Subject: RFC 8403 on A Scalable and Topology-Aware MPLS Data-Plane Monitoring System

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2018 15:45:49 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8403

        Title:      A Scalable and Topology-Aware MPLS 
                    Data-Plane Monitoring System 
        Author:     R. Geib, Ed.,
                    C. Filsfils, 
                    C. Pignataro, Ed.,
                    N. Kumar
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 45212
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-spring-oam-usecase-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8403

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8403

This document describes features of an MPLS path monitoring system
and related use cases.  Segment-based routing enables a scalable and
simple method to monitor data-plane liveliness of the complete set of
paths belonging to a single domain.  The MPLS monitoring system adds
features to the traditional MPLS ping and Label Switched Path (LSP)
trace, in a very complementary way.  MPLS topology awareness reduces
management and control-plane involvement of Operations,
Administration, and Maintenance (OAM) measurements while enabling new
OAM features.

This document is a product of the Source Packet Routing in Networking Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC