Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-validation-reconsidered-08.txt> (RPKI Validation Reconsidered) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2017 12:33:03 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Secure Inter-Domain Routing WG
(sidr) to consider the following document: - 'RPKI Validation Reconsidered'
  <draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-validation-reconsidered-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-08-15. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies an alternative to the certificate validation
   procedure specified in RFC 6487 that reduces aspects of operational
   fragility in the management of certificates in the RPKI, while
   retaining essential security features.

   The use of this updated procedure is signaled by form of a set of
   alternative Object Identifiers (OIDs) indicating that the alternative
   version of RFC 3779 X.509 Extensions for IP Addresses and AS
   Identifiers, and certificate policy for the Resource Public Key
   Infrastructure (RFC 6484) defined in this document should be used.

   Furthermore this document provides an alternative to ROA (RFC 6482),
   and BGPSec Router Certificate (BGPSec PKI Profiles - publication
   requested) validation.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-validation-reconsidered/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-validation-reconsidered/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.