Subject: RFC 8464 on A URN Namespace for Device Identity and Mobile Equipment Identity (MEID)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2018 09:48:35 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8464

        Title:      A URN Namespace for Device 
                    Identity and Mobile Equipment Identity (MEID) 
        Author:     R. Atarius
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 21958
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-atarius-dispatch-meid-urn-18.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8464

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8464

This document defines a Uniform Resource Name (URN) namespace for the
Third Generation Partnership Project 2 (3GPP2) and a Namespace
Specific String (NSS) for the Mobile Equipment Identity (MEID).  The
structure of an MEID is 15 hexadecimal digits long and is defined in
the 3GPP2 to uniquely identify each individual mobile equipment
(e.g., a handset or mobile phone).  The 3GPP2 has a requirement to be
able to use an MEID as a URN.  This document fulfills that
requirement.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC