Subject: RFC 8451 on Considerations for Selecting RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report (XR) Metrics for the WebRTC Statistics API

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2018 06:30:26 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8451

        Title:      Considerations for Selecting RTP Control 
                    Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report (XR) Metrics 
                    for the WebRTC Statistics API 
        Author:     V. Singh, 
                    R. Huang,
                    R. Even,
                    D. Romascanu,
                    L. Deng
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 38823
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcweb-rtcp-xr-metrics-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8451

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8451

This document describes monitoring features related to media streams
in Web real-time communication (WebRTC).  It provides a list of
RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Sender Report (SR), Receiver Report (RR), and
Extended Report (XR) metrics, which may need to be supported by RTP
implementations in some diverse environments.  It lists a set of 
identifiers for the WebRTC's statistics API.  These identifiers are a set 
of RTCP SR, RR, and XR metrics related to the transport of multimedia 
flows.

This document is a product of the Metric Blocks for use with RTCP's Extended Report Framework Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC