Subject: IETF 104 Registration and Hotel Reservations Openo

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2018 10:49:57 -0800

IETF 104
Prague, Czech Republic
March 23-29, 2019
Host: CZ.NIC

IETF 104 Information: https://www.ietf.org/how/meetings/104/
Register online at: https://ietf.org/meeting/register.html

1.  Registration
2.  Value Added Tax (VAT)
3.  Visas & Letters of Invitation
4.  Accommodations
5.  Code Sprint
6.  Hackathon

1. Registration:

Registration fees listed below do not include the VAT of 21%. VAT will be
added to the registration fee before payment, and all VAT will be
paid over to the tax authorities.

	A. Early-Bird Registration: USD 700.00, if paid in full prior to 23:59 UTC 2019-02-04
	B. Standard Registration: USD 875.00, if paid in full prior to 23:59 UTC 2019-03-11
	C. Late Registration: USD 1,000.00 if paid after 23:59 UTC 2019-03-11
	D. Full-time Student Registrations: USD 150.00 (with proper ID)
	E. One Day Pass Registration: USD 375.00
	
	If you begin the registration process and do not complete it, you
	will be sent an email with information on how to pay for your
	registration. Please note that you will receive this email two or
	more hours after you begin the process as it is not immediately
	sent. If you do not pay your registration before the cutoff dates
	listed above your registration will be deleted and you will be
	required to re-enter your data.

	If you register and find that you can no longer attend the meeting,
	you can request a refund. Cutoff for registration refunds is UTC
	23:59 2019-03-18 (Monday). Refunds are subject to a 10% (ten
	percent) processing fee. The 10% penalty is waived in the event that
	cancellation is due to your inability to obtain a visa to attend the
	meeting. 

2. Value Added Tax (VAT)

	You may be entitled to recoup some or all of the VAT.
	In addition to a receipt from the IETF, all IETF 104
	attendees will receive a VAT compliant invoice from BC&A
	(VMC), our tax agent. For this meeting the Czech VAT of
	21% has been added to the Registration Fee. More
	information is available at:
	https://www.ietf.org/how/meetings/104/vat/  

3. Visas & Letters of Invitation:

	Letters of invitation are available through the registration
	system. Once you register for IETF 104 you may request a local
	letter of invitation through a link in your confirmation email or
	the self-service portal. 

4.  Accommodations:

IMPORTANT: Cancellation cut-off dates are different (i.e. more
strict) than prior meetings held in Prague. Please review the new
cancellation policies carefully before making reservations.

	1. Hilton Prague (Headquarters Hotel, block of 500 rooms)
	Room Rate: $169.36 (single) $186.95 (double) USD. Includes daily
	breakfast, in-room high speed internet, access to Health Club and
	pool. 
	VAT of 15% (taxes subject to change) is excluded from
	the above prices.
	Reservation Cutoff Date: 10 March 2019
	Cancel with No Penalty: 21 Days prior to check-in/ arrival
	Distance to Meeting Venue: N/A
	Reservations:https://tinyurl.com/IETF104HiltonPrague
	
	2. Hilton Prague Old Town (Overflow hotel)
	Room Rate: Discounted 10% off of Hotel’s  Best Available Rate at the time of booking.
	Includes breakfast, in- room high speed internet, access to the fitness center and pool.
	VAT of 15% (taxes subject to change) is excluded from
	the above prices.
	Reservations Cutoff Date: No Cut-off Date
	Cancel with No Penalty: Up to 48 hours prior to check-in/arrival
	Distance to Meeting Venue: 1.8 km
	Reservations: https://tinyurl.com/IETF104HiltonOldTown
	
	3. InterContinental Prague (Overflow hotel)
	Room Rate: $162.65 (single) $179.90 (double) USD. Includes
	breakfast, in-room high speed internet, fitness center and pool.
	VAT of 15% (taxes subject to change) is excluded from
	the above prices.
	Reservations Cutoff Date: 22 February 2019
	Cancel with No Penalty: 14 days prior to check-in/arrival
	Distance to Meeting Venue: 2.3 km
	Reservations: https://tinyurl.com/IETF104InterContinental

More details at: https://www.ietf.org/how/meetings/104/hotel/

5. Code Sprint	

	The IETF 104 Code Sprint in Prague will, as
	always, let you work on fixing those things about the datatracker
	which you most urgently desire to do something about.

	When: Saturday, March 23 from 09:30 to 18:00
	Where: Hilton Prague, Room TBD
	Signup: https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/wiki/IETF104SprintSignUp
	More information: https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/wiki/IETF104Sprint

6. Hackathon

	The IETF is holding a Hackathon at IETF 104 to encourage
  	developers to discuss, collaborate and develop utilities, ideas,
  	sample code and solutions that show practical implementations of
  	IETF standards.

	When: Saturday March 23 and Sunday March 24
	Where: Hilton Prague, Room TBD
	Signup for the Hackathon: https://www.ietf.org/registration/ietf104/hackathonregistration.py
	More information can be found here:https://www.ietf.org/how/runningcode/hackathons/104-hackathon/
	Keep up to date by subscribing to: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hackathon

	The Hackathon is free to attend and open to all. Extend
	the invitation to colleagues outside the IETF!

	Descriptions and information regarding the technologies
	for the hackathon are located on the IETF 104 Meeting Wiki:
	https://trac.ietf.org/trac/ietf/meeting/wiki/104hackathon

	Don’t see anything that interests you? Feel free to add
	your preferred technology to the list, sign up as its
	Champion and show up to work on it. Note: you must login to
	the wiki to add content. If you do add a new technology, we
	strongly suggest that you send an email to [email-masked]
	to let others know. You may generate interest in your
	technology, and find other people who want to contribute to
	it.