Subject: Last Call: <draft-bormann-hybi-ws-wk-00.txt> (Well-known URIs for the WebSocket Protocol) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 10:24:01 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider the
following document: - 'Well-known URIs for the WebSocket Protocol'
  <draft-bormann-hybi-ws-wk-00.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-07-19. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   RFC 5785 defines a path prefix, "/.well-known/", that can be used by
   well-known URIs, specifically for the "http" and "https" URI schemes.
   The present memo formally updates RFC 6455, which defines the URI
   schemes defined for the WebSocket Protocol, to extend the use of
   these well-known URIs to those URI schemes.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bormann-hybi-ws-wk/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bormann-hybi-ws-wk/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.