Subject: Protocol Action: 'Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links (TRILL): MTU Negotiation' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-trill-mtu-negotiation-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2017 10:55:31 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links (TRILL): MTU Negotiation'
  (draft-ietf-trill-mtu-negotiation-08.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of
Links Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-mtu-negotiation/

Technical Summary

   The base IETF TRILL protocol has a TRILL campus-wide MTU feature,
   specified in RFC 6325 and RFC 7177, that assures that link state
   changes can be successfully flooded throughout the campus while being
   able to take advantage of a campus-wide capability to support jumbo
   packets. This document specifies recommended updates to that MTU
   feature to take advantage, for appropriate link-local packets, of
   link-local MTUs that exceed the TRILL campus MTU. In addition, it
   specifies an efficient algorithm for local MTU testing. This document
   updates RFC 6325, updates RFC 7177, and updates RFC 7780.

Working Group Summary

    WG consensus was reasonable. 

Document Quality
   Shepherd's review and RTG-DIR review

Personnel

Shepherd: Susan Hares
AD: Alia Atlas