Subject: Protocol Action: 'Label Switched Path (LSP) Ping/Traceroute for Segment Routing IGP Prefix and Adjacency SIDs with MPLS Data-plane' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-mpls-spring-lsp-ping-13.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2017 06:06:00 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Label Switched Path (LSP) Ping/Traceroute for Segment Routing IGP
   Prefix and Adjacency SIDs with MPLS Data-plane'
  (draft-ietf-mpls-spring-lsp-ping-13.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-spring-lsp-ping/

Technical Summary

The segment assignment and forwarding semantic nature of Segment
Routing raises additional consideration for connectivity verification
and fault isolation for an LSP within a Segment Routing architecture.
This document illustrates the problem and defines extensions to
perform LSP Ping and Traceroute for Segment Routing IGP Prefix and
Adjacency SIDs with a MPLS data plane.

This document specifies protocol and protocol information 
elements, it assigns IANA code points from registries and ranges
from Standards action is required. It also creates an IANA 
registry where Standards Action is the allocation policy for one
of the ranges. Code points are allocated from this range.

Working Group Summary

The working group is solidly behind this document.

Document Quality

We know of at least two implementations.
We have also started an implementation poll on the MPLS wg 
mailing list, as soon as further information is received we will
update the write-up.

No, Yang doctor, MIB doctor or other types of special reviews
are necessary. The working group last call was announced on the
SPRING wg mailing list.

Personnel

   Who is the Document Shepherd for this document? Loa Andersson
   Who is the Responsible Area Director? Deborah Brungard