Subject: RFC 8096 on The IPv6-Specific MIB Modules Are Obsolete

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2017 13:27:36 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8096

        Title:      The IPv6-Specific MIB Modules Are Obsolete 
        Author:     B. Fenner
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      65
        Characters: 117298
        Obsoletes:  RFC 2452, RFC 2454, RFC 2465, RFC 2466

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-6man-ipv6-mibs-obsolete-02.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8096

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8096

In 2005-2006, the IPv6 MIB update group published updated versions of
the IP-MIB, UDP-MIB, TCP-MIB, and IP-FORWARD-MIB modules, which use
the InetAddressType/InetAddress construct to handle IPv4 and IPv6 in
the same table.  This document contains versions of the obsoleted
IPV6-MIB, IPV6-TC, IPV6-ICMP-MIB, IPV6-TCP-MIB, and IPV6-UDP-MIB
modules for the purpose of updating MIB module repositories.  This
document obsoletes RFCs 2452, 2454, 2465, and 2466 (i.e., the RFCs
containing these MIBs) and reclassifies them as Historic.

This document is a product of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC