Subject: Volunteer Needed for ICANN Technical Liaison Group

From: IAB Executive Administrative Manager <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2017 14:04:07 -0700

Dear Colleagues,

Please forward to all interested parties.

On behalf of the IETF, the IAB names two technical experts to the ICANN 
Technical Liaison Group (TLG). 

The ICANN Bylaws (Section 13.2) ask the IAB, ITU-T, ETSI, and W3C to 
each provide two technical experts. The technical experts are expected 
to be "familiar with the technical standards issues that are relevant to 
ICANN's activities. These 8 experts shall be available as necessary to 
determine, through an exchange of e-mail messages, where to direct a 
technical question from ICANN when ICANN does not ask a specific TLG 
organization directly." All TLG participants are also members of ICANN's 
Technical Experts Group which confers with the ICANN Board at ICANN 
meetings.

The ICANN bylaws can be found at
http://www.icann.org/en/about/governance/bylaws.

The current experts are Warren Kumari (term ends January 2018) and Paul 
Wouters (term ends 2019). Warren has indicated that he is willing 
to serve again. 

The IAB is asking the community for volunteers to serve a two-year term
on the ICANN TLG.  If you are interested, please send a short email
message to [email-masked] with a copy to [email-masked] with your 
motivation and information concerning your familiarity with the IETF and 
ICANN as well as the other standards organizations represented on the 
TLG. The deadline for volunteering is Wednesday, 29 November 2017.

The IAB will select from the available candidates, taking into account
the familiarity with ICANN and the IETF, their roles, and the IETF
protocols. While familiarity with ETSI, ITU-T, and W3C is also
desirable, it is not required. The selected candidates will serve on 
the ICANN TLG on personal title; however, the IAB will be looking for a
candidate who has an understanding of the interests of the technical
community.

The IAB will select one person for a two-year term ending in 2020.

The ICANN TLG is expected to meet in person at or around the
three ICANN meetings held each year.

NOTE: ICANN does cover travel and hotel costs for a pre-determined 
number of days at each of the ICANN meetings.

If you are willing to be considered or would like to nominate someone
else for one of the TLG positions, please send an email message to
[email-masked] and [email-masked] by 29 November 2017.

On behalf of the IAB,
   Cindy Morgan
   IAB Executive Administrative Manager