Subject: RFC 8534 on Explicit Tracking with Wildcard Routes in Multicast VPN

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2019 22:57:35 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8534

        Title:      Explicit Tracking with Wildcard Routes 
                    in Multicast VPN 
        Author:     A. Dolganow, 
                    J. Kotalwar,
                    E. Rosen, Ed.,
                    Z. Zhang
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 49896
        Updates:    RFC 6514, RFC 6625, RFC 7524, RFC 7582, RFC 7900

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-expl-track-13.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8534

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8534

The base Multicast VPN (MVPN) specifications (RFCs 6513 and 6514)
provide procedures to allow a multicast ingress node to invoke
"explicit tracking" for a multicast flow or set of flows, thus
learning the egress nodes for that flow or set of flows.  However,
the specifications are not completely clear about how the explicit
tracking procedures work in certain scenarios.  This document
provides the necessary clarifications.  It also specifies a new,
optimized explicit-tracking procedure.  This new procedure allows an
ingress node, by sending a single message, to request explicit
tracking of each of a set of flows, where the set of flows is
specified using a wildcard mechanism.  This document updates RFCs
6514, 6625, 7524, 7582, and 7900.

This document is a product of the BGP Enabled Services Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC