Subject: RFC 8052 on Group Domain of Interpretation (GDOI) Protocol Support for IEC 62351 Security Services

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2017 11:17:58 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8052

        Title:      Group Domain of Interpretation (GDOI) 
                    Protocol Support for IEC 62351 Security 
                    Services 
        Author:     B. Weis, 
                    M. Seewald,
                    H. Falk
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 55005
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-weis-gdoi-iec62351-9-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8052

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8052

The IEC 61850 power utility automation family of standards describes
methods using Ethernet and IP for distributing control and data
frames within and between substations.  The IEC 61850-90-5 and IEC
62351-9 standards specify the use of the Group Domain of
Interpretation (GDOI) protocol (RFC 6407) to distribute security
transforms for some IEC 61850 security protocols.  This memo defines
GDOI payloads to support those security protocols.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC