Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-teas-assoc-corouted-bidir-frr-06.txt> (Updates to the Fast Reroute Procedures for Co-routed Associated Bidirectional Label Switched Paths (LSPs)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2018 10:45:46 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Traffic Engineering Architecture and
Signaling WG (teas) to consider the following document: - 'Updates to the
Fast Reroute Procedures for Co-routed Associated
   Bidirectional Label Switched Paths (LSPs)'
  <draft-ietf-teas-assoc-corouted-bidir-frr-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-09-20. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Resource Reservation Protocol (RSVP) association signaling can be
   used to bind two unidirectional LSPs into an associated bidirectional
   LSP.  When an associated bidirectional LSP is co-routed, the reverse
   LSP follows the same path as its forward LSP.  This document updates
   the Fast Reroute (FRR) procedures defined in RFC 4090 to support both
   single-sided and double-sided provisioned associated bidirectional
   LSPs.  This document also updates the procedure for associating two
   reverse LSPs defined in RFC 7551 to support co-routed bidirectional
   LSPs.  The FRR procedures can ensure that for the co-routed LSPs,
   traffic flows on co-routed paths in the forward and reverse
   directions after a failure event.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-assoc-corouted-bidir-frr/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-assoc-corouted-bidir-frr/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2781/