Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-lpwan-overview-07.txt> (LPWAN Overview) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2018 16:34:07 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 over Low Power Wide-Area
Networks WG (lpwan) to consider the following document: - 'LPWAN Overview'
  <draft-ietf-lpwan-overview-07.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-01-16. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Low Power Wide Area Networks (LPWAN) are wireless technologies with
   characteristics such as large coverage areas, low bandwidth, possibly
   very small packet and application layer data sizes and long battery
   life operation.  This memo is an informational overview of the set of
   LPWAN technologies being considered in the IETF and of the gaps that
   exist between the needs of those technologies and the goal of running
   IP in LPWANs.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lpwan-overview/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lpwan-overview/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.