Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-webpush-encryption-08.txt> (Message Encryption for Web Push) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 11:38:13 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Web-Based Push Notifications WG
(webpush) to consider the following document: - 'Message Encryption for Web
Push'
  <draft-ietf-webpush-encryption-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-08-01. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   A message encryption scheme is described for the Web Push protocol.
   This scheme provides confidentiality and integrity for messages sent
   from an Application Server to a User Agent.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-webpush-encryption/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-webpush-encryption/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.