Subject: Protocol Action: 'Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure: Additional Algorithm Identifiers for RSASSA-PSS and ECDSA using SHAKEs' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-lamps-pkix-shake-13.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 06:37:54 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure: Additional Algorithm
   Identifiers for RSASSA-PSS and ECDSA using SHAKEs'
  (draft-ietf-lamps-pkix-shake-13.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Limited Additional Mechanisms for PKIX
and SMIME Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Benjamin Kaduk and Roman Danyliw.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lamps-pkix-shake/

Technical Summary

   This document describes the conventions for using the SHAKE function
   family in Internet X.509 certificates and CRLs as a one-way hash
   function with RSA-PSS and ECDSA signature algorithms.  The
   conventions for the associated subject public keys are also
   described.

Working Group Summary

   Was there anything in the WG process that is worth noting?
   For example, was there controversy about particular points 
   or were there decisions where the consensus was
   particularly rough? 

Document Quality

    There is consensus for this document in the LAMPS WG.  

    X.509 certificates and CRLs are widely deployed.  A few people
    have expressed interest in using SHAKE in their implementations.

Personnel

    Russ Housley is the document shepherd.
    Roman Danyliw is the responsible area director.