Subject: RFC 8338 on Signaling Root-Initiated Point-to-Multipoint Pseudowire Using LDP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 15:32:51 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8338

        Title:      Signaling Root-Initiated Point-to-Multipoint 
                    Pseudowire Using LDP 
        Author:     S. Boutros, Ed.,
                    S. Sivabalan, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 40885
        Updates:    RFC 7385

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pals-p2mp-pw-04.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8338

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8338

This document specifies a mechanism to signal Point-to-Multipoint
(P2MP) Pseudowire (PW) trees using LDP.  Such a mechanism is suitable
for any Layer 2 VPN service requiring P2MP connectivity over an IP or
MPLS-enabled PSN.  A P2MP PW established via the proposed mechanism
is root initiated.  This document updates RFC 7385 by reassigning the
reserved value 0xFF to be the wildcard transport tunnel type.

This document is a product of the Pseudowire And LDP-enabled Services Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC