Subject: Protocol Action: 'Interconnect Solution for EVPN Overlay networks' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-bess-dci-evpn-overlay-10.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 08:58:24 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Interconnect Solution for EVPN Overlay networks'
  (draft-ietf-bess-dci-evpn-overlay-10.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the BGP Enabled ServiceS Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-dci-evpn-overlay/

Technical Summary

   This document describes how Network Virtualization Overlays (NVO) can
   be connected to a Wide Area Network (WAN) in order to extend the
   layer-2 connectivity required for some tenants. The solution analyzes
   the interaction between NVO networks running Ethernet Virtual Private
   Networks (EVPN) and other L2VPN technologies used in the WAN.  It also 
   describes how the existing Technical Specifications apply to the Interconnection
   and extends the EVPN procedures needed in some cases. 

Working Group Summary

  Nothing specific to note -- support from the WG.

Document Quality

   Several implementations of this technology exist.
   The Document is clear and well written.

Personnel

   Martin Vigoureux is the Document Shepherd
   Alvaro Retana is the Responsible AD