Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-regext-rdap-object-tag-03.txt> (Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) Object Tagging) to Best Current Practice

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2018 16:04:42 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Registration Protocols Extensions WG
(regext) to consider the following document: - 'Registration Data Access
Protocol (RDAP) Object Tagging'
  <draft-ietf-regext-rdap-object-tag-03.txt> as Best Current Practice

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-06-19. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) includes a method that
   can be used to identify the authoritative server for processing
   domain name, IP address, and autonomous system number queries.  The
   method does not describe how to identify the authoritative server for
   processing other RDAP query types, such as entity queries.  This
   limitation exists because the identifiers associated with these query
   types are typically unstructured.  This document updates RFC 7484 by
   describing an operational practice that can be used to add structure
   to RDAP identifiers that makes it possible to identify the
   authoritative server for additional RDAP queries.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-rdap-object-tag/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-rdap-object-tag/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc7484: Finding the Authoritative Registration Data (RDAP) Service (Proposed Standard - IETF stream)