Subject: Protocol Action: 'Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP) Organization Mapping' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-regext-org-12.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2018 13:23:15 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP) Organization Mapping'
  (draft-ietf-regext-org-12.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Registration Protocols Extensions Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adam Roach, Alexey Melnikov and Ben Campbell.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-org/

Technical Summary

  This document describes an Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP) mapping
  for provisioning and management of organization objects stored in a shared
  central repository.  Specified in Extensible Markup Language (XML), this
  extended mapping is applied to provide additional features required for the
  provisioning of organizations.

Working Group Summary

  The document has received community review and is of interest to multiple
  parties, as it covers a basic need among domain name registrars and
  registries. The document has been discussed on the regext mailing list and
  various IETF meetings of the regext working group. The authors have
  addressed all comments and changes have been incorporated in the document.
  The document was updated several times during the WGLC due to several
  thorough reviews.

Document Quality

  Verisign and CNNIC have working implementations of the specification and at
  least 2 other Registry operators have plans or are interested in
  implementing the specification. All EPP XML examples have been validated
  against the XML schema provided in the drafts by the Document Shepherd.

Personnel

  The document shepherd is Pieter Vandepitte, [email-masked]
  The responsible Area Director is Adam Roach, [email-masked]

RFC Editor Note

Please ensure that draft-ietf-regext-org and draft-ietf-regext-org-ext are published with consecutive RFC numbers (and preferably in that order).