Subject: RFC 8601 on Message Header Field for Indicating Message Authentication Status

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 May 2019 13:47:45 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8601

        Title:      Message Header Field for Indicating 
                    Message Authentication Status 
        Author:     M. Kucherawy
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      54
        Characters: 122384
        Obsoletes:  RFC 7601

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dmarc-rfc7601bis-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8601

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8601

This document specifies a message header field called
"Authentication-Results" for use with electronic mail messages to
indicate the results of message authentication efforts.  Any
receiver-side software, such as mail filters or Mail User Agents
(MUAs), can use this header field to relay that information in a
convenient and meaningful way to users or to make sorting and
filtering decisions.

This document obsoletes RFC 7601.

This document is a product of the Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting & Conformance Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC