Subject: EXTENDED Last Call: <draft-ietf-mmusic-rid-14.txt> (RTP Payload Format Restrictions) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2018 06:38:20 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Multiparty Multimedia Session
Control WG (mmusic) to consider the following document: - 'RTP Payload Format
Restrictions'
  <draft-ietf-mmusic-rid-14.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-03-30. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   In this specification, we define a framework for specifying
   restrictions on RTP streams in the Session Description Protocol.
   This framework defines a new "rid" SDP attribute to unambiguously
   identify the RTP Streams within a RTP Session and restrict the
   streams' payload format parameters in a codec-agnostic way beyond
   what is provided with the regular Payload Types.

   This specification updates RFC4855 to give additional guidance on
   choice of Format Parameter (fmtp) names, and on their relation to the
   restrictions defined by this document.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-rid/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-rid/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.