Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-payload-rtp-vc2hq-05.txt> (RTP Payload Format for VC-2 HQ Profile Video) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2018 16:38:26 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Audio/Video Transport Payloads WG
(payload) to consider the following document: - 'RTP Payload Format for VC-2
HQ Profile Video'
  <draft-ietf-payload-rtp-vc2hq-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-05-16. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo describes an RTP Payload format for the High Quality (HQ)
   profile of SMPTE Standard ST 2042-1 known as VC-2.  This document
   describes the transport of HQ Profile VC-2 in RTP packets and has
   applications for low-complexity, high-bandwidth streaming of both
   lossless and lossy compressed video.

   The HQ profile of VC-2 is intended for low latency video compression
   (with latency potentially on the order of lines of video) at high
   data rates (with compression ratios on the order of 2:1 or 4:1).

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-payload-rtp-vc2hq/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-payload-rtp-vc2hq/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.