Subject: 2018 - 2019 IETF NomCom Chair Announcement

From: Kathy Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2018 12:37:17 +0000

To the IETF Community,

One of the roles of the Internet Society (ISOC) President is to appoint
the IETF Nominations Committee (NomCom) chair. This is done through
consultation with members of the IETF community, as well as input from
past IETF NomCom Chairs. I am pleased to announce that Scott Mansfield has
agreed to serve as the 2018 - 2019 IETF Nominations Committee chair.

Scott has been active in standardization for 19 years starting with the
ATM Forum.  He is active in network management related standardization for
Ethernet, MPLS, and OTN in the IETF, IEEE, MEF, and ITU-T.  He is the
editor or contributor of RFC 5950, RFC 5951, RFC 6291, RFC 6639, and RFC
6941.  He is also the IETF¹s liaison coordinator to the ITU-T.  He joined
FORE Systems, which was acquired by Marconi, which was later acquired by
Ericsson.  Scott is a MEF Distinguished Fellow and a Broadband Forum
Circle of Excellence award recipient.  He is a Board member for the Mars
Area High School Band Boosters (Pennsylvania USA) and builds props for
band and drumline competitions.

The NomCom process is critical to the health and success of the IETF and
it¹s important to have robust support from the community.  A Call for
Nominations for this committee will be sent shortly to the IETF
Announcement list; and a list of IESG, IAB and IAOC/IETF Trust seats to be
filled will also be published. Please consider volunteering for the
Nominations Committee as well as send candidate recommendations for the
open positions to Scott, who will share them with the committee when
seated. Scott can be reached at [email-masked].

Thanks again to everyone for their support and special thanks to Peter Yee
for his leadership as Chair this past year.

Kathryn C Brown
President & CEO
Internet Society