Subject: Protocol Action: 'Resource-Oriented Lightweight Information Exchange' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-mile-rolie-16.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2017 13:42:24 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Resource-Oriented Lightweight Information Exchange'
  (draft-ietf-mile-rolie-16.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Managed Incident Lightweight Exchange
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Kathleen Moriarty and Eric Rescorla.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mile-rolie/

Technical Summary

   This document describes a Resource-Oriented Lightweight Information Exchange (ROLIE).
   Based on a RESTful architecture, security resources are expected to be maintained in a
   web-accessible repository structured as Atom Syndication Format (RFC 4287) feeds.
   The document details  extensions to AtomPub (RFC 5023)  and Atom Syndication
   Format (RFC 4287) to facilitate the sharing of information relevant to security
   applications.

Working Group Summary

   There is solid consensus in the WG for this draft.

Document Quality

   There are implementations and use of this draft.  There was 
   several revisions of the draft resulting from feedback and
   agreement on the updates.

Personnel

   Nancy Cam-Winget is acting as the Document Shepherd.  Kathleen is the Responsible Area Director.
   The IANA Expert(s) for the registries
   in this document are David Waltermire and Stephen Banghart.

IANA Note

 The following new registry entry titled "Resource Oriented Lightweight
 Information Exchange (ROLIE) Parameters" is requested with
 Specification required and Designated Expert review per RFC8126.

  The specification adds a new entry to the "IETF URN Sub-namespace for Registered
  Protocol Parameter Identifiers" to define the ROLIE 1.0 as a namespace.

  Two new registrations are also added to the “Well-Known URI” to add the URI
  suffixes “rolie/servicedocument” and “rolie/categorydocument”.