Subject: RFC 8496 on P-Charge-Info: A Private Header Field (P-Header) Extension to the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2018 14:14:47 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8496

        Title:      P-Charge-Info: A Private Header Field (P-Header)                                         
                    Extension to the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) 
        Author:     D. York,
                    T. Asveren
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 24002
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-york-p-charge-info-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8496

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8496

This text documents the current usage of P-Charge-Info, an existing
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) private header field (P-Header)
used to convey billing information about the party to be charged.
This P-Header is currently used in production by several equipment
vendors and carriers and has been in use since at least 2007.  This
document details the registration of this header field with IANA.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC