Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-pals-p2mp-pw-03.txt> (Signaling Root-Initiated Point-to-Multipoint Pseudowire using LDP) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2017 12:04:24 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Pseudowire And LDP-enabled Services
WG (pals) to consider the following document: - 'Signaling Root-Initiated
Point-to-Multipoint Pseudowire using LDP'
  <draft-ietf-pals-p2mp-pw-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-08-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies a mechanism to signal Point-to-Multipoint
   (P2MP) Pseudowires (PW) tree using LDP. Such a mechanism is suitable
   for any Layer 2 VPN service requiring P2MP connectivity over an IP or
   MPLS enabled PSN. A P2MP PW established via the proposed mechanism is
   root initiated. This document updates RFC7385 by re-assigning
   reserved value 0xFF to be the wildcard transport tunnel type.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pals-p2mp-pw/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pals-p2mp-pw/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.