Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-sidr-slurm-06.txt> (Simplified Local internet nUmber Resource Management with the RPKI) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2018 09:18:04 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Secure Inter-Domain Routing WG
(sidr) to consider the following document: - 'Simplified Local internet
nUmber Resource Management with the RPKI'
  <draft-ietf-sidr-slurm-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-02-21. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) is a global
   authorization infrastructure that allows the holder of Internet
   Number Resources (INRs) to make verifiable statements about those
   resources.  Network operators, e.g., Internet Service Providers
   (ISPs), can use the RPKI to validate BGP route origination
   assertions.  In the future, ISPs also will be able to use the RPKI to
   validate the path of a BGP route.  However, ISPs may want to
   establish a local view of the RPKI to control its own network while
   making use of RPKI data.  The mechanisms described in this document
   provide a simple way to enable INR holders to establish a local,
   customized view of the RPKI, overriding global RPKI repository data
   as needed.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-slurm/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-slurm/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.