Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-perc-private-media-framework-08.txt> (A Solution Framework for Private Media in Privacy Enhanced RTP Conferencing) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2019 16:44:29 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Privacy Enhanced RTP Conferencing 
WG (perc) to consider the following document: - 'A Solution Framework for
Private Media in Privacy Enhanced RTP
   Conferencing'
  <draft-ietf-perc-private-media-framework-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-02-13. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes a solution framework for ensuring that media
   confidentiality and integrity are maintained end-to-end within the
   context of a switched conferencing environment where media
   distributors are not trusted with the end-to-end media encryption
   keys.  The solution aims to build upon existing security mechanisms
   defined for the real-time transport protocol (RTP).

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-perc-private-media-framework/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-perc-private-media-framework/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.