Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-opsawg-mud-13.txt> (Manufacturer Usage Description Specification) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 09:27:01 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Operations and Management Area
Working Group WG (opsawg) to consider the following document: - 'Manufacturer
Usage Description Specification'
  <draft-ietf-opsawg-mud-13.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-11-07. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo specifies a component-based architecture for manufacturer
   usage descriptions (MUD).  The goal of MUD is to provide a means for
   Things to signal to the network what sort of access and network
   functionality they require to properly function.  The initial focus
   is on access control.  Later work can delve into other aspects.

   This memo specifies two YANG modules, IPv4 and IPv6 DHCP options, an
   LLDP TLV, a URL suffix specification, an X.509 certificate extension
   and a means to sign and verify the descriptions.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-mud/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-mud/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2740/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2757/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2758/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2759/

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    draft-ietf-netmod-acl-model: Network Access Control List (ACL) YANG Data Model (None - IETF stream)