Subject: Protocol Action: 'YANG Model for Network Instances' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-rtgwg-ni-model-10.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2018 11:23:23 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'YANG Model for Network Instances'
  (draft-ietf-rtgwg-ni-model-10.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Routing Area Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-ni-model/

Technical Summary

   This document describes a YANG data model for Network Instances (NIs). 
   The network instance container is used to represent virtual routing and 
    forwarding instances (VRFs) and virtual switching instances (VSIs).  VRFs 
    and VSIs are commonly used to isolate routing and switching domains, for 
    example to create virtual private networks, each with their own active 
    protocols and routing/switching policies. The YANG data module defined 
    in this draft can be used to configure and manage VRFs and VSIs.

Working Group Summary

   This draft has been thoroughly discussed in the WG.
   The draft adoption and progress has received full support from the WG.
   All comments have been addressed.  The draft is ready for publication.

   There is discussion in NetMod about the normative reference, schema mount,
   but even if the changes currently in discussion (not written down) were to
   happen, the only impact would be (allegedly) on the appendix.  The normal
   process of holding an RFC publication until its references are done should 
   suffice.

Document Quality

The draft went through initial reviews by YANG-Doctors and the quality is good.
A subset of the proposed model has been implemented.
The draft (version-02) has been reviewed by Routing Directorate QA and YANG Doctors.

Personnel

Yingzhen Qu is the Document Shepherd.
Alia Atlas is the Responsible Area Director.