Subject: RFC 8195 on Use of BGP Large Communities

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2017 15:52:23 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8195

        Title:      Use of BGP Large Communities 
        Author:     J. Snijders, 
                    J. Heasley,
                    M. Schmidt
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 33281
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-grow-large-communities-usage-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8195

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8195

This document presents examples and inspiration for operator
application of BGP Large Communities.  Based on operational
experience with BGP Communities, this document suggests logical
categories of BGP Large Communities and demonstrates an orderly
manner of organizing community values within them to achieve typical
goals in routing policy.  Any operator can consider using the
concepts presented as the basis for their own BGP Large Communities
repertoire.

This document is a product of the Global Routing Operations Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC