Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-uta-email-deep-09.txt> (Cleartext Considered Obsolete: Use of TLS for Email Submission and Access) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2017 08:54:04 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Using TLS in Applications WG (uta)
to consider the following document: - 'Cleartext Considered Obsolete: Use of
TLS for Email Submission and
   Access'
  <draft-ietf-uta-email-deep-09.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-10-13. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This specification outlines current recommendations for use of
   Transport Layer Security (TLS) to provide confidentiality of email
   traffic between a mail user agent (MUA) and a mail submission or mail
   access server.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-uta-email-deep/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-uta-email-deep/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.