Subject: Document Action: 'Hierarchical Service Function Chaining (hSFC)' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-sfc-hierarchical-11.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 06:33:19 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Hierarchical Service Function Chaining (hSFC)'
  (draft-ietf-sfc-hierarchical-11.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Service Function Chaining Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Deborah Brungard and Martin
Vigoureux.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sfc-hierarchical/

Technical Summary

   Instead of considering a single SFC control plane that can manage 
   complete service paths from one end of the network
   to the other, the document adopts an approach that decomposes 
   large networks into smaller domains operated
   by as many SFC sub-domains (under the same administrative entity). 

   This approach is called: Hierarchical Service Function Chaining (hSFC)

   The goals of hSFC are to make a large-scale network easier to reason
   about, simpler to control and to support independent functional
   groups within large network operators.

Working Group Summary

   Two WGLCs were made for this document. The second one was mainly to confirm that the comments
   raised during the first call are well addressed. 
   
   There seems to be consensus in the working group that the document is ready for publication.

Document Quality

   The Document intended status is Informational.
   There is no known implementation.

Personnel

   Behcet Sarikaya is the Document Shepherd
   Martin Vigoureux is the Responsible AD