Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mptcp-rfc6824bis-13.txt> (TCP Extensions for Multipath Operation with Multiple Addresses) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2019 09:57:30 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multipath TCP WG (mptcp) to consider
the following document: - 'TCP Extensions for Multipath Operation with
Multiple Addresses'
  <draft-ietf-mptcp-rfc6824bis-13.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-04-26. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   TCP/IP communication is currently restricted to a single path per
   connection, yet multiple paths often exist between peers.  The
   simultaneous use of these multiple paths for a TCP/IP session would
   improve resource usage within the network and, thus, improve user
   experience through higher throughput and improved resilience to
   network failure.

   Multipath TCP provides the ability to simultaneously use multiple
   paths between peers.  This document presents a set of extensions to
   traditional TCP to support multipath operation.  The protocol offers
   the same type of service to applications as TCP (i.e., reliable
   bytestream), and it provides the components necessary to establish
   and use multiple TCP flows across potentially disjoint paths.

   This document specifies v1 of Multipath TCP, obsoleting v0 as
   specified in RFC6824, through clarifications and modifications
   primarily driven by deployment experience.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mptcp-rfc6824bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mptcp-rfc6824bis/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1842/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1843/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3242/

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc6182: Architectural Guidelines for Multipath TCP Development (Informational - IETF stream)