Subject: Protocol Action: 'OSPFv3 Extensions for Segment Routing' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-segment-routing-extensions-23.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2019 09:21:20 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'OSPFv3 Extensions for Segment Routing'
  (draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-segment-routing-extensions-23.txt) as Proposed
  Standard

This document is the product of the Link State Routing Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-segment-routing-extensions/

Technical Summary

     This document describes the OSPFv3 extensions for segment routing 
     including Prefix-SID, Adjacency-SID, and LAN-Adjacency-SID. The 
     extensions are based on RFC 8362 and RFC 7770.   

Working Group Summary

     The Working Group discussion has been dominated by the initial vendors
     that implemented the segment routing on OSPFv2 (Juniper, Cisco, Nokia,
     and Huawei).

Document Quality

      The document has been implemented by Huawei and Nokia and is planned
      by other. The encoding changes have mirrored those in the OSPFv2
      segment routing extensions. 

Personnel

      Acee Lindem is the Document Shepherd.
      Alvaro Retana is the Responsible Area Director.