Subject: IETF Tools Support RFP

From: IETF Administration LLC Executive Director <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2019 13:34:08 -0700

The IETF Administration LLC (IETF LLC) is soliciting three proposals for three 
separate contractors to support IETF tools for standards development work.  
Bidders may submit bids for one or more of these positions; however, no bidder 
will be awarded more than one of these positions.  Proposals from any 
commercial or non-commercial vendor are welcome.
  
The RFP and SOW are located here:  https://www.ietf.org/about/administration/rfps/

Timeline
30 Aug 2019:	RFP Issued
09 Sep 2019:	Questions and Inquiries deadline
13 Sep 2019:	Answers to questions issued, RFP Addenda and Update issued
30 Sep 2019:	Proposals due
18 Oct 2019:	Selection made, negotiations begin
01 Nov 2019:	Contract execution
01 Jan 2020:	Work begins

Overview 
The Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) is the premier Internet standards body
and is a community-led organization that develops open standards through open
processes. The IETF is vital to how the Internet works today and plays a critical
role in the global infrastructure of the Internet.

The standards development work of the IETF is supported by a variety of software
tools. This statement of work describes three positions related to the support of
those tools.  Bidders may submit bids for one or more of these positions; 
however, no bidder will be awarded more than one of these positions. The 
positions are:

•	Tools Maintenance;
•	YANG Catalog Maintenance; and
•	Minor Tools Enhancements.

All contractors shall follow the software development instructions at 
https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/wiki/ContractorInstructions?version=26.

The IETF software tools serve a wide variety of people, including IETF participants
who author and publish standards (called Requests for Comments or RFCs) and
draft standards (called Internet-Drafts), participate in discussions on mail lists,
and attend in-person meetings; consumers of RFCs and other information 
produced by the IETF; IETF leadership groups who provide technical and 
administrative oversight and management; and staff members who support the 
IETF and the RFC publication process. In-person IETF meetings occur three times
per year at locations around the globe. Tools efforts are coordinated through the
IETF Tools Team, which consists of both volunteers and contractors. Input from
the IETF community is encouraged in general and often explicitly sought when 
major new tools projects are being considered.

Please reply with questions, if any, and a bid if you are interested in pursuing this
opportunity to [email-masked]. 

Thanks in advance.

Portia Wenze-Danley
IETF LLC Executive Director, Interim