Subject: Document Action: 'vCard Format Extensions: Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) Extensions for the Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP)' to Informational RFC (draft-hollenbeck-vcarddav-icann-rdap-extensions-01.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 09:14:58 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'vCard Format Extensions: Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and
   Numbers (ICANN) Extensions for the Registration Data Access
   Protocol (RDAP)'
  (draft-hollenbeck-vcarddav-icann-rdap-extensions-01.txt) as Informational
  RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an IETF
Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Alexey Melnikov.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hollenbeck-vcarddav-icann-rdap-extensions/

Technical Summary

   The document defines extensions to the vCard data format for
   representing and exchanging contact information used to implement
   the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
   operational profile for the Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP).
   The property and parameter defined here are used to add values
   to RDAP responses that are consistent with ICANN policies.

Working Group Summary

   This is not a WG document.

   While these discussions were not part of the IETF REGEXT
   Working Group, there was considerable overlap between
   members of the RDAP Pilot Working Group and the REGEXT
   Working Group throughout the period of these discussions.

Document Quality

   The extensions to the vcard Data format, both the property and
   the parameter, were the topic of discussion on the ICANN RDAP
   Pilot Working Group mailing list and on regularly scheduled
   teleconferences of ICANN RDAP Pilot Working Group members.
   The topic was available for discussion at face-to-face meetings of
   the ICANN RDAP Pilot Working Group, but did not merit material
   discussion.

   There was consistent and broad consensus among the RDAP Pilot
   Working Group to make the changes described in the document.

Personnel

  The document shepherd is Richard Wilhelm.
  The responsible Area Director is Alexey Melnikov.