Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-netmod-artwork-folding-07.txt> (Handling Long Lines in Inclusions in Internet-Drafts and RFCs) to Best Current Practice

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 13:42:53 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Network Modeling WG (netmod) to
consider the following document: - 'Handling Long Lines in Inclusions in
Internet-Drafts and RFCs'
  <draft-ietf-netmod-artwork-folding-07.txt> as Best Current Practice

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-08-13. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines two strategies for handling long lines in
   width-bounded text content.  One strategy is based on the historic
   use of a single backslash ('\') character to indicate where line-
   folding has occurred, with the continuation occurring with the first
   non-space (' ') character on the next line.  The second strategy
   extends the first strategy by adding a second backslash character to
   identify where the continuation begins and thereby able to handle
   cases not supported by the first strategy.  Both strategies use a
   self-describing header enabling automated reconstitution of the
   original content.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-artwork-folding/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-artwork-folding/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.