Subject: Last Call: <draft-wilde-service-link-rel-06.txt> (Link Relation Types for Web Services) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 06:57:58 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider the
following document: - 'Link Relation Types for Web Services'
  <draft-wilde-service-link-rel-06.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-11-20. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Many resources provided on the Web are part of sets of resources that
   are provided in a context that is managed by one particular service
   provider.  Often, these sets of resources are referred to as "Web
   Services" or "Web APIs".  This specification defines link relations
   for representing relationships from those resources to ones that
   provide documentation, descriptions, or metadata for these Web
   services.  Documentation is primarily intended for human consumers,
   whereas descriptions are primarily intended for automated consumers;
   metadata is supposed to be information about a service's context.  It
   also defines a link relation to identify status resources that are
   used to represent operational information about service status.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wilde-service-link-rel/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wilde-service-link-rel/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.