Subject: Last Call: <draft-baeuerle-netnews-cancel-lock-05.txt> (Cancel-Locks in Netnews articles) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 08:24:57 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Cancel-Locks in Netnews articles'
  <draft-baeuerle-netnews-cancel-lock-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-06-28. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines an extension to the Netnews Article Format that
   may be used to authenticate the cancelling and superseding of
   existing articles.  If approved, this document updates RFC5537.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-baeuerle-netnews-cancel-lock/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-baeuerle-netnews-cancel-lock/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.