Subject: Document Action: 'A Scalable and Topology-Aware MPLS Dataplane Monitoring System' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-spring-oam-usecase-10.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2018 16:14:51 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'A Scalable and Topology-Aware MPLS Dataplane Monitoring System'
  (draft-ietf-spring-oam-usecase-10.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Source Packet Routing in Networking
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-spring-oam-usecase/

Technical Summary

   This document describes features of a path monitoring system and
   related use cases.  Segment based routing enables a scalable and
   simple method to monitor data plane liveliness of the complete set of
   paths belonging to a single domain.  The MPLS monitoring system adds
   features to the traditional MPLS Ping and LSP Trace, in a very
   complementary way.  MPLS topology awareness reduces management and
   control plane involvement of OAM measurements while enabling new OAM
   features.

Working Group Summary

   Support has been consistent in the WG.

Document Quality

   There is a prototype implementation which has been running in a 
   research backbone. The resulting measurements have been compared to the 
   results measured by three IP Performance Measurement Work Group (IPPM WG) 
   standard conformant Measurement Agents and the results are equivalents. This 
   is documented in draft-leipnitz-spring-pms-implementation-report-00.

Personnel

Bruno Decraene is the Document Shepherd.
Alvaro Retana is the Responsible Area Director.