Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-teas-native-ip-scenarios-08.txt> (Scenarios and Simulation Results of PCE in Native IP Network) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2019 11:08:57 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Traffic Engineering Architecture and
Signaling WG (teas) to consider the following document: - 'Scenarios and
Simulation Results of PCE in Native IP Network'
  <draft-ietf-teas-native-ip-scenarios-08.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-09-13. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Requirements for providing the End to End(E2E) performance assurance
   are emerging within the service provider network.  While there are
   various technology solutions, there is no one solution which can
   fulfill these requirements for a native IP network.  One universal
   (E2E) solution which can cover both intra-domain and inter-domain
   scenarios is needed.

   One feasible E2E traffic engineering solution is the use of a Path
   Computation Elements (PCE) in a native IP network.  This document
   describes various complex scenarios and simulation results when
   applying a PCE in a native IP network.  This solution, referred to as
   Centralized Control Dynamic Routing (CCDR), integrates the advantage
   of using distributed protocols and the power of a centralized control
   technology.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-native-ip-scenarios/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-native-ip-scenarios/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.