Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dmarc-eaiauth-03.txt> (E-mail Authentication for Internationalized Mail) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2019 06:38:19 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Domain-based Message Authentication,
Reporting & Conformance WG (dmarc) to consider the following document: -
'E-mail Authentication for Internationalized Mail'
  <draft-ietf-dmarc-eaiauth-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-03-14. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   SPF (RFC7208), DKIM (RFC6376), and DMARC (RFC7489) enable a domain
   owner to publish e-mail authentication and policy information in the
   DNS.  In internationalized e-mail, domain names can occur both as
   U-labels and A-labels.  The Authentication-Results header reports the
   result of authentication checks made with SPF, DKIM, DMARC, and other
   schemes.  This specification updates the SPF, DKIM, and DMARC
   specifications to clarify which form of internationalized domain
   names to use in those specifications, and when creating
   Authentication-Results headers.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dmarc-eaiauth/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dmarc-eaiauth/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc7489: Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting, and Conformance (DMARC) (Informational - Independent Submission Editor stream)