Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-i2rs-rib-info-model-14.txt> (Routing Information Base Info Model) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2018 10:25:40 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Interface to the Routing System WG
(i2rs) to consider the following document: - 'Routing Information Base Info
Model'
  <draft-ietf-i2rs-rib-info-model-14.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-03-30. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Routing and routing functions in enterprise and carrier networks are
   typically performed by network devices (routers and switches) using a
   routing information base (RIB).  Protocols and configuration push
   data into the RIB and the RIB manager installs state into the
   hardware; for packet forwarding.  This draft specifies an information
   model for the RIB to enable defining a standardized data model, and
   it was used by the IETF's I2RS WG to design the I2RS RIB data model.
   It is being published to record the higher level informational model
   decisions for RIBs so that other developers of RIBs may benefit from
   the design concepts.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2rs-rib-info-model/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2rs-rib-info-model/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.