Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-tls-tls13-24.txt> (The Transport Layer Security (TLS) Protocol Version 1.3) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2018 13:13:48 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Transport Layer Security WG (tls) to
consider the following document: - 'The Transport Layer Security (TLS)
Protocol Version 1.3'
  <draft-ietf-tls-tls13-24.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-03-01. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies version 1.3 of the Transport Layer Security
   (TLS) protocol.  TLS allows client/server applications to communicate
   over the Internet in a way that is designed to prevent eavesdropping,
   tampering, and message forgery.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-tls13/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-tls13/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2900/

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc8017: PKCS #1: RSA Cryptography Specifications Version 2.2 (Informational - IETF stream)