Subject: Last Call: <draft-jones-cose-rsa-02.txt> (Using RSA Algorithms with COSE Messages) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2017 14:21:21 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Using RSA Algorithms with COSE Messages'
  <draft-jones-cose-rsa-02.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-06-15. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The CBOR Object Signing and Encryption (COSE) specification defines
   cryptographic message encodings using Concise Binary Object
   Representation (CBOR).  This specification defines algorithm
   encodings and representations enabling RSA algorithms to be used for
   COSE messages.  Encodings for the use of RSASSA-PSS signatures,
   RSAES-OAEP encryption, and RSA keys are specified.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jones-cose-rsa/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jones-cose-rsa/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.