Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-core-links-json-07.txt> (Representing CoRE Formats in JSON and CBOR) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2017 10:05:02 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Constrained RESTful Environments
WG (core) to consider the following document:
- 'Representing CoRE Formats in JSON and CBOR'
  <draft-ietf-core-links-json-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-04-21. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   JavaScript Object Notation, JSON (RFC7159) is a text-based data
   format which is popular for Web based data exchange.  Concise Binary
   Object Representation, CBOR (RFC7049) is a binary data format which
   has been optimized for data exchange for the Internet of Things
   (IoT).  For many IoT scenarios, CBOR formats will be preferred since
   it can help decrease transmission payload sizes as well as
   implementation code sizes compared to other data formats.

   Web Linking (RFC5988) provides a way to represent links between Web
   resources as well as the relations expressed by them and attributes
   of such a link.  In constrained networks, a collection of Web links
   can be exchanged in the CoRE link format (RFC6690).  Outside of
   constrained environments, it may be useful to represent these
   collections of Web links in JSON, and similarly, inside constrained
   environments, in CBOR.  This specification defines a common format
   for this.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-links-json/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-links-json/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.