Subject: RFC 8330 on OSPF Traffic Engineering (OSPF-TE) Link Availability Extension for Links with Variable Discrete Bandwidth

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2018 17:35:32 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8330

        Title:      OSPF Traffic Engineering (OSPF-TE) Link 
                    Availability Extension for Links with Variable 
                    Discrete Bandwidth 
        Author:     H. Long, 
                    M. Ye,
                    G. Mirsky,
                    A. D'Alessandro,
                    H. Shah
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 19206
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ccamp-ospf-availability-extension-13.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8330

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8330

A network may contain links with variable discrete bandwidth, e.g.,
microwave and copper.  The bandwidth of such links may change
discretely in response to a changing external environment.  The word
"availability" is typically used to describe such links during network
planning.  This document defines a new type of Generalized Switching
Capability-Specific Information (SCSI) TLV to extend the Generalized
Multiprotocol Label Switching (GMPLS) Open Shortest Path First (OSPF)
routing protocol.  The extension can be used for route computation in
a network that contains links with variable discrete bandwidth.
Note that this document only covers the mechanisms by which the
availability information is distributed.  The mechanisms by which
availability information of a link is determined and the use of the
distributed information for route computation are outside the scope
of this document.  It is intended that technology-specific documents
will reference this document to describe specific uses.

This document is a product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC