Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-tokbind-protocol-16.txt> (The Token Binding Protocol Version 1.0) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 15:01:50 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Token Binding WG (tokbind) to
consider the following document: - 'The Token Binding Protocol Version 1.0'
  <draft-ietf-tokbind-protocol-16.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-11-27. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies Version 1.0 of the Token Binding protocol.
   The Token Binding protocol allows client/server applications to
   create long-lived, uniquely identifiable TLS bindings spanning
   multiple TLS sessions and connections.  Applications are then enabled
   to cryptographically bind security tokens to the TLS layer,
   preventing token export and replay attacks.  To protect privacy, the
   Token Binding identifiers are only conveyed over TLS and can be reset
   by the user at any time.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tokbind-protocol/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tokbind-protocol/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.