Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-tls-ecdhe-psk-aead-03.txt> (ECDHE_PSK with AES-GCM and AES-CCM Cipher Suites for Transport Layer Security (TLS)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2017 09:41:05 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Transport Layer Security WG
(tls) to consider the following document:
- 'ECDHE_PSK with AES-GCM and AES-CCM Cipher Suites for Transport Layer
   Security (TLS)'
  <draft-ietf-tls-ecdhe-psk-aead-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-05-18. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines several new cipher suites for the Transport
   Layer Security (TLS) protocol.  The cipher suites are all based on
   the Ephemeral Elliptic Curve Diffie-Hellman with Pre-Shared Key
   (ECDHE_PSK) key exchange together with the Authenticated Encryption
   with Associated Data (AEAD) algorithms AES-GCM and AES-CCM.  PSK
   provides light and efficient authentication, ECDHE provides perfect
   forward secrecy, and AES-GCM and AES-CCM provides encryption and
   integrity protection.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-ecdhe-psk-aead/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-ecdhe-psk-aead/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.