Subject: Document Action: 'The 'leaptofrogans' URI Scheme' to Informational RFC (draft-op3ft-leaptofrogans-uri-scheme-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 08:10:45 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'The 'leaptofrogans' URI Scheme'
  (draft-op3ft-leaptofrogans-uri-scheme-07.txt) as Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an IETF
Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Alexey Melnikov.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-op3ft-leaptofrogans-uri-scheme/

Technical Summary

   This document describes the 'leaptofrogans' Uniform Resource
   Identifier (URI) scheme, which enables applications to launch Frogans
   Player on a given Frogans site.  Frogans is a medium for publishing
   content and services on the Internet, defined as a generic software
   layer on the Internet.  Frogans Player is software enabling end users
   to browse Frogans sites.

Working Group Summary

  This document is not the product of a working group.

Document Quality

  The document addresses the requirements of RFC 7595 for
  registration of a permanent URI scheme.  Expert Review was
  requested on the URI-Review list 2018-09-14; the primary 
  feedback concerned handling of characters outside the ASCII
  range.  As a result, the recommended procedures were brought
  in line with percent-encoding rules from RFC 3986, as reflected 
  in version -03 of draft-op3ft-leaptofrogans-uri-scheme.
  Based on inital expert review the registration was made "provisional"
  with expectations on moving it to "permanent" at a later date.
  However followup discussions convinced the expert that
  "permanent" is Ok.

Personnel

  The Document Shepherd is Peter Saint-Andre and the 
  Responsible Area Director is Alexey Melnikov.