Subject: RFC 8559 on Dynamic Authorization Proxying in the Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service (RADIUS) Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2019 20:57:28 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8559

        Title:      Dynamic Authorization Proxying in the 
                    Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service (RADIUS) 
                    Protocol 
        Author:     A. DeKok,
                    J. Korhonen
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 48454
        Updates:    RFC 5176, RFC 5580

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-radext-coa-proxy-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8559

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8559

RFC 5176 defines Change-of-Authorization (CoA) and Disconnect Message
(DM) behavior for RADIUS.  RFC 5176 also suggests that proxying these
messages is possible, but it does not provide guidance as to how that
is done.  This specification updates RFC 5176 to correct that
omission for scenarios where networks use realm-based proxying as
defined in RFC 7542.  This specification also updates RFC 5580 to
allow the Operator-Name attribute in CoA-Request and
Disconnect-Request packets.

This document is a product of the RADIUS EXTensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC