Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-rfc3107bis-02.txt> (Using BGP to Bind MPLS Labels to Address Prefixes) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 09:05:01 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document: - 'Using BGP to Bind MPLS Labels
to Address Prefixes'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-rfc3107bis-02.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-07-12. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies a set of procedures for using BGP to
   advertise that a specified router has bound a specified MPLS label
   (or a specified sequence of MPLS labels, organized as a contiguous
   part of a label stack) to a specified address prefix.  This can be
   done by sending a BGP UPDATE message whose Network Layer Reachability
   Information field contains both the prefix and the MPLS label(s), and
   whose Next Hop field identifies the node at which said prefix is
   bound to said label(s).  This document obsoletes RFC 3107.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-rfc3107bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-rfc3107bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.