Subject: Last Call: <draft-york-p-charge-info-08.txt> (P-Charge-Info - A Private Header Field (P-Header) Extension to the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2018 12:06:38 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider the
following document: - 'P-Charge-Info - A Private Header Field (P-Header)
Extension to the
   Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)'
  <draft-york-p-charge-info-08.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-08-13. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This text documents the current usage of P-Charge-Info, an existing
   private Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) header field (P-Header)
   used to convey billing information about the party to be charged.
   This P-Header is currently used in production by several equipment
   vendors and carriers and has been in usage since at least 2007.  This
   document is submitted to request the registration of this header
   field with the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA).

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-york-p-charge-info/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-york-p-charge-info/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.