Subject: Protocol Action: 'A YANG Data Model for Routing Information Base (RIB)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-i2rs-rib-data-model-15.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2018 07:11:06 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'A YANG Data Model for Routing Information Base (RIB)'
  (draft-ietf-i2rs-rib-data-model-15.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Interface to the Routing System Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Deborah Brungard and Martin
Vigoureux.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2rs-rib-data-model/

Technical Summary

  This document defines a YANG data model for Routing Information Base
  (RIB) that aligns with the I2RS RIB information model.
 
  This yang data model complies with the network management datastore 
  architecture.  It can be loaded in configuration datastores or in dynamic
  datastores. 

Working Group Summary

  The I2RS WG and the authors have waited on the 
  NETMOD/NETCONF WG to complete its work on 
  revising the network management datastore architecture. 
  Now that the latter is completed the I2RS WG believes this Document
  can now itself progress.

Document Quality

  Some early implementations of this protocol existed as far back as 3 years ago. 

Personnel

 Susan Hares is the Document Shepherd
 Martin Vigoureux is the Responsible Area Director