Subject: Protocol Action: 'IAB, IESG, and IAOC Selection, Confirmation, and Recall Process: IAOC Advisor for the Nominating Committee' to Best Current Practice (draft-dawkins-iesg-nomcom-advisor-iaoc-03.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2017 11:22:54 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'IAB, IESG, and IAOC Selection, Confirmation, and Recall Process: IAOC
   Advisor for the Nominating Committee'
  (draft-dawkins-iesg-nomcom-advisor-iaoc-03.txt) as Best Current Practice

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an IETF
Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Alexey Melnikov.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dawkins-iesg-nomcom-advisor-iaoc/

Technical Summary

   This specification formalizes an ad hoc practice used to provide
   advice to the IETF Nominating Committee about the operations of the
   IETF Administrative Oversight Committee.

   This document updates RFC 7437/BCP 10, so is also being
   published as a BCP.

Working Group Summary

    This document is not the product of a working group, but was
    discussed on the IETF-Nomcom mailing list, and early versions
    were  reviewed within the IAOC, in addition to community
    review solicited at IETF Last Call time.

Document Quality

    The document is addressing a deficiency in NomCom process 
    that was observed in the past.

    The draft changed significantly as a result of those discussions
    and reviews. Appendix A describes decisions the author made
    based on those discussions.

Personnel

   Alexey Melnikov is the Responsible AD.