Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-lamps-hash-of-root-key-cert-extn-02.txt> (Hash Of Root Key Certificate Extension) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2018 14:13:35 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Limited Additional Mechanisms for
PKIX and SMIME WG (lamps) to consider the following document: - 'Hash Of Root
Key Certificate Extension'
  <draft-ietf-lamps-hash-of-root-key-cert-extn-02.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-01-10. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies the Hash Of Root Key certificate extension.
   This certificate extension is carried in the self-signed certificate
   for a trust anchor, which is often called a Root Certification
   Authority (CA) certificate.  This certificate extension unambiguously
   identifies the next public key that will be used by the trust anchor
   at some point in the future.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lamps-hash-of-root-key-cert-extn/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lamps-hash-of-root-key-cert-extn/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.