Subject: Protocol Action: 'Mtrace Version 2: Traceroute Facility for IP Multicast' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-mboned-mtrace-v2-25.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2018 08:31:23 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Mtrace Version 2: Traceroute Facility for IP Multicast'
  (draft-ietf-mboned-mtrace-v2-25.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the MBONE Deployment Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Warren Kumari and Ignas Bagdonas.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mboned-mtrace-v2/

Technical Summary

    This document describes the IP multicast traceroute facility.  Unlike
    unicast traceroute, multicast traceroute requires special
    implementations on the part of routers.  This specification describes
    the required functionality in multicast routers, as well as how
    management applications can use the router functionality.

Working Group Summary

    This draft has received solid support within the working group and no
    major controversies were noted.

Document Quality

    This draft has received significant input and comments during the
    working group meetings and on the mailing list.  During working
    group last call, several issues were brought up by one reviewer,
    but the author addressed all issues.

Personnel

    Lenny Giuliano is the Document Shepherd.
    Warren Kumari is the Responsible Area Director.
    (Originally this was Ron Bonica)