Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-ldp-interop-11.txt> (Segment Routing interworking with LDP) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2018 14:11:47 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Source Packet Routing in Networking
WG (spring) to consider the following document: - 'Segment Routing
interworking with LDP'
  <draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-ldp-interop-11.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-05-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   A Segment Routing (SR) node steers a packet through a controlled set
   of instructions, called segments, by prepending the packet with an SR
   header.  A segment can represent any instruction, topological or
   service-based.  SR allows to enforce a flow through any topological
   path while maintaining per-flow state only at the ingress node to the
   SR domain.

   The Segment Routing architecture can be directly applied to the MPLS
   data plane with no change in the forwarding plane.  This document
   describes how Segment Routing operates in a network where LDP is
   deployed and in the case where SR-capable and non-SR-capable nodes
   coexist.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-ldp-interop/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-ldp-interop/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2456/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2277/