Subject: BCP 219, RFC 8499 on DNS Terminology

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2019 18:43:56 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 219        
        RFC 8499

        Title:      DNS Terminology 
        Author:     P. Hoffman,
                    A. Sullivan,
                    K. Fujiwara
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      50
        Characters: 119094
        Obsoletes:  RFC 7719
        Updates:    RFC 2308
        See Also:   BCP 219

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnsop-terminology-bis-14.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8499

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8499

The Domain Name System (DNS) is defined in literally dozens of
different RFCs.  The terminology used by implementers and developers
of DNS protocols, and by operators of DNS systems, has sometimes
changed in the decades since the DNS was first defined.  This
document gives current definitions for many of the terms used in the
DNS in a single document.

This document obsoletes RFC 7719 and updates RFC 2308.

This document is a product of the Domain Name System Operations Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC