Subject: RFC 8111 on Locator/ID Separation Protocol Delegated Database Tree (LISP-DDT)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 May 2017 08:36:15 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8111

        Title:      Locator/ID Separation Protocol Delegated Database 
                    Tree (LISP-DDT) 
        Author:     V. Fuller, D. Lewis,
                    V. Ermagan, A. Jain,
                    A. Smirnov
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      44
        Characters: 98773
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-lisp-ddt-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8111

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8111

This document describes the Locator/ID Separation Protocol Delegated
Database Tree (LISP-DDT), a hierarchical distributed database that
embodies the delegation of authority to provide mappings from LISP
Endpoint Identifiers (EIDs) to Routing Locators (RLOCs).  It is a
statically defined distribution of the EID namespace among a set of
LISP-speaking servers called "DDT nodes".  Each DDT node is
configured as "authoritative" for one or more EID-prefixes, along
with the set of RLOCs for Map-Servers or "child" DDT nodes to which
more-specific EID-prefixes are delegated.

This document is a product of the Locator/ID Separation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC