Subject: Last Call: <draft-wilde-sunset-header-07.txt> (The Sunset HTTP Header) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 06:28:38 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider the
following document: - 'The Sunset HTTP Header'
  <draft-wilde-sunset-header-07.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-11-20. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This specification defines the Sunset HTTP response header field,
   which indicates that a URI is likely to become unresponsive at a
   specified point in the future.  It also defines a sunset link
   relation type that allows linking to resources providing information
   about an upcoming resource or service sunset.

Note to Readers

   This draft should be discussed on the ART mailing list
   (<https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/art>).

   Online access to all versions and files is available on GitHub
   (<https://github.com/dret/I-D/tree/master/sunset-header>).

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wilde-sunset-header/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wilde-sunset-header/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.