Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-ospf-encapsulation-cap-06.txt> (Advertising Tunneling Capability in OSPF) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2017 09:15:46 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Open Shortest Path First IGP WG
(ospf) to consider the following document: - 'Advertising Tunneling
Capability in OSPF'
  <draft-ietf-ospf-encapsulation-cap-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-08-28. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Networks use tunnels for a variety of reasons.  A large variety of
   tunnel types are defined and the ingress needs to select a type of
   tunnel which is supported by the egress and itself.  This document
   defines how to advertise egress tunnel capabilities in OSPF Router
   Information Link State Advertisement (LSAs).

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-encapsulation-cap/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-encapsulation-cap/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    draft-ietf-idr-tunnel-encaps: The BGP Tunnel Encapsulation Attribute (None - IETF stream)