Subject: EXTENDED Last Call: <draft-gutmann-scep-09.txt> (Simple Certificate Enrolment Protocol) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2018 14:14:02 -0800

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider the
following document: - 'Simple Certificate Enrolment Protocol'
  <draft-gutmann-scep-09.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-03-19. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies the Simple Certificate Enrolment Protocol
   (SCEP), a PKI protocol that leverages existing technology by using
   CMS (formerly known as PKCS #7) and PKCS #10 over HTTP.  SCEP is the
   evolution of the enrolment protocol sponsored by Cisco Systems, which
   enjoys wide support in both client and server implementations, as
   well as being relied upon by numerous other industry standards that
   work with certificates.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gutmann-scep/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gutmann-scep/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/553/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/500/