Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-ippm-2330-ipv6-04.txt> (IPv6, IPv4 and Coexistence Updates for IPPM's Active Metric Framework) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2018 06:21:43 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IP Performance Measurement WG (ippm)
to consider the following document: - 'IPv6, IPv4 and Coexistence Updates for
IPPM's Active Metric Framework'
  <draft-ietf-ippm-2330-ipv6-04.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-04-25. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo updates the IP Performance Metrics (IPPM) Framework RFC
   2330 with new considerations for measurement methodology and testing.
   It updates the definition of standard-formed packets in RFC 2330 to
   include IPv6 packets, deprecates the definition of minimum standard-
   formed packet, and augments distinguishing aspects of packets,
   referred to as Type-P for test packets in RFC 2330.  This memo
   identifies that IPv4-IPv6 co-existence can challenge measurements
   within the scope of the IPPM Framework.  Exemplary use cases include,
   but are not limited to IPv4-IPv6 translation, NAT, protocol
   encapsulation, IPv6 header compression, or use of IPv6 over Low-Power
   Wireless Area Networks (6LoWPAN).

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-2330-ipv6/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-2330-ipv6/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.