Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dnsop-session-signal-10.txt> (DNS Stateful Operations) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 09:20:48 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Domain Name System Operations WG
(dnsop) to consider the following document: - 'DNS Stateful Operations'
  <draft-ietf-dnsop-session-signal-10.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-06-25. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a new DNS OPCODE for DNS Stateful Operations
   (DSO).  DSO messages communicate operations within persistent
   stateful sessions, using type-length-value (TLV) syntax.  Three TLVs
   are defined that manage session timeouts, termination, and encryption
   padding, and a framework is defined for extensions to enable new
   stateful operations.  This document updates RFC 1035 by adding a new
   DNS header opcode and result code which has different message
   semantics.  This document updates RFC 7766 by redefining a session,
   providing new guidance on connection re-use, and providing a new
   mechanism for handling session idle timeouts.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-session-signal/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-session-signal/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.