Subject: Protocol Action: 'A YANG Data Model for Routing Management (NMDA Version)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-netmod-rfc8022bis-11.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 08:50:48 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'A YANG Data Model for Routing Management (NMDA Version)'
  (draft-ietf-netmod-rfc8022bis-11.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Network Modeling Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Warren Kumari and Benoit Claise.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-rfc8022bis/

Technical Summary

   This document contains a specification of three YANG modules and one
   submodule.  Together the modules  form the core routing data model that
   serves as a framework for configuring and managing a routing
   subsystem.  These modules are augmented by additional YANG modules 
   defining data models for control-plane protocols, route filters, and other 
   functions.  The core routing data model provides common building blocks 
   for such extensions -- routes, Routing Information Bases (RIBs), and 
   control-plane protocols. 
  
   This bis  update to RFC 8022 fully conforms to the Network Management 
   Datastore Architecture (NMDA). Consequently, this document obsoletes 
   RFC 8022.

Working Group Summary

   Was there anything in the WG process that is worth noting?
   For example, was there controversy about particular points 
   or were there decisions where the consensus was
   particularly rough? 

Document Quality

WGLC commenced Wed, 29 Nov 2017 completed on Fri, 15 Dec
2017.  A draft revision was performed during the last call to address
editorial issues.  The draft itself is a mechanical update to include 
support for the Network Management  Datastore Architecture 
normatively in the data model for routing manangement.

Personnel

   Joel Jaeggli is the document shepherd, 
   Benoit Claise is the Responsible AD.