Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-core-object-security-13.txt> (Object Security for Constrained RESTful Environments (OSCORE)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2018 14:04:08 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Constrained RESTful Environments WG
(core) to consider the following document: - 'Object Security for Constrained
RESTful Environments (OSCORE)'
  <draft-ietf-core-object-security-13.txt> as Proposed Standard

This is the Second IETF Last Call on the document, as the document has changed
significantly after IESG review and IETF community should be given a change
to review the changes. In particular interested readers should review updated
Section 11 (HTTP Operations) and newly added Appendix D (Overview of
Security Properties).

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-07-30. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines Object Security for Constrained RESTful
   Environments (OSCORE), a method for application-layer protection of
   the Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP), using CBOR Object
   Signing and Encryption (COSE).  OSCORE provides end-to-end protection
   between endpoints communicating using CoAP or CoAP-mappable HTTP.
   OSCORE is designed for constrained nodes and networks supporting a
   range of proxy operations, including translation between different
   transport protocols.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-object-security/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-object-security/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.