Subject: RFC 8186 on Support of the IEEE 1588 Timestamp Format in a Two-Way Active Measurement Protocol (TWAMP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2017 15:05:11 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8186

        Title:      Support of the IEEE 1588 Timestamp Format 
                    in a Two-Way Active Measurement Protocol (TWAMP) 
        Author:     G. Mirsky,
                    I. Meilik
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 17818
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ippm-twamp-time-format-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8186

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8186

This document describes an OPTIONAL feature for active performance
measurement protocols that allows use of the Precision Time Protocol
timestamp format defined in IEEE 1588v2, as an alternative to
the Network Time Protocol that is currently used.

This document is a product of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC