Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-ipsecme-split-dns-12.txt> (Split DNS Configuration for IKEv2) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2018 11:31:00 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IP Security Maintenance and
Extensions WG (ipsecme) to consider the following document: - 'Split DNS
Configuration for IKEv2'
  <draft-ietf-ipsecme-split-dns-12.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-08-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines two Configuration Payload Attribute Types for
   the IKEv2 protocol that add support for private DNS domains.  These
   domains are intended to be resolved using DNS servers reachable
   through an IPsec connection, while leaving all other DNS resolution
   unchanged.  This approach of resolving a subset of domains using non-
   public DNS servers is referred to as "Split DNS".

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipsecme-split-dns/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipsecme-split-dns/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.