Subject: RFC 8351 on The PKCS #8 EncryptedPrivateKeyInfo Media Type

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 22:36:23 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8351

        Title:      The PKCS #8 EncryptedPrivateKeyInfo Media Type 
        Author:     S. Leonard
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       June 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 14797
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-seantek-pkcs8-encrypted-03.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8351

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8351

This document registers the application/pkcs8-encrypted media type
for the EncryptedPrivateKeyInfo type of PKCS #8.  An instance of this
media type carries a single encrypted private key, BER-encoded as a
single EncryptedPrivateKeyInfo value.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC