Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-alto-cost-calendar-09.txt> (ALTO Cost Calendar) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2018 05:13:41 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Application-Layer Traffic
Optimization WG (alto) to consider the following document: - 'ALTO Cost
Calendar'
  <draft-ietf-alto-cost-calendar-09.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-11-28. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document is an extension to the base ALTO protocol [RFC7285].
   It extends the ALTO cost information service such that applications
   decide not only 'where' to connect, but also 'when'.  This is useful
   for applications that need to perform bulk data transfer and would
   like to schedule these transfers during an off-peak hour, for
   example.  This extension introduces ALTO Cost Calendars, with which
   an ALTO Server exposes ALTO cost values in JSON arrays where each
   value corresponds to a given time interval.  The time intervals as
   well as other Calendar attributes are specified in the Information
   Resources Directory and ALTO Server responses.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-alto-cost-calendar/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-alto-cost-calendar/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.