Subject: Last Call: <draft-hakala-urn-nbn-rfc3188bis-00.txt> (Using National Bibliography Numbers as Uniform Resource Names) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2018 14:39:06 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider the
following document: - 'Using National Bibliography Numbers as Uniform
Resource Names'
  <draft-hakala-urn-nbn-rfc3188bis-00.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-05-21. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   National Bibliography Numbers, NBNs, are used by the national
   libraries and other organizations in order to identify resources in
   their collections.  Generally, NBNs are applied to resources that are
   not catered for by established (standard) identifier systems such as
   ISBN.

   A URN (Uniform Resource Names) namespace for NBNs was established in
   2001 in RFC 3188.  Since then, several European national libraries
   have implemented URN:NBN-based systems.

   This document replaces RFC 3188 and defines how NBNs can be supported
   within the updated URN framework.  A revised namespace registration
   (version 4) compliant to RFC 8141 is included.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hakala-urn-nbn-rfc3188bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hakala-urn-nbn-rfc3188bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.