Subject: Protocol Action: 'Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) - SAVEDATE Extension' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-extra-imap-savedate-01.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2018 23:51:17 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) - SAVEDATE Extension'
  (draft-ietf-extra-imap-savedate-01.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Email mailstore and eXtensions To Revise
or Amend Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adam Roach, Alexey Melnikov and Ben Campbell.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-extra-imap-savedate/

Technical Summary

  This spec extends IMAP with an additional data point on each
  email in a mailbox which records the time at which the email
  was added to the mailbox.

Working Group Summary

  The only topic of debate was how to deal with mailboxes which don't
  support storing the savedate.  Various ideas were debated, and a
  conclusion was found which everybody was happy with.

Document Quality

  This specification has been implemented in multiple servers and is
  very easy to follow.

Personnel

  Document Shepherd - Bron Gondwana (EXTRA co-chair)
  Responsible Area Director - Alexey Melnikov