Subject: Last Call: <draft-klensin-idna-unicode-review-02.txt> (IDNA Review for New Unicode Versions) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2019 09:08:48 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider the
following document: - 'IDNA Review for New Unicode Versions'
  <draft-klensin-idna-unicode-review-02.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-08-30. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The standards for Internationalized Domain Names in Applications
   (IDNA) require a review of each new version of Unicode to determine
   whether incompatibilities with prior version or other issues exist
   and, where appropriate, to allow the IETF to decide on the trade-offs
   between compatibility with prior IDNA versions and compatibility with
   Unicode going forward.  That requirement, and its relationship to
   tables maintained by IANA, has caused significant confusion in the
   past.  This document makes adjustments to the review procedure based
   on experience and updates IDNA, specifically RFC 5892, to reflect
   those changes and clarify the various relationships involved.  It
   also makes other minor adjustments to align that document with
   experience.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-klensin-idna-unicode-review/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-klensin-idna-unicode-review/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.