Subject: Last Call: <draft-housley-hkdf-oids-01.txt> (Algorithm Identifiers for the HMAC-based Extract-and-Expand Key Derivation Function (HKDF)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 03:58:52 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider the
following document: - 'Algorithm Identifiers for the HMAC-based
Extract-and-Expand Key
   Derivation Function (HKDF)'
  <draft-housley-hkdf-oids-01.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-04-22. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   RFC 5869 specifies the HMAC-based Extract-and-Expand Key Derivation
   Function (HKDF) algorithm.  This document assigns algorithm
   identifiers to the HKDF algorithm when used with three common one-way
   hash functions.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-housley-hkdf-oids/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-housley-hkdf-oids/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.