Subject: Protocol Action: 'Allowing Inheritable NFSv4 Access Control Entries to Override the Umask' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-nfsv4-umask-04.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2017 16:49:04 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Allowing Inheritable NFSv4 Access Control Entries to Override the
   Umask'
  (draft-ietf-nfsv4-umask-04.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Network File System Version 4 Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Mirja Kühlewind and Spencer Dawkins.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-umask/

Technical Summary

   In many important environments, inheritable NFSv4 ACLs can be
   rendered ineffective by the application of the per-process umask.
   This can be addressed by transmitting the umask and create mode as
   separate pieces of data, allowing the server to make more intelligent
   decisions about the permissions to set on new files.  This document
   proposes a protocol extension which accomplishes that.

Working Group Summary

   The working group has been supportive of this work with little to no
   contention over the approach and resultant content.

Document Quality

   The quality of this document is high and is ready to move forward.

Personnel

  Document Shepherd: Spencer Shepler
  Area Director: Spencer Dawkins