Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-spring-lsp-ping-09.txt> (Label Switched Path (LSP) Ping/Traceroute for Segment Routing IGP Prefix and Adjacency SIDs with MPLS Data-plane) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2017 10:12:19 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document: - 'Label Switched Path (LSP)
Ping/Traceroute for Segment Routing IGP
   Prefix and Adjacency SIDs with MPLS Data-plane'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-spring-lsp-ping-09.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-10-06. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   A Segment Routing architecture leverages source routing and tunneling
   paradigms and can be directly applied to use of a Multi Protocol
   Label Switching (MPLS) data plane.  A node steers a packet through a
   controlled set of instructions called segments, by prepending the
   packet with a Segment Routing header.

   The segment assignment and forwarding semantic nature of Segment
   Routing raises additional consideration for connectivity verification
   and fault isolation for an LSP within a Segment Routing architecture.
   This document illustrates the problem and defines extensions to
   perform LSP Ping and Traceroute for a Segment Routing network with a
   MPLS data plane.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-spring-lsp-ping/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-spring-lsp-ping/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.