Subject: RFC 8478 on Zstandard Compression and the application/zstd Media Type

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2018 17:18:06 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8478

        Title:      Zstandard Compression and the application/zstd 
                    Media Type 
        Author:     Y. Collet, 
                    M. Kucherawy, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      54
        Characters: 107180
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-kucherawy-dispatch-zstd-03.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8478

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8478

Zstandard, or "zstd" (pronounced "zee standard"), is a data
compression mechanism.  This document describes the mechanism and
registers a media type and content encoding to be used when
transporting zstd-compressed content via Multipurpose Internet Mail
Extensions (MIME).

Despite use of the word "standard" as part of its name, readers are
advised that this document is not an Internet Standards Track
specification; it is being published for informational purposes only.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC