Subject: RFC 8240 on Report from the Internet of Things Software Update (IoTSU) Workshop 2016

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2017 20:02:21 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8240

        Title:      Report from the Internet of 
                    Things Software Update (IoTSU) Workshop 2016 
        Author:     H. Tschofenig, 
                    S. Farrell
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IAB
        Date:       September 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      27
        Characters: 62562
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-iab-iotsu-workshop-01.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8240

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8240

This document provides a summary of the Internet of Things Software
Update (IoTSU) Workshop that took place at Trinity College Dublin,
Ireland on the 13th and 14th of June, 2016.  The main goal of the
workshop was to foster a discussion on requirements, challenges, and
solutions for bringing software and firmware updates to IoT devices.
This report summarizes the discussions and lists recommendations to
the standards community.

Note that this document is a report on the proceedings of the
workshop.  The views and positions documented in this report are
those of the workshop participants and do not necessarily reflect IAB
views and positions.

This document is a product of the Internet Architecture Board.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC