Subject: RFC 8352 on Energy-Efficient Features of Internet of Things Protocols

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2018 21:06:46 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8352

        Title:      Energy-Efficient Features of 
                    Internet of Things Protocols 
        Author:     C. Gomez,
                    M. Kovatsch,
                    H. Tian,
                    Z. Cao, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      24
        Characters: 61936
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-lwig-energy-efficient-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8352

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8352

This document describes the challenges for energy-efficient protocol
operation on constrained devices and the current practices used to
overcome those challenges.  It summarizes the main link-layer
techniques used for energy-efficient networking, and it highlights
the impact of such techniques on the upper-layer protocols so that
they can together achieve an energy-efficient behavior.  The document
also provides an overview of energy-efficient mechanisms available at
each layer of the IETF protocol suite specified for constrained-node
networks.

This document is a product of the Light-Weight Implementation Guidance Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC