Subject: Protocol Action: 'A YANG Data Model for L2VPN Service Delivery' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-l2sm-l2vpn-service-model-10.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2018 09:41:16 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'A YANG Data Model for L2VPN Service Delivery'
  (draft-ietf-l2sm-l2vpn-service-model-10.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the L2VPN Service Model Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Warren Kumari and Ignas Bagdonas.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l2sm-l2vpn-service-model/

Technical Summary

This document defines a YANG data model that can be used to configure
a Layer 2 Provider Provisioned VPN service.

This model is intended to be instantiated at management system to
deliver the overall service.  This model is not a configuration model
to be used directly on network elements, but provides an abstracted
view of the Layer 2 VPN service configuration components.  It is up
to a management system to take this as an input and generate specific
configurations models to configure the different network elements to
deliver the service.  How configuration of network elements is done
is out of scope of the document.

The data model in this document includes support for point-to-point
Virtual Private Wire Services (VPWS) and multipoint Virtual Private
LAN services (VPLS) that use Pseudowires signaled using the Label
Distribution Protocol (LDP) and the Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) as
described in RFC4761 and RFC6624.

Working Group Summary

This has been a relatively quiet WG, but there has been useful and
technical discussion on the list. WG meetings have brought in a few
additional voices raising valuablee points. The WG has also held
virtual interim meetings to dig into the open technical issues.

Document Quality

There is one known implementation in progress.
The document received a thorough review from Jan Lindblad as a YANG
expert. Jan was very familiar with the L3SM work and able to carry
this review across.

Personnel

Adrian Farrel is the document shepherd
Ignas Bagdonas is the responsible AD.