Subject: RFC 8398 on Internationalized Email Addresses in X.509 Certificates

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 May 2018 16:04:49 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8398

        Title:      Internationalized Email Addresses in 
                    X.509 Certificates 
        Author:     A. Melnikov, Ed.,
                    W. Chuang, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 26562
        Updates:    RFC 5280

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-lamps-eai-addresses-18.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8398

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8398

This document defines a new name form for inclusion in the otherName
field of an X.509 Subject Alternative Name and Issuer Alternative
Name extension that allows a certificate subject to be associated
with an internationalized email address.

This document updates RFC 5280.

This document is a product of the Limited Additional Mechanisms for PKIX and SMIME Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC