Subject: Results of IETF-conflict review for draft-mavrogiannopoulos-pkcs8-validated-parameters-02

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2018 15:42:04 -0700

The IESG has completed a review of
draft-mavrogiannopoulos-pkcs8-validated-parameters-02 consistent with RFC5742.

The IESG recommends that 'Storing validation parameters in PKCS#8'
<draft-mavrogiannopoulos-pkcs8-validated-parameters-02.txt> NOT be published
as an Informational RFC.

  The IESG has concluded that this document extends an IETF protocol in
  a way that requires IETF review and should therefore not be published
  without IETF review and IESG approval.

The IESG would also like the Independent Submissions Editor to review the
comments in the datatracker related to this document and determine whether or
not they merit incorporation into the document. Comments may exist in both
the ballot and the history log.

The IESG review is documented at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/conflict-review-mavrogiannopoulos-pkcs8-validated-parameters/

A URL of the reviewed Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mavrogiannopoulos-pkcs8-validated-parameters/

The process for such documents is described at
https://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary