Subject: RFC 8312 on CUBIC for Fast Long-Distance Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2018 19:21:15 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8312

        Title:      CUBIC for Fast Long-Distance Networks 
        Author:     I. Rhee, 
                    L. Xu,
                    S. Ha, 
                    A. Zimmermann,
                    L. Eggert, 
                    R. Scheffenegger
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 42194
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tcpm-cubic-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8312

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8312

CUBIC is an extension to the current TCP standards.  It differs from
the current TCP standards only in the congestion control algorithm on
the sender side.  In particular, it uses a cubic function instead of
a linear window increase function of the current TCP standards to
improve scalability and stability under fast and long-distance
networks.  CUBIC and its predecessor algorithm have been adopted as
defaults by Linux and have been used for many years.  This document
provides a specification of CUBIC to enable third-party
implementations and to solicit community feedback through
experimentation on the performance of CUBIC.

This document is a product of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC