Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-sidrops-https-tal-07.txt> (Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) Trust Anchor Locator) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2019 12:53:45 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the SIDR Operations WG (sidrops) to
consider the following document: - 'Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI)
Trust Anchor Locator'
  <draft-ietf-sidrops-https-tal-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-03-18. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a Trust Anchor Locator (TAL) for the Resource
   Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI).  TALs allow Relying Parties in the
   RPKI to download the current Trust Anchor (TA) CA certificate from
   one or more locations, and verify that the key of this self-signed
   certificate matches the key on the TAL.  Thus, Relying Parties can be
   configured with TA keys, but allow these TAs to change the content of
   their CA certificate.  In particular it allows TAs to change the set
   of Internet Number Resources included in the RFC3779 extension of
   their certificate.

   This document obsoletes the previous definition of Trust Anchor
   Locators in RFC 7730 by adding support for HTTPS URIs.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidrops-https-tal/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidrops-https-tal/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.