Subject: RFC 8430 on RIB Information Model

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2018 09:51:50 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8430

        Title:      RIB Information Model 
        Author:     N. Bahadur, Ed.,
                    S. Kini, Ed.,
                    J. Medved
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Characters: 60982
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-i2rs-rib-info-model-17.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8430

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8430

Routing and routing functions in enterprise and carrier networks are
typically performed by network devices (routers and switches) using a
Routing Information Base (RIB).  Protocols and configurations push
data into the RIB, and the RIB manager installs state into the
hardware for packet forwarding.  This document specifies an
information model for the RIB to enable defining a standardized data
model.  The IETF's I2RS WG used this document to design the I2RS RIB
data model.  This document is being published to record the higher-
level information model decisions for RIBs so that other developers
of RIBs may benefit from the design concepts.

This document is a product of the Interface to the Routing System Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC