Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-webpush-vapid-03.txt> (Voluntary Application Server Identification (VAPID) for Web Push) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2017 15:17:29 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Web-Based Push Notifications WG
(webpush) to consider the following document: - 'Voluntary Application Server
Identification (VAPID) for Web Push'
  <draft-ietf-webpush-vapid-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-07-03. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   An application server can use the method described to voluntarily
   identify itself to a push service.  This identification information
   can be used by the push service to attribute requests that are made
   by the same application server to a single entity.  An application
   server can include additional information that the operator of a push
   service can use to contact the operator of the application server.
   This identification information can be used to restrict the use of a
   push subscription a single application server.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-webpush-vapid/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-webpush-vapid/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.