Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-manet-dlep-lid-extension-05.txt> (DLEP Link Identifier Extension) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2019 11:48:37 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks WG (manet) to
consider the following document: - 'DLEP Link Identifier Extension'
  <draft-ietf-manet-dlep-lid-extension-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-08-15. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Dynamic Link Exchange Protocol (DLEP) [RFC8175] describes a
   protocol for modems to advertise the status of wireless links between
   reachable destinations to attached routers.  The core specification
   of the protocol assumes that every modem in the radio network has an
   attached DLEP router, and requires that the MAC address of the DLEP
   interface on the attached router be used to identify the destination
   in the network, for purposes of reporting the state and quality of
   the link to that destination.

   This document describes a DLEP Extension allowing modems that do not
   meet the strict requirement above to use DLEP to describe link
   availability and quality to one or more destinations reachable beyond
   a device on the Layer 2 domain.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-dlep-lid-extension/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-dlep-lid-extension/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.