Subject: RFC 8380 on Directory-Assisted Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links (TRILL) Encapsulation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 May 2018 23:04:32 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8380

        Title:      Directory-Assisted Transparent Interconnection 
                    of Lots of Links (TRILL) Encapsulation 
        Author:     L. Dunbar, 
                    D. Eastlake 3rd,
                    R. Perlman
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 23882
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-trill-directory-assisted-encap-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8380

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8380

This document describes how data center networks can benefit from 
non-RBridge nodes performing TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of 
Lots of Links) encapsulation with assistance from a directory 
service.

This document is a product of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC