Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc4071bis-08.txt> (Structure of the IETF Administrative Support Activity, Version 2.0) to Best Current Practice

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2019 07:50:12 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the IETF Administrative Support Activity
2 WG (iasa2) to consider the following document: - 'Structure of the IETF
Administrative Support Activity, Version 2.0'
  <draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc4071bis-08.txt> as Best Current Practice

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-03-18. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The IETF Administrative Support Activity (IASA) was originally
   established in 2005.  In the years since then, the needs of the IETF
   evolved in ways that required changes to its administrative
   structure.  The purpose of this document is to document and describe
   the IASA 2.0 structure.

   Under IASA 2.0, the work of the IETF's administrative and fundraising
   tasks is conducted by an administrative organization, the IETF
   Administration Limited Liability Company ("IETF LLC").  Under this
   structure, the IETF Administrative Oversight Committee (IAOC) was
   eliminated, and its oversight and advising functions transferred to
   the IETF LLC Board.

   The IETF LLC provides the corporate legal home for the IETF, the
   Internet Architecture Board (IAB), and the Internet Research Task
   Force (IRTF), and financial support for the operation of the RFC
   Editor.

   This document describes the structure of the IETF Administrative
   Support Activity, version 2 (IASA 2.0).  It defines the roles and
   responsibilities of the IETF LLC Board, the IETF Executive Director,
   and ISOC in the fiscal and administrative support of the IETF
   standards process.  It also defines the membership and selection
   rules for the IETF LLC Board.

   This document obsoletes RFC 4071, RFC 4333, and RFC 7691.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc4071bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc4071bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc7437bis: IAB, IESG, IETF Trust and IETF LLC Selection, Confirmation, and Recall Process: Operation of the IETF Nominating and Recall Committees (None - IETF stream)
    draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc2031bis: The IETF-ISOC Relationship (None - IETF stream)