Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-stir-passport-shaken-04.txt> (PASSporT SHAKEN Extension (SHAKEN)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2018 17:00:56 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Secure Telephone Identity Revisited
WG (stir) to consider the following document: - 'PASSporT SHAKEN Extension
(SHAKEN)'
  <draft-ietf-stir-passport-shaken-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-11-02. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document extends PASSporT, which is a token object that conveys
   cryptographically-signed information about the participants involved
   in communications, to include information defined as part of the
   SHAKEN specification from ATIS (Alliance for Telecommunications
   Industry Solutions) and the SIP Forum IP-NNI Joint Task Force.  These
   extensions provide a level of confidence in the correctness of the
   originating identity for a telephone network that has communications
   coming from both STIR participating originating communications as
   well as communications that does not include STIR information.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-stir-passport-shaken/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-stir-passport-shaken/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.