Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-precis-7613bis-07.txt> (Preparation, Enforcement, and Comparison of Internationalized Strings Representing Usernames and Passwords) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2017 15:16:17 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Preparation and Comparison of
Internationalized Strings WG (precis) to consider the following document: -
'Preparation, Enforcement, and Comparison of Internationalized Strings
   Representing Usernames and Passwords'
  <draft-ietf-precis-7613bis-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-06-27. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes updated methods for handling Unicode strings
   representing usernames and passwords.  The previous approach was
   known as SASLprep (RFC 4013) and was based on stringprep (RFC 3454).
   The methods specified in this document provide a more sustainable
   approach to the handling of internationalized usernames and
   passwords.  The preparation, enforcement, and comparison of
   internationalized strings (PRECIS) framework, RFC 7564, obsoletes RFC
   3454, and this document obsoletes RFC 7613.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-precis-7613bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-precis-7613bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.