Subject: RFC 8197 on A SIP Response Code for Unwanted Calls

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2017 17:28:07 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8197

        Title:      A SIP Response Code for 
                    Unwanted Calls 
        Author:     H. Schulzrinne
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 19114
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sipcore-status-unwanted-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8197

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8197

This document defines the 607 (Unwanted) SIP response code, allowing
called parties to indicate that the call or message was unwanted.
SIP entities may use this information to adjust how future calls from
this calling party are handled for the called party or more broadly.

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Protocol Core Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC