Subject: RFC 8594 on The Sunset HTTP Header Field

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 May 2019 20:04:01 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8594

        Title:      The Sunset HTTP Header Field 
        Author:     E. Wilde
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 23588
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-wilde-sunset-header-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8594

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8594

This specification defines the Sunset HTTP response header field,
which indicates that a URI is likely to become unresponsive at a
specified point in the future.  It also defines a sunset link
relation type that allows linking to resources providing information
about an upcoming resource or service sunset.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC