Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-sipcore-callinfo-spam-04.txt> (SIP Call-Info Parameters for Labeling Calls) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2019 06:09:55 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Session Initiation Protocol Core WG
(sipcore) to consider the following document: - 'SIP Call-Info Parameters for
Labeling Calls'
  <draft-ietf-sipcore-callinfo-spam-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-09-14. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Called parties often wish to decide whether to accept, reject or
   redirect calls based on the likely nature of the call.  For example,
   they may want to reject unwanted telemarketing or fraudulent calls,
   but accept emergency alerts from numbers not in their address book.
   This document describes SIP Call-Info parameters and a feature tag
   that allow originating, intermediate and terminating SIP entities to
   label calls as to their type, confidence and references to additional
   information.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipcore-callinfo-spam/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipcore-callinfo-spam/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc3324: Short Term Requirements for Network Asserted Identity (Informational - IETF stream)