Subject: Protocol Action: 'Vectors of Trust' to Proposed Standard (draft-richer-vectors-of-trust-15.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2018 17:34:12 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Vectors of Trust'
  (draft-richer-vectors-of-trust-15.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an IETF
Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Benjamin Kaduk.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-richer-vectors-of-trust/

Technical Summary

This document defines a mechanism for describing and signaling several aspects
that are used to calculate trust placed in a digital identity transaction.

Document Quality

This document has been extensively reviewed on the non-WG mailing [email-masked]
(https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/search/?email_list=vot) for about 3.5 years.    The
document history sections lists changes made based on mail list discussions. 
There also appears to be external interest in this draft.  Finally, there are some
implementations in the wild.  During IETF Last Call, thorough Gen-ART and secdir
reviews were received with only comparatively minor suggestions made.

Personnel

Sean Turner is the document shepherd.  Benjamin Kaduk is the responsible Area Director.
The IANA Experts for the registries in this document are Justin Richer and Leif Johansson.