Subject: RFC 8621 on The JSON Meta Application Protocol (JMAP) for Mail

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2019 16:10:40 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8621

        Title:      The JSON Meta Application Protocol 
                    (JMAP) for Mail 
        Author:     N. Jenkins, C. Newman
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      108
        Characters: 201263
        Updates:    RFC 5788

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-jmap-mail-16.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8621

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8621

This document specifies a data model for synchronising email data
with a server using the JSON Meta Application Protocol (JMAP).
Clients can use this to efficiently search, access, organise, and
send messages, and to get push notifications for fast
resynchronisation when new messages are delivered or a change is made
in another client.

This document is a product of the JSON Mail Access Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC