Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-bess-evpn-usage-06.txt> (Usage and applicability of BGP MPLS based Ethernet VPN) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2018 15:09:20 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the BGP Enabled ServiceS WG (bess) to
consider the following document: - 'Usage and applicability of BGP MPLS based
Ethernet VPN'
  <draft-ietf-bess-evpn-usage-06.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-02-09. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document discusses the usage and applicability of BGP MPLS based
   Ethernet VPN (EVPN) in a simple and fairly common deployment
   scenario. The different EVPN procedures are explained on the example
   scenario, analyzing the benefits and trade-offs of each option. This
   document is intended to provide a simplified guide for the deployment
   of EVPN networks.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-usage/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-usage/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.