Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-sidrops-rpki-tree-validation-02.txt> (RPKI Certificate Tree Validation by the RIPE NCC RPKI Validator) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2018 09:49:38 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the SIDR Operations WG (sidrops) to
consider the following document: - 'RPKI Certificate Tree Validation by the
RIPE NCC RPKI Validator'
  <draft-ietf-sidrops-rpki-tree-validation-02.txt> as Informational RFC

An "Informational" specification is published for the general information of
the Internet community, and does not represent an Internet community
consensus or recommendation. The Informational designation is 
intended to provide for the timely publication of a very broad 
range of responsible informational documents from many 
sources, subject only to editorial considerations and to 
verification that there has been adequate coordination 
with the standards process (see section 4.2.3).

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-08-10. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes the approach to validate the content of the
   RPKI certificate tree, as it is implemented in the RIPE NCC RPKI
   Validator.  This approach is independent of a particular object
   retrieval mechanism.  This allows it to be used with repositories
   available over the rsync protocol, the RPKI Repository Delta
   Protocol, and repositories that use a mix of both.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidrops-rpki-tree-validation/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidrops-rpki-tree-validation/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.