Subject: WG Action: Rechartered Dynamic Host Configuration (dhc)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2018 09:39:04 -0800

The Dynamic Host Configuration (dhc) WG in the Internet Area of the IETF has
been rechartered. For additional information, please contact the Area
Directors or the WG Chairs.

Dynamic Host Configuration (dhc)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Current status: Active WG

Chairs:
  Bernie Volz <[email-masked]>
  Tomek Mrugalski <[email-masked]>

Assigned Area Director:
  Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>

Internet Area Directors:
  Terry Manderson <[email-masked]>
  Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>

Mailing list:
  Address: [email-masked]
  To subscribe: http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg
  Archive: https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/browse/dhcwg/

Group page: https://datatracker.ietf.org/group/dhc/

Charter: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-dhc/

The Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group (DHC WG) has developed DHCP
for automated allocation, configuration and management of IP addresses,
IPv6 prefixes, IP protocol stack and other parameters. DHCPv4 is
currently a Draft Standard and is documented in RFC 2131 and RFC 2132.
DHCPv6 is currently a Proposed Standard and is being updated. The WG
plans to advance the DHCPv6 protocol to Internet standard.

The DHC WG is responsible for defining DHCP protocol extensions.
Definitions of new DHCP options that are delivered using standard
mechanisms with documented semantics are not considered a protocol
extension and thus are generally outside of scope for the DHC WG. Such
options should be defined within their respective WGs or sponsored by an
appropriate AD and reviewed by DHCP experts in the Internet Area
Directorate. However, if such options require protocol extensions or new
semantics, the protocol extension work must be done in the DHC WG.

The DHC WG has the following main objectives:

1. Work on informational documents providing operational or implementation
advice about DHCPv6, as well as documents specifying standard mechanisms for
operating, administering and managing DHCPv6 servers, clients, and relay
agents.

2. Assist other WGs and independent submissions in defining options
(that follow RFC 7227 guidelines) and to assure DHCP operational
considerations are properly documented.

3. Issue an updated version of the DHCPv6 base specification, and after
an appropriate interval following publication, advance to Internet standard.

Milestones:

  Mar 2018 - WGLC draft-ietf-dhc-dhcp4o6-saddr-opt

  Mar 2018 - WGLC draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-forcerenew-extensions

  Mar 2018 - WGLC draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-lwm2m-bootstrap-options

  Aug 2018 - WGLC draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-yang

  Mar 2019 - Advance 3315bis RFC to Internet Standard