Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-httpbis-rand-access-live-03.txt> (HTTP Random Access and Live Content) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2018 05:25:51 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Hypertext Transfer Protocol WG
(httpbis) to consider the following document: - 'HTTP Random Access and Live
Content'
  <draft-ietf-httpbis-rand-access-live-03.txt> as Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-10-12. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   To accommodate byte range requests for content that has data appended
   over time, this document defines semantics that allow a HTTP client
   and server to perform byte-range GET and HEAD requests that start at
   an arbitrary byte offset within the representation and ends at an
   indeterminate offset.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-rand-access-live/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-rand-access-live/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.