Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-curdle-rsa-sha2-10.txt> (Use of RSA Keys with SHA-2 256 and 512 in Secure Shell (SSH)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2017 08:06:52 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the CURves, Deprecating and a Little
more Encryption WG (curdle) to consider the following document: - 'Use of RSA
Keys with SHA-2 256 and 512 in Secure Shell (SSH)'
  <draft-ietf-curdle-rsa-sha2-10.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-09-11. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

  This memo updates RFC 4252 and RFC 4253 to define new public key
  algorithms for use of RSA keys with SHA-2 hashing for server and
  client authentication in SSH connections.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-curdle-rsa-sha2/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-curdle-rsa-sha2/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.