Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mmusic-dtls-sdp-26.txt> (Using the SDP Offer/Answer Mechanism for DTLS) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2017 16:28:44 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiparty Multimedia Session
Control WG (mmusic) to consider the following document: - 'Using the SDP
Offer/Answer Mechanism for DTLS'
  <draft-ietf-mmusic-dtls-sdp-26.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-07-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Version 22 of this document was previously last called. The last call is 
being repeated due to material changes made by the working group
since that previous last call.  Please see section 14 for details.

Abstract

   This document defines the SDP offer/answer procedures for negotiating
   and establishing a DTLS association.  The document also defines the
   criteria for when a new DTLS association must be established.  The
   document updates RFC 5763 and RFC 7345, by replacing common SDP
   offer/answer procedures with a reference to this specification.

   This document defines a new SDP media-level attribute, 'tls-id'.

   This document also defines how the 'tls-id' attribute can be used for
   negotiating and establishing a TLS connection, in conjunction with
   the procedures in RFC 4145 and RFC 8122.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-dtls-sdp/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-dtls-sdp/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.