Subject: RFC 8555 on Automatic Certificate Management Environment (ACME)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 14:08:18 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8555

        Title:      Automatic Certificate Management Environment (ACME) 
        Author:     R. Barnes,
                    J. Hoffman-Andrews,
                    D. McCarney, 
                    J. Kasten
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      95
        Characters: 196903
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-acme-acme-18.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8555

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8555

Public Key Infrastructure using X.509 (PKIX) certificates are used
for a number of purposes, the most significant of which is the
authentication of domain names.  Thus, certification authorities
(CAs) in the Web PKI are trusted to verify that an applicant for a
certificate legitimately represents the domain name(s) in the
certificate.  As of this writing, this verification is done through a
collection of ad hoc mechanisms.  This document describes a protocol
that a CA and an applicant can use to automate the process of
verification and certificate issuance.  The protocol also provides
facilities for other certificate management functions, such as
certificate revocation.

This document is a product of the Automated Certificate Management Environment Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC