Subject: RFC 8423 on Reclassification of Suite B Documents to Historic Status

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2018 22:15:00 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8423

        Title:      Reclassification of Suite B Documents 
                    to Historic Status 
        Author:     R. Housley, 
                    L. Zieglar
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 15626
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-housley-suite-b-to-historic-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8423

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8423

This document reclassifies the RFCs related to the United States
National Security Agency (NSA) Suite B cryptographic algorithms as
Historic, and it discusses the reasons for doing so.  This document
moves seven Informational RFCs to Historic status: RFCs 5759, 6239,
6318, 6379, 6380, 6403, and 6460.  In addition, it moves three
obsolete Informational RFCs to Historic status: RFCs 4869, 5008, and
5430.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC