Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-segment-routing-ext-14.txt> (BGP Link-State extensions for Segment Routing) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2019 07:29:59 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Inter-Domain Routing WG (idr) to
consider the following document: - 'BGP Link-State extensions for Segment
Routing'
  <draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-segment-routing-ext-14.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-05-23. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Segment Routing (SR) allows for a flexible definition of end-to-end
   paths by encoding paths as sequences of topological sub-paths, called
   "segments".  These segments are advertised by routing protocols e.g.
   by the link state routing protocols (IS-IS, OSPFv2 and OSPFv3) within
   IGP topologies.

   This draft defines extensions to the BGP Link-state address-family in
   order to carry segment routing information via BGP.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-segment-routing-ext/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-segment-routing-ext/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.