Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dnsop-kskroll-sentinel-15.txt> (A Root Key Trust Anchor Sentinel for DNSSEC) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2018 05:39:21 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Domain Name System Operations WG
(dnsop) to consider the following document: - 'A Root Key Trust Anchor
Sentinel for DNSSEC'
  <draft-ietf-dnsop-kskroll-sentinel-15.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-09-06. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The DNS Security Extensions (DNSSEC) were developed to provide origin
   authentication and integrity protection for DNS data by using digital
   signatures.  These digital signatures can be verified by building a
   chain of trust starting from a trust anchor and proceeding down to a
   particular node in the DNS.  This document specifies a mechanism that
   will allow an end user and third parties to determine the trusted key
   state for the root key of the resolvers that handle that user's DNS
   queries.  Note that this method is only applicable for determining
   which keys are in the trust store for the root key.

   [ This document is being collaborated on in Github at:
   https://github.com/APNIC-Labs/draft-kskroll-sentinel.  The most
   recent version of the document, open issues, etc should all be
   available here.  The authors (gratefully) accept pull requests.  RFC
   Editor, please remove text in square brackets before publication. ]

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-kskroll-sentinel/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-kskroll-sentinel/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.