Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-intarea-probe-07.txt> (PROBE: A Utility For Probing Interfaces) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2017 07:38:56 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Internet Area Working Group WG
(intarea) to consider the following document: - 'PROBE: A Utility For Probing
Interfaces'
  <draft-ietf-intarea-probe-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-12-13. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes a network diagnostic tool called PROBE.
   PROBE is similar to PING, in that it can be used to test the status
   of a probed interface.  It differs from PING in that it does not
   require bidirectional connectivity between the probing and probed
   interfaces.  Alternatively, PROBE requires bidirectional connectivity
   between the probing interface and a proxy interface.  The proxy
   interface can reside on the same node as the probed interface or it
   can reside on a node to which the probed interface is directly
   connected.  This document updates RFC 4884.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-intarea-probe/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-intarea-probe/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2813/