Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-oauth-native-apps-10.txt> (OAuth 2.0 for Native Apps) to Best Current Practice

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2017 11:40:10 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Web Authorization Protocol WG
(oauth) to consider the following document:
- 'OAuth 2.0 for Native Apps'
  <draft-ietf-oauth-native-apps-10.txt> as Best Current Practice

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-05-16. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   OAuth 2.0 authorization requests from native apps should only be made
   through external user-agents, primarily the user's browser.  This
   specification details the security and usability reasons why this is
   the case, and how native apps and authorization servers can implement
   this best practice.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-oauth-native-apps/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-oauth-native-apps/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc6749: The OAuth 2.0 Authorization Framework (Proposed Standard - IETF stream)