Subject: Third Call for IETF Trust Nominations

From: NomCom Chair 2018 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2018 01:24:54 -0800

For the IETF Trust...

We currently have three nominees, however, we need more!

Important NOTE:  "The Trust is mostly a quiet organization, and being a trustee
generally involves little work beyond quarterly online meetings."

AND -- It is possible to be on the IETF Trust and also hold other IETF
leadership positions!

For more info:  https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2018/expertise/#ietf-trust 

Current Status:

    The following have accepted a nomination (Filling 3 slots):

    * Glenn Deen
    * Nathalie Trenaman
    * Ted Hardie

The Ask!

   The 2018-19 Nominating Committee (NomCom) is seeking nominations for the IETF
   Trust positions (three open slots) from now until November 28, 2018.

   NOTE:  This is the call for nominations for the IETF Trust, the previous calls
   for LLC Board Member and IETF Chair, IESG, and IAB are following their own
   time frames.

Background Information:

   The purpose of the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) Trust is to
   acquire, hold, maintain, and license certain existing and future
   intellectual property and other property used in connection with the
   administration of the IETF https://tools.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4371.txt [RFC4371].

   For more information see the "Discussion of the IASA 2.0 Changes as They
   Relate to the IETF Trust https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-iasa2-trust-rationale-00
   and Update to the Selection of Trustees for the IETF Trust
   https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-iasa2-trust-update-00.

Desired Experience:

   The Trust is mostly a quiet organization, and being a trustee generally
   involves little work beyond quarterly online meetings. Trustees ideally
   should be: 

      * Familiar with copyright and trademark law.
      * Familiar with the RFC publication process as described in RFC 6635
        and related documents.
      * Familiar with the Trust's copyright licenses and with RFCs 5377 and
        5378.
      * Willing to serve multiple terms as a trustee to provide continuity of
        oversight.

Mechanics of Nomination:

   Nominations may be made by selecting the Nominate link at the top of the 
   NomCom 2018 home page, or by visiting the following URL: 

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2018/nominate/ 

   Note:  Nominations made using the web tool require an ietf.org datatracker
   account. You can create a datatracker ietf.org account if you don't have one 
   already by visiting the following URL: 
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/accounts/create/

   If you are unable to use the web form, nominations may instead be made by 
   email to nomcom-18 at ietf dot org. If using email, please include the word 
   "Nominate" in the Subject and indicate in the email who is being nominated, 
   their email address (to confirm acceptance of the nomination), and the 
   position for which you are making the nomination. If you are nominating 
   someone other than yourself, please tell us if we may tell the nominee that 
   you were the one who made the nomination. If you wish to nominate someone via 
   email for more than one position, please use separate emails to do so. 

   Self-nomination is welcome! 

   Willing nominees will be asked to fill out a questionnaire specific to the 
   position for which they are nominated. The questionnaires will have a
   submission deadline of December 5, 2018. 

   NomCom 2018-19 will follow the policy for "Open Disclosure of Willing 
   Nominees" described in BCP 10/RFC 7437. As stated in RFC 7437: "The list of 
   nominees willing to be considered for positions under review in the current 
   NomCom cycle is not confidential". Willing nominees for each position will be 
   listed in a publicly accessible way, e.g., anyone with a datatracker account 
   may access the lists. Additionally, the nomination form asks if we may share 
   your own name with the nominee. In all other ways, the confidentiality 
   requirements of BCP 10 remain in effect. All feedback and all NomCom 
   deliberations will remain confidential and will not be disclosed. 

   There is a field on the form you can mark in order to allow the NomCom to 
   tell the nominee that you were the one who made the nomination. This defaults 
   to “no” - so if you don't mark the field we won’t tell. 

   In order to ensure time to collect sufficient community feedback about each 
   of the willing nominees, nominations must be received by the NomCom on or 
   before November 28, 2018. 

Schedule from: https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2018/
The work phase for IETF Trust:
 * Monday, October 15, 2018: NomCom Receives Guidance
 * Wednesday, October 17, 2018: NomCom Call for nominations (with job
   descriptions and questionnaires available)
 * Wednesday, November 28, 2018: Deadline for nominations
 * Wednesday, December 5, 2018: Nominee questionnaire deadline
 * Wednesday, December 5, 2018: Start scheduling eInterview
 * Wednesday, January 16, 2019: Deadline for community feedback
 * Wednesday, January 16, 2019: Completed all IETF Trust eInterviews
 * Wednesday, February 13, 2019: The IETF Trust deliberations and the slate
   process completes and NomCom sends slate to confirming body.
   (NomCom's aspirational date.)
 * March 23-29, 2019: IETF 104 (Prague) NomCom reports

Action!

   Please submit your nominations as early as possible for the sake of your 
   nominees.  

   Please be resourceful in identifying possible candidates for these
   positions. 

   More information is available by visiting the NomCom homepage: 

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2018/

   Please send suggestions and feedback to nomcom-18 at ietf dot org. 

   Thank you for your help in identifying qualified nominees! 

regards,
-scott. 

Scott Mansfield
scott dot mansfield at ericsson dot com
nomcom-chair-2018 at ietf dot org