Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-teas-rsvp-te-scaling-rec-06.txt> (Implementation Recommendations to Improve the Scalability of RSVP-TE Deployments) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2017 10:45:05 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Traffic Engineering Architecture and
Signaling WG (teas) to consider the following document: - 'Implementation
Recommendations to Improve the Scalability of RSVP-TE
   Deployments'
  <draft-ietf-teas-rsvp-te-scaling-rec-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-09-22. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The scale at which RSVP-TE Label Switched Paths (LSPs) get deployed
   is growing continually and the onus is on RSVP-TE implementations
   across the board to keep up with this increasing demand.

   This document introduces a couple of techniques - "Refresh-Interval
   Independent RSVP (RI-RSVP)" and "Per-Peer Flow-Control" - to help
   RSVP-TE deployments push the envelope on scaling.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-rsvp-te-scaling-rec/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-rsvp-te-scaling-rec/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2643/