Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-avtcore-aria-srtp-09.txt> (The ARIA Algorithm and Its Use with the Secure Real-time Transport Protocol(SRTP)) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 15:26:11 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Audio/Video Transport Core
Maintenance WG (avtcore) to consider the following document: - 'The ARIA
Algorithm and Its Use with the Secure Real-time Transport
   Protocol(SRTP)'
  <draft-ietf-avtcore-aria-srtp-09.txt> as Informational RFC

A previous version of this draft was last-called as a proposed standard.
Due to last call an IESG feedback, the working group made the following
changes:
  -- Changed status to informational
  -- Removed the registrations for SDP security descriptions.
  -- Removed the short authentication tag (GCM_8) modes
  -- Some tweaks on key lifetimes

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-06-29. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines the use of the ARIA block cipher algorithm
   within the Secure Real-time Transport Protocol (SRTP).  It details
   two modes of operation (CTR, GCM) and a SRTP Key Derivation Function
   for ARIA.  Additionally, this document defines DTLS-SRTP protection
   profiles and MIKEY parameter sets for the use with ARIA.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-aria-srtp/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-aria-srtp/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.