Subject: RFC 8332 on Use of RSA Keys with SHA-256 and SHA-512 in the Secure Shell (SSH) Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2018 15:23:27 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8332

        Title:      Use of RSA Keys with SHA-256 and SHA-512 
                    in the Secure Shell (SSH) Protocol 
        Author:     D. Bider
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 17873
        Updates:    RFC 4252, RFC 4253

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-curdle-rsa-sha2-12.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8332

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8332

This memo updates RFCs 4252 and 4253 to define new public key
algorithms for use of RSA keys with SHA-256 and SHA-512 for server
and client authentication in SSH connections.

This document is a product of the CURves, Deprecating and a Little more Encryption Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC