Subject: Document Action: 'The Sunset HTTP Header Field' to Informational RFC (draft-wilde-sunset-header-11.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2019 03:40:42 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'The Sunset HTTP Header Field'
  (draft-wilde-sunset-header-11.txt) as Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an IETF
Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Alexey Melnikov.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wilde-sunset-header/

Technical Summary

  This specification defines the Sunset HTTP response header field,
  which indicates that a URI is likely to become unresponsive at
  a specified point in the future. It also defines a sunset link relation
  type that allows linking to resources providing information about
  an upcoming resource or service sunset.

Working Group Summary

  This is not a WG document, however HTTPBIS was made aware of it.

Document Quality

  Version -07 had a list of implementations.

  The Document Shepherd thinks that Informational is appropriate
  for this document; it's not likely to cause harm, and it may do
  some good, but it hasn't been widely reviewed or implemented
  enough to make it standards-track.

Personnel

  Mark Nottingham is the document shepherd;
  Alexey Melnikov is the responsible Area Director.