Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-trill-over-ip-14.txt> (TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links) Over IP Transport) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 16:26:42 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Transparent Interconnection of Lots
of Links WG (trill) to consider the following document: - 'TRILL (Transparent
Interconnection of Lots of Links) Over IP Transport'
  <draft-ietf-trill-over-ip-14.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-03-06. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links) protocol
   supports both point-to-point and multi-access links and is designed
   so that a variety of link protocols can be used between TRILL switch
   ports. This document specifies transmission of encapsulated TRILL
   data and TRILL IS-IS over IP (v4 or v6) transport. so as to use an IP
   network as a TRILL link in a unified TRILL campus. This document
   updates RFC 7177 and updates RFC 7178.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-over-ip/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-over-ip/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc7348: Virtual eXtensible Local Area Network (VXLAN): A Framework for Overlaying Virtualized Layer 2 Networks over Layer 3 Networks (Informational - Independent Submission Editor stream)
    draft-ietf-tsvwg-le-phb: A Lower Effort Per-Hop Behavior (LE PHB) (None - IETF stream)