Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-extra-imap-savedate-01.txt> (Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) - SAVEDATE Extension) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2018 08:21:50 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Email mailstore and eXtensions To
Revise or Amend WG (extra) to consider the following document: - 'Internet
Message Access Protocol (IMAP) - SAVEDATE Extension'
  <draft-ietf-extra-imap-savedate-01.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-08-30. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document adds a new capability called "SAVEDATE" to the Internet
   Message Access Protocol (IMAP).  It defines a new IMAP message
   attribute called 'save date' that, unlike the existing 'internal
   date' attribute, always indicates the moment at which the message was
   saved in its current mailbox.  The SAVEDATE capability extends the
   FETCH command with the means to retrieve the save date attribute and
   it extends the SEARCH command to allow using that attribute in
   searching criteria.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-extra-imap-savedate/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-extra-imap-savedate/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.