Subject: Document Action: 'MPLS Encapsulation For The SFC NSH' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-mpls-sfc-encapsulation-04.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2019 02:16:38 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'MPLS Encapsulation For The SFC NSH'
  (draft-ietf-mpls-sfc-encapsulation-04.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-sfc-encapsulation/

Technical Summary

This document describes how to use a Service Function Forwarder (SFF)
Label (similar to a pseudowire label or VPN label) to indicate the
presence of a Service Function Chaining (SFC) Network Service Header
(NSH) between an MPLS label stack and the packet original packet/frame.
This allows SFC packets using the NSH to be forwarded between
SFFs over an MPLS network, and to select one of multiple SFFs in the
destination MPLS node.

Working Group Summary

The working group process has been swift and there is strong
support for the document.

Document Quality

This informational document follows well-established MPLS
procedures and does not require any actions by IANA or any new
protocol extensions.

Personnel

   Who is the Document Shepherd for this document?  Loa Andersson
   Who is the Responsible Area Director?  Deborah Brungard