Subject: Protocol Action: 'Using RSA Algorithms with COSE Messages' to Proposed Standard (draft-jones-cose-rsa-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2017 06:55:41 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Using RSA Algorithms with COSE Messages'
  (draft-jones-cose-rsa-05.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an IETF
Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Kathleen Moriarty.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jones-cose-rsa/

Technical Summary

   The CBOR Object Signing and Encryption (COSE) specification defines
   cryptographic message encodings using Concise Binary Object
   Representation (CBOR).  This specification defines algorithm
   encodings and representations enabling RSA algorithms to be used for
   COSE messages.  Encodings for the use of RSASSA-PSS signatures,
   RSAES-OAEP encryption, and RSA keys are specified.

Working Group Summary

  This is an AD sponsored draft as the WG felt it was not important to 
  keep the WG open for this draft, however there was sufficient support
  to have this progress as AD sponsored.  This will be used by
  W3C WebAuth and the FIDO alliance.

Document Quality

  There are implementations and planned use.  I have no concerns
  with document quality.  

Personnel

Rich Salz is the shepherd, Kathleen Moriarty is the responsible AD.

IANA Note

  Entries are added to three registries by this draft:
   COSE Algorithms Registry
   COSE Key Type Registry
   COSE Key Type Parameters Registry