Subject: RFC 8372 on MPLS Flow Identification Considerations

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 2 May 2018 14:44:49 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8372

        Title:      MPLS Flow Identification Considerations 
        Author:     S. Bryant,
                    C. Pignataro,
                    M. Chen,
                    Z. Li,
                    G. Mirsky
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 26645
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-flow-ident-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8372

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8372

This document discusses aspects to consider when developing a
solution for MPLS flow identification.  The key application that
needs this solution is in-band performance monitoring of MPLS flows
when MPLS is used to encapsulate user data packets.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC