Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dmarc-rfc7601bis-03.txt> (Message Header Field for Indicating Message Authentication Status) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2018 05:43:52 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Domain-based Message Authentication,
Reporting & Conformance WG (dmarc) to consider the following document: -
'Message Header Field for Indicating Message Authentication Status'
  <draft-ietf-dmarc-rfc7601bis-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-11-08. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies a message header field called Authentication-
   Results for use with electronic mail messages to indicate the results
   of message authentication efforts.  Any receiver-side software, such
   as mail filters or Mail User Agents (MUAs), can use this header field
   to relay that information in a convenient and meaningful way to users
   or to make sorting and filtering decisions.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dmarc-rfc7601bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dmarc-rfc7601bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.