Subject: Document Action: 'Deterministic Networking Problem Statement' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-detnet-problem-statement-09.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2019 14:38:43 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Deterministic Networking Problem Statement'
  (draft-ietf-detnet-problem-statement-09.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Deterministic Networking Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-detnet-problem-statement/

Technical Summary

This document summarizes the need for Deterministic Networking (DetNet)
 and describes the problems to be solved by DetNet. The document lists key 
 features to be provided by a DetNet network and collects main technical 
 components to be supported to achieve the goals of DetNet.

Working Group Summary

There is consensus in the WG to proceed with the publication of the
document as an Informational RFC.
This document is an important input to the work of the WG to guide the
solution documents and for the industry to understand the problem space
which detnet is addressing. 

Document Quality

It is a good quality document.
The Shepherd reviewed the latest version (-06) and found no issues.
 
Personnel

   Who is the Document Shepherd for this document?  János Farkas
   Who is the Responsible Area Director? Deborah Brungard