Subject: Document Action: 'Zstandard Compression and The application/zstd Media Type' to Informational RFC (draft-kucherawy-dispatch-zstd-03.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2018 11:29:36 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Zstandard Compression and The application/zstd Media Type'
  (draft-kucherawy-dispatch-zstd-03.txt) as Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an IETF
Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Alexey Melnikov.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kucherawy-dispatch-zstd/

Technical Summary

   Zstandard, or "zstd" (pronounced "zee standard"), is a data
   compression mechanism.  This document describes the mechanism, and
   registers a media type to be used when transporting zstd-compressed
   via Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME), as well as
   a new HTTP Content Coding.

Working Group Summary

   This is not a product of an IETF WG.

Document Quality

   There are multiple implementations of "zstd" compression algorithm, see <http://facebook.github.io/zstd/>
   See also Section 5 of the draft.

Personnel

   Alexey Melnikov is the Responsible Area Director.