Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-pce-wson-rwa-ext-10.txt> (PCEP Extension for WSON Routing and Wavelength Assignment) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 10:19:30 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Path Computation Element WG (pce) to
consider the following document: - 'PCEP Extension for WSON Routing and
Wavelength Assignment'
  <draft-ietf-pce-wson-rwa-ext-10.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-12-27. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document provides the Path Computation Element communication
   Protocol (PCEP) extensions for the support of Routing and Wavelength
   Assignment (RWA) in Wavelength Switched Optical Networks (WSON).
   Path provisioning in WSONs requires a routing and wavelength
   assignment (RWA) process.  From a path computation perspective,
   wavelength assignment is the process of determining which wavelength
   can be used on each hop of a path and forms an additional routing
   constraint to optical path computation.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-wson-rwa-ext/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-wson-rwa-ext/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.