Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-curdle-cms-ecdh-new-curves-07.txt> (Use of the Elliptic Curve Diffie-Hellman Key Agreement Algorithm with X25519 and X448 in the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2017 15:18:51 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the CURves, Deprecating and a Little
more Encryption WG (curdle) to consider the following document:
- 'Use of the Elliptic Curve Diffie-Hellman Key Agreement Algorithm with
   X25519 and X448 in the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)'
  <draft-ietf-curdle-cms-ecdh-new-curves-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-05-28. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes the conventions for using Elliptic Curve
   Diffie-Hellman (ECDH) key agreement algorithm using curve25519 and
   curve448 in the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS).

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-curdle-cms-ecdh-new-curves/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-curdle-cms-ecdh-new-curves/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.