Subject: Last Call: <draft-atarius-dispatch-meid-urn-as-instanceid-05.txt> (Using the Mobile Equipment Identity (MEID) Uniform Resource Name (URN) as an Instance ID) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2017 15:43:40 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider the
following document: - 'Using the Mobile Equipment Identity (MEID) Uniform
Resource Name (URN)
   as an Instance ID'
  <draft-atarius-dispatch-meid-urn-as-instanceid-05.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-12-08. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This specification specifies how the Uniform Resource Name (URN)
   namespace reserved for the Third Generation Partnership Project 2
   (3GPP2) identities and its Namespace Specific String (NSS) for the
   Mobile Equipment Identity (MEID) can be used as an instance-id.  Its
   purpose is to fulfill the requirements for defining how a specific
   URN needs to be constructed and used in the "+sip.instance" Contact
   header field parameter for outbound behavior.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-atarius-dispatch-meid-urn-as-instanceid/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-atarius-dispatch-meid-urn-as-instanceid/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.