Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mile-iodef-guidance-10.txt> (IODEF Usage Guidance) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2017 14:05:44 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Managed Incident Lightweight
Exchange WG (mile) to consider the following document: - 'IODEF Usage
Guidance'
  <draft-ietf-mile-iodef-guidance-10.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-08-25. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Incident Object Description Exchange Format v2 [RFC7970] defines
   a data representation that provides a framework for sharing
   information commonly exchanged by Computer Security Incident Response
   Teams (CSIRTs) about computer security incidents.  Since the IODEF
   model includes a wealth of available options that can be used to
   describe a security incident or issue, it can be challenging for
   security practitioners to develop tools that can leverage IODEF for
   incident sharing.  This document provides guidelines for IODEF
   implementers.  It also addresses how common security indicators can
   be represented in IODEF and use-cases of how IODEF is being used.
   This document aims to make IODEF's adoption by vendors easier and
   encourage faster and wider adoption of the model by Computer Security
   Incident Response Teams (CSIRTs) around the world.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mile-iodef-guidance/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mile-iodef-guidance/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.