Subject: Protocol Action: 'Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links (TRILL): Multi-Topology' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-trill-multi-topology-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2018 11:00:17 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links (TRILL): Multi-Topology'
  (draft-ietf-trill-multi-topology-06.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of
Links Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-multi-topology/

Technical Summary

   This document specifies extensions to the IETF TRILL (Transparent
   Interconnection of Lots of Links) protocol to support multi-topology
   routing of unicast and multi-destination traffic based on IS-IS
   (Intermediate System to Intermediate System) multi-topology specified
   in RFC 5120. This document updates RFC 6325 and RFC 7177.

Working Group Summary

Strong Consensus as part of the solution for 
 WG milestones on multiple topology. 

Document Quality

Engineering on Technology good. 
Document has been through strong editing by 
main author to remove "engineering-english". 

Donald Eastlake has been an editor for 
IEEE documents, you will find this influnces his style.

Personnel

 Shepherd: Susan Hares 
 AD:  Alia Atlas