Subject: RFC 8461 on SMTP MTA Strict Transport Security (MTA-STS)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2018 09:52:30 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8461

        Title:      SMTP MTA Strict Transport Security 
                    (MTA-STS) 
        Author:     D. Margolis, 
                    M. Risher,
                    B. Ramakrishnan,
                    A. Brotman,
                    J. Jones
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      29
        Characters: 59461
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-uta-mta-sts-21.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8461

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8461

SMTP MTA Strict Transport Security (MTA-STS) is a mechanism enabling
mail service providers (SPs) to declare their ability to receive
Transport Layer Security (TLS) secure SMTP connections and to specify
whether sending SMTP servers should refuse to deliver to MX hosts
that do not offer TLS with a trusted server certificate.

This document is a product of the Using TLS in Applications Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC