Subject: Protocol Action: 'Definition of P2MP PW TLV for LSP-Ping Mechanisms' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-pals-p2mp-pw-lsp-ping-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 14:39:44 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Definition of P2MP PW TLV for LSP-Ping Mechanisms'
  (draft-ietf-pals-p2mp-pw-lsp-ping-05.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Pseudowire And LDP-enabled Services
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pals-p2mp-pw-lsp-ping/

Technical Summary

LSP Ping is a widely deployed Operations, Administration, and
Maintenance (OAM) mechanism in MPLS networks. This document
describes a mechanism to verify connectivity of Point-to-Multipoint
(P2MP) Pseudowires (PW) using LSP Ping.

Working Group Summary

 There was nothing special in the WG process worth noting. 

Document Quality

This is a short draft that received several good reviews and comments
along its path (see the acknowledgements section for the comment
sources), and also a Routing Directorate review. It has not yet been
implemented (to my knowledge), but there is at least one
implementation planned.

Personnel

   Who is the Document Shepherd for this document?  Andy Malis
   Who is the Responsible Area Director?  Deborah Brungard