Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-i2rs-rib-info-model-13.txt> (Routing Information Base Info Model) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2018 15:36:49 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Interface to the Routing System WG
(i2rs) to consider the following document: - 'Routing Information Base Info
Model'
  <draft-ietf-i2rs-rib-info-model-13.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-02-23. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Routing and routing functions in enterprise and carrier networks are
   typically performed by network devices (routers and switches) using a
   routing information base (RIB).  Protocols and configuration push
   data into the RIB and the RIB manager installs state into the
   hardware; for packet forwarding.  This draft specifies a information
   model for the RIB to enable defining a standardized data model.  Such
   a data model can be used to define an interface to the RIB from an
   entity that may even be external to the network device.  This
   interface can be used to support new use-cases being defined by the
   IETF I2RS WG.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2rs-rib-info-model/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2rs-rib-info-model/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.