Subject: Protocol Action: 'OSPF Routing with Cross-Address Family Traffic Engineering Tunnels' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-ospf-xaf-te-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 07:21:42 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'OSPF Routing with Cross-Address Family Traffic Engineering Tunnels'
  (draft-ietf-ospf-xaf-te-07.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Link State Routing Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Deborah Brungard and Martin
Vigoureux.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-xaf-te/

Technical Summary

      This document specifies extensions to OSPF Traffic Engineering 
      to include allow tunnel endpoints for both IPv4 and IPv6 to be
      advertised in the OSPF traffic engineering LSAs for either OSPFv2
      or OSPFv3. In cases where the topologies are congruent, this allows
      TE information to be only advertised in one of the two.

      Non-normative text also describes how this information is used
      across address families in the TE tunnel computation.

Working Group Summary

      There has been some confusion on how this is used and the draft
      has gone through iterations to separate the normative advertisement
      from the TE tunnel computation itself. This has now been clarified 
      and there are no objections to the draft. 

Document Quality

      This document has been a WG document for a multiple years.
      It is stable, without changes to the technical solution and only
      clarifications, as well as, separation of the advertisement from
      the TE tunnel computation. 

Personnel

      Acee Lindem is the Document Shepherd.
      Martin Vigoureux is the Responsible AD, on behalf of Alvaro Retana