Subject: RFC 8484 on DNS Queries over HTTPS (DoH)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2018 11:52:23 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8484

        Title:      DNS Queries over HTTPS (DoH) 
        Author:     P. Hoffman,
                    P. McManus
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 46879
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-doh-dns-over-https-14.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8484

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8484

This document defines a protocol for sending DNS queries and getting
DNS responses over HTTPS.  Each DNS query-response pair is mapped
into an HTTP exchange.

This document is a product of the DNS Over HTTPS Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC