Subject: RFC 8137 on IEEE 802.15.4 Information Element for the IETF

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 May 2017 21:41:47 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8137

        Title:      IEEE 802.15.4 Information Element 
                    for the IETF 
        Author:     T. Kivinen, 
                    P. Kinney
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 12946
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-kivinen-802-15-ie-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8137

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8137

IEEE Std 802.15.4 defines Information Elements (IEs) that can be used
to extend 802.15.4 in an interoperable manner.  The IEEE 802.15
Assigned Numbers Authority (ANA) manages the registry of the
Information Elements.  This document formulates a request for ANA to
allocate a number from that registry for the IETF and describes how the
IE is formatted to provide subtypes.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2017 10:04:59 -0700

RFC 8137

        Status:     Informational

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8137

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet
community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

The RFC Editor Team