Subject: Protocol Action: 'NFS version 4.0 Trunking Update' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv0-trunking-update-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2019 16:41:37 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'NFS version 4.0 Trunking Update'
  (draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv0-trunking-update-05.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Network File System Version 4 Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Mirja Kühlewind and Spencer Dawkins.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-mv0-trunking-update/

Technical Summary

   The location-related attribute in NFS version 4.0, fs_locations,
   informs clients about alternate locations of file systems.  An NFS
   version 4.0 client can use this information to handle migration and
   replication of server filesystems.  This document describes how an
   NFS version 4.0 client can additionally use this information to
   discover an NFS version 4.0 server's trunking capabilities.  This
   document updates RFC 7530.

Working Group Summary

   The working group was well aligned on this work and it moved
   through the review process with good input but nothing contentious.

   The working group is supportive of this document without exception.

Document Quality

   This document was a result of implementation and deployment
   experience and represents input from the NFSv4 community with long
   standing experience.  The authors represent the quality work of the
   working group and are trusted in the community with their
   experience and ability to draft quality, useful text.

Personnel

   Spencer Shepler is the document shepherd.
   Spencer Dawkins is the responsible area director.

RFC Editor Note

  Dear RFC Editor - please replace [RFC-TBD] with the actual RFC number when that number is assigned.