Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-6tisch-6top-protocol-09.txt> (6top Protocol (6P)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2018 15:44:40 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 over the TSCH mode of IEEE
802.15.4e WG (6tisch) to consider the following document: - '6top Protocol
(6P)'
  <draft-ietf-6tisch-6top-protocol-09.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-03-26. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines the 6top Protocol (6P), which enables
   distributed scheduling in 6TiSCH networks.  6P allows neighbor nodes
   to add/delete TSCH cells to one another.  6P is part of the 6TiSCH
   Operation Sublayer (6top), the next higher layer to the IEEE Std
   802.15.4 TSCH medium access control layer.  The 6P layer is formed by
   the 6top Protocol defined in this document and 6top Scheduling
   Function(s).  A 6top Scheduling Function (SF) decides when to add/
   delete cells, and triggers 6P Transactions.  This document lists the
   requirements for an SF, but leaves the definition of SFs out of
   scope.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6tisch-6top-protocol/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6tisch-6top-protocol/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    draft-ietf-6tisch-6top-sf0: 6TiSCH 6top Scheduling Function Zero (SF0) (None - IETF stream)