Subject: RFC 8274 on Incident Object Description Exchange Format Usage Guidance

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2017 12:40:18 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8274

        Title:      Incident Object Description Exchange Format 
                    Usage Guidance 
        Author:     P. Kampanakis,
                    M. Suzuki
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      33
        Characters: 67602
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mile-iodef-guidance-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8274

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8274

   The Incident Object Description Exchange Format (IODEF) v2 (RFC7970)
   defines a data representation that provides a framework for sharing
   information about computer security incidents commonly exchanged by
   Computer Security Incident Response Teams (CSIRTs) .  Since the IODEF
   model includes a wealth of available options that can be used to
   describe a security incident or issue, it can be challenging for
   security practitioners to develop tools that leverage IODEF for
   incident sharing.  This document provides guidelines for IODEF
   implementers.  It addresses how common security indicators can be
   represented in IODEF and use-cases of how IODEF is being used.  This
   document aims to make IODEF's adoption by vendors easier and
   encourage faster and wider adoption of the model by CSIRTs around the
   world.

This document is a product of the Managed Incident Lightweight Exchange Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC