Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mmusic-trickle-ice-sip-12.txt> (A Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) usage for Trickle ICE) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2018 06:22:36 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Multiparty Multimedia Session
Control WG (mmusic) to consider the following document: - 'A Session
Initiation Protocol (SIP) usage for Trickle ICE'
  <draft-ietf-mmusic-trickle-ice-sip-12.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-01-26. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE) protocol describes a
   Network Address Translator (NAT) traversal mechanism for UDP-based
   multimedia sessions established with the Offer/Answer model.  The ICE
   extension for Incremental Provisioning of Candidates (Trickle ICE)
   defines a mechanism that allows ICE Agents to shorten session
   establishment delays by making the candidate gathering and
   connectivity checking phases of ICE non-blocking and by executing
   them in parallel.

   This document defines usage semantics for Trickle ICE with the
   Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and defines a new SIP Info Package.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-trickle-ice-sip/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-trickle-ice-sip/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    draft-ivov-mmusic-sdpfrag: Internet Media Type application/sdpfrag (None - )
    draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc5245bis: Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE): A Protocol for Network Address Translator (NAT) Traversal (None - IETF stream)