Subject: RFC 8237 on MPLS Label Switched Path (LSP) Pseudowire (PW) Status Refresh Reduction for Static PWs

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2017 21:53:58 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8237

        Title:      MPLS Label Switched Path (LSP) 
                    Pseudowire (PW) Status Refresh Reduction for 
                    Static PWs 
        Author:     L. Martini, 
                    G. Swallow,
                    E. Bellagamba
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 43099
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pals-status-reduction-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8237

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8237

This document describes a method for generating an aggregated
pseudowire (PW) status message transmitted for a statically
configured PW on a Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Label
Switched Path (LSP) to indicate the status of one or more PWs carried
on the LSP.

The method for transmitting the PW status information is not new;
however, this protocol extension allows a Service Provider (SP) to
reliably monitor the individual PW status while not overwhelming the
network with multiple periodic status messages.  This is achieved by
sending a single cumulative summary status verification message for
all the PWs grouped in the same LSP.

This document is a product of the Pseudowire And LDP-enabled Services Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC