Subject: Last Call: <draft-sahib-451-new-protocol-elements-01.txt> (New protocol elements for HTTP Status Code 451) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2018 07:17:45 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider the
following document: - 'New protocol elements for HTTP Status Code 451'
  <draft-sahib-451-new-protocol-elements-01.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-07-30. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This draft recommends protocol updates to Hypertext Transfer Protocol
   (HTTP) status code 451 (defined by RFC7725) based on an examination
   of how the new status code is being used by parties involved in
   denial of Internet resources because of legal demands.  Also included
   is an analysis of HTTP 451 from a human rights perspective using
   guidelines from RFC8280.

   Discussion of this draft is at https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/
   hrpc [1] and https://lists.ghserv.net/mailman/listinfo/statuscode451
   [2].

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sahib-451-new-protocol-elements/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sahib-451-new-protocol-elements/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.