Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-httpbis-expect-ct-07.txt> (Expect-CT Extension for HTTP) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2018 06:57:54 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Hypertext Transfer Protocol WG
(httpbis) to consider the following document: - 'Expect-CT Extension for HTTP'
  <draft-ietf-httpbis-expect-ct-07.txt> as Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-08-14. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a new HTTP header field, named Expect-CT, that
   allows web host operators to instruct user agents to expect valid
   Signed Certificate Timestamps (SCTs) to be served on connections to
   these hosts.  Expect-CT allows web host operators to discover
   misconfigurations in their Certificate Transparency deployments and
   ensure that misissued certificates accepted by UAs are discoverable
   in Certificate Transparency logs.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-expect-ct/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-expect-ct/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.