Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dhc-dhcp4o6-saddr-opt-04.txt> (Softwire Provisioning using DHCPv4 Over DHCPv6) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2018 10:44:52 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Dynamic Host Configuration WG (dhc)
to consider the following document: - 'Softwire Provisioning using DHCPv4
Over DHCPv6'
  <draft-ietf-dhc-dhcp4o6-saddr-opt-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-09-07. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   DHCPv4 over DHCPv6 (RFC7341) is a mechanism for dynamically
   configuring IPv4 over an IPv6-only network.  For DHCPv4 over DHCPv6
   to function with some IPv4-over-IPv6 softwire mechanisms and
   deployment scenarios, the operator needs to know the IPv6 address
   that the client will use as the source of IPv4-in-IPv6 softwire
   tunnel.  This address, in conjunction with the client's IPv4 address,
   and (in some deployments) the Port Set ID are used to create a
   binding table entry in the operator's softwire tunnel concentrator.
   This memo defines a DHCPv6 option to convey IPv6 parameters for
   establishing the softwire tunnel and a DHCPv4 option (to be used only
   with DHCP 4o6) to communicate the source tunnel IPv6 address between
   the DHCP 4o6 client and server.  It is designed to work in
   conjunction with the IPv4 address allocation process.

   This document updates "DHCPv6 Options for Configuration of Softwire
   Address and Port-Mapped Clients" (RFC7598), allowing OPTION_S46_BR
   (90) to be enumerated in the DHCPv6 client's ORO request and appear
   directly within subsequent messages sent by the DHCPv6 server.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcp4o6-saddr-opt/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcp4o6-saddr-opt/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.