Subject: Protocol Action: 'BGP Administrative Shutdown Communication' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-idr-shutdown-10.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 07:32:57 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'BGP Administrative Shutdown Communication'
  (draft-ietf-idr-shutdown-10.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-shutdown/

Technical Summary

   This document enhances the BGP Cease NOTIFICATION message
   "Administrative Shutdown" and "Administrative Reset" sub-codes for
   operators to transmit a short free form message to describe why a BGP
   session was shutdown or reset.  This document updates RFC 4486.

Working Group Summary

   WG consensus call was quiet compared to the adoption call. 
   The final discussion has operators and implementers agreeing to this work. 

Document Quality

   There are at least 7 Open Source implementations.

Personnel

   Document Shepherd: Susan Hares 
   AD: Alvaro Retana