Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-anima-bootstrapping-keyinfra-16.txt> (Bootstrapping Remote Secure Key Infrastructures (BRSKI)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2018 07:09:12 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Autonomic Networking Integrated
Model and Approach WG (anima) to consider the following document: -
'Bootstrapping Remote Secure Key Infrastructures (BRSKI)'
  <draft-ietf-anima-bootstrapping-keyinfra-16.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-10-02. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies automated bootstrapping of a remote secure
   key infrastructure (BRSKI) using manufacturer installed X.509
   certificate, in combination with a manufacturer's authorizing
   service, both online and offline.  Bootstrapping a new device can
   occur using a routable address and a cloud service, or using only
   link-local connectivity, or on limited/disconnected networks.
   Support for lower security models, including devices with minimal
   identity, is described for legacy reasons but not encouraged.
   Bootstrapping is complete when the cryptographic identity of the new
   key infrastructure is successfully deployed to the device but the
   established secure connection can be used to deploy a locally issued
   certificate to the device as well.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-anima-bootstrapping-keyinfra/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-anima-bootstrapping-keyinfra/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2816/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3233/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2463/

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc3542: Advanced Sockets Application Program Interface (API) for IPv6 (Informational - IETF stream)
    rfc7228: Terminology for Constrained-Node Networks (Informational - IETF stream)