Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-spring-oam-usecase-06.txt> (A Scalable and Topology-Aware MPLS Dataplane Monitoring System) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 08:34:40 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Source Packet Routing in Networking
WG (spring) to consider the following document: - 'A Scalable and
Topology-Aware MPLS Dataplane Monitoring System'
  <draft-ietf-spring-oam-usecase-06.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-06-30. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes features of a path monitoring system and
   related use cases.  Segment based routing enables a scalable and
   simple method to monitor data plane liveliness of the complete set of
   paths belonging to a single domain.  The MPLS monitoring system adds
   features to the traditional MPLS ping and LSP path trace, in a very
   complementary way.  MPLS topology awareness reduces management and
   control plane involvement of OAM measurements while enabling new OAM
   features.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-spring-oam-usecase/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-spring-oam-usecase/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2314/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2406/