Subject: RFC 8412 on Software Inventory Message and Attributes (SWIMA) for PA-TNC

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2018 22:12:56 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8412

        Title:      Software Inventory Message and Attributes (SWIMA)
                    for PA-TNC 
        Author:     C. Schmidt, 
                    D. Haynes,
                    C. Coffin, 
                    D. Waltermire,
                    J. Fitzgerald-McKay
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      101
        Characters: 277030
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sacm-nea-swima-patnc-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8412

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8412

This document extends "PA-TNC: A Posture Attribute (PA) Protocol
Compatible with Trusted Network Connect (TNC)" (RFC 5792) by
providing specific attributes and message exchanges to allow
endpoints to report their installed software inventory information to
a NEA Server, as defined in "Network Endpoint Assessment (NEA):
Overview and Requirements" (RFC 5209).

This document is a product of the Security Automation and Continuous Monitoring Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC