Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-httpbis-immutable-03.txt> (HTTP Immutable Responses) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2017 12:49:12 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Hypertext Transfer Protocol WG
(httpbis) to consider the following document: - 'HTTP Immutable Responses'
  <draft-ietf-httpbis-immutable-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-07-18. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The immutable HTTP response Cache-Control extension allows servers to
   identify resources that will not be updated during their freshness
   lifetime.  This assures that a client never needs to revalidate a
   cached fresh resource to be certain it has not been modified.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-immutable/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-immutable/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.