Subject: RFC 8570 on IS-IS Traffic Engineering (TE) Metric Extensions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2019 16:07:28 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8570

        Title:      IS-IS Traffic Engineering (TE) Metric 
                    Extensions 
        Author:     L. Ginsberg, Ed.,
                    S. Previdi, Ed.,
                    S. Giacalone,
                    D. Ward,
                    J. Drake,
                    Q. Wu
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 38620
        Obsoletes:  RFC 7810

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-lsr-isis-rfc7810bis-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8570

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8570

In certain networks, such as, but not limited to, financial
information networks (e.g., stock market data providers),
network-performance criteria (e.g., latency) are becoming as
critical to data-path selection as other metrics.

This document describes extensions to IS-IS Traffic Engineering
Extensions (RFC 5305).  These extensions provide a way to distribute
and collect network-performance information in a scalable fashion.
The information distributed using IS-IS TE Metric Extensions can then
be used to make path-selection decisions based on network
performance.

Note that this document only covers the mechanisms with which
network-performance information is distributed.  The mechanisms for
measuring network performance or acting on that information, once
distributed, are outside the scope of this document.

This document obsoletes RFC 7810.

This document is a product of the Link State Routing Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC