Subject: RFC 8182 on The RPKI Repository Delta Protocol (RRDP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2017 14:30:21 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8182

        Title:      The RPKI Repository Delta Protocol (RRDP) 
        Author:     T. Bruijnzeels,
                    O. Muravskiy,
                    B. Weber,
                    R. Austein
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      24
        Characters: 52486
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sidr-delta-protocol-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8182

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8182

In the Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI), Certificate
Authorities (CAs) publish certificates, including end-entity
certificates, Certificate Revocation Lists (CRLs), and RPKI signed
objects to repositories.  Relying Parties retrieve the published
information from those repositories.  This document specifies a new
RPKI Repository Delta Protocol (RRDP) for this purpose.  RRDP was
specifically designed for scaling.  It relies on an Update
Notification File which lists the current Snapshot and Delta Files
that can be retrieved using HTTPS (HTTP over Transport Layer Security
(TLS)), and it enables the use of Content Distribution Networks
(CDNs) or other caching infrastructures for the retrieval of these
files.

This document is a product of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC