Subject: RFC 8325 on Mapping Diffserv to IEEE 802.11

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2018 17:13:00 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8325

        Title:      Mapping Diffserv to IEEE 802.11 
        Author:     T. Szigeti,
                    J. Henry,
                    F. Baker
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      37
        Characters: 91530
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tsvwg-ieee-802-11-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8325

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8325

As Internet traffic is increasingly sourced from and destined to
wireless endpoints, it is crucial that Quality of Service (QoS) be
aligned between wired and wireless networks; however, this is not
always the case by default.  This document specifies a set of
mappings from Differentiated Services Code Point (DSCP) to IEEE
802.11 User Priority (UP) to reconcile the marking recommendations
offered by the IETF and the IEEE so as to maintain consistent QoS
treatment between wired and IEEE 802.11 wireless networks.

This document is a product of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC