Subject: Protocol Action: 'Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP): Shared Extension Message & IANA Registry for Packet Type Allocations' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-lisp-rfc8113bis-03.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2019 06:59:12 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP): Shared Extension Message & IANA
   Registry for Packet Type Allocations'
  (draft-ietf-lisp-rfc8113bis-03.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Locator/ID Separation Protocol Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lisp-rfc8113bis/

Technical Summary

This document specifies a Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP)
 shared message type for defining future extensions and conducting
 experiments without consuming a LISP packet type codepoint for each
 extension.

 This document obsoletes RFC 8113.

Working Group Summary

This document was produced at the request of the LISP WG chairs.  It was
reviewed and accepted by the working group both as a call for adoption
and as a working group last call.  There was support for the document,
and no dissent. 

Document Quality

The primary reason for producing this document is that this is a standards
track registry so as to avoid the need for downrefs in all documents that
reference the registry.

Personnel

   Who is the Document Shepherd for this document?  Joel Halpern
   Who is the Responsible Area Director? Deborah Brungard