Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-lamps-cms-hash-sig-08.txt> (Use of the HSS/LMS Hash-based Signature Algorithm in the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2019 11:17:00 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Limited Additional Mechanisms for
PKIX and SMIME WG (lamps) to consider the following document: - 'Use of the
HSS/LMS Hash-based Signature Algorithm in the Cryptographic
   Message Syntax (CMS)'
  <draft-ietf-lamps-cms-hash-sig-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-08-01. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies the conventions for using the the HSS/LMS
   hash-based signature algorithm with the Cryptographic Message Syntax
   (CMS).  In addition, the algorithm identifier and public key syntax
   are provided.  The HSS/LMS algorithm is one form of hash-based
   digital signature; it is described in RFC 8554.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lamps-cms-hash-sig/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lamps-cms-hash-sig/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc8554: Leighton-Micali Hash-Based Signatures (Informational - IRTF Stream)