Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-pce-stateful-hpce-11.txt> (Hierarchical Stateful Path Computation Element (PCE).) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2019 13:07:02 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Path Computation Element WG (pce) to
consider the following document: - 'Hierarchical Stateful Path Computation
Element (PCE).'
  <draft-ietf-pce-stateful-hpce-11.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-08-28. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   A Stateful Path Computation Element (PCE) maintains information on
   the current network state, including: computed Label Switched Path
   (LSPs), reserved resources within the network, and pending path
   computation requests. This information may then be considered when
   computing new traffic engineered LSPs, and for associated and
   dependent LSPs, received from Path Computation Clients (PCCs). The
   Path computation response from a PCE is helpful for the PCC to
   gracefully establish the computed LSP.

   The Hierarchical Path Computation Element (H-PCE) architecture,
   provides an architecture to allow the optimum sequence of
   inter-connected domains to be selected, and network policy to be
   applied if applicable, via the use of a hierarchical relationship
   between PCEs.

   Combining the capabilities of Stateful PCE and the Hierarchical PCE
   would be advantageous. This document describes general considerations
   and use cases for the deployment of Stateful, and not Stateless, PCEs
   using the Hierarchical PCE architecture.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-stateful-hpce/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-stateful-hpce/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.