Subject: Document Action: Using The ISSN (International Serial Standard Number) as URN (Uniform Resource Names) within an ISSN-URN Namespace to Historic

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2017 09:32:47 -0700

The IESG has approved changing the status of the following document:
- Using The ISSN (International Serial Standard Number) as URN (Uniform
Resource Names) within an ISSN-URN Namespace
  (rfc3044) to Historic

This document action is documented at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/status-change-rfc3044-rfc3187-orig-urn-regs-to-historic/

A URL of the affected document is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc3044/

Status Change Details:

As detailed in draft-ietf-urnbis-ns-reg-transition, registration templates
for URN namespaces for ISSNs [RFC3044] and ISBNs [RFC3187] were updated in
the IANA's URN Namespace registry using the updated registration procedure
specified in RFC 8141. In order to avoid confusion about which registration
templates are current, URNBIS WG has requested to move RFC 3044 and RFC 3187
to Historic.

Personnel

   Alexey Melnikov is the responsible Area Director.