Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dnssd-hybrid-07.txt> (Discovery Proxy for Multicast DNS-Based Service Discovery) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2017 06:25:06 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Extensions for Scalable DNS Service
Discovery  WG (dnssd) to consider the following document: - 'Discovery Proxy
for Multicast DNS-Based Service Discovery'
  <draft-ietf-dnssd-hybrid-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-10-12. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies a mechanism that uses Multicast DNS to
   automatically populate the wide-area unicast Domain Name System
   namespace with records describing devices and services found on the
   local link.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnssd-hybrid/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnssd-hybrid/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2119/