Subject: RFC 8401 on Bit Index Explicit Replication (BIER) Support via IS-IS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2018 08:24:20 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8401

        Title:      Bit Index Explicit Replication (BIER) 
                    Support via IS-IS 
        Author:     L. Ginsberg, Ed.,
                    T. Przygienda,
                    S. Aldrin,
                    Z. Zhang
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 24287
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-bier-isis-extensions-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8401

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8401

This document defines IS-IS extensions to support multicast
forwarding using the Bit Index Explicit Replication (BIER)
architecture.

This document is a product of the Bit Indexed Explicit Replication Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC