Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-anima-voucher-05.txt> (Voucher Profile for Bootstrapping Protocols) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2017 06:24:05 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Autonomic Networking Integrated
Model and Approach WG (anima) to consider the following document: - 'Voucher
Profile for Bootstrapping Protocols'
  <draft-ietf-anima-voucher-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-10-12. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a strategy to securely assign a pledge to an
   owner, using an artifact signed, directly or indirectly, by the
   pledge's manufacturer.  This artifact is known as a "voucher".

   The voucher artifact is a YANG-defined JSON document that has (by
   default) been signed using a PKCS#7 structure.  The voucher artifact
   is normally generated by the pledge's manufacturer or delegate (i.e.
   the Manufacturer Authorized Signing Authority).

   This document only defines the voucher artifact, leaving it to other
   documents to describe specialized protocols for accessing it.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-anima-voucher/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-anima-voucher/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.