Subject: Protocol Action: 'Voucher Profile for Bootstrapping Protocols' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-anima-voucher-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2018 06:27:11 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Voucher Profile for Bootstrapping Protocols'
  (draft-ietf-anima-voucher-07.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Autonomic Networking Integrated Model and
Approach Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Warren Kumari, Benoit Claise and Terry Manderson.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-anima-voucher/

Technical Summary

   This document defines a strategy to securely assign a pledge to an 
   owner, using an artifact signed, directly or indirectly, by the 
   pledge's manufacturer. This artifact is known as a "voucher". This 
   document only defines the voucher artifact, leaving it to other
   documents to describe specialized protocols for accessing it.

Working Group Summary

  This document was called draft-kwatsen-anima-voucher prior to its 
  adoption. There was unanimous support for it in favor of adoption and 
  none against), so this document was adopted in January, 2017, as a
  accompanying document along with another ANIMA WG document 
  draft-ietf-anima-bootstrapping-keyinfra, which have been adopted in 
  Auguest 2015. It is worthy to clarifying that this document is actually
  independent from draft-ietf-anima-bootstrapping-keyinfra. There was 
  interest in this work posts since its adoption. There was never any 
  opposition for this work.
  
  This document went through a relevant shorter document development
  period (3 months for individual document period, 8 month for WG 
  document period). It has been reviewed well.

Document Quality

  This document went through multiple reviews by multiple WGs (ANIMA,
  6tisch, NETCONF) participants.  And this document went through a 
  cross-group WGLC, which did receive comments to help improving the
  document. So far, there is no existing implementations. 

Personnel

  Sheng Jiang is the document shepherd.
  Terry Manderson is the responsible AD.

IANA Note

 IANA is asked to registers a URIs in the IETF XML registry:
  URI: urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:yang:ietf-voucher
  
  IANA is requested to registers a YANG module in the YANG Module Names
  registry: ietf-voucher.
  
  All the necessary information is in the IANA considerations document. It is
  clear enough that the IANA will be able to implement it.