Subject: RFC 8615 on Well-Known Uniform Resource Identifiers (URIs)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 May 2019 13:17:24 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8615

        Title:      Well-Known Uniform Resource Identifiers (URIs) 
        Author:     M. Nottingham
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 26866
        Obsoletes:  RFC 5785
        Updates:    RFC 7230, RFC 7595

        I-D Tag:    draft-nottingham-rfc5785bis-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8615

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8615

This memo defines a path prefix for "well-known locations",
"/.well-known/", in selected Uniform Resource Identifier (URI)
schemes.

In doing so, it obsoletes RFC 5785 and updates the URI schemes
defined in RFC 7230 to reserve that space.  It also updates RFC 7595
to track URI schemes that support well-known URIs in their registry.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC