Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-uta-mta-sts-15.txt> (SMTP MTA Strict Transport Security (MTA-STS)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2018 08:03:11 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Using TLS in Applications WG (uta)
to consider the following document: - 'SMTP MTA Strict Transport Security
(MTA-STS)'
  <draft-ietf-uta-mta-sts-15.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-04-23. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   SMTP Mail Transfer Agent Strict Transport Security (MTA-STS) is a
   mechanism enabling mail service providers to declare their ability to
   receive Transport Layer Security (TLS) secure SMTP connections, and
   to specify whether sending SMTP servers should refuse to deliver to
   MX hosts that do not offer TLS with a trusted server certificate.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-uta-mta-sts/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-uta-mta-sts/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2776/