Subject: Document Action: 'RFC 4960 Errata and Issues' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-tsvwg-rfc4960-errata-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2018 23:10:29 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'RFC 4960 Errata and Issues'
  (draft-ietf-tsvwg-rfc4960-errata-08.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Transport Area Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Mirja Kühlewind and Spencer Dawkins.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rfc4960-errata/

Technical Summary

   This document is a compilation of issues found since the 
   publication of the SCTP protocol specification as RFC 4960 
   in September 2007 based on experience with implementing, 
   testing, and using SCTP along with the suggested fixes.  It 
   provides deltas to RFC4960 and is organized in a time-ordered 
   way.  The issues are listed in the order they were brought up. 

   Because some text is changed several times the last delta in 
   the text is the one that should be applied. In addition to the 
   delta, a description of the problem and the details of the 
   solution are also provided.

Working Group Summary

   This document was adopted 22nd August 2016, as an 
   Informational document to document the intended 
   changes to the base spec. This follows the same process 
   used to update RFC 2960 to RFC 4960 (where RFC 4460 
   documents the changes between the two spec). 
   Publication of RFC 4460 had the advantage that base spec 
   implementers updating RFC 2960, did not then have to  
   derive the changes between  the two RFCs. This process 
   also only required editorial work to complete publication 
   of RFC 4960.  Since this plan had worked well, the 
   implementers of SCTP requested the WG to proceed in 
   the same way for the present work. The resulting document 
   progressed with input from the WG and SCTP implementers 
   was subject of a WGLC comments in Dec 2017. A revised ID 
   was presented to TSVWG, and received support for publication. 

Document Quality

   There are existing implementations of the protocol. People 
   from the implementer community commented on and reviewed 
   this ID. The document represents consensus of the TSVWG.

Personnel

   Gorry Fairhurst is the Document Shepherd for this document.
   Spencer Dawkins is the Responsible Area Director.