Subject: Corrected Announcement: Request for Proposal: RFC Format Tools

From: IETF Administrative Director <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2017 14:58:16 -0700

Correction: 
The previous announcement listed an incorrect email address for 
proposal submissions. Below is the corrected announcement.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The IETF Administrative Oversight Committee (IAOC), on behalf of the
RFC Editor, announces this Request for Proposals for the development
of a suite of tools to implement changes to the RFC format.  Bidders
may submit a proposal to develop the entire suite of tools or any
number of the tools. The successful bidder(s) will enter into a contract
with the Internet Society.

The RFC Editor plans to produce a canonical RFC document in XML
using the xm2rfc v3 grammar, and to publish the RFC in several
Publication Formats as defined in RFC 6949. This new process
requires new and updated tooling, including RFClint, SVGcheck,
XMLdiff. 

More specifically:

1.  RFClint

For a given input document, the application will help authors and 
the RFC Editor:
• Identify and optionally remove duplicate words
• Identify and optionally correct misspelled words
• Verify that imbedded XML stanzas are well formed
• Verify that imbedded ABNF is complete and well formed

See:  https://iaoc.ietf.org/documents/rfclint-SOW-04.pdf

2.  SVGcheck

The upcoming RFC format will allow line drawings in RFCs using a
specialized profile of the SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) language. 
The RFC Editor requires a tool to verify that submitted SVG is valid
and conforms to  specific profile.

See:  https://iaoc.ietf.org/documents/svgcheck-SOW-02.pdf

3.  XMLdiff

This project will create an application that operates on two xml2rfc
v3 source documents, producing a visual presentation of the
meaningful differences in the source.

See:  https://iaoc.ietf.org/documents/xmlDiff-SOW-03.pdf

The RFP can be found at: <https://iaoc.ietf.org/rfps.html>.

Proposals must be received via email at [email-masked] no
later than November 20, 2017.  All questions, inquiries must be
submitted by November 3, 2017.  Responses to questions and inquiries
shall be posted online at:  <https://iaoc.ietf.org/rfps.html> by
November 13, 2017.

Ray Pelletier
IETF Administrative Director