Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-trill-address-flush-04.txt> (TRILL: Address Flush Message) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 13:38:42 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Transparent Interconnection of Lots
of Links WG (trill) to consider the following document: - 'TRILL: Address
Flush Message'
  <draft-ietf-trill-address-flush-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-02-05. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The TRILL (TRansparent Interconnection of Lots of Links) protocol, by
   default, learns end station addresses from observing the data plane.
   In particular, it learns local MAC addresses and edge switch port of
   attachment from the receipt of local data frames and learns remote
   MAC addresses and edge switch of attachment from the decapsulation of
   remotely sourced TRILL Data packets.

   This document specifies a message by which a TRILL switch can
   explicitly request other TRILL switches to flush certain MAC
   reachability learned through the decapsulation of TRILL Data packets.
   This is a supplement to the TRILL automatic address forgetting and
   can assist in achieving more rapid convergence in case of topology or
   configuration change.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-address-flush/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-address-flush/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3114/