Subject: RFC 8231 on Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) Extensions for Stateful PCE

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2017 22:19:24 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8231

        Title:      Path Computation Element Communication Protocol 
                    (PCEP) Extensions for Stateful PCE 
        Author:     E. Crabbe, 
                    I. Minei,
                    J. Medved, 
                    R. Varga
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      57
        Characters: 128096
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pce-stateful-pce-21.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8231

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8231

The Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) provides
mechanisms for Path Computation Elements (PCEs) to perform path
computations in response to Path Computation Client (PCC) requests.

Although PCEP explicitly makes no assumptions regarding the
information available to the PCE, it also makes no provisions for PCE
control of timing and sequence of path computations within and across
PCEP sessions.  This document describes a set of extensions to PCEP to
enable stateful control of MPLS-TE and GMPLS Label Switched Paths
(LSPs) via PCEP.

This document is a product of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC