Subject: RFC 8428 on Sensor Measurement Lists (SenML)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2018 17:56:02 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8428

        Title:      Sensor Measurement Lists (SenML) 
        Author:     C. Jennings, 
                    Z. Shelby,
                    J. Arkko, 
                    A. Keranen,
                    C. Bormann
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      54
        Characters: 114470
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-core-senml-16.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8428

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8428

This specification defines a format for representing simple sensor
measurements and device parameters in Sensor Measurement Lists
(SenML).  Representations are defined in JavaScript Object Notation
(JSON), Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR), Extensible
Markup Language (XML), and Efficient XML Interchange (EXI), which
share the common SenML data model.  A simple sensor, such as a
temperature sensor, could use one of these media types in protocols
such as HTTP or the Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) to
transport the measurements of the sensor or to be configured.

This document is a product of the Constrained RESTful Environments Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC