Subject: RFC Format Tools Development Contracts Awarded by IAOC

From: Portia Wenze-Danley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 16:02:07 -0500

At the request of the IAOC the Internet Society issued an RFP on 14
December 2017 for the development of tools to support changes to
RFC formats, a project led by the RFC Series Editor, Heather
Flanagan.

On 1 January 2018 the IAOC awarded a tools development contract to
Soaring Hawk Consulting to develop the RFClint, svgcheck, and
XML Diff tools.

The specifications were developed through a four-plus-year community
process that culminated in the following RFCs:

  a.  RFC 7991  The xml2rfc Version 3 Vocabulary
  b.  RFC 7992  HTML Format for RFCs
  c.  RFC 7994  Requirements for Plain-Text RFCs
  d.  RFC 7995  PDF Format for RFCs
  e.  RFC 7996  SVG Drawings for RFCs
  f.  RFC 7997  The Use of Non-ASCII Characters in RFC
  g.  RFC 7998  xml2rfc Version 3 Preparation Tool Description

Soaring Hawk is led by Jim Schaad, while Robert Sparks and Heather
Flanagan will serve as the Project
Managers for the project.

Thanks.

Portia Wenze-Danley
IIAD