Subject: Document Action: 'A framework for Management and Control of microwave and millimeter wave interface parameters' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-ccamp-microwave-framework-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2018 09:33:05 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'A framework for Management and Control of microwave and millimeter
   wave interface parameters'
  (draft-ietf-ccamp-microwave-framework-07.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-microwave-framework/

Technical Summary

This document describes the required characteristics and use cases for
control and management of radio link interface parameters using a YANG
Data Model. It focuses on the benefits of a standardized   management
model that is aligned with how other packet technology interfaces in a
microwave/millimeter wave node are modeled, the need to support core
parameters and at the same time allow for optional product/feature specific
parameters supporting new, unique innovative features until they have
become mature enough to be included in the standardized model.

The purpose is to create a framework for identification of the necessary
information elements and definition of a YANG Data Model for control
and management of the radio link interfaces in a microwave/millimeter
wave node.

Working Group Summary

This document has been produced by a design team including all
the major vendors in the microwave industry. It has been reviewed
by the CCAMP and received comments both during the meetings and
on the mailing list. There was an intense discussion at the beginning
to place this work in relationship with the one carried on by the ONF,
but then an agreement was reached and the document widely supported.
   
Document Quality

All the major vendors participated to the work and wanted to be
member of the design team. They also participated to various IETF
hackathons and produced a paper for the IETF journal. No further
particular review is needed in addition to general ones to make sure
the document is fully understandable and well written.

Personnel

 Who is the Document Shepherd for this document?  Daniele Ceccarelli
 Who is the Responsible Area Director?  Deborah Brungard