Subject: Last Call: <draft-housley-id-sig-update-02.txt> (Update to Digital Signatures on Internet-Draft Documents) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2017 05:34:34 -0800

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider the
following document: - 'Update to Digital Signatures on Internet-Draft
Documents'
  <draft-housley-id-sig-update-02.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-01-02. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   RFC 5485 specifies the conventions for digital signatures on
   Internet-Draft documents.  The Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) is
   used to create a detached signature, which is stored in a separate
   companion file so that no existing utilities are impacted by the
   addition of the digital signature.

   The RFC Editor recently published the first RFC that includes non-
   ASCII characters in a "text" file.  The conventions specified in RFC
   7997 were followed.  We assume that non-ASCII characters will soon
   start appearing in Internet-Drafts as well.  This document updates
   the handling of digital signatures on Internet-Draft document for
   non-ASCII characters in a "text" file.

   This document (once approved) updates RFC 5485.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-housley-id-sig-update/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-housley-id-sig-update/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.