Subject: RFC 8288 on Web Linking

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 16:25:35 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8288

        Title:      Web Linking 
        Author:     M. Nottingham
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      24
        Characters: 50797
        Obsoletes:  RFC 5988

        I-D Tag:    draft-nottingham-rfc5988bis-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8288

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8288

This specification defines a model for the relationships between
resources on the Web ("links") and the type of those relationships
("link relation types").

It also defines the serialisation of such links in HTTP headers with
the Link header field.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC