Subject: Document Action: 'Service Models Explained' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-opsawg-service-model-explained-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 22:35:17 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Service Models Explained'
  (draft-ietf-opsawg-service-model-explained-05.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Operations and Management Area Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Warren Kumari and Benoit Claise.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-service-model-explained/

Technical Summary

  This document describes service models as used within the IETF, and
   also shows where a service model might fit into a Software Defined
   Networking architecture.  Note that service models do not make any
   assumption of how a service is actually engineered and delivered for
   a customer; details of how network protocols and devices are
   engineered to deliver a service are captured in other models that are
   not exposed through the Customer-Provider Interface.

Working Group Summary

   There was debate on the "network service model" concept in RFC 8199 . 
   This was solved by coordinating the cross WG discussion with NETMOD 
   during both the WG adoption call and WG LC. 

Document Quality
   
   This document has received extensive input and review. It has already 
   been used to direct L2SM and L3SM work. 

   One of the authors of a closely related document RFC8199 (Benoit Claise)
   reviewed this document and provided very useful comments, to align the 
   document and terms -- there have been integrated. Much
   of the discussion is somewhat over my head, and so I'm relying on his
   expert opinion.
   
Personnel

  Document Shepherd: Tianran Zhou
  "Responsible" AD: Warren Kumari