Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-curdle-rc4-die-die-die-14.txt> (Deprecating RC4 in Secure Shell (SSH)) to Best Current Practice

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2018 14:15:20 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the CURves, Deprecating and a Little
more Encryption WG (curdle) to consider the following document: -
'Deprecating RC4 in Secure Shell (SSH)'
  <draft-ietf-curdle-rc4-die-die-die-14.txt> as Best Current Practice

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-01-09. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document deprecates RC4 in Secure Shell (SSH).  Therefore, this
   document formally obsoletes and moves to Historic RFC4345.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-curdle-rc4-die-die-die/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-curdle-rc4-die-die-die/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.