Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-i2nsf-framework-08.txt> (Framework for Interface to Network Security Functions) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2017 06:39:41 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Interface to Network Security
Functions WG (i2nsf) to consider the following document: - 'Framework for
Interface to Network Security Functions'
  <draft-ietf-i2nsf-framework-08.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-10-25. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes the framework for the Interface to Network
   Security Functions (I2NSF), and defines a reference model (including
   major functional components) for I2NSF.  Network security functions
   (NSFs) are packet-processing engines that inspect and optionally
   modify packets traversing networks, either directly or in the context
   of sessions to which the packet is associated.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2nsf-framework/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2nsf-framework/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.