Subject: Protocol Action: 'BGPsec Algorithms, Key Formats, and Signature Formats' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-sidrops-bgpsec-algs-rfc8208-bis-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2019 06:32:32 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'BGPsec Algorithms, Key Formats, and Signature Formats'
  (draft-ietf-sidrops-bgpsec-algs-rfc8208-bis-05.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the SIDR Operations Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Warren Kumari and Ignas Bagdonas.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidrops-bgpsec-algs-rfc8208-bis/

Technical Summary

   This document specifies the algorithms, algorithm parameters,
   asymmetric key formats, asymmetric key sizes, and signature formats
   used in BGPsec (Border Gateway Protocol Security).  This document
   updates RFC 8208 ("BGPsec Algorithms, Key Formats, and Signature
   Formats") by adding Special-Use Algorithm IDs and correcting the
   range of unassigned algorithms IDs to fill the complete range.

   This document also includes example BGPsec UPDATE messages as well as
   the private keys used to generate the messages and the certificates
   necessary to validate those signatures.

Working Group Summary

  There was nothing in the WG review which was notable.

Document Quality

 This is an update to the existing document, there was nothing super special here.
It's the specification of algorithms and parameters to those algorithms to be used in the
BGPSec protocol

Personnel

Document Shepherd: Chris Morrow ([email-masked])
Responsible AD: Warren Kumari ([email-masked])