Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-sipcore-originating-cdiv-parameter-05.txt> (A P-Served-User Header Field Parameter for Originating CDIV session case in Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2018 14:51:24 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Session Initiation Protocol Core WG
(sipcore) to consider the following document: - 'A P-Served-User Header Field
Parameter for Originating CDIV session
   case in Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)'
  <draft-ietf-sipcore-originating-cdiv-parameter-05.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-10-26. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The P-Served-User header field is used to convey the identity of the
   served user and the session case that applies to this particular
   communication session and application invocation.  This document
   updates RFC5502 by defining a new P-Served-User header field
   parameter, "orig-cdiv".  The parameter conveys the session case used
   by a proxy when handling an originating session after Call Diversion
   (CDIV) services have been invoked for the served user.  This document
   also fixes the ABNF in RFC 5502 and provides more guidance for using
   the P-Served-User header field in IP networks.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipcore-originating-cdiv-parameter/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipcore-originating-cdiv-parameter/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.