Subject: RFC 8514 on Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) - SAVEDATE Extension

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2019 11:58:48 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8514

        Title:      Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) 
                    - SAVEDATE Extension 
        Author:     S. Bosch
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2019 
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 13176
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-extra-imap-savedate-01.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8514

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8514

This document adds a new capability called "SAVEDATE" to the Internet
Message Access Protocol (IMAP).  It defines a new IMAP message
attribute called "save date" that, unlike the existing "internal                     
date" attribute, always indicates the moment at which the message was
saved in its current mailbox.  The SAVEDATE capability extends the
FETCH command with the means to retrieve the save date attribute and
extends the SEARCH command to allow using the save date attribute in
searching criteria.

This document is a product of the Email mailstore and eXtensions To Revise or Amend Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC