Subject: RFC 8165 on Design Considerations for Metadata Insertion

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 21:19:08 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8165

        Title:      Design Considerations for Metadata Insertion 
        Author:     T. Hardie
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 16405
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-hardie-privsec-metadata-insertion-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8165

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8165

The IAB published RFC 7624 in response to several revelations of
pervasive attacks on Internet communications.  This document
considers the implications of protocol designs that associate
metadata with encrypted flows.  In particular, it asserts that
designs that share metadata only by explicit actions at the host are
preferable to designs in which middleboxes insert metadata.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC