Subject: Document Action: 'Link Relation Types for Web Services' to Informational RFC (draft-wilde-service-link-rel-10.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2019 15:01:37 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Link Relation Types for Web Services'
  (draft-wilde-service-link-rel-10.txt) as Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an IETF
Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Alexey Melnikov.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wilde-service-link-rel/

Technical Summary

  Many resources provided on the Web are part of sets of resources that are
  provided in a context that is managed by one particular service provider.
  Often, these sets of resources are referred to as "Web Services" or "Web APIs".
  This specification defines link relations for representing relationships from
  those resources to ones that provide documentation, descriptions, or metadata
  for these Web services. Documentation is primarily intended for human
  consumers, whereas descriptions are primarily intended for automated consumers;
  metadata is supposed to be information about a service's context. It also
  defines a link relation to identify status resources that are used to represent
  operational information about service status.

Working Group Summary

  This is not a product of any WG, however HTTPBIS WG was made aware of this document.

Document Quality

  The Document Shepherd thinks that Informational is appropriate
  for this document; it's not likely to cause harm, and it may do some
  good, but it hasn't been widely reviewed or implemented enough
  to make it standards-track.

Personnel

  Mark Nottingham is the document shepherd;
  Alexey Melnikov is the responsible Area Director.