Subject: RFC 8203 on BGP Administrative Shutdown Communication

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2017 19:20:14 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8203

        Title:      BGP Administrative Shutdown Communication 
        Author:     J. Snijders,
                    J. Heitz,
                    J. Scudder
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 12532
        Updates:    RFC 4486

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-idr-shutdown-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8203

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8203

This document enhances the BGP Cease NOTIFICATION message
"Administrative Shutdown" and "Administrative Reset" subcodes for
operators to transmit a short freeform message to describe why a BGP
session was shutdown or reset.  This document updates RFC 4486.

This document is a product of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC