Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-rmcat-scream-cc-11.txt> (Self-Clocked Rate Adaptation for Multimedia) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2017 07:22:19 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the RTP Media Congestion Avoidance
Techniques WG (rmcat) to consider the following document: - 'Self-Clocked
Rate Adaptation for Multimedia'
  <draft-ietf-rmcat-scream-cc-11.txt> as Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-10-23. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo describes a rate adaptation algorithm for conversational
   media services such as video.  The solution conforms to the packet
   conservation principle and uses a hybrid loss and delay based
   congestion control algorithm.  The algorithm is evaluated over both
   simulated Internet bottleneck scenarios as well as in a Long Term
   Evolution (LTE) system simulator and is shown to achieve both low
   latency and high video throughput in these scenarios.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rmcat-scream-cc/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rmcat-scream-cc/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2890/