Subject: RFC 8171 on Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links (TRILL): Edge Directory Assistance Mechanisms

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 07:00:33 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8171

        Title:      Transparent Interconnection of Lots of 
                    Links (TRILL): Edge Directory Assistance Mechanisms 
        Author:     D. Eastlake 3rd, 
                    L. Dunbar,
                    R. Perlman, 
                    Y. Li
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2017 
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      55
        Characters: 130232
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-trill-directory-assist-mechanisms-12.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8171

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8171

This document describes mechanisms for providing directory service to
TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links) edge switches.
The directory information provided can be used in reducing
multi-destination traffic, particularly ARP / Neighbor Discovery (ND)
and unknown unicast flooding.  It can also be used to detect traffic
with forged source addresses.

This document is a product of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC