Subject: RFC 8255 on Multiple Language Content Type

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 12:52:51 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8255

        Title:      Multiple Language Content Type 
        Author:     N. Tomkinson,
                    N. Borenstein
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 36982
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-slim-multilangcontent-14.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8255

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8255

This document defines the 'multipart/multilingual' content type,
which is an addition to the Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions
(MIME) standard.  This content type makes it possible to send one
message that contains multiple language versions of the same
information.  The translations would be identified by a language tag
and selected by the email client based on a user's language settings.

This document is a product of the Selection of Language for Internet Media Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC