Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dime-doic-rate-control-10.txt> (Diameter Overload Rate Control) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2018 15:17:14 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions
WG (dime) to consider the following document: - 'Diameter Overload Rate
Control'
  <draft-ietf-dime-doic-rate-control-10.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-01-16.  Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This specification documents an extension to the Diameter Overload
   Indication Conveyance (DOIC) [RFC7683] base solution.  This extension
   adds a new overload control abatement algorithm.  This abatement
   algorithm allows for a DOIC reporting node to specify a maximum rate
   at which a DOIC reacting node sends Diameter requests to the DOIC
   reporting node.

Requirements

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dime-doic-rate-control/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dime-doic-rate-control/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.