Subject: RFC 8536 on The Time Zone Information Format (TZif)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2019 12:48:24 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8536

        Title:      The Time Zone Information Format (TZif) 
        Author:     A. Olson, 
                    P. Eggert,
                    K. Murchison
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      34
        Characters: 83992
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-murchison-tzdist-tzif-16.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8536

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8536

This document specifies the Time Zone Information Format (TZif) for
representing and exchanging time zone information, independent of any
particular service or protocol.  Two media types for this format are
also defined.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC