Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-sunset4-ipv6-ietf-01.txt> (IETF: End Work on IPv4) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2017 06:26:22 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Sunsetting IPv4 WG (sunset4) to
consider the following document: - 'IETF: End Work on IPv4'
  <draft-ietf-sunset4-ipv6-ietf-01.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-10-12. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The IETF will stop working on IPv4, except where needed to mitigate
   documented security issues, to facilitate the transition to IPv6, or
   to enable IPv4 decommissioning.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sunset4-ipv6-ietf/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sunset4-ipv6-ietf/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    draft-george-ipv6-support: IPv6 Support Within IETF work (None - )