Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-idr-shutdown-08.txt> (BGP Administrative Shutdown Communication) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 May 2017 10:54:20 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Inter-Domain Routing WG (idr) to
consider the following document:
- 'BGP Administrative Shutdown Communication'
  <draft-ietf-idr-shutdown-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-05-19. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document enhances the BGP Cease NOTIFICATION message
   "Administrative Shutdown" and "Administrative Reset" subcodes for
   operators to transmit a short freeform message to describe why a BGP
   session was shutdown or reset.  This document updates RFC 4486.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-shutdown/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-shutdown/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.