Subject: RFC 8184 on Dual-Homing Protection for MPLS and the MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) Pseudowires

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 12:38:10 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8184

        Title:      Dual-Homing Protection for MPLS and 
                    the MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) Pseudowires 
        Author:     W. Cheng, 
                    L. Wang,
                    H. Li, 
                    S. Davari,
                    J. Dong
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 24298
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pals-mpls-tp-dual-homing-protection-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8184

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8184

This document describes a framework and several scenarios for a
pseudowire (PW) dual-homing local protection mechanism that avoids
unnecessary switchovers and does not depend on whether a control
plane is used.  A Dual-Node Interconnection (DNI) PW is used to carry
traffic between the dual-homing Provider Edge (PE) nodes when a
failure occurs in one of the Attachment Circuits (AC) or PWs.  This
PW dual-homing local protection mechanism is complementary to
existing PW protection mechanisms.

This document is a product of the Pseudowire And LDP-enabled Services Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC