Subject: BCP 14, RFC 8174 on RFC 2119 Key Words: Clarifying the Use of Capitalization

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 May 2017 22:54:06 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 14        
        RFC 8174

        Title:      RFC 2119 Key Words: Clarifying 
                    the Use of Capitalization 
        Author:     B. Leiba
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      4
        Characters: 6071
        Updates:    RFC 2119
        See Also:   BCP 14

        I-D Tag:    draft-leiba-rfc2119-update-02.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8174

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8174

RFC 2119 specifies common key words that may be used in protocol
specifications.  This document aims to reduce ambiguity by
clarifying that only UPPERCASE usage of the key words have the
defined special meanings.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC