Subject: RFC 8278 on Mobile Access Gateway (MAG) Multipath Options

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2018 08:00:00 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8278

        Title:      Mobile Access Gateway (MAG) 
                    Multipath Options 
        Author:     P. Seite, 
                    A. Yegin,
                    S. Gundavelli
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 32313
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dmm-mag-multihoming-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8278

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8278

This specification defines extensions to the Proxy Mobile IPv6
(PMIPv6) protocol that allow a mobile access gateway (MAG) to
register more than one proxy care-of address (pCoA) with the local
mobility anchor (LMA) and to simultaneously establish multiple IP
tunnels with the LMA.  This capability allows the MAG to utilize all
the available access networks to route the mobile node's IP traffic.
This document defines the following two new mobility header options:
the MAG Multipath Binding option and the MAG Identifier option.

This document is a product of the Distributed Mobility Management Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC