Subject: RFC 8426 on Recommendations for RSVP-TE and Segment Routing (SR) Label Switched Path (LSP) Coexistence

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2018 16:23:18 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8426

        Title:      Recommendations for RSVP-TE and Segment 
                    Routing (SR) Label Switched Path (LSP) 
                    Coexistence 
        Author:     H. Sitaraman, Ed.,
                    V. Beeram,
                    I. Minei,
                    S. Sivabalan
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 26052
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-teas-sr-rsvp-coexistence-rec-04.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8426

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8426

Operators are looking to introduce services over Segment Routing (SR)
Label Switched Paths (LSPs) in networks running Resource Reservation
Protocol - Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE) LSPs.  In some instances,
operators are also migrating existing services from RSVP-TE to SR
LSPs.  For example, there might be certain services that are well
suited for SR and need to coexist with RSVP-TE in the same network.
Such introduction or migration of traffic to SR might require
coexistence with RSVP-TE in the same network for an extended period
of time, depending on the operator's intent.  The following document
provides solution options for keeping the traffic engineering
database consistent across the network, accounting for the different
bandwidth utilization between SR and RSVP-TE.

This document is a product of the Traffic Engineering Architecture and Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC