Subject: RFC 8367 on Wrongful Termination of Internet Protocol (IP) Packets

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2018 08:28:46 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8367

        Title:      Wrongful Termination of Internet Protocol (IP) Packets 
        Author:     T. Mizrahi, J. Yallouz
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       1 April 2018 
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 11450
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-tj-wrongful-termination-00.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8367

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8367

Routers and middleboxes terminate packets for various reasons.  In
some cases, these packets are wrongfully terminated.  This memo
describes some of the most common scenarios of wrongful termination
of Internet Protocol (IP) packets and presents recommendations for
mitigating them.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC