Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-lamps-eai-addresses-15.txt> (Internationalized Email Addresses in X.509 certificates) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2017 09:25:01 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Limited Additional Mechanisms for
PKIX and SMIME WG (lamps) to consider the following document: -
'Internationalized Email Addresses in X.509 certificates'
  <draft-ietf-lamps-eai-addresses-15.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-10-09. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a new name form for inclusion in the otherName
   field of an X.509 Subject Alternative Name and Issuer Alternative
   Name extension that allows a certificate subject to be associated
   with an Internationalized Email Address.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lamps-eai-addresses/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lamps-eai-addresses/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    draft-housley-rfc5280-i18n-update: Internationalization Updates to RFC 5280 (None - )