Subject: Call for Comment: <draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc6220bis-03> (Defining the Role and Function of IETF Protocol Parameter Registry Operators)

From: IAB Executive Administrative Manager <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2019 11:19:33 -0700

This is an announcement of an IETF-wide Call for Comment on 
draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc6220bis-03.

The document is being considered for publication as an Informational RFC 
within the IAB stream, and is available for inspection at:
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc6220bis/>

The Call for Comment will last until 2019-09-18. Please send comments to
[email-masked] and [email-masked].

Abstract

   Many Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) protocols make use of
   commonly defined values that are passed in messages or packets.  To
   ensure consistent interpretation of these values between independent
   implementations, there is a need to ensure that the values and
   associated semantic intent are uniquely defined.  The IETF uses
   registry functions to record assigned protocol parameter values and
   their associated semantic intentions.  For each IETF protocol
   parameter, it is current practice for the IETF to delegate the role
   of Protocol Parameter Registry Operator to a nominated entity.  This
   document provides a description of, and the requirements for, these
   delegated functions.

[Cover Note]

   [The IASA2 WG asks the IAB to publish this replacement for RFC 6220.
   This document is changed for alignment with the new structure for the
   IETF Administrative Support Activity (IASA). ]