Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-tp-aps-updates-03.txt> (Updates to MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) Linear Protection in Automatic Protection Switching (APS) Mode) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 May 2017 08:32:16 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document:
- 'Updates to MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) Linear Protection in
   Automatic Protection Switching (APS) Mode'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-tp-aps-updates-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-05-19. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document contains updates to MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP)
   linear protection in Automatic Protection Switching (APS) mode
   defined in RFC 7271.  The updates provide rules related to the
   initialization of the Protection State Coordination (PSC) Control
   Logic, in which the state machine resides, when operating in APS
   mode, and clarify some operation related to state transition table
   lookup.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-aps-updates/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-aps-updates/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.