Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bundle-negotiation-48.txt> (Negotiating Media Multiplexing Using the Session Description Protocol (SDP)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2018 14:22:29 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Multiparty Multimedia Session
Control WG (mmusic) to consider the following document: - 'Negotiating Media
Multiplexing Using the Session Description Protocol
   (SDP)'
  <draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bundle-negotiation-48.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-02-14. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This specification defines a new Session Description Protocol (SDP)
   Grouping Framework extension, 'BUNDLE'.  The extension can be used
   with the SDP Offer/Answer mechanism to negotiate the usage of a
   single transport (5-tuple) for sending and receiving media described
   by multiple SDP media descriptions ("m=" sections).  Such transport
   is referred to as a BUNDLE transport, and the media is referred to as
   bundled media.  The "m=" sections that use the BUNDLE transport form
   a BUNDLE group.

   This specification updates RFC 3264, to allow assigning a zero port
   value to a "m=" section without meaning that the media described by
   the "m=" section is disabled or rejected.

   This specification defines a new RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) source
   description (SDES) item and a new RTP header extension that van be
   used to correlate bundled RTP/RTCP packets with their appropriate
   "m=" section.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bundle-negotiation/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bundle-negotiation/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    draft-holmberg-mmusic-sdp-multiplex-negotiation: Multiplexing Negotiation Using Session Description Protocol (SDP) Port Numbers (None - )