Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-perc-srtp-ekt-diet-09.txt> (Encrypted Key Transport for DTLS and Secure RTP) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2018 05:55:38 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Privacy Enhanced RTP Conferencing 
WG (perc) to consider the following document: - 'Encrypted Key Transport for
DTLS and Secure RTP'
  <draft-ietf-perc-srtp-ekt-diet-09.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-11-01. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Encrypted Key Transport (EKT) is an extension to DTLS (Datagram
   Transport Layer Security) and Secure Real-time Transport Protocol
   (SRTP) that provides for the secure transport of SRTP master keys,
   rollover counters, and other information within SRTP.  This facility
   enables SRTP for decentralized conferences by distributing a common
   key to all of the conference endpoints.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-perc-srtp-ekt-diet/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-perc-srtp-ekt-diet/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3231/