Subject: Protocol Action: 'BGP-LS extensions for Segment Routing BGP Egress Peer Engineering' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-idr-bgpls-segment-routing-epe-19.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2019 14:54:06 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'BGP-LS extensions for Segment Routing BGP Egress Peer Engineering'
  (draft-ietf-idr-bgpls-segment-routing-epe-19.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgpls-segment-routing-epe/

Technical Summary

   This document describes an extension to BGP Link State (BGP-LS) for
   advertisement of BGP Peering Segments along with their BGP peering
   node information so that efficient BGP Egress Peer Engineering (EPE)
   policies and strategies can be computed based on Segment Routing.

Working Group Summary

   The WG has reviewed the BGP-LS segment
   routing drafts for 3-5 years in coordination with the 
   SPRING, MPLS, and BESS working groups. 

Document Quality

   Yes, there are existing implementations. 

Personnel

    Document Shepherd: Susan Hares
    Responsible AD: Alvaro Retana