Subject: RFC 8218 on Multipath Extension for the Optimized Link State Routing Protocol Version 2 (OLSRv2)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 11:18:51 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8218

        Title:      Multipath Extension for the Optimized 
                    Link State Routing Protocol Version 2 
                    (OLSRv2) 
        Author:     J. Yi, 
                    B. Parrein
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      26
        Characters: 56286
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-multipath-15.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8218

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8218

This document specifies a multipath extension for the Optimized Link
State Routing Protocol version 2 (OLSRv2) to discover multiple
disjoint paths for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks (MANETs).  Considering the
characteristics of MANETs, especially the dynamic network topology,
using multiple paths can increase aggregated throughput and improve
the reliability by avoiding single route failures.  The
interoperability with OLSRv2 is retained.

This document is a product of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC