Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mile-xmpp-grid-09.txt> (Using XMPP for Security Information Exchange) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2018 06:19:39 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Managed Incident Lightweight
Exchange WG (mile) to consider the following document: - 'Using XMPP for
Security Information Exchange'
  <draft-ietf-mile-xmpp-grid-09.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-01-14. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Note that the document depends normatively on the following documents from XSF (see <https://xmpp.org/extensions/> for more details):

   [XEP-0004]
              Eatmon, R., Hildebrand, J., Miller, J., Muldowney, T., and
              P. Saint-Andre, "Data Forms", XSF XEP 0004, August 2007.

   [XEP-0030]
              Hildebrand, J., Millard, P., Eatmon, R., and P. Saint-
              Andre, "Service Discovery", XSF XEP 0030, July 2010.

   [XEP-0060]
              Millard, P., Saint-Andre, P., and R. Meijer, "Publish-
              Subscribe", XSF XEP 0060, December 2017.

Abstract

   This document describes how to use the Extensible Messaging and
   Presence Protocol (XMPP) to collect and distribute security-relevant
   information between network-connected devices.  To illustrate the
   principles involved, this document describes such a usage for the
   Incident Object Description Exchange Format (IODEF).

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mile-xmpp-grid/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mile-xmpp-grid/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.