Subject: RFC 8427 on Representing DNS Messages in JSON

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 22:44:01 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8427

        Title:      Representing DNS Messages in JSON 
        Author:     P. Hoffman
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 30517
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-hoffman-dns-in-json-16.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8427

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8427

Some applications use DNS messages, or parts of DNS messages, as
data.  For example, a system that captures DNS queries and responses
might want to be able to easily search them without having to decode
the messages each time.  Another example is a system that puts
together DNS queries and responses from message parts.  This document
describes a general format for DNS message data in JSON.  Specific
profiles of the format in this document can be described in other
documents for specific applications and usage scenarios.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC