Subject: Protocol Action: 'YANG Data Model for Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-bfd-yang-17.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2018 08:56:57 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'YANG Data Model for Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD)'
  (draft-ietf-bfd-yang-17.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Bidirectional Forwarding Detection
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Deborah Brungard and Martin
Vigoureux.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bfd-yang/

Technical Summary

   This document defines a YANG data model that can be used to configure
   and manage Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD).

   The YANG modules in this document conform to the Network Management
   Datastore Architecture (NMDA).

Working Group Summary

   This document went through multiple reviews within the working group over
   the course of its development.  Similar to other Yang modules that are
   intended to interwork with other modules, multiple revisions were required
   as part of changing IETF Yang module structures such as NMDA.  Additional
   review passes were done to ensure that modules were able to properly use BFD
   as a client mechanism.

   The current document represents a proper management framework for the most
   commonly deployed BFD profiles covered in the BFD RFCs.  Care was taken to
   ensure that as further work is done on the BFD protocol that the modules
   could be cleanly extended and maintained.

Document Quality

   There are currently no known implementations of this Yang module.
   Expert review was requested from the Yang Doctors, the Security Directorate,
   and the Routing Directorate.  All feedback was incorporated into this
   document prior to submission to the IESG.

Personnel

   Document Shepherd - Jeffrey Haas
   Responsible Area Director - Martin Vigoureux