Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-lamps-rfc5280-i18n-update-02.txt> (Internationalization Updates to RFC 5280) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 07:18:20 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Limited Additional Mechanisms for
PKIX and SMIME WG (lamps) to consider the following document: -
'Internationalization Updates to RFC 5280'
  <draft-ietf-lamps-rfc5280-i18n-update-02.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-07-25. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   These updates to RFC 5280 provide clarity on the handling of
   Internationalized Domain Names (IDNs) and Internationalized Email
   Addresses in X.509 Certificates.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lamps-rfc5280-i18n-update/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lamps-rfc5280-i18n-update/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.