Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-extra-imap-objectid-03.txt> (IMAP Extension for object identifiers) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2018 05:37:48 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Email mailstore and eXtensions To
Revise or Amend WG (extra) to consider the following document: - 'IMAP
Extension for object identifiers'
  <draft-ietf-extra-imap-objectid-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-07-13. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document updates RFC3501 (IMAP4rev1) with persistent identifiers
   on mailboxes and messages to allow clients to more efficiently re-use
   cached data when resources have changed location on the server.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-extra-imap-objectid/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-extra-imap-objectid/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.