Subject: Protocol Action: 'Network Management Datastore Architecture' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-netmod-revised-datastores-10.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2018 09:56:13 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Network Management Datastore Architecture'
  (draft-ietf-netmod-revised-datastores-10.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Network Modeling Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Warren Kumari and Benoit Claise.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-revised-datastores/

Technical Summary

   This document defines an architectural framework for datastores based
   on the experience gained with the initial simpler model, addressing
   requirements that were not well supported in the initial model.
   Datastores are a fundamental concept binding the data models written
   in the YANG data modeling language to network management protocols
   such as NETCONF and RESTCONF.  This document updates RFC 7950.

Working Group Summary

This work has occupied significant attention within the WG as well as
other organizations.  It is driving revision of all existing and
in-development YANG models. 

Document Quality

While it is unclear when vendors will be implementing revised
datastores, significant vendors and users have shown interest in this
work as well as willingness to support it by updating existing and
in-development models.

Personnel

   Lou Berger is the Document Shepherd?
   Benoit Claise is the Responsible Area  Director?