Subject: RFC 8273 on Unique IPv6 Prefix per Host

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2017 15:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8273

        Title:      Unique IPv6 Prefix per Host 
        Author:     J. Brzozowski,
                    G. Van de Velde
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 22867
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-v6ops-unique-ipv6-prefix-per-host-13.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8273

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8273

This document outlines an approach utilizing existing IPv6 protocols
to allow hosts to be assigned a unique IPv6 prefix (instead of a
unique IPv6 address from a shared IPv6 prefix).  Benefits of using a
unique IPv6 prefix over a unique service-provider IPv6 address
include improved host isolation and enhanced subscriber management on
shared network segments.

This document is a product of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC