Subject: Last Call: Promote BIER Architecture and Encapsulation to Proposed Standard (based on updating charter)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2018 13:12:29 -0800

The IESG has received a request from an individual participant to make the
following status changes:

- RFC8279 from Experimental to Proposed Standard
    (Multicast Using Bit Index Explicit Replication (BIER))

- RFC8296 from Experimental to Proposed Standard
    (Encapsulation for Bit Index Explicit Replication (BIER) in MPLS and
    Non-MPLS Networks)

The supporting document for this request can be found here:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/status-change-bier-core-to-proposed-standard/

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-03-08. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

The affected documents can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc8279/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc8296/

IESG discussion of this request can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/status-change-bier-core-to-proposed-standard/ballot/