Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-softwire-map-radius-23.txt> (RADIUS Attributes for Address plus Port (A+P) based Softwire Mechanisms) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2019 08:16:27 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Softwires WG (softwire) to consider
the following document: - 'RADIUS Attributes for Address plus Port (A+P)
based Softwire
   Mechanisms'
  <draft-ietf-softwire-map-radius-23.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-05-31. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   IPv4-over-IPv6 transition mechanisms provide IPv4 connectivity
   services over IPv6 native networks during the IPv4/IPv6 co-existence
   period.  DHCPv6 options have been defined for configuring clients for
   Lightweight 4over6, Mapping of Address and Port with Encapsulation,
   and Mapping of Address and Port using Translation unicast softwire
   mechanisms, and also multicast softwires.  However, in many networks,
   configuration information is stored in an Authentication,
   Authorization, and Accounting server which utilizes the RADIUS
   protocol to provide centralized management for users.  When a new
   transition mechanism is developed, new RADIUS attributes need to be
   defined correspondingly.

   This document defines new RADIUS attributes to carry Address plus
   Port based softwire configuration parameters from an Authentication,
   Authorization, and Accounting server to a Broadband Network Gateway.
   Both unicast and multicast attributes are covered.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-softwire-map-radius/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-softwire-map-radius/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.