Subject: RFC 8369 on Internationalizing IPv6 Using 128-Bit Unicode

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2018 08:29:00 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8369

        Title:      Internationalizing IPv6 Using 128-Bit Unicode 
        Author:     H. Kaplan
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       1 April 2018 
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 24429
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-kaplan-unicode-ipv6-00.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8369

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8369

It is clear that Unicode will eventually exhaust its supply of code
points, and more will be needed.  Assuming ISO and the Unicode
Consortium follow the practices of the IETF, the next Unicode code
point size will be 128 bits.  This document describes how this future
128-bit Unicode can be leveraged to improve IPv6 adoption and finally
bring internationalization support to IPv6.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC