Subject: RFC 8238 on Data Center Benchmarking Terminology

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2017 15:17:07 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8238

        Title:      Data Center Benchmarking Terminology 
        Author:     L. Avramov,
                    J. Rapp
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 39128
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-bmwg-dcbench-terminology-19.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8238

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8238

The purposes of this informational document are to establish
definitions and describe measurement techniques for data center
benchmarking, as well as to introduce new terminology applicable to
performance evaluations of data center network equipment.  This
document establishes the important concepts for benchmarking network
switches and routers in the data center and is a prerequisite for the
test methodology document (RFC 8239).  Many of these terms and
methods may be applicable to network equipment beyond the scope of
this document as the technologies originally applied in the data
center are deployed elsewhere.

This document is a product of the Benchmarking Methodology Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC