Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-softwire-mesh-multicast-22.txt> (IPv4 Multicast over an IPv6 Multicast in Softwire Mesh Network) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2018 05:39:58 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Softwires WG (softwire) to consider
the following document: - 'IPv4 Multicast over an IPv6 Multicast in Softwire
Mesh Network'
  <draft-ietf-softwire-mesh-multicast-22.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-09-06. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   During the transition to IPv6, there will be scenarios where a
   backbone network internally running one IP address family (referred
   to as the internal IP or I-IP family), connects client networks
   running another IP address family (referred to as the external IP or
   E-IP family).  In such cases, the I-IP backbone needs to offer both
   unicast and multicast transit services to the client E-IP networks.

   This document describes a mechanism for supporting multicast across
   backbone networks where the I-IP and E-IP protocol families differ.
   The document focuses on IPv4-over-IPv6 scenario, due to lack of real-
   world use cases for IPv6-over-IPv4 scenario.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-softwire-mesh-multicast/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-softwire-mesh-multicast/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.