Subject: RFC 8579 on Sieve Email Filtering: Delivering to Special-Use Mailboxes

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 May 2019 22:30:37 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8579

        Title:      Sieve Email Filtering: Delivering to 
                    Special-Use Mailboxes 
        Author:     S. Bosch
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 24716
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-extra-sieve-special-use-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8579

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8579

The SPECIAL-USE capability of the IMAP protocol (RFC 6154) allows
clients to identify special-use mailboxes, e.g., where draft or sent
messages should be put.  This simplifies client configuration.  In
contrast, the Sieve mail filtering language (RFC 5228) currently has
no such capability.  This memo defines a Sieve extension that fills
this gap: it adds a test for checking whether a special-use attribute
is assigned for a particular mailbox or any mailbox, and it adds the
ability to file messages into a mailbox identified solely by a
special-use attribute.

This document is a product of the Email mailstore and eXtensions To Revise or Amend Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC