Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-lisp-rfc6833bis-12.txt> (Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP) Control-Plane) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2018 08:17:44 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Locator/ID Separation Protocol WG
(lisp) to consider the following document: - 'Locator/ID Separation Protocol
(LISP) Control-Plane'
  <draft-ietf-lisp-rfc6833bis-12.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-08-31. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes the Control-Plane and Mapping Service for the
   Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP), implemented by two new types
   of LISP-speaking devices -- the LISP Map-Resolver and LISP Map-Server
   -- that provides a simplified "front end" for one or more Endpoint ID
   to Routing Locator mapping databases.

   By using this Control-Plane service interface and communicating with
   Map-Resolvers and Map-Servers, LISP Ingress Tunnel Routers (ITRs) and
   Egress Tunnel Routers (ETRs) are not dependent on the details of
   mapping database systems, which facilitates modularity with different
   database designs.  Since these devices implement the "edge" of the
   LISP Control-Plane infrastructure, connect directly to LISP-capable
   Internet end sites, and comprising the bulk of LISP-speaking devices,
   reducing their implementation and operational complexity should also
   reduce the overall cost and effort of deploying LISP.

   This document obsoletes RFC 6833.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lisp-rfc6833bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lisp-rfc6833bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    draft-ietf-lisp-6834bis: Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP) Map-Versioning (None - IETF stream)