Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-pce-lsp-control-request-07.txt> (Ability for a Stateful Path Computation Element (PCE) to request and obtain control of a Label Switched Path (LSP)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2019 13:06:45 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Path Computation Element WG (pce) to
consider the following document: - 'Ability for a Stateful Path Computation
Element (PCE) to request and
   obtain control of a Label Switched Path (LSP)'
  <draft-ietf-pce-lsp-control-request-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-08-28. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   A Stateful Path Computation Element (PCE) retains information about
   the placement of Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Traffic
   Engineering Label Switched Paths (TE LSPs).  When a PCE has stateful
   control over LSPs it may send indications to LSP head-ends to modify
   the attributes (especially the paths) of the LSPs.  A Path
   Computation Client (PCC) has set up LSPs under local configuration
   may delegate control of those LSPs to a stateful PCE.

   There are use-cases in which a stateful PCE may wish to obtain
   control of locally configured LSPs of which it is aware but that have
   not been delegated to the PCE.

   This document describes an extension to the Path Computation Element
   communication Protocol (PCEP) to enable a PCE to make such requests.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-lsp-control-request/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-lsp-control-request/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.