Subject: Protocol Action: 'YANG Alarm Module' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-ccamp-alarm-module-09.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2019 13:52:01 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'YANG Alarm Module'
  (draft-ietf-ccamp-alarm-module-09.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-alarm-module/

Technical Summary

This document defines a YANG module for alarm management.  It
includes functions for alarm list management, alarm shelving and
notifications to inform management systems.  There are also
operations to manage the operator state of an alarm and
administrative alarm procedures.  The module carefully maps to
relevant alarm standards.

Working Group Summary

The draft was first presented in Netmod working group as defining
a generic alarm model, but then moved to CCAMP as the working
group has the right competence to correctly progress this work.
This was a successful move as the draft was rapidly progressed with
very good support and also attracting new participants to the working
group.

Document Quality

The draft has been discussed many times on the mailing list and
has been the subject of many liaisons between the IETF and other
SDOs. It is also supported by various telco vendors. The draft has
already been reviewed by the YANG doctors with very positive feedbacks.

Personnel

   Who is the Document Shepherd for this document?  Daniele Ceccarelli
   Who is the Responsible Area Director?  Deborah Brungard