Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dnsop-sutld-ps-05.txt> (Special-Use Domain Names Problem Statement) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2017 13:17:55 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Domain Name System Operations WG
(dnsop) to consider the following document: - 'Special-Use Domain Names
Problem Statement'
  <draft-ietf-dnsop-sutld-ps-05.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-06-20. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Special-Use Domain Names IANA registry policy defined in RFC 6761
   has been shown through experience to present unanticipated
   challenges.  This memo presents a list, intended to be comprehensive,
   of the problems that have been identified.  In addition it reviews
   the history of Domain Names and summarizes current IETF publications
   and some publications from other organizations relating to Special-
   Use Domain Names.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-sutld-ps/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-sutld-ps/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.