Subject: Last Call: <draft-turner-est-extensions-08.txt> (EST Extensions) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2017 08:56:49 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider the
following document: - 'EST Extensions'
  <draft-turner-est-extensions-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-07-11. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The EST (Enrollment over Secure Transport) protocol defined a Well-
   Known URI (Uniform Resource Identifier): /.well-known/est.  EST also
   defined several path components that clients use for PKI (Public Key
   Infrastructure) services, namely certificate enrollment (e.g.,
   /simpleenroll).  In some sense, the services provided by the path
   components can be thought of as PKI management-related packages.
   There are additional PKI-related packages a client might need as well
   as other security-related packages, such as firmware, trust anchors,
   and symmetric, asymmetric, and encrypted keys.  This document also
   specifies the PAL (Package Availability List), which is an XML
   (Extensible Markup Language) file or JSON (Javascript Object
   Notation) object that clients use to retrieve packages available and
   authorized for them.  This document extends the EST server path
   components to provide these additional services.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-turner-est-extensions/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-turner-est-extensions/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc7193: The application/cms Media Type (Informational - IETF stream)
    rfc6268: Additional New ASN.1 Modules for the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) and the Public Key Infrastructure Using X.509 (PKIX) (Informational - IETF stream)
    rfc7292: PKCS #12: Personal Information Exchange Syntax v1.1 (Informational - IETF stream)
    rfc5967: The application/pkcs10 Media Type (Informational - IETF stream)