Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-lamps-pkix-shake-08.txt> (Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure: Additional Algorithm Identifiers for RSASSA-PSS and ECDSA using SHAKEs) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 09:50:16 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Limited Additional Mechanisms for
PKIX and SMIME WG (lamps) to consider the following document: - 'Internet
X.509 Public Key Infrastructure: Additional Algorithm
   Identifiers for RSASSA-PSS and ECDSA using SHAKEs'
  <draft-ietf-lamps-pkix-shake-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-04-10. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Digital signatures are used to sign messages, X.509 certificates and
   CRLs (Certificate Revocation Lists).  This document describes the
   conventions for using the SHAKE function family in Internet X.509
   certificates and CRLs as one-way hash functions with the RSA
   Probabilistic signature and ECDSA signature algorithms.  The
   conventions for the associated subject public keys are also
   described.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lamps-pkix-shake/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lamps-pkix-shake/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc8017: PKCS #1: RSA Cryptography Specifications Version 2.2 (Informational - IETF stream)