Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-6man-ndpioiana-02.txt> (IPv6 ND PIO Flags IANA considerations) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 10:11:49 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Maintenance WG (6man) to
consider the following document: - 'IPv6 ND PIO Flags IANA considerations'
  <draft-ietf-6man-ndpioiana-02.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-03-06. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Prefix Information Option in the IPv6 Neighbor Discovery Router
   Advertisement defines an 8-bit flag field with two flags defined and
   the remaining 6 bits reserved (Reserved1).  RFC 6275 has defined a
   new flag from this field without creating a IANA registry or updating
   RFC 4861.  The purpose of this document is to request that IANA to
   create a new registry for the PIO flags to avoid potential conflict
   in the use of these flags.  This document updates RFC 4861.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-ndpioiana/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-ndpioiana/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.