Subject: Last Call: <draft-hoffman-dns-in-json-13.txt> (Representing DNS Messages in JSON) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 09:06:21 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider the
following document: - 'Representing DNS Messages in JSON'
  <draft-hoffman-dns-in-json-13.txt> as Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-04-20. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Some applications use DNS messages, or parts of DNS messages, as
   data.  For example, a system that captures DNS queries and responses
   might want to be able to easily search those without having to decode
   the messages each time.  Another example is a system that puts
   together DNS queries and responses from message parts.  This document
   describes a general format for DNS message data in JSON.  Specific
   profiles of this document can be described in other documents for
   specific applications and usage scenarios.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hoffman-dns-in-json/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hoffman-dns-in-json/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.