Subject: RFC 8437 on IMAP UNAUTHENTICATE Extension for Connection Reuse

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2018 13:26:57 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8437

        Title:      IMAP UNAUTHENTICATE Extension for 
                    Connection Reuse 
        Author:     C. Newman
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 23574
        Updates:    RFC 3501

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-extra-imap-unauth-01.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8437

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8437

This specification extends the Internet Message Access Protocol
(IMAP) to allow an administrative client to reuse the same IMAP
connection on behalf of multiple IMAP user identities.

This document is a product of the Email mailstore and eXtensions To Revise or Amend Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC