Subject: Protocol Action: 'Using XMPP for Security Information Exchange' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-mile-xmpp-grid-11.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 04:22:50 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Using XMPP for Security Information Exchange'
  (draft-ietf-mile-xmpp-grid-11.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Managed Incident Lightweight Exchange
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alexey Melnikov, Benjamin Kaduk and Eric
Rescorla.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mile-xmpp-grid/

Technical Summary

   This document describes how to use the Extensible Messaging and
   Presence Protocol (XMPP) to collect and distribute security-relevant
   information between network-connected devices.  To illustrate the
   principles involved, this document describes such a usage for the
   Incident Object Description Exchange Format (IODEF).

Working Group Summary

   The initial draft was published three years ago. Since then, various
   aspects of this draft has been discussed, and the draft was thoroughly
   revised based on feedback from the audience, including those who
   are familiar with the XMPP base spec. The MILE WG seems to be happy
   with the current form of the document.

Document Quality

   XMPP-GRID works on top of existing XMPP protocol and can use the
   existing XMPP tools.

Personnel

  Takeshi Takahashi is the Document Shepherd and Alexey Melinkov is 
  the Responsible Area Director.