Subject: RFC 8388 on Usage and Applicability of BGP MPLS-Based Ethernet VPN

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 May 2018 08:43:58 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8388

        Title:      Usage and Applicability of BGP 
                    MPLS-Based Ethernet VPN 
        Author:     J. Rabadan, Ed.,
                    S. Palislamovic,
                    W. Henderickx,
                    A. Sajassi,
                    J. Uttaro
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      31
        Characters: 76431
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-bess-evpn-usage-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8388

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8388

This document discusses the usage and applicability of BGP MPLS-based
Ethernet VPN (EVPN) in a simple and fairly common deployment
scenario.  The different EVPN procedures are explained in the example
scenario along with the benefits and trade-offs of each option.  This
document is intended to provide a simplified guide for the deployment
of EVPN networks.

This document is a product of the BGP Enabled Services Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC