Subject: RFC 8378 on Signal-Free Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP) Multicast

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 2 May 2018 14:44:52 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8378

        Title:      Signal-Free Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP) 
                    Multicast 
        Author:     V. Moreno,
                    D. Farinacci
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 47165
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-lisp-signal-free-multicast-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8378

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8378

When multicast sources and receivers are active at Locator/ID
Separation Protocol (LISP) sites, the core network is required to use
native multicast so packets can be delivered from sources to group
members.  When multicast is not available to connect the multicast
sites together, a signal-free mechanism can be used to allow traffic
to flow between sites.  The mechanism described in this document uses
unicast replication and encapsulation over the core network for the
data plane and uses the LISP mapping database system so encapsulators
at the source LISP multicast site can find decapsulators at the
receiver LISP multicast sites.

This document is a product of the Locator/ID Separation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC