Subject: RFC 8549 on Export of BGP Community Information in IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2019 20:06:32 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8549

        Title:      Export of BGP Community Information 
                    in IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX) 
        Author:     Z. Li, 
                    R. Gu,
                    J. Dong
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 43692
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-opsawg-ipfix-bgp-community-12.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8549

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8549

By introducing new Information Elements (IEs), this document extends
the existing BGP-related IEs to enable IP Flow Information Export
(IPFIX) to export BGP community information, including the BGP
Standard Communities defined in RFC 1997, BGP Extended Communities
defined in RFC 4360, and BGP Large Communities defined in RFC 8092.
According to the network operator's BGP community planning, network
traffic information can then be accumulated and analyzed at the BGP
community granularity, which represents the traffic of different
kinds of customers, services, or geographical regions.  Network
traffic information at the BGP community granularity is useful for
network traffic analysis and engineering.

This document is a product of the Operations and Management Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC