Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-avtcore-multiplex-guidelines-08.txt> (Guidelines for using the Multiplexing Features of RTP to Support Multiple Media Streams) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 08:14:03 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Audio/Video Transport Core
Maintenance WG (avtcore) to consider the following document: - 'Guidelines
for using the Multiplexing Features of RTP to Support
   Multiple Media Streams'
  <draft-ietf-avtcore-multiplex-guidelines-08.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-04-10. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) is a flexible protocol that
   can be used in a wide range of applications, networks, and system
   topologies.  That flexibility makes for wide applicability, but can
   complicate the application design process.  One particular design
   question that has received much attention is how to support multiple
   media streams in RTP.  This memo discusses the available options and
   design trade-offs, and provides guidelines on how to use the
   multiplexing features of RTP to support multiple media streams.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-multiplex-guidelines/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-multiplex-guidelines/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.