Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-tsvwg-ieee-802-11-09.txt> (Diffserv to IEEE 802.11 Mapping) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2017 09:29:39 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Transport Area Working Group WG
(tsvwg) to consider the following document: - 'Diffserv to IEEE 802.11
Mapping'
  <draft-ietf-tsvwg-ieee-802-11-09.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-10-09. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   As internet traffic is increasingly sourced-from and destined-to
   wireless endpoints, it is crucial that Quality of Service be aligned
   between wired and wireless networks; however, this is not always the
   case by default.  This document specifies a set of Differentiated
   Services Code Point (DSCP) to IEEE 802.11 User Priority (UP) mappings
   to reconcile the marking recommendations offered by the IETF and the
   IEEE so as to maintain consistent QoS treatment between wired and
   IEEE 802.11 wireless networks.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-ieee-802-11/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-ieee-802-11/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc4594: Configuration Guidelines for DiffServ Service Classes (Informational - IETF stream)
    rfc3662: A Lower Effort Per-Domain Behavior (PDB) for Differentiated Services (Informational - Independent Submission Editor stream)