Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-tsvwg-tinymt32-01.txt> (TinyMT32 Pseudo Random Number Generator (PRNG)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2019 06:54:09 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Transport Area Working Group WG
(tsvwg) to consider the following document: - 'TinyMT32 Pseudo Random Number
Generator (PRNG)'
  <draft-ietf-tsvwg-tinymt32-01.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-05-13. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes the TinyMT32 Pseudo Random Number Generator
   (PRNG) that produces 32-bit pseudo-random unsigned integers and aims
   at having a simple-to-use and deterministic solution.  This PRNG is a
   small-sized variant of Mersenne Twister (MT) PRNG, also designed by
   M.  Saito and M.  Matsumoto.  The main advantage of TinyMT32 over MT
   is the use of a small internal state, compatible with most target
   platforms including embedded devices, while keeping a reasonably good
   randomness.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-tinymt32/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-tinymt32/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.