Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-perc-double-10.txt> (SRTP Double Encryption Procedures) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2018 05:53:10 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Privacy Enhanced RTP Conferencing 
WG (perc) to consider the following document: - 'SRTP Double Encryption
Procedures'
  <draft-ietf-perc-double-10.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-11-01. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   In some conferencing scenarios, it is desirable for an intermediary
   to be able to manipulate some parameters in Real Time Protocol (RTP)
   packets, while still providing strong end-to-end security guarantees.
   This document defines a cryptographic transform for the Secure Real
   Time Protocol (SRTP) that uses two separate but related cryptographic
   operations to provide hop-by-hop and end-to-end security guarantees.
   Both the end-to-end and hop-by-hop cryptographic algorithms can
   utilize an authenticated encryption with associated data scheme or
   take advantage of future SRTP transforms with different properties.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-perc-double/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-perc-double/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.