Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-simulcast-12.txt> (Using Simulcast in SDP and RTP Sessions) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 09:26:20 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiparty Multimedia Session
Control WG (mmusic) to consider the following document: - 'Using Simulcast in
SDP and RTP Sessions'
  <draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-simulcast-12.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-04-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   In some application scenarios it may be desirable to send multiple
   differently encoded versions of the same media source in different
   RTP streams.  This is called simulcast.  This document describes how
   to accomplish simulcast in RTP and how to signal it in SDP.  The
   described solution uses an RTP/RTCP identification method to identify
   RTP streams belonging to the same media source, and makes an
   extension to SDP to relate those RTP streams as being different
   simulcast formats of that media source.  The SDP extension consists
   of a new media level SDP attribute that expresses capability to send
   and/or receive simulcast RTP streams.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-simulcast/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-simulcast/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2536/