Subject: Protocol Action: 'Providing Minimal-Sized Responses to DNS Queries that have QTYPE=ANY' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-dnsop-refuse-any-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2018 13:10:33 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Providing Minimal-Sized Responses to DNS Queries that have QTYPE=ANY'
  (draft-ietf-dnsop-refuse-any-07.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Domain Name System Operations Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Warren Kumari and Ignas Bagdonas.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-refuse-any/

Technical Summary

    The Domain Name System (DNS) specifies a query type (QTYPE) "ANY".
    The operator of an authoritative DNS server might choose not to
    respond to such queries for reasons of local policy, motivated by
    security, performance or other reasons. This document provides 
    specific behaviorial guidance for DNS servers and/or clients.

Working Group Summary

   There was some initial issues reaching consensus during WGLC, but 
    the authors worked out the specific issues with the working group 
    and the final version met with strong consensus. 

Document Quality

   The document is clear and well written.
    It contains an Implementation section discussing
    implementation experience, and is deployed in the
    Internet.

Personnel

  Document Shepherd is Tim Wicinski and
  Warren "Ace" Kumari is RAD!