Subject: Results of IETF-conflict review for draft-irtf-nmrg-location-ipfix-07

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2017 10:54:41 -0700

The IESG has completed a review of draft-irtf-nmrg-location-ipfix-07
consistent with RFC5742.

The IESG recommends that 'Extending IP Flow-Based Network Monitoring with
Location Information' <draft-irtf-nmrg-location-ipfix-07.txt> NOT be
published as an Informational RFC.

The IESG has concluded that this document violates IETF procedures for
establishment and modification of registries by updating RFC 4119 and the
location method tokens registry and should therefore not be published without
IETF review and IESG approval.

The location method tokens registry was established by a standards track IETF
consensus document, and should therefore not be  modified  in the manner
described without IETF review and IESG approval, additional tokens  if
required are allocated allocated on a first come first serve basis and may of
course be assigned. Respecting the request  for IPFIX Information Elements.
The IPFIX information elements registry requires only expert review  and also
does not necessitate IETF review or approval.

The IESG would also like the IRTF to review the comments in the datatracker
related to this document and determine whether or not they merit
incorporation into the document. Comments may exist in both the ballot and
the history log.

The IESG review is documented at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/conflict-review-irtf-nmrg-location-ipfix/

A URL of the reviewed Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-nmrg-location-ipfix/

The process for such documents is described in RFC 5743

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary