Subject: Last Call: <draft-faltstrom-unicode11-05.txt> (IDNA2008 and Unicode 11.0.0) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2018 07:33:18 -0800

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider the
following document: - 'IDNA2008 and Unicode 11.0.0'
  <draft-faltstrom-unicode11-05.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-12-31. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes changes between Unicode 6.3.0 and Unicode
   11.0.0 in the context of IDNA2008.  It further suggests for the IETF
   a path forward regarding ensuring IDNA2008 follows the evolution of
   the Unicode Standard.

   In a few cases changes have been made in the Unicode Standard related
   to the algorithm IDNA2008 specifies.  IDNA2008 do give the ability to
   add exceptions for backward compatibility to the algorithm but the
   conclusions provided in this document suggests no such changes.

   Thus this document requests that IANA update the tables to Unicode
   11.

   In addition, all registries should continue the practice of
   calculating a repertoire using conservatism and inclusion principles.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-faltstrom-unicode11/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-faltstrom-unicode11/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.