Subject: Protocol Action: 'Generalized Interface Switching Capability Descriptor - Switching Capability Specific Information' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-teas-gmpls-scsi-04.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2017 15:01:48 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Generalized Interface Switching Capability Descriptor - Switching
   Capability Specific Information'
  (draft-ietf-teas-gmpls-scsi-04.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Traffic Engineering Architecture and
Signaling Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-gmpls-scsi/

Technical Summary

 This document defines a generic information structure for information
carried in routing protocol Interface Switching Capability Descriptor
(ISCD) Switching Capability Specific Information (SCSI) fields.  This
"Generalized SCSI" can be used with routing protocols that define
GMPLS ISCDs, and any specific technology.  This document does not
modify an existing technology specific formats and is defined for use
in conjunction with new GMPLS Switching Capability types.

Working Group Summary

This document was put together to address comments that were raised
during Gen-ART review for draft-ietf-ccamp-ospf-availability-extension.
This document has been fairly noncontroversial. 

Document Quality

The base (G)MPLS routing protocols have been implemented. The generic 
protocol format discussed in this document is compatible with earlier 
implementations. The first document that would be using the format 
defined in this document is draft-ietf-ccamp-ospf-availability-extension. 
While there have been no public statements on implementation, the authors 
of draft-ietf-ccamp-ospf-availability-extension are from multiple vendors, 
and implementation is expected.

Personnel

   Who is the Document Shepherd for this document? Vishnu Pavan Beeram
   Who is the Responsible Area Director? Deborah Brungard