Subject: RFC 8214 on Virtual Private Wire Service Support in Ethernet VPN

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2017 13:29:27 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8214

        Title:      Virtual Private Wire Service Support 
                    in Ethernet VPN 
        Author:     S. Boutros, 
                    A. Sajassi,
                    S. Salam,
                    J. Drake,
                    J. Rabadan
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 34563
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-bess-evpn-vpws-14.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8214

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8214

This document describes how Ethernet VPN (EVPN) can be used to
support the Virtual Private Wire Service (VPWS) in MPLS/IP networks.
EVPN accomplishes the following for VPWS: provides Single-Active as
well as All-Active multihoming with flow-based load-balancing,
eliminates the need for Pseudowire (PW) signaling, and provides fast
protection convergence upon node or link failure.

This document is a product of the BGP Enabled Services Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC