Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-httpbis-replay-02.txt> (Using Early Data in HTTP) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2018 08:01:55 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Hypertext Transfer Protocol WG
(httpbis) to consider the following document: - 'Using Early Data in HTTP'
  <draft-ietf-httpbis-replay-02.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-04-23. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document explains the risks of using early data for HTTP and
   describes techniques for reducing them.  In particular, it defines a
   mechanism that enables clients to communicate with servers about
   early data, to assure correct operation.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-replay/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-replay/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2018 08:48:24 +1000

+1

Sent from my iPhone

> On 14 Apr 2018, at 12:52 am, Julian Reschke <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Editorial nit:
> 
>>   [HEADERS]  Klyne, G., Nottingham, M., and J. Mogul, "Registration
>>              Procedures for Message Header Fields", BCP 90, RFC 3864,
>>              DOI 10.17487/RFC3864, September 2004,
>>              <https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc3864>.
> 
> appears as normative reference, but only occurs in the IANA Considerations. I believe an informative reference is sufficient.
> 
> Best regards, Julian
>