Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-idr-bgpls-segment-routing-epe-18.txt> (BGP-LS extensions for Segment Routing BGP Egress Peer Engineering) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2019 09:30:39 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Inter-Domain Routing WG (idr) to
consider the following document: - 'BGP-LS extensions for Segment Routing BGP
Egress Peer Engineering'
  <draft-ietf-idr-bgpls-segment-routing-epe-18.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-04-17. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Segment Routing (SR) leverages source routing.  A node steers a
   packet through a controlled set of instructions, called segments, by
   prepending the packet with an SR header.  A segment can represent any
   instruction, topological or service-based.  SR segments allow
   steering a flow through any topological path and service chain while
   maintaining per-flow state only at the ingress node of the SR domain.

   This document describes an extension to BGP Link State (BGP-LS) for
   advertisement of BGP Peering Segments along with their BGP peering
   node information so that efficient BGP Egress Peer Engineering (EPE)
   policies and strategies can be computed based on Segment Routing.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgpls-segment-routing-epe/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgpls-segment-routing-epe/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2721/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2611/