Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-te-bandwidth-availability-13.txt> (Ethernet Traffic Parameters with Availability Information) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2019 11:37:18 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Common Control and Measurement Plane
WG (ccamp) to consider the following document: - 'Ethernet Traffic Parameters
with Availability Information'
  <draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-te-bandwidth-availability-13.txt> as Proposed
  Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-01-31. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   A packet switching network may contain links with variable
   bandwidth, e.g., copper, radio, etc. The bandwidth of such links is
   sensitive to external environment (e.g., climate). Availability is
   typically used for describing these links when during network
   planning. This document introduces an optional Availability TLV in
   Resource ReSerVation Protocol - Traffic Engineer (RSVP-TE)
   signaling. This extension can be used to set up a Generalized Multi-
   Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) Label Switched Path (LSP) using the
   Ethernet SENDER_TSPEC object.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-te-bandwidth-availability/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-te-bandwidth-availability/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2414/