Subject: Protocol Action: 'Segment Routing with MPLS data plane' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-mpls-22.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2019 10:45:16 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Segment Routing with MPLS data plane'
  (draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-mpls-22.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Source Packet Routing in Networking
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Deborah Brungard and Martin
Vigoureux.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-mpls/

Technical Summary
   Segment Routing (SR) leverages the source routing paradigm.  A node
   steers a packet through a controlled set of instructions, called
   segments, by prepending the packet with an SR header.  In the MPLS
   dataplane, the SR header is instantiated through a label stack. This
   document specifies the forwarding behavior to allow instantiating SR
   over the MPLS dataplane.

Working Group Summary
  There is consensus amongst the Working Group to progress this Document towards becoming a Proposed Standard RFC.

Document Quality
  The Document is quite well written and has undergone editing work to become more focused on its key aspect.
  Several implementations of Segment Routing MPLS exist.

Personnel

  Shraddha Hegde is the Document Shepherd
  Martin Vigoureux is the Responsible Area Director