Subject: RFC 8196 on IS-IS Autoconfiguration

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2017 17:27:48 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8196

        Title:      IS-IS Autoconfiguration 
        Author:     B. Liu, Ed.,
                    L. Ginsberg,
                    B. Decraene,
                    I. Farrer, 
                    M. Abrahamsson
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 28839
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-isis-auto-conf-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8196

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8196

This document specifies IS-IS autoconfiguration mechanisms.  The key
components are IS-IS System ID self-generation, duplication
detection, and duplication resolution.  These mechanisms provide
limited IS-IS functions and are therefore suitable for networks where
plug-and-play configuration is expected.

This document is a product of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC