Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-sidrops-bgpsec-algs-rfc8208-bis-04.txt> (BGPsec Algorithms, Key Formats, and Signature Formats) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2019 12:17:34 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the SIDR Operations WG (sidrops) to
consider the following document: - 'BGPsec Algorithms, Key Formats, and
Signature Formats'
  <draft-ietf-sidrops-bgpsec-algs-rfc8208-bis-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-03-18. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies the algorithms, algorithm parameters,
   asymmetric key formats, asymmetric key sizes, and signature formats
   used in BGPsec (Border Gateway Protocol Security).  This document
   updates RFC 8208 ("BGPsec Algorithms, Key Formats, and Signature
   Formats") by adding Special-Use Algorithm IDs and correcting the
   range of unassigned algorithms IDs to fill the complete range.

   This document also includes example BGPsec UPDATE messages as well as
   the private keys used to generate the messages and the certificates
   necessary to validate those signatures.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidrops-bgpsec-algs-rfc8208-bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidrops-bgpsec-algs-rfc8208-bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.