Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-sfc-hierarchical-08.txt> (Hierarchical Service Function Chaining (hSFC)) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2018 07:28:46 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Service Function Chaining WG (sfc)
to consider the following document: - 'Hierarchical Service Function Chaining
(hSFC)'
  <draft-ietf-sfc-hierarchical-08.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-05-21. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Hierarchical Service Function Chaining (hSFC) is a network
   architecture allowing an organization to decompose a large-scale
   network into multiple domains of administration.

   The goals of hSFC are to make a large-scale network easier to reason
   about, simpler to control and to support independent functional
   groups within large network operators.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sfc-hierarchical/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sfc-hierarchical/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.