Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-sfc-nsh-18.txt> (Network Service Header (NSH)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2017 16:05:40 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Service Function Chaining WG (sfc)
to consider the following document: - 'Network Service Header (NSH)'
  <draft-ietf-sfc-nsh-18.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-08-25. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes a Network Service Header (NSH) inserted onto
   packets or frames to realize service function paths.  NSH also
   provides a mechanism for metadata exchange along the instantiated
   service paths.  NSH is the SFC encapsulation required to support the
   Service Function Chaining (SFC) architecture (defined in RFC7665).

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sfc-nsh/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sfc-nsh/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2905/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2545/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2108/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2547/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2735/

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc7665: Service Function Chaining (SFC) Architecture (Informational - IETF stream)
    draft-quinn-sfc-nsh: Network Service Header (None - )