Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-cbor-array-tags-07.txt> (Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR) Tags for Typed Arrays) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2019 06:03:30 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Concise Binary Object Representation
Maintenance and Extensions WG (cbor) to consider the following document: -
'Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR) Tags for Typed Arrays'
  <draft-ietf-cbor-array-tags-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-09-05. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR, RFC 7049) is a data
   format whose design goals include the possibility of extremely small
   code size, fairly small message size, and extensibility without the
   need for version negotiation.

   The present document makes use of this extensibility to define a
   number of CBOR tags for typed arrays of numeric data, as well as two
   additional tags for multi-dimensional and homogeneous arrays.  It is
   intended as the reference document for the IANA registration of the
   CBOR tags defined.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cbor-array-tags/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cbor-array-tags/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.