Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-teas-actn-framework-13.txt> (Framework for Abstraction and Control of Traffic Engineered Networks) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 13:34:56 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Traffic Engineering Architecture and
Signaling WG (teas) to consider the following document: - 'Framework for
Abstraction and Control of Traffic Engineered Networks'
  <draft-ietf-teas-actn-framework-13.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-04-30. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Traffic Engineered networks have a variety of mechanisms to
   facilitate the separation of the data plane and control plane. They
   also have a range of management and provisioning protocols to
   configure and activate network resources. These mechanisms represent
   key technologies for enabling flexible and dynamic networking. The
   term "Traffic Engineered network" refers to a network that uses any
   connection-oriented technology under the control of a distributed or
   centralized control plane to support dynamic provisioning of end-to-
   end connectivity.

   Abstraction of network resources is a technique that can be applied
   to a single network domain or across multiple domains to create a
   single virtualized network that is under the control of a network
   operator or the customer of the operator that actually owns
   the network resources.

   This document provides a framework for Abstraction and Control of
   Traffic Engineered Networks (ACTN) to support virtual network
   services and connectivity services.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-actn-framework/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-actn-framework/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.