Subject: Document Action: 'Video Traffic Models for RTP Congestion Control Evaluations' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-rmcat-video-traffic-model-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2019 07:36:52 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Video Traffic Models for RTP Congestion Control Evaluations'
  (draft-ietf-rmcat-video-traffic-model-07.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the RTP Media Congestion Avoidance Techniques
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Mirja Kühlewind and Spencer Dawkins.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rmcat-video-traffic-model/

Technical Summary

  This document describes two reference video traffic models for evaluating
  RTP congestion control algorithms. One is based on a statistical model of
  a live video encoder, the other is trace-driven and models the output of
  a real video encoder. These are intended to supply input data to be used
  during evaluation of congestion control algorithms for interactive RTP
  media flows under development in the RMCAT working group.

Working Group Summary

  The initial individual draft was submitted for IETF 91, and was adopted
  as a working group draft for IETF 95. Development has not moved quickly,
  but there was little controversy. Rather, the relatively slow pace of
  development reflects a desire to ensure the model is realistic and is
  implementable.

Document Quality

  The authors have made available an open source implementation of the
  model described in the draft. The draft has been widely reviewed by
  the working group over a number of years. There is no need for MIB
  doctor, media type, or other expert review, 

Personnel

  The document shepherd is Colin Perkins.
  The responsible AD is Mirja Kuehlewind.