Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-v6ops-rfc6555bis-05.txt> (Happy Eyeballs Version 2: Better Connectivity Using Concurrency) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 07:39:55 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Operations WG (v6ops) to
consider the following document: - 'Happy Eyeballs Version 2: Better
Connectivity Using Concurrency'
  <draft-ietf-v6ops-rfc6555bis-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-09-26. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Many communication protocols operated over the modern Internet use
   host names.  These often resolve to multiple IP addresses, each of
   which may have different performance and connectivity
   characteristics.  Since specific addresses or address families (IPv4
   or IPv6) may be blocked, broken, or sub-optimal on a network, clients
   that attempt multiple connections in parallel have a higher chance of
   establishing a connection sooner.  This document specifies
   requirements for algorithms that reduce this user-visible delay and
   provides an example algorithm.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-rfc6555bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-rfc6555bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.