Subject: RFC 8262 on Content-ID Header Field in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 17:22:16 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8262

        Title:      Content-ID Header Field in the 
                    Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) 
        Author:     C. Holmberg,
                    I. Sedlacek
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 26427
        Updates:    RFC 5621, RFC 5368, RFC 6442

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sipcore-content-id-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8262

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8262

This document specifies the Content-ID header field for usage in the
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP).  This document also updates RFC
5621, which only allows a Content-ID URL to reference a body part
that is part of a multipart message-body.  This update enables a
Content-ID URL to reference a complete message-body and metadata
provided by some additional SIP header fields.

This document updates RFC 5368 and RFC 6442 by clarifying their usage
of the SIP Content-ID header field.

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Protocol Core Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC