Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-lwig-crypto-sensors-05.txt> (Practical Considerations and Implementation Experiences in Securing Smart Object Networks) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2018 13:11:28 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Light-Weight Implementation Guidance
WG (lwig) to consider the following document: - 'Practical Considerations and
Implementation Experiences in Securing
   Smart Object Networks'
  <draft-ietf-lwig-crypto-sensors-05.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-02-19. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo describes challenges associated with securing resource-
   constrained smart object devices.  The memo describes a possible
   deployment model where resource-constrained devices sign message
   objects, discusses the availability of cryptographic libraries for
   small devices and presents some preliminary experiences with those
   libraries for message signing on small devices.  Lastly, the memo
   discusses trade-offs involving different types of security
   approaches.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lwig-crypto-sensors/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lwig-crypto-sensors/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.