Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-curdle-cms-eddsa-signatures-06.txt> (Use of EdDSA Signatures in the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 06:36:32 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the CURves, Deprecating and a Little
more Encryption WG (curdle) to consider the following document: - 'Use of
EdDSA Signatures in the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)'
  <draft-ietf-curdle-cms-eddsa-signatures-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-07-25. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies the conventions for using Edwards-curve
   Digital Signature Algorithm (EdDSA) for curve25519 and curve448 in
   the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS).  For each curve, EdDSA
   defines the PureEdDSA and HashEdDSA modes.  However, the HashEdDSA
   mode is not used with the CMS.  In addition, no context string is
   used with the CMS.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-curdle-cms-eddsa-signatures/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-curdle-cms-eddsa-signatures/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.