Subject: Protocol Action: 'Loop-Free Alternates selection for Multi-Homed Prefixes' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-rtgwg-multihomed-prefix-lfa-09.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 11:13:49 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Loop-Free Alternates selection for Multi-Homed Prefixes'
  (draft-ietf-rtgwg-multihomed-prefix-lfa-09.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Routing Area Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Deborah Brungard and Martin
Vigoureux.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-multihomed-prefix-lfa/

Technical Summary

This document shares experience gained from implementing algorithms
to determine Loop-Free Alternates for multi-homed prefixes.  In
particular, this document provides explicit inequalities that can be
used to evaluate neighbors as a potential alternates for multi-homed
prefixes.  It also provides detailed criteria for evaluating
potential alternates for external prefixes advertised by OSPF ASBRs.
This documents updates and expands some of the "Routing Aspects" as
specified in Section 6 of RFC5286.

Working Group Summary

This passed through the WG smoothly. Between the author team and
the reviewers many of the subject matter experts have read the text
and thus I have confidence that it is technically correct and a
useful extension to the work published in RFC5286

Document Quality

This is a clear and well written document. That enhances a widely
implemented IP fast-reroute protocol.

Personnel

 Stewart Bryant is the Document Shepherd.
 Martin Vigoureux is the Responsible Area Director