Subject: Last Call: Deprecating 3DES and RC4 in Kerberos (Status Change)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 07:25:51 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual participant to make the
following status changes:

- RFC4757 from Informational to Historic
    (The RC4-HMAC Kerberos Encryption Types Used by Microsoft Windows)

The supporting document for this request can be found here:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/status-change-kerberos-3des-rc4-to-historic/

The Last Call for the Status Change status-change-kerberos-3des-rc4-to-historic is related 
to the document, also in Last Call, for draft-ietf-curdle-des-des-des-die-die-die.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-04-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

The affected document can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc4757/

IESG discussion of this request can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/status-change-kerberos-3des-rc4-to-historic/ballot/

Please see the rationale in the associated draft:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-curdle-des-des-des-die-die-die/