Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-bfd-vxlan-07.txt> (BFD for VXLAN) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2019 12:49:34 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Bidirectional Forwarding Detection
WG (bfd) to consider the following document: - 'BFD for VXLAN'
  <draft-ietf-bfd-vxlan-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-05-31. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes the use of the Bidirectional Forwarding
   Detection (BFD) protocol in point-to-point Virtual eXtensible Local
   Area Network (VXLAN) tunnels forming up an overlay network.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bfd-vxlan/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bfd-vxlan/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3193/

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc7348: Virtual eXtensible Local Area Network (VXLAN): A Framework for Overlaying Virtualized Layer 2 Networks over Layer 3 Networks (Informational - Independent Submission Editor stream)