Subject: Software Development Services RFP Reminder

From: IETF Administration LLC Executive Director <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2019 12:05:58 -0800

In April 2015, the IAOC issued an announcement seeking vendors for software development 
for Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) Master Services Agreement (MSA) purposes. 
The RFP is still active; however, it has been transferred to the IETF Administration LLC (IETF LLC) 
to contract with vendors. The RFP and announcement have been updated to reflect the transition.

________________________________________________

The IETF LLC is seeking one or more vendors to provide software development services.  The successful 
bidder(s) will enter into a contract with the IETF Administration LLC.

The IETF LLC desires to enter into an Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) Master Services 
Agreement (MSA) with one or more software development companies with which to accomplish its objectives.  
The MSA is an Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity contract because it cannot be determined at this 
time the nature and number of applications that will be necessary. The MSA shall be for a three-year 
period with an option for two, one-year extensions. Through the MSA Work Orders will be issued for the 
delivery of specified software.

The Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) standards development work is supported by several 
specialized software tools, such as the Datatracker, idnits, xml2rfc, rfcdiff, and many others.  
New tools and significant changes to existing tools will be needed, for instance, to support the 
upcoming change in the RFC publication format. These tools may be developed in Python using the 
Django framework, or other software if there is a significant advantage or requirement to do so.

Being selected for entering into a Master Services Agreement will be a two-step process:

1. Responses to this RFP will be used to identify qualified vendors to proceed to step two;

2. Invited vendors will be asked to provide pricing information for the development of a specific 
application, including the assumptions and analysis used to reach that price.  The purpose of this is 
to evaluate the analysis and pricing.  It may not be used to award the development of this application.

The Software Development IDIQ RFP can be found at this location:
https://www.ietf.org/about/groups/llc-board/rfps/

Questions are welcome anytime.  Proposals and questions are to be sent by email to [email-masked].

Portia Wenze-Danley
IETF LLC Executive Director, Interim