Subject: RFC 8465 on Using the Mobile Equipment Identity (MEID) URN as an Instance ID

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2018 09:48:52 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8465

        Title:      Using the Mobile Equipment Identity 
                    (MEID) URN as an Instance ID 
        Author:     R. Atarius, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 19952
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-atarius-dispatch-meid-urn-as-instanceid-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8465

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8465

This document specifies how the Uniform Resource Name (URN) namespace
reserved for the Third Generation Partnership Project 2 (3GPP2)
identities and its Namespace Specific String (NSS) for the Mobile
Equipment Identity (MEID) can be used as an Instance ID.  The purpose
of this Instance ID is to fulfill the requirements for defining how a
specific URN needs to be constructed and used in the "+sip.instance"
Contact header field parameter for outbound behavior.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC