Subject: RFC 8506 on Diameter Credit-Control Application

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2019 08:53:38 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8506

        Title:      Diameter Credit-Control Application 
        Author:     L. Bertz, Ed.,
                    D. Dolson, Ed.,
                    Y. Lifshitz, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      130
        Characters: 338474
        Obsoletes:  RFC 4006

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dime-rfc4006bis-12.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8506

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8506

This document specifies a Diameter application that can be used to
implement real-time credit-control for a variety of end-user services
such as network access, Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) services,
messaging services, and download services.  The Diameter Credit-
Control application as defined in this document obsoletes RFC 4006,
and it must be supported by all new Diameter Credit-Control
application implementations.

This document is a product of the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC