Subject: Protocol Action: 'Routing Key Chain YANG Data Model' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-rtgwg-yang-key-chain-24.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2017 12:10:31 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Routing Key Chain YANG Data Model'
  (draft-ietf-rtgwg-yang-key-chain-24.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Routing Area Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-yang-key-chain/

Technical Summary

   This document describes a YANG data model for key chains.  Key
   chains have been implemented and deployed by most of
   network equipment vendors.  Providing a standard YANG model will
   facilitate automated key distribution and non-disruptive key
   rollover in a vendor independent way. 

Working Group Summary

   This draft has been thoroughly discussed in the WG, very good 
   feedback had been provided by SP and vendor community.
   The draft adoption and progress has received full support from the 
   WG. All comments have been addressed.  The draft is ready for 
  publication.

Document Quality

   The draft went to many rounds of reviews by YANG-Doctors as well as 
   implementors, which resulted in a very high quality document.
   There are existing implementations and multiple vendors have shown 
   significant interest in the topic.  
   Note that the most recent version for handling operational state in 
   the model may mean implementations need updates.

Personnel

   Jeff Tantsura is the Document Shepherd.
   Alia Atlas is the Responsible Area Director.

IESG Note

   The most recent version is to handle the very recent change in 
   recommendation for handling operational state in YANG models.  For 
   this model, there won't be system-learned operational state that 
   isn't tied to configuration state, so putting the state in as part of 
   the YANG model is the forward path.