Subject: RFC 8424 on Extensions to RSVP-TE for Label Switched Path (LSP) Ingress Fast Reroute (FRR) Protection

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2018 16:56:24 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8424

        Title:      Extensions to RSVP-TE for Label Switched Path (LSP)
                    Ingress Fast Reroute (FRR) Protection 
        Author:     H. Chen, Ed.,
                    R. Torvi, Ed.
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Characters: 62022
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-teas-rsvp-ingress-protection-17.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8424

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8424

This document describes extensions to Resource Reservation Protocol -
Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE) for locally protecting the ingress node
of a Point-to-Point (P2P) or Point-to-Multipoint (P2MP) Traffic
Engineered (TE) Label Switched Path (LSP).  It extends the Fast
Reroute (FRR) protection for transit nodes of an LSP to the ingress
node of the LSP.  The procedures described in this document are
experimental.

This document is a product of the Traffic Engineering Architecture and Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC