Subject: RFC 8492 on Secure Password Ciphersuites for Transport Layer Security (TLS)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2019 13:31:12 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8492

        Title:      Secure Password Ciphersuites for 
                    Transport Layer Security (TLS) 
        Author:     D. Harkins, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       February 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      40
        Characters: 87027
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-harkins-tls-dragonfly-04.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8492

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8492

This memo defines several new ciphersuites for the Transport Layer
Security (TLS) protocol to support certificateless, secure
authentication using only a simple, low-entropy password.  The
exchange is called "TLS-PWD".  The ciphersuites are all based on an
authentication and key exchange protocol, named "dragonfly", that is
resistant to offline dictionary attacks.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC