Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-ice-trickle-16.txt> (Trickle ICE: Incremental Provisioning of Candidates for the Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE) Protocol) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2018 14:06:31 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Interactive Connectivity
Establishment WG (ice) to consider the following document: - 'Trickle ICE:
Incremental Provisioning of Candidates for the
   Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE) Protocol'
  <draft-ietf-ice-trickle-16.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-02-22. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes "Trickle ICE", an extension to the
   Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE) protocol that enables
   ICE agents to send and receive candidates incrementally rather than
   exchanging complete lists.  With such incremental provisioning, ICE
   agents can begin connectivity checks while they are still gathering
   candidates and considerably shorten the time necessary for ICE
   processing to complete.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ice-trickle/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ice-trickle/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.