Subject: Protocol Action: 'Well-known URIs for the WebSocket Protocol' to Proposed Standard (draft-bormann-hybi-ws-wk-00.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 22:35:15 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Well-known URIs for the WebSocket Protocol'
  (draft-bormann-hybi-ws-wk-00.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an IETF
Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Alexey Melnikov.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bormann-hybi-ws-wk/

Technical Summary

   RFC 5785 defines a path prefix, "/.well-known/", that can be used by
   well-known URIs, specifically for the "http" and "https" URI schemes.
   The present memo formally updates RFC 6455, which defines the URI
   schemes defined for the WebSocket Protocol, to extend the use of
   these well-known URIs to those URI schemes.

Working Group Summary

   This is not a WG document, but resulted from IESG review of
   draft-ietf-core-coap-tcp-tls-07.

Document Quality

   The document was reviewed on the HIBY (WebSockets) mailing list.

Personnel

   Alexey Melnikov is the Responsible Area Director.