Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-trill-mtu-negotiation-05.txt> (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links (TRILL): MTU Negotiation) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 10:55:12 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Transparent Interconnection of Lots
of Links WG (trill) to consider the following document: - 'Transparent
Interconnection of Lots of Links (TRILL): MTU Negotiation'
  <draft-ietf-trill-mtu-negotiation-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-06-28. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The base IETF TRILL protocol has a TRILL campus-wide MTU feature,
   specified in RFC 6325 and RFC 7177, that assures that link state
   changes can be successfully flooded throughout the campus while being
   able to take advantage of a campus-wide capability to support jumbo
   packets. This document specifies recommended updates to that MTU
   feature to take advantage, for appropriate link-local packets, of
   link-local MTUs that exceed the TRILL campus MTU. In addition, it
   specifies an efficient algorithm for local MTU testing. This document
   updates RFC 6325, updates RFC 7177, and updates RFC 7780.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-mtu-negotiation/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-mtu-negotiation/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1799/