Subject: RFC 8315 on Cancel-Locks in Netnews Articles

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2018 17:12:25 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8315

        Title:      Cancel-Locks in Netnews Articles 
        Author:     M. Baeuerle
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 42347
        Updates:    RFC 5537

        I-D Tag:    draft-baeuerle-netnews-cancel-lock-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8315

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8315

This document defines an extension to the Netnews Article Format that
may be used to authenticate the withdrawal of existing articles.
This document updates RFC 5537.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC