Subject: Last Call: <draft-weis-gdoi-rekey-ack-05.txt> (GDOI GROUPKEY-PUSH Acknowledgement Message) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2017 13:59:00 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider the
following document: - 'GDOI GROUPKEY-PUSH Acknowledgement Message'
  <draft-weis-gdoi-rekey-ack-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-07-17. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Group Domain of Interpretation (GDOI) includes the ability for a
   Group Controller/Key Server (GCKS) to provide a set of current Group
   Member (GM) devices with additional security associations (e.g., to
   rekey expiring security associations).  This memo adds the ability of
   a GCKS to request the GM devices to return an acknowledgement of
   receipt of its rekey message, and specifies the acknowledgement
   method.

This draft references RFC2408 as GDOI continued its use of this RFC
when it was obsoleted by RFC5996 and subsequently RFC7296. This is an
intentional reference as explained in the shepherd report.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-weis-gdoi-rekey-ack/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-weis-gdoi-rekey-ack/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2217/