Subject: Protocol Action: 'Algorithm Identifiers for the HMAC-based Extract-and-Expand Key Derivation Function (HKDF)' to Proposed Standard (draft-housley-hkdf-oids-01.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2019 13:11:26 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Algorithm Identifiers for the HMAC-based Extract-and-Expand Key
   Derivation Function (HKDF)'
  (draft-housley-hkdf-oids-01.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an IETF
Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Benjamin Kaduk.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-housley-hkdf-oids/

Technical Summary

   RFC 5869 specifies the HMAC-based Extract-and-Expand Key Derivation
   Function (HKDF) algorithm.  This document assigns algorithm
   identifiers to the HKDF algorithm when used with three common one-way
   hash functions.

Working Group Summary

   This document is not the product of a working group, but is very
   simple and uncontroversial.

Document Quality

   At least one implementation is planned after publication.  The document
   is just assigning OID values to existing algorithms defined elsewhere.

Personnel

   Benjamin Kaduk is the responsible Area Director.