Subject: Protocol Action: 'Using RPL Option Type, Routing Header for Source Routes and IPv6-in-IPv6 encapsulation in the RPL Data Plane' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-roll-useofrplinfo-31.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2019 14:29:42 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Using RPL Option Type, Routing Header for Source Routes and IPv6-in-
   IPv6 encapsulation in the RPL Data Plane'
  (draft-ietf-roll-useofrplinfo-31.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-useofrplinfo/

Technical Summary

   This document provides a series of examples that align RFC6553 
   with the recent changes in processing described in RFC8200. In other 
   words, the examples are intended to be normative explanation of the 
   results of executing that language. 
   Existing deployed networks may experience a flag day as a result of 
   some of the suggested changes, and this document provides a way 
   to mitigate such an occurrence.

Working Group Summary

   There was clear consensus in the ROLL WG that this document was 
   needed.  The extensive subject, involving many details, has led to 
   lengthy discussions about terminology, and coverage of all cases.

Document Quality

   The document is of special value to the the 6tisch WG.
   There are no known implementations by manufacturers, but 
   comments have been incorporated from people who needed to 
   address a subset of the  cases discussed in the document.
   The drafts ietf-anima-bootstrapping-keyinfra and 
   ietf-6tisch-dtsecurity-secure-join rely on the cases discussed 
   in this document.

Personnel

   Document Shepherd is Peter van der Stok
   Responsible Area Director is Alvaro Retana