Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-acme-caa-06.txt> (CAA Record Extensions for Account URI and ACME Method Binding) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 09:46:00 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Automated Certificate Management
Environment WG (acme) to consider the following document: - 'CAA Record
Extensions for Account URI and ACME Method Binding'
  <draft-ietf-acme-caa-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-04-10. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The CAA DNS record allows a domain to communicate issuance policy to
   CAs, but only allows a domain to define policy with CA-level
   granularity.  However, the CAA specification also provides facilities
   for extension to admit more granular, CA-specific policy.  This
   specification defines two such parameters, one allowing specific
   accounts of a CA to be identified by URI and one allowing specific
   methods of domain control validation as defined by the ACME protocol
   to be required.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-acme-caa/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-acme-caa/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.