Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-pce-applicability-actn-11.txt> (Applicability of the Path Computation Element (PCE) to the Abstraction and Control of TE Networks (ACTN)) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2019 19:45:07 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Path Computation Element WG (pce) to
consider the following document: - 'Applicability of the Path Computation
Element (PCE) to the Abstraction
   and Control of TE Networks (ACTN)'
  <draft-ietf-pce-applicability-actn-11.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-05-03. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Abstraction and Control of TE Networks (ACTN) refers to the set of
   virtual network (VN) operations needed to orchestrate, control and
   manage large-scale multi-domain TE networks so as to facilitate
   network programmability, automation, efficient resource sharing, and
   end-to-end virtual service aware connectivity and network function
   virtualization services.

   The Path Computation Element (PCE) is a component, application, or
   network node that is capable of computing a network path or route
   based on a network graph and applying computational constraints.  The
   PCE serves requests from Path Computation Clients (PCCs) that
   communicate with it over a local API or using the Path Computation
   Element Communication Protocol (PCEP).

   This document examines the applicability of PCE to the ACTN
   framework.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-applicability-actn/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-applicability-actn/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.