Subject: Last Call: <draft-kille-ldap-xmpp-schema-01.txt> (LDAP Schema for supporting XMPP in White Pages) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2017 11:36:19 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider the
following document: - 'LDAP Schema for supporting XMPP in White Pages'
  <draft-kille-ldap-xmpp-schema-01.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-09-27. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP) identifies
   users by use of JID (Jabber IDs).  Lightweight Directory Access
   Protocol (LDAP) enables provision of a white pages service with
   schema relating to users and support for internet protocols.  This
   specification defines schema to enable XMPP JIDs to be associated
   with objects in an LDAP directory so that this information can be
   used with white pages applications.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kille-ldap-xmpp-schema/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kille-ldap-xmpp-schema/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.