Subject: RFC 8362 on OSPFv3 Link State Advertisement (LSA) Extensibility

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2018 21:08:24 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8362

        Title:      OSPFv3 Link State Advertisement (LSA) 
                    Extensibility 
        Author:     A. Lindem, 
                    A. Roy,
                    D. Goethals,
                    V. Reddy Vallem,
                    F. Baker
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      33
        Characters: 70850
        Updates:    RFC 5340, RFC 5838

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-lsa-extend-23.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8362

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8362

OSPFv3 requires functional extension beyond what can readily be done
with the fixed-format Link State Advertisement (LSA) as described in
RFC 5340.  Without LSA extension, attributes associated with OSPFv3
links and advertised IPv6 prefixes must be advertised in separate
LSAs and correlated to the fixed-format LSAs.  This document extends
the LSA format by encoding the existing OSPFv3 LSA information in
Type-Length-Value (TLV) tuples and allowing advertisement of
additional information with additional TLVs.  Backward-compatibility
mechanisms are also described.

This document updates RFC 5340, "OSPF for IPv6", and RFC 5838,
"Support of Address Families in OSPFv3", by providing TLV-based
encodings for the base OSPFv3 unicast support and OSPFv3 address
family support.

This document is a product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC