Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dots-signal-channel-30.txt> (Distributed Denial-of-Service Open Threat Signaling (DOTS) Signal Channel Specification) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2019 15:11:47 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the DDoS Open Threat Signaling WG (dots)
to consider the following document: - 'Distributed Denial-of-Service Open
Threat Signaling (DOTS) Signal
   Channel Specification'
  <draft-ietf-dots-signal-channel-30.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-03-19. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies the DOTS signal channel, a protocol for
   signaling the need for protection against Distributed Denial-of-
   Service (DDoS) attacks to a server capable of enabling network
   traffic mitigation on behalf of the requesting client.

   A companion document defines the DOTS data channel, a separate
   reliable communication layer for DOTS management and configuration
   purposes.

Editorial Note (To be removed by RFC Editor)

   Please update these statements within the document with the RFC
   number to be assigned to this document:

   o  "This version of this YANG module is part of RFC XXXX;"

   o  "RFC XXXX: Distributed Denial-of-Service Open Threat Signaling
      (DOTS) Signal Channel Specification";

   o  "| [RFCXXXX] |"

   o  reference: RFC XXXX

   Please update this statement with the RFC number to be assigned to
   the following documents:

   o  "RFC YYYY: Distributed Denial-of-Service Open Threat Signaling
      (DOTS) Data Channel Specification (used to be I-D.ietf-dots-data-
      channel)

   Please update TBD/TBD1/TBD2 statements with the assignments made by
   IANA to DOTS Signal Channel Protocol.

   Also, please update the "revision" date of the YANG modules.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dots-signal-channel/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dots-signal-channel/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc7918: Transport Layer Security (TLS) False Start (Informational - IETF stream)