Subject: Protocol Action: 'IS-IS Multi-Instance' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-isis-mi-bis-03.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2017 16:00:04 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'IS-IS Multi-Instance'
  (draft-ietf-isis-mi-bis-03.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-mi-bis/

Technical Summary

This document updates RFC6822 to allow for the use of multi-topology IS-IS
(RFC5120) extensions within multi-instance IS-IS instances. This was previously
not allowed.

Working Group Summary

Nothing worth noting.  No controversy.  Strong consensus.

Document Quality

Implementations exist and are deployed with the changes. Other implementations
are in the pipeline.  The change to the RFC while technically incompatible is actually already
deployed by vendors and represents a loosening of restrictions only.

Personnel

   Document Shepherd: Chris Hopps   
   Responsible Area Director: Alia Atlas