Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-lamps-rfc6844bis-05.txt> (DNS Certification Authority Authorization (CAA) Resource Record) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2019 06:59:23 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Limited Additional Mechanisms for
PKIX and SMIME WG (lamps) to consider the following document: - 'DNS
Certification Authority Authorization (CAA) Resource Record'
  <draft-ietf-lamps-rfc6844bis-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-05-08. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Certification Authority Authorization (CAA) DNS Resource Record
   allows a DNS domain name holder to specify one or more Certification
   Authorities (CAs) authorized to issue certificates for that domain
   name.  CAA Resource Records allow a public Certification Authority to
   implement additional controls to reduce the risk of unintended
   certificate mis-issue.  This document defines the syntax of the CAA
   record and rules for processing CAA records by certificate issuers.

   This document obsoletes RFC 6844.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lamps-rfc6844bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lamps-rfc6844bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.