Subject: Last Call: <draft-housley-suite-b-to-historic-03.txt> (Reclassification of Suite B Documents to Historic Status) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2018 12:05:37 -0800

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider the
following document: - 'Reclassification of Suite B Documents to Historic
Status'
  <draft-housley-suite-b-to-historic-03.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-03-16. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document reclassifies the RFCs related to the U.S.  National
   Security Agency (NSA) Suite B cryptographic algorithms as Historic,
   and it discusses the reasons for doing so.  This document moves seven
   informational RFCs to Historic Status: RFC 5759, RFC 6239, RFC 6318,
   RFC 6379, RFC 6380, RFC 6403, and RFC 6460.  In addition, this
   document moves three obsolete informational RFCs to Historic Status:
   RFC 4869, RFC 5008, and RFC 5430.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-housley-suite-b-to-historic/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-housley-suite-b-to-historic/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.