Subject: Protocol Action: 'Use of the Elliptic Curve Diffie-Hellman Key Agreement Algorithm with X25519 and X448 in the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-curdle-cms-ecdh-new-curves-09.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2017 09:30:31 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Use of the Elliptic Curve Diffie-Hellman Key Agreement Algorithm with
   X25519 and X448 in the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)'
  (draft-ietf-curdle-cms-ecdh-new-curves-09.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the CURves, Deprecating and a Little more
Encryption Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Kathleen Moriarty and Eric Rescorla.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-curdle-cms-ecdh-new-curves/

Technical Summary

This document describes the conventions for using Elliptic Curve
   Diffie-Hellman (ECDH) key agreement algorithm using curve25519 and
   curve448 in the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS).

Working Group Summary

The document had two reviews on the mailing list (including Jim Schaad). The author
 mentions in its acknowledgment feed backs from Stefan Santesson, Sean Turner. 
There is significant confidence the document is mature and ready to be sent to the IESG.  
None object the the draft and only nits have been raised.    

Document Quality
   
Jim Schaad provided a thorough review of the draft.

Personnel
Daniel Migault is the document shepherd and Eric Rescorla is the Security Area AD.