Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dnsop-refuse-any-07.txt> (Providing Minimal-Sized Responses to DNS Queries that have QTYPE=ANY) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2018 08:59:11 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Domain Name System Operations WG
(dnsop) to consider the following document: - 'Providing Minimal-Sized
Responses to DNS Queries that have QTYPE=ANY'
  <draft-ietf-dnsop-refuse-any-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-09-04. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Domain Name System (DNS) specifies a query type (QTYPE) "ANY".
   The operator of an authoritative DNS server might choose not to
   respond to such queries for reasons of local policy, motivated by
   security, performance or other reasons.

   The DNS specification does not include specific guidance for the
   behaviour of DNS servers or clients in this situation.  This document
   aims to provide such guidance.

   This document updates RFC 1034 and RFC 1035.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-refuse-any/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-refuse-any/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.