Subject: RFC 8459 on Hierarchical Service Function Chaining (hSFC)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2018 17:21:41 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8459

        Title:      Hierarchical Service Function Chaining (hSFC) 
        Author:     D. Dolson, 
                    S. Homma,
                    D. Lopez,
                    M. Boucadair
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      29
        Characters: 58590
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sfc-hierarchical-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8459

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8459

Hierarchical Service Function Chaining (hSFC) is a network
architecture allowing an organization to decompose a large-scale
network into multiple domains of administration.

The goals of hSFC are to make a large-scale network easier to design,
simpler to control, and supportive of independent functional groups
within large network operators.

This document is a product of the Service Function Chaining Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC