Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-mpls-18.txt> (Segment Routing with MPLS data plane) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2019 10:41:45 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Source Packet Routing in Networking
WG (spring) to consider the following document: - 'Segment Routing with MPLS
data plane'
  <draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-mpls-18.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-03-07. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Segment Routing (SR) leverages the source routing paradigm.  A node
   steers a packet through a controlled set of instructions, called
   segments, by prepending the packet with an SR header.  In the MPLS
   dataplane, the SR header is instantiated through a label stack. This
   document specifies the forwarding behavior to allow instantiating SR
   over the MPLS dataplane.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-mpls/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-mpls/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2880/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2453/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2454/