Subject: RFC 8189 on Multi-Cost Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 17:16:33 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8189

        Title:      Multi-Cost Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) 
        Author:     S. Randriamasy, 
                    W. Roome,
                    N. Schwan
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      29
        Characters: 57010
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-alto-multi-cost-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8189

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8189

The Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) protocol, specified
in RFC 7285, defines several services that return various metrics
describing the costs between network endpoints.

This document defines a new service that allows an ALTO Client to
retrieve several cost metrics in a single request for an ALTO
filtered cost map and endpoint cost map.  In addition, it extends the
constraints to further filter those maps by allowing an ALTO Client
to specify a logical combination of tests on several cost metrics.

This document is a product of the Application-Layer Traffic Optimization Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC