Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-detnet-architecture-08.txt> (Deterministic Networking Architecture) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2018 13:07:56 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Deterministic Networking WG (detnet)
to consider the following document: - 'Deterministic Networking Architecture'
  <draft-ietf-detnet-architecture-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-10-03. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document provides the overall Architecture for Deterministic
   Networking (DetNet), which provides a capability to carry specified
   unicast or multicast data flows for real-time applications with
   extremely low data loss rates and bounded latency.  Techniques used
   include: 1) reserving data plane resources for individual (or
   aggregated) DetNet flows in some or all of the intermediate nodes
   (e.g., bridges or routers) along the path of the flow; 2) providing
   explicit routes for DetNet flows that do not immediately change with
   the network topology; and 3) distributing data from DetNet flow
   packets over time and/or space to ensure delivery of each packet's
   data in spite of the loss of a path.  DetNet operates at the IP layer
   and delivers service over sub-network technologies such as MPLS and
   IEEE 802.1 TSN.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-detnet-architecture/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-detnet-architecture/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2710/