Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-nfsv4-xattrs-05.txt> (File System Extended Attributes in NFSv4) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2017 19:28:43 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Network File System Version 4 WG
(nfsv4) to consider the following document:
- 'File System Extended Attributes in NFSv4'
  <draft-ietf-nfsv4-xattrs-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-05-16. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes an OPTIONAL feature extending the NFSv4
   protocol which allows extended attributes (hereinafter also referred
   to as xattrs) to be interrogated and manipulated using NFSv4 clients.
    Xattrs are provided by a file system to associate opaque metadata,
   not interpreted by the file system, with files and directories.  Such
   support is present in many modern local file systems.  New file
   attributes are provided to allow clients to query the server for
   xattr support, with that support consisting of new operations to get
   and set xattrs on file system objects.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-xattrs/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-xattrs/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.