Subject: Last Call: Moving RFC 4405, RFC 4406, RFC 4407 (Sender-ID) to Historic

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2018 09:20:58 -0700

The IESG has received a request from DMARC WG to make the
following status changes:

- RFC4405 from Experimental to Historic
    (SMTP Service Extension for Indicating the Responsible Submitter of an
    E-Mail Message)

- RFC4406 from Experimental to Historic
    (Sender ID: Authenticating E-Mail)

- RFC4407 from Experimental to Historic
    (Purported Responsible Address in E-Mail Messages)

The supporting document for this request can be found here:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/status-change-change-sender-id-to-historic/

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-06-06. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

The affected documents can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc4405/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc4406/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc4407/

IESG discussion of this request can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/status-change-change-sender-id-to-historic/ballot/