Subject: Protocol Action: 'Object Security for Constrained RESTful Environments (OSCORE)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-core-object-security-16.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2019 08:49:02 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Object Security for Constrained RESTful Environments (OSCORE)'
  (draft-ietf-core-object-security-16.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Constrained RESTful Environments Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adam Roach, Alexey Melnikov and Ben Campbell.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-object-security/

Technical Summary

   This document defines Object Security for Constrained RESTful
   Environments (OSCORE), a method for application-layer protection of
   the Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP), using CBOR Object
   Signing and Encryption (COSE).  OSCORE provides end-to-end protection
   between endpoints communicating using CoAP or CoAP-mappable HTTP.
   OSCORE is designed for constrained nodes and networks supporting a
   range of proxy operations, including translation between different
   transport protocols.

Working Group Summary

   The document has gone through multiple expert reviews and has been discussed
   in multiple IETF meetings. Before the last IETF the WGLC was completed.

Document Quality

   There are 4 existing implementations of the protocol and one more is being worked on.

Personnel

 Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]> is the document shepherd.
 Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]> is the Responsible AD.