Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-lamps-rfc5750-bis-05.txt> (Secure/Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (S/ MIME) Version 4.0 Certificate Handling) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2018 13:57:33 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Limited Additional Mechanisms for
PKIX and SMIME WG (lamps) to consider the following document: -
'Secure/Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (S/ MIME) Version 4.0
   Certificate Handling'
  <draft-ietf-lamps-rfc5750-bis-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-04-27. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies conventions for X.509 certificate usage by
   Secure/Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (S/MIME) v4.0 agents.
   S/MIME provides a method to send and receive secure MIME messages,
   and certificates are an integral part of S/MIME agent processing.
   S/MIME agents validate certificates as described in RFC 5280, the
   Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Certificate and CRL Profile.
   S/MIME agents must meet the certificate processing requirements in
   this document as well as those in RFC 5280.  This document obsoletes
   RFC 5750.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lamps-rfc5750-bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lamps-rfc5750-bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc6979: Deterministic Usage of the Digital Signature Algorithm (DSA) and Elliptic Curve Digital Signature Algorithm (ECDSA) (Informational - Independent Submission Editor stream)