Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-sipcore-sip-push-21.txt> (Push Notification with the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2018 18:26:16 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Session Initiation Protocol Core WG
(sipcore) to consider the following document: - 'Push Notification with the
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)'
  <draft-ietf-sipcore-sip-push-21.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-12-21. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes how a Push Notification Service (PNS) can be
   used to wake suspended Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) User Agents
   (UAs), using push notifications, for the UA to be able to send
   binding-refresh REGISTER requests and to receive receive incoming SIP
   requests.  The document defines new SIP URI parameters and new
   feature-capability indicators that can be used in SIP messages to
   indicate support of the mechanism defined in this document, to
   exchange PNS information between the SIP User Agent (UA) and the SIP
   entity that will request push notifications towards the UA, and to
   trigger such push notification requests.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipcore-sip-push/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipcore-sip-push/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.