Subject: EXTENDED Last Call: <draft-ietf-rmcat-sbd-10.txt> (Shared Bottleneck Detection for Coupled Congestion Control for RTP Media.) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 06:53:52 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the RTP Media Congestion Avoidance
Techniques WG (rmcat) to consider the following document: - 'Shared
Bottleneck Detection for Coupled Congestion Control for RTP
   Media.'
  <draft-ietf-rmcat-sbd-10.txt> as Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-03-16. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes a mechanism to detect whether end-to-end data
   flows share a common bottleneck.  It relies on summary statistics
   that are calculated based on continuous measurements and used as
   input to a grouping algorithm that runs wherever the knowledge is
   needed.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rmcat-sbd/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rmcat-sbd/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.