Subject: RFC 8399 on Internationalization Updates to RFC 5280

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 May 2018 16:04:53 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8399

        Title:      Internationalization Updates to RFC 5280 
        Author:     R. Housley
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 19372
        Updates:    RFC 5280

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-lamps-rfc5280-i18n-update-04.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8399

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8399

The updates to RFC 5280 described in this document provide alignment with
the 2008 specification for Internationalized Domain Names (IDNs) and add
support for internationalized email addresses in X.509 certificates.

This document is a product of the Limited Additional Mechanisms for PKIX and SMIME Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC