Subject: RFC 8301 on Cryptographic Algorithm and Key Usage Update to DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 16:35:15 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8301

        Title:      Cryptographic Algorithm and Key Usage 
                    Update to DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) 
        Author:     S. Kitterman
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Characters: 10075
        Updates:    RFC 6376

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dcrup-dkim-usage-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8301

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8301

The cryptographic algorithm and key size requirements included when
DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) was designed a decade ago are
functionally obsolete and in need of immediate revision.  This
document updates DKIM requirements to those minimally suitable for
operation with currently specified algorithms.

This document is a product of the DKIM Crypto Update Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC