Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-hip-dex-06.txt> (HIP Diet EXchange (DEX)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2018 06:17:11 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Host Identity Protocol WG (hip) to
consider the following document: - 'HIP Diet EXchange (DEX)'
  <draft-ietf-hip-dex-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-02-26. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies the Host Identity Protocol Diet EXchange (HIP
   DEX), a variant of the Host Identity Protocol Version 2 (HIPv2).  The
   HIP DEX protocol design aims at reducing the overhead of the employed
   cryptographic primitives by omitting public-key signatures and hash
   functions.  In doing so, the main goal is to still deliver similar
   security properties to HIPv2.

   The HIP DEX protocol is primarily designed for computation or memory-
   constrained sensor/actuator devices.  Like HIPv2, it is expected to
   be used together with a suitable security protocol such as the
   Encapsulated Security Payload (ESP) for the protection of upper layer
   protocol data.  In addition, HIP DEX can also be used as a keying
   mechanism for security primitives at the MAC layer, e.g., for IEEE
   802.15.4 networks.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-hip-dex/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-hip-dex/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    draft-moskowitz-hip-dex: HIP Diet EXchange (DEX) (None - )
    draft-moskowitz-hip-rg-dex: HIP Diet EXchange (DEX) (None - )