Subject: Corrected Announcement: STD 90, RFC 8259 on The JavaScript Object Notation (JSON) Data Interchange Format

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2017 11:48:01 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        STD 90        
        RFC 8259

        Title:      The JavaScript Object Notation (JSON) 
                    Data Interchange Format 
        Author:     T. Bray, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 28360
        Obsoletes:  RFC 7159
        See Also:   STD 90

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-jsonbis-rfc7159bis-04.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8259

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8259

JavaScript Object Notation (JSON) is a lightweight, text-based,
language-independent data interchange format.  It was derived from
the ECMAScript Programming Language Standard.  JSON defines a small
set of formatting rules for the portable representation of structured
data.

This document removes inconsistencies with other specifications of
JSON, repairs specification errors, and offers experience-based
interoperability guidance.

This document is a product of the Javascript Object Notation Update Working Group of the IETF.

This is now an Internet Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC