Subject: RFC 8038 on Exporting MIB Variables Using the IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX) Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 2 May 2017 18:33:09 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8038

        Title:      Exporting MIB Variables Using the 
                    IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX) Protocol 
        Author:     P. Aitken, Ed.,
                    B. Claise, 
                    S. B S,
                    C. McDowall,
                    J. Schoenwaelder
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      85
        Characters: 188626
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipfix-mib-variable-export-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8038

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8038

This document specifies a way to complement IP Flow Information
Export (IPFIX) Data Records with Management Information Base (MIB)
objects, avoiding the need to define new IPFIX Information Elements
for existing MIB objects that are already fully specified.

Two IPFIX Options Templates, as well as a method for creating IPFIX
Options Templates that are used to export the extra data required to
fully describe Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) MIB objects
in IPFIX, are specified herein.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC