Subject: RFC 8408 on Conveying Path Setup Type in PCE Communication Protocol (PCEP) Messages

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2018 16:36:32 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8408

        Title:      Conveying Path Setup Type in 
                    PCE Communication Protocol (PCEP) Messages 
        Author:     S. Sivabalan, 
                    J. Tantsura,
                    I. Minei, 
                    R. Varga,
                    J. Hardwick
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 26276
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pce-lsp-setup-type-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8408

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8408

A Path Computation Element (PCE) can compute Traffic Engineering (TE)
paths through a network; these paths are subject to various
constraints.  Currently, TE paths are Label Switched Paths (LSPs)
that are set up using the RSVP-TE signaling protocol.  However, other
TE path setup methods are possible within the PCE architecture.  This
document proposes an extension to the PCE Communication Protocol
(PCEP) to allow support for different path setup methods over a given
PCEP session.

This document is a product of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC