Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-httpbis-early-hints-03.txt> (An HTTP Status Code for Indicating Hints) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 09:59:32 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Hypertext Transfer Protocol WG
(httpbis) to consider the following document: - 'An HTTP Status Code for
Indicating Hints'
  <draft-ietf-httpbis-early-hints-03.txt> as Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-07-05. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo introduces an informational HTTP status code that can be
   used to convey hints that help a client make preparations for
   processing the final response.

Note to Readers

   Discussion of this draft takes place on the HTTP working group
   mailing list ([email-masked]), which is archived at
   https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-http-wg/ .

   Working Group information can be found at https://httpwg.github.io/ ;
   source code and issues list for this draft can be found at
   https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/labels/early-hints .

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-early-hints/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-early-hints/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.