Subject: RFC 8581 on Diameter Agent Overload and the Peer Overload Report

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 13:07:18 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8581

        Title:      Diameter Agent Overload and the 
                    Peer Overload Report 
        Author:     S. Donovan
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 38078
        Updates:    RFC 7683

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dime-agent-overload-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8581

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8581

This specification documents an extension to the Diameter Overload
Indication Conveyance (DOIC), a base solution for Diameter overload
defined in RFC 7683.  The extension defines the Peer Overload report
type.  The initial use case for the peer report is the handling of
occurrences of overload of a Diameter Agent.

This document is a product of the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC