Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-lwig-energy-efficient-08.txt> (Energy-Efficient Features of Internet of Things Protocols) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2018 16:33:13 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Light-Weight Implementation Guidance
WG (lwig) to consider the following document: - 'Energy-Efficient Features of
Internet of Things Protocols'
  <draft-ietf-lwig-energy-efficient-08.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-01-16. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes the challenges for energy-efficient protocol
   operation on constrained devices and the current practices used to
   overcome those challenges.  It summarizes the main link-layer
   techniques used for energy-efficient networking, and it highlights
   the impact of such techniques on the upper layer protocols so that
   they can together achieve an energy efficient behavior.  The document
   also provides an overview of energy-efficient mechanisms available at
   each layer of the IETF protocol suite specified for constrained node
   networks.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lwig-energy-efficient/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lwig-energy-efficient/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.