Subject: RFC 8281 on Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) Extensions for PCE-Initiated LSP Setup in a Stateful PCE Model

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2017 15:48:56 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8281

        Title:      Path Computation Element Communication Protocol 
                    (PCEP) Extensions for PCE-Initiated LSP Setup 
                    in a Stateful PCE Model 
        Author:     E. Crabbe, 
                    I. Minei,
                    S. Sivabalan, 
                    R. Varga
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 41108
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pce-pce-initiated-lsp-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8281

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8281

The Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) provides
mechanisms for Path Computation Elements (PCEs) to perform path
computations in response to Path Computation Client (PCC) requests.

The extensions for stateful PCE provide active control of
Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Traffic Engineering Label
Switched Paths (TE LSPs) via PCEP, for a model where the PCC
delegates control over one or more locally configured LSPs to the
PCE.  This document describes the creation and deletion of
PCE-initiated LSPs under the stateful PCE model.

This document is a product of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC