Subject: RFC 8282 on Extensions to the Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) for Inter-Layer MPLS and GMPLS Traffic Engineering

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2017 15:49:11 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8282

        Title:      Extensions to the Path Computation 
                    Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) for 
                    Inter-Layer MPLS and GMPLS Traffic Engineering 
        Author:     E. Oki, 
                    T. Takeda,
                    A. Farrel,
                    F. Zhang
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Characters: 47899
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pce-inter-layer-ext-12.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8282

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8282

The Path Computation Element (PCE) provides path computation
functions in support of traffic engineering in Multiprotocol Label
Switching (MPLS) and Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) networks.

MPLS and GMPLS networks may be constructed from layered service
networks.  It is advantageous for overall network efficiency to
provide end-to-end traffic engineering across multiple network layers
through a process called inter-layer traffic engineering.  PCE is a
candidate solution for such requirements.

The PCE Communication Protocol (PCEP) is designed as a communication
protocol between Path Computation Clients (PCCs) and PCEs.  This
document presents PCEP extensions for inter-layer traffic
engineering.

This document is a product of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC