Subject: Document Action: Suite B Cryptographic Suites for IPsec to Historic

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2018 08:07:31 -0700

The IESG has approved changing the status of the following document:
- Suite B Cryptographic Suites for IPsec
  (rfc6379) to Historic

This document action is documented at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/status-change-suiteb-to-historic/

A URL of the affected document is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc6379/

Status Change Details:

   Several RFCs profile security protocols for use with the National
   Security Agency (NSA) Suite B Cryptography.  Suite B is no longer
   supported by NSA, and the web pages that specify the cryptographic
   algorithms are no longer available.

   In July 2015, NSA published the Committee for National Security
   Systems Advisory Memorandum 02-15 as the first step in replacing
   Suite B with NSA's Commercial National Security Algorithm (CNSA)
   Suite.  Information about the CNSA Suite can be found in [CNSA].

draft-housley-suite-b-to-historic-02 [TODO: change to RFC #] documents the
full rationale for this change.

Personnel

   Eric Rescorla is the responsible Area Director.