Subject: RFC 8493 on The BagIt File Packaging Format (V1.0)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2018 22:17:16 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8493

        Title:      The BagIt File Packaging Format (V1.0) 
        Author:     J. Kunze, 
                    J. Littman,
                    E. Madden,
                    J. Scancella,
                    C. Adams
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       October 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 48783
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-kunze-bagit-17.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8493

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8493

This document describes BagIt, a set of hierarchical file layout
conventions for storage and transfer of arbitrary digital content.  A
"bag" has just enough structure to enclose descriptive metadata
"tags" and a file "payload" but does not require knowledge of the
payload's internal semantics.  This BagIt format is suitable for
reliable storage and transfer.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC