Subject: Protocol Action: 'YANG Tree Diagrams' to Best Current Practice (draft-ietf-netmod-yang-tree-diagrams-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2018 07:35:26 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'YANG Tree Diagrams'
  (draft-ietf-netmod-yang-tree-diagrams-06.txt) as Best Current Practice

This document is the product of the Network Modeling Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Warren Kumari and Benoit Claise.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-yang-tree-diagrams/

Technical Summary

   This document captures the current syntax used in YANG module Tree
   Diagrams.  The purpose of the document is to provide a single
   location for this definition.  This syntax may be updated from time
   to time based on the evolution of the YANG language.

Working Group Summary

   Yang tree diagrams are perhaps unusually for yang not 
   intended specifically to be machine readable, but rather  
   to display with  maximum legibility spinlified graphical 
   representations of modules. the dicussion that led to the 
   current formulation is therefore somewhat unusual territory
   for netmod. Nevertheless, the current approach has broad
   working-group support.

Document Quality

   There are known implementations of yang tree-diagram 
   rendering which produce results consistent with this document.

Personnel

   Joel Jaeggli is the document shepherd. 
   Benoit Claise is the responsible area director.