Subject: RFC 8443 on Personal Assertion Token (PASSporT) Extension for Resource Priority Authorization

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2018 17:56:07 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8443

        Title:      Personal Assertion Token (PASSporT) Extension 
                    for Resource Priority Authorization 
        Author:     R. Singh, 
                    M. Dolly,
                    S. Das, 
                    A. Nguyen
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 21623
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-stir-rph-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8443

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8443

This document extends the Personal Assertion Token (PASSporT)
specification defined in RFC 8225 to allow the inclusion of
cryptographically signed assertions of authorization for the values
populated in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) 'Resource-Priority'
header field, which is used for communications resource
prioritization.

This document is a product of the Secure Telephone Identity Revisited Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC