv4 Extensions and Minor Versions) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 11:26:30 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Network File System Version 4 WG
(nfsv4) to consider the following document:
- 'Rules for NFSv4 Extensions and Minor Versions'
  <draft-ietf-nfsv4-versioning-09.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-05-12. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes the rules relating to the extension of the
   NFSv4 family of protocols.  It covers the creation of minor versions,
   the addition of optional features to existing minor versions, and the
   correction of flaws in features already published as Proposed
   Standards.  The rules relating to the construction of minor versions
   and the interaction of minor version implementations that appear in
   this document supersede the minor versioning rules in RFC5661 and
   other RFCs defining minor versions.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-versioning/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-versioning/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.