Subject: Protocol Action: 'Deterministic Networking Architecture' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-detnet-architecture-13.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2019 08:51:07 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Deterministic Networking Architecture'
  (draft-ietf-detnet-architecture-13.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Deterministic Networking Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-detnet-architecture/

Technical Summary

This document provides the overall architecture for Deterministic
Networking (DetNet), which provides a capability to carry specified
unicast or multicast data flows for real-time applications with
extremely low data loss rates and bounded latency within a network
domain.

Working Group Summary

Nothing particular worth noting.

Document Quality

The document is the foundation for other DetNet WG activities.  It has
been reviewed and discussed by many, including the WG technical advisor
who is also TSV WG co-chair.  Multiple organizations have stated that
they are working on developing DetNet solutions and early solutions
based on the principles described in this document have been
demonstrated.

Personnel

   Who is the Document Shepherd for this document? Lou Berger
   Who is the Responsible Area Director?  Deborah Brungard