Subject: RFC 8235 on Schnorr Non-interactive Zero-Knowledge Proof

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2017 10:02:56 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8235

        Title:      Schnorr Non-interactive Zero-Knowledge Proof 
        Author:     F. Hao, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       September 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 27481
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-hao-schnorr-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8235

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8235

This document describes the Schnorr non-interactive zero-knowledge
(NIZK) proof, a non-interactive variant of the three-pass Schnorr
identification scheme.  The Schnorr NIZK proof allows one to prove
the knowledge of a discrete logarithm without leaking any information
about its value.  It can serve as a useful building block for many
cryptographic protocols to ensure that participants follow the
protocol specification honestly.  This document specifies the Schnorr
NIZK proof in both the finite field and the elliptic curve settings.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC