Subject: Last Call: <draft-atarius-dispatch-meid-urn-13.txt> (A Uniform Resource Name Namespace for the Device Identity and the Mobile Equipment Identity (MEID)) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2017 15:42:52 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider the
following document: - 'A Uniform Resource Name Namespace for the Device
Identity and the
   Mobile Equipment Identity (MEID)'
  <draft-atarius-dispatch-meid-urn-13.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-12-08. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a Uniform Resource Name (URN) namespace for the
   Third Generation Partnership Project (3GPP2) and a Namespace Specific
   String (NSS) for the Mobile Equipment Identity (MEID).  The structure
   of an MEID is 15 hexadecimal encoded digits long and is defined in
   the Third Generation Partnership Project 2 (3GPP2) (see [S.R0048-A])
   to uniquely identify each individual mobile equipment (e.g., a
   handset or mobile phone).  The 3GPP2 has a requirement to be able to
   use an MEID as a URN.  This document fulfills that requirement.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-atarius-dispatch-meid-urn/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-atarius-dispatch-meid-urn/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.