Subject: Last Call: <draft-kucherawy-dispatch-zstd-01.txt> (Zstandard Compression and The application/zstd Media Type) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 11:29:06 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider the
following document: - 'Zstandard Compression and The application/zstd Media
Type'
  <draft-kucherawy-dispatch-zstd-01.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-04-23. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Zstandard, or "zstd" (pronounced "zee standard"), is a data
   compression mechanism.  This document describes the mechanism, and
   registers a media type to be used when transporting zstd-compressed
   via Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME).

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kucherawy-dispatch-zstd/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kucherawy-dispatch-zstd/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.