Subject: Protocol Action: 'Dynamic Link Exchange Protocol (DLEP) Multi-Hop Forwarding Extension' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-manet-dlep-multi-hop-extension-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2019 07:45:33 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Dynamic Link Exchange Protocol (DLEP) Multi-Hop Forwarding Extension'
  (draft-ietf-manet-dlep-multi-hop-extension-07.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-dlep-multi-hop-extension/

Technical Summary

   This document defines an extension to the DLEP protocol that enables
   the reporting and control of Multi-Hop Forwarding by DLEP capable
   modems.

Working Group Summary

   The Working Group process proceeded without any issues. The 
   authors took most of the points raised on the mailing list and 
   incorporated them into the document. The document reached last 
   call without controversy.

Document Quality

   There are no implementations of the specification, however, vendors 
   plan to implement.

Personnel

   The Document Shepherd is Stan Ratliff. 
   The responsible Area Director is Alvaro Retana.