Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-bess-evpn-prefix-advertisement-10.txt> (IP Prefix Advertisement in EVPN) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 14:26:38 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the BGP Enabled ServiceS WG (bess) to
consider the following document: - 'IP Prefix Advertisement in EVPN'
  <draft-ietf-bess-evpn-prefix-advertisement-10.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-04-10. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   EVPN provides a flexible control plane that allows intra-subnet
   connectivity in an MPLS and/or NVO-based network. In some networks,
   there is also a need for a dynamic and efficient inter-subnet
   connectivity across Tenant Systems and End Devices that can be
   physical or virtual and do not necessarily participate in dynamic
   routing protocols. This document defines a new EVPN route type for
   the advertisement of IP Prefixes and explains some use-case examples
   where this new route-type is used.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-prefix-advertisement/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-prefix-advertisement/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.