Subject: RFC 8377 on Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links (TRILL): Multi-Topology

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2018 16:04:20 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8377

        Title:      Transparent Interconnection of Lots of 
                    Links (TRILL): Multi-Topology 
        Author:     D. Eastlake 3rd,
                    M. Zhang,
                    A. Banerjee
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 43177
        Updates:    RFC 6325, RFC 7177

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-trill-multi-topology-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8377

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8377

This document specifies extensions to the IETF TRILL (Transparent
Interconnection of Lots of Links) protocol to support multi-topology
routing of unicast and multi-destination traffic based on IS-IS
(Intermediate System to Intermediate System) multi-topology specified
in RFC 5120.  This document updates RFCs 6325 and 7177.

This document is a product of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC