Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-bmwg-vswitch-opnfv-03.txt> (Benchmarking Virtual Switches in OPNFV) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 May 2017 10:45:09 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Benchmarking Methodology WG
(bmwg) to consider the following document:
- 'Benchmarking Virtual Switches in OPNFV'
  <draft-ietf-bmwg-vswitch-opnfv-03.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-05-15. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo describes the progress of the Open Platform for NFV (OPNFV)
   project on virtual switch performance "VSPERF".  This project intends
   to build on the current and completed work of the Benchmarking
   Methodology Working Group in IETF, by referencing existing
   literature.  The Benchmarking Methodology Working Group has
   traditionally conducted laboratory characterization of dedicated
   physical implementations of internetworking functions.  Therefore,
   this memo begins to describe the additional considerations when
   virtual switches are implemented in general-purpose hardware.  The
   expanded tests and benchmarks are also influenced by the OPNFV
   mission to support virtualization of the "telco" infrastructure.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bmwg-vswitch-opnfv/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bmwg-vswitch-opnfv/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.