Subject: RFC 8202 on IS-IS Multi-Instance

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 16:48:01 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8202

        Title:      IS-IS Multi-Instance 
        Author:     L. Ginsberg, 
                    S. Previdi,
                    W. Henderickx
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 35114
        Obsoletes:  RFC 6822

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-isis-mi-bis-03.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8202

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8202

This document describes a mechanism that allows a single router to
share one or more circuits among multiple Intermediate System to
Intermediate System (IS-IS) routing protocol instances.

Multiple instances allow the isolation of resources associated with
each instance.  Routers will form instance-specific adjacencies.
Each instance can support multiple topologies.  Each topology has a
unique Link State Database (LSDB).  Each Protocol Data Unit (PDU)
will contain a new Type-Length-Value (TLV) identifying the instance
and the topology (or topologies) to which the PDU belongs.

This document obsoletes RFC 6822.

This document is a product of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC