Subject: Protocol Action: 'TRILL Support of Point to Multipoint BFD' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-trill-p2mp-bfd-09.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2018 13:25:11 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'TRILL Support of Point to Multipoint BFD'
  (draft-ietf-trill-p2mp-bfd-09.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of
Links Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-p2mp-bfd/

Technical Summary

 Point to multipoint (P2MP) BFD is designed to verify multipoint
connectivity.  This document specifies the support of P2MP BFD in
TRILL.  Similar to TRILL point-to-point BFD, BFD Control packets in
TRILL P2MP BFD are transmitted using RBridge Channel message.

Working Group Summary

   WG has discussed this technology along with other TRILL extensions for the 
  last 3 years.  Trade-offs were discussed at IETF meetings and on the mail list. 
  Final decision on trade-off received good WG consensus. 

Document Quality

No implementations of the protocol exist. 
  Huawei may implement this draft in the future, but 
  this depends on customer needs in various deployments 
  (data centers, campus networks, and others) 

Personnel

   Document Shepherd: Sue Hares
     Responsible Area Director: Alia Atlas