Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dnsop-algorithm-update-05.txt> (Algorithm Implementation Requirements and Usage Guidance for DNSSEC) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2019 11:29:30 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Domain Name System Operations WG
(dnsop) to consider the following document: - 'Algorithm Implementation
Requirements and Usage Guidance for DNSSEC'
  <draft-ietf-dnsop-algorithm-update-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-02-27. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The DNSSEC protocol makes use of various cryptographic algorithms in
   order to provide authentication of DNS data and proof of non-
   existence.  To ensure interoperability between DNS resolvers and DNS
   authoritative servers, it is necessary to specify a set of algorithm
   implementation requirements and usage guidelines to ensure that there
   is at least one algorithm that all implementations support.  This
   document defines the current algorithm implementation requirements
   and usage guidance for DNSSEC.  This document obsoletes [RFC6944].

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-algorithm-update/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-algorithm-update/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.