Subject: Protocol Action: 'Conveying path setup type in PCEP messages' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-pce-lsp-setup-type-10.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2018 13:11:12 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Conveying path setup type in PCEP messages'
  (draft-ietf-pce-lsp-setup-type-10.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Path Computation Element Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-lsp-setup-type/

Technical Summary

A Path Computation Element can compute traffic engineering paths (TE
paths) through a network that are subject to various constraints.
Currently, TE paths are label switched paths (LSPs) which are set up
using the RSVP-TE signaling protocol.  However, other TE path setup
methods are possible within the PCE architecture.  This document
proposes an extension to PCEP to allow support for different path
setup methods over a given PCEP session.

Working Group Summary

No controversy. The capability feature added after the 1st LC resulted
in a significant change, agreed on the list, and a 2nd WGLC.

Document Quality

There are several PCEP implementations supporting Segment Routing, which
implies the support of this I-D. The discussion on the list about backward
compatible changes showed the I-D is implemented.

Are there any reviewers that merit special mention as having done a thorough review,
e.g., one that resulted in important changes or a conclusion that the document had
no substantive issues?

As shepherd, Julien triggered the latest changes about a missing feature.

Personnel

   Who is the Document Shepherd for this document?  Julien Meuric
   Who is the Responsible Area Director? Deborah Brungard