Subject: Document Action: 'IANA Registration for new Cryptographic Algorithm Object Identifier Range' to Informational RFC (draft-schaad-curdle-oid-registry-03.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 08:32:43 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'IANA Registration for new Cryptographic Algorithm Object Identifier
   Range'
  (draft-schaad-curdle-oid-registry-03.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the CURves, Deprecating and a Little more
Encryption Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Kathleen Moriarty and Eric Rescorla.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-schaad-curdle-oid-registry/

Technical Summary
When the Curdle Security Working Group was chartered, a range of
object identifiers was donated by Symantec Website Security for the
purpose of registering the Edwards Elliptic Curve key agreement and
signature algorithms.  This donated set of OIDs allowed for shorter
values than would be possible using the existing S/MIME or PKIX arcs.
This document describes the range of identifiers that were assigned
in that donated range, transfers control of that range to IANA, and
establishes IANA allocation policies for any future assignments
within that range.

Working Group Summary
I am not aware of any controversy.

Document Quality
N/A

Personnel
Daniel Migault is the document shepherd and Eric Rescorla is the
responsible Area Director.