Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-grow-bgp-gshut-11.txt> (Graceful BGP session shutdown) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2017 10:04:30 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Global Routing Operations WG (grow)
to consider the following document: - 'Graceful BGP session shutdown'
  <draft-ietf-grow-bgp-gshut-11.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-10-11. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This draft standardizes a new well-known BGP community
   GRACEFUL_SHUTDOWN to signal the graceful shutdown of paths.  This
   draft also describes operational procedures which use this community
   to reduce the amount of traffic lost when BGP peering sessions are
   about to be shut down deliberately, e.g. for planned maintenance.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-grow-bgp-gshut/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-grow-bgp-gshut/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.