Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-lisp-signal-free-multicast-07.txt> (Signal-Free LISP Multicast) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2018 09:52:10 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Locator/ID Separation Protocol WG
(lisp) to consider the following document: - 'Signal-Free LISP Multicast'
  <draft-ietf-lisp-signal-free-multicast-07.txt> as Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-02-27. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   When multicast sources and receivers are active at LISP sites, the
   core network is required to use native multicast so packets can be
   delivered from sources to group members.  When multicast is not
   available to connect the multicast sites together, a signal-free
   mechanism can be used to allow traffic to flow between sites.  The
   mechanism within here uses unicast replication and encapsulation over
   the core network for the data-plane and uses the LISP mapping
   database system so encapsulators at the source LISP multicast site
   can find decapsulators at the receiver LISP multicast sites.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lisp-signal-free-multicast/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lisp-signal-free-multicast/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.