Subject: New Non-WG Mailing List: LOOPS

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2019 09:16:15 -0700

A new IETF non-working group email list has been created.

List address: [email-masked]
Archive: https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/browse/loops/
To subscribe: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/loops

Purpose:
Performance enhancing functions in the network increasingly no longer
can peek into and manipulate higher layer information, but now can be
built on more powerful platforms. That opens the opportunity to perform
optimizations such as loss recovery (retransmission, recovery via FEC)
between the ingress and the egress nodes of a tunnel that spans a path
segment. LOOPS (Local Optimizations on Path Segments) is an effort to
start a working group that defines a protocol for such a function and an
information model for the data exchanged between the tunnel ends, with
bindings to multiple encapsulation schemes.

More information can be found at https://github.com/loops-wg/.

This list belong IETF area: TSV

For additional information, please contact the list administrators.