Subject: RFC 8537 on Updates to the Fast Reroute Procedures for Co-routed Associated Bidirectional Label Switched Paths (LSPs)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2019 17:02:51 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8537

        Title:      Updates to the Fast Reroute 
                    Procedures for Co-routed Associated Bidirectional 
                    Label Switched Paths (LSPs) 
        Author:     R. Gandhi, Ed.,
                    H. Shah, 
                    J. Whittaker
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 36970
        Updates:    RFC 4090, RFC 7551

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-teas-assoc-corouted-bidir-frr-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8537

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8537

Resource Reservation Protocol (RSVP) association signaling can be
used to bind two unidirectional Label Switched Paths (LSPs) into an
associated bidirectional LSP.  When an associated bidirectional LSP
is co-routed, the reverse LSP follows the same path as its forward
LSP.  This document updates the fast reroute procedures defined in
RFC 4090 to support both single-sided and double-sided provisioned
associated bidirectional LSPs.  This document also updates the
procedure for associating two reverse LSPs defined in RFC 7551 to
support co-routed bidirectional LSPs.  The fast reroute procedures
can ensure that, for the co-routed LSPs, traffic flows on co-routed
paths in the forward and reverse directions after a failure event.

This document is a product of the Traffic Engineering Architecture and Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC