Subject: Last Call: <draft-arkko-trip-registry-update-00.txt> (Update to the TRIP IANA Registry Rules Regarding Postal Addresses) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2018 14:03:47 -0800

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider the
following document: - 'Update to the TRIP IANA Registry Rules Regarding
Postal Addresses'
  <draft-arkko-trip-registry-update-00.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-12-28. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo updates the IANA registry rules for the Telephony Routing
   over IP (TRIP) protocol, by no longer requiring that postal addresses
   be included in contact information.

   This memo updates RFC 3219.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-arkko-trip-registry-update/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-arkko-trip-registry-update/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.