Subject: Protocol Action: 'Signaling Root-Initiated Point-to-Multipoint Pseudowire using LDP' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-pals-p2mp-pw-04.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2018 16:10:39 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Signaling Root-Initiated Point-to-Multipoint Pseudowire using LDP'
  (draft-ietf-pals-p2mp-pw-04.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Pseudowire And LDP-enabled Services
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pals-p2mp-pw/

Technical Summary

This document specifies a mechanism to signal Point-to-Multipoint (P2MP)
Pseudowires (PW) tree using LDP. Such a mechanism is suitable for any Layer 2
VPN service requiring P2MP connectivity over an IP or MPLS enabled PSN.
A P2MP PW established via the proposed mechanism is root initiated. This
document updates RFC7385 by re-assigning reserved value 0xFF to be the
wildcard transport tunnel type.

Working Group Summary

 The Working Group and its predecessor (PWE3) took a long time
to finish the document. There was not much comment on it in
WGLC. It is none-the-less a useful document which should be
published as part of completing the IETF work on "classical"
pseudowires.
 
Document Quality

This is a well written document that clearly explains how to
signal Root-Initiated Point-to-Multipoint Pseudowire using LDP.

Personnel

   Who is the Document Shepherd for this document?  Stewart Bryant 
   Who is the Responsible Area Director?  Deborah Brungard