Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-rmcat-nada-11.txt> (NADA: A Unified Congestion Control Scheme for Real-Time Media) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2019 19:02:55 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the RTP Media Congestion Avoidance
Techniques WG (rmcat) to consider the following document: - 'NADA: A Unified
Congestion Control Scheme for Real-Time Media'
  <draft-ietf-rmcat-nada-11.txt> as Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-08-12. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes NADA (network-assisted dynamic adaptation), a
   novel congestion control scheme for interactive real-time media
   applications, such as video conferencing.  In the proposed scheme,
   the sender regulates its sending rate based on either implicit or
   explicit congestion signaling, in a unified approach.  The scheme can
   benefit from explicit congestion notification (ECN) markings from
   network nodes.  It also maintains consistent sender behavior in the
   absence of such markings, by reacting to queuing delays and packet
   losses instead.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rmcat-nada/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rmcat-nada/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2890/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2671/