Subject: RFC 8363 on GMPLS OSPF-TE Extensions in Support of Flexi-Grid Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM) Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 10:21:49 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8363

        Title:      GMPLS OSPF-TE Extensions in Support of Flexi-Grid 
                    Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM) 
                    Networks 
        Author:     X. Zhang,
                    H. Zheng,
                    R. Casellas,
                    O. Gonzalez de Dios,
                    D. Ceccarelli
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 37332
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ccamp-flexible-grid-ospf-ext-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8363

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8363

The International Telecommunication Union Telecommunication
standardization sector (ITU-T) has extended its Recommendations
G.694.1 and G.872 to include a new Dense Wavelength Division
Multiplexing (DWDM) grid by defining channel spacings, a set of
nominal central frequencies, and the concept of the "frequency slot".
Corresponding techniques for data-plane connections are known as
"flexi-grid".

Based on the characteristics of flexi-grid defined in G.694.1 and in
RFCs 7698 and 7699, this document describes the Open Shortest Path
First - Traffic Engineering (OSPF-TE) extensions in support of GMPLS
control of networks that include devices that use the new flexible
optical grid.

This document is a product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC