Subject: Protocol Action: 'A Data Model for Network Topologies' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-i2rs-yang-network-topo-20.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 07:22:31 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'A Data Model for Network Topologies'
  (draft-ietf-i2rs-yang-network-topo-20.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Interface to the Routing System Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2rs-yang-network-topo/

Technical Summary

  This document defines an abstract (generic) YANG data model for
   network/service topologies and inventories.  The model serves as a
   base model which is augmented with technology-specific details in
   other, more specific topology and inventory models.

Working Group Summary

   Working Group has talked about this for 2 years. 
   Final discussion - was ship it. 
   https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/i2rs/current/msg04009.html

Document Quality

   ODL implementation has existed for over 2 years
   Vendors planning to implement: Cisco, Ericsson, Huawei, Packet Design, Juniper, some Data Center 

   Yang doctors review: by Kent Watsen:
   https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/yang-doctors/current/msg00032.html

   Routing-Directorate:  by Ines Robles
   https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/rtg-dir/current/msg02913.html

   IPR call 
    https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/i2rs/gzC5-AXJI-YuttTP9ZCON3UMCLs

Personnel

   Responsible AD: Alia Atlas 
    Document Shepherd:  Susan Hares