Subject: Protocol Action: 'The Tunnel Encapsulations OSPF Router Information' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-ospf-encapsulation-cap-09.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 09:30:03 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'The Tunnel Encapsulations OSPF Router Information'
  (draft-ietf-ospf-encapsulation-cap-09.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-encapsulation-cap/

Technical Summary

    This document specifies extensions to OSPF Router Informational
      (RI) to advertise multiple node tunnel capabilities and associated
      tunnel parameters (e.g., endpoint). These tunnel capabilities can
      then be used to determine whether an OSPF router can act as the 
      endpoint for a specific tunnel type (i.e., encapsulation). 

Working Group Summary

 There was concern that the document didn't satisfy a real 
      requirement and was unnecessary. Much of the debate transpired 
      in the IS-IS WG. Subsequently, consensus was reached on the 
      attendant use cases.  

Document Quality

  This document has been a WG document for more than 1 1/2 years
      and has been stable other than addressing minor comments.   I do not know of implementations.

Personnel

Acee Lindem is the Document Shepherd.
      Alia Atlas is the Responsible Area Director.