Subject: Last Call: Reclassification of Suite B Documents to Historic Status

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 08:14:46 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual participant to make the
following status changes:

- RFC6239 from Informational to Historic
    (Suite B Cryptographic Suites for Secure Shell (SSH))

- RFC6318 from Informational to Historic
    (Suite B in Secure/Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (S/MIME))

- RFC6380 from Informational to Historic
    (Suite B Profile for Internet Protocol Security (IPsec))

- RFC6403 from Informational to Historic
    (Suite B Profile of Certificate Management over CMS)

- RFC6460 from Informational to Historic
    (Suite B Profile for Transport Layer Security (TLS))

- RFC6379 from Informational to Historic
    (Suite B Cryptographic Suites for IPsec)

- RFC5759 from Informational to Historic
    (Suite B Certificate and Certificate Revocation List (CRL) Profile)

- RFC5008 from Informational to Historic
    (Suite B in Secure/Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (S/MIME))

- RFC5430 from Informational to Historic
    (Suite B Profile for Transport Layer Security (TLS))

- RFC4869 from Informational to Historic
    (Suite B Cryptographic Suites for IPsec)

The supporting document for this request can be found here:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/status-change-suiteb-to-historic/

The Last Call for the Status Change, status-change-suiteb-to-historic, 
is related to the document, also in Last Call, for draft-housley-suite-b-to-historic.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-04-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

The affected documents can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc6239/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc6318/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc6380/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc6403/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc6460/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc6379/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc5759/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc5008/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc5430/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc4869/

IESG discussion of this request can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/status-change-suiteb-to-historic/ballot/