Subject: RFC 8167 on Bidirectional Remote Procedure Call on RPC-over-RDMA Transports

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2017 15:52:07 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8167

        Title:      Bidirectional Remote Procedure Call on 
                    RPC-over-RDMA Transports 
        Author:     C. Lever
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 30303
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-nfsv4-rpcrdma-bidirection-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8167

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8167

Minor versions of Network File System (NFS) version 4 newer than
minor version 0 work best when Remote Procedure Call (RPC) transports
can send RPC transactions in both directions on the same connection.
This document describes how RPC transport endpoints capable of Remote
Direct Memory Access (RDMA) convey RPCs in both directions on a
single connection.

This document is a product of the Network File System Version 4 Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC