Subject: Protocol Action: 'A YANG Data Model for Routing Information Protocol (RIP)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-rtgwg-yang-rip-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2018 09:31:08 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'A YANG Data Model for Routing Information Protocol (RIP)'
  (draft-ietf-rtgwg-yang-rip-08.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Routing Area Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-yang-rip/

Technical Summary

This document describes a YANG data model for Routing Information Protocol (RIP), 
and both RIP version 2 and RIPng are covered. RIP was designed to work as an Interior 
Gateway Protocol (IGP) in moderate-size Autonomous Systems (AS). The protocol has 
been implemented by most of network equipment vendors.  Providing a standard YANG 
model will facilitate the protocol configuration and status in a vendor independent way.

Working Group Summary

This draft has been thoroughly discussed in the WG.
The draft adoption and progress has received full support from the WG.
All comments have been addressed.  The draft is ready for publication.

Document Quality

The draft went to many rounds of reviews by YANG-Doctors and the quality is good.
A subset of the proposed model has been implemented.

Personnel

Yingzhen Qu is the Document Shepherd.
Alia Atlas is the Responsible Area Director.