Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-iasa2-trust-update-00.txt> (Update to the Selection of Trustees for the IETF Trust) to Best Current Practice

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2018 14:18:21 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IETF Administrative Support Activity
2 WG (iasa2) to consider the following document: - 'Update to the Selection
of Trustees for the IETF Trust'
  <draft-ietf-iasa2-trust-update-00.txt> as Best Current Practice

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-10-05. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo updates the selection of trustees for the IETF Trust.
   Previously, the Internet Administrative Oversight Committee (IAOC)
   members also acted as trustees but the IAOC has been eliminated as
   part of an update of the structure of the Internet Administrative
   Support Activity (IASA).  This memo specifies that the trustees shall
   be selected separately.

   This memo updates RFCs 4071 and 4371 with regards to the selection of
   trustees.  All other aspects of the IETF Trust remain as they are
   today.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-iasa2-trust-update/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-iasa2-trust-update/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.