Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-curdle-pkix-06.txt> (Algorithm Identifiers for Ed25519, Ed448, X25519 and X448 for use in the Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure) to Internet Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2017 09:27:34 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the CURves, Deprecating and a Little
more Encryption WG (curdle) to consider the following document: - 'Algorithm
Identifiers for Ed25519, Ed448, X25519 and X448 for use in
   the Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure'
  <draft-ietf-curdle-pkix-06.txt> as Internet Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-10-09. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies algorithm identifiers and ASN.1 encoding
   formats for Elliptic Curve constructs using the curve25519 and
   curve448 curves.  The signature algorithms covered are Ed25519 and
   Ed448.  The key agreement algorithm covered are X25519 and X448.  The
   encoding for Public Key, Private Key and EdDSA digital signature
   structures is provided.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-curdle-pkix/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-curdle-pkix/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc5480: Elliptic Curve Cryptography Subject Public Key Information (Proposed Standard - IETF stream)