Subject: Protocol Action: 'IS-IS Traffic Engineering (TE) Metric Extensions' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-lsr-isis-rfc7810bis-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 14:07:09 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'IS-IS Traffic Engineering (TE) Metric Extensions'
  (draft-ietf-lsr-isis-rfc7810bis-05.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Link State Routing Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lsr-isis-rfc7810bis/

Technical Summary

   This document describes extensions to IS-IS Traffic Engineering
   Extensions (RFC 5305) such that network-performance information can
   be distributed and collected in a scalable fashion.  The information
   distributed using IS-IS TE Metric Extensions can then be used to make
   path-selection decisions based on network performance.

   Note that this document only covers the mechanisms with which
   network-performance information is distributed.  The mechanisms for
   measuring network performance or acting on that information, once
   distributed, are outside the scope of this document.

Working Group Summary

    This bis draft update to RFC7810 was created out of an errata
    submitted that pointed out errors in the definition of certain
    bandwidth related sub-TLVs. There was a quick and unanimous 
    decision to address this error by publishing this bis update.

   The specific changes are outlined in the Appendix.

Document Quality

    The RFC7810 published over two years ago has at least two known
    implementations. There is no change to the technical solution
    in this update. The updated bis draft has identical content
    to RFC7810 except for the changes for fixing of the error
    in encoding and highlighting the changes in the appendix.

Personnel

    Ketan Talaulikar is the Document Shepherd.
    Alvaro Retana is the Responsible Area Director.