Subject: Protocol Action: 'Router Keying for BGPsec' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-sidrops-rtr-keying-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2019 14:51:18 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Router Keying for BGPsec'
  (draft-ietf-sidrops-rtr-keying-06.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the SIDR Operations Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Warren Kumari and Ignas Bagdonas.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidrops-rtr-keying/

Technical Summary

   BGPsec-speaking routers are provisioned with private keys in order to
   sign BGPsec announcements.  The corresponding public keys are
   published in the global Resource Public Key Infrastructure, enabling
   verification of BGPsec messages.  This document describes two methods
   of generating the public-private key-pairs: router-driven and
   operator-driven.

Working Group Summary

   This document started out in the SIDR Working Group (in 2012), and was successfully WGLCed there (2017-04-05).
   It took some time to address comments, and the document was moved from SIDR (under Alvaro) to SIDROPS
   when the SIDR WG was shut down (2018-09-06).
   
   The consensus in SIDR was good, in SIDROPS there've been no objections.

Document Quality

  The document is well written and easily read.

Personnel

   Chris Morrow is DS
   Warren Kumari is RAD!