Subject: RFC 8226 on Secure Telephone Identity Credentials: Certificates

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2018 17:34:45 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8226

        Title:      Secure Telephone Identity Credentials: Certificates 
        Author:     J. Peterson, 
                    S. Turner
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2018 
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      24
        Characters: 54838
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-stir-certificates-17.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8226

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8226

In order to prevent the impersonation of telephone numbers on the
Internet, some kind of credential system needs to exist that
cryptographically asserts authority over telephone numbers.  This
document describes the use of certificates in establishing authority
over telephone numbers, as a component of a broader architecture for
managing telephone numbers as identities in protocols like SIP.

This document is a product of the Secure Telephone Identity Revisited Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC