Subject: Protocol Action: 'Softwire Provisioning using DHCPv4 Over DHCPv6' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-dhc-dhcp4o6-saddr-opt-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2019 12:54:07 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Softwire Provisioning using DHCPv4 Over DHCPv6'
  (draft-ietf-dhc-dhcp4o6-saddr-opt-08.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Suresh Krishnan and Terry Manderson.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcp4o6-saddr-opt/

Technical Summary

This document extends DHCPv4 over DHCPv6 (RFC7341) to provide
some IPv4-over IPv6 softwire mechanisms and deployment scenarios
two additional needed pieces of information. It defines a new
DHCPv6 option to indicate the preferred prefix for the client to
bind its IPv4 configuration to, and a new DHCPv4 option to
indicate the IPv6 address associated with the client's IPv4
configuration, and the procedures to use these options.

Working Group Summary

This document has been in development, first as an individual
submission in the software WG, and more recently in the DHC WG.
It has undergone about 10 revisions - with more recent changes
being fairly minor.

Document Quality

The document has had extensive review and input by the working
group and by "DHCP experts" and "Softwires experts".

Personnel

Bernie Volz is the document shepherd. Suresh Krishnan is the
current responsible AD.