Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-payload-tsvcis-01.txt> (RTP Payload Format for TSVCIS Codec) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2019 21:06:48 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Audio/Video Transport Payloads WG
(payload) to consider the following document: - 'RTP Payload Format for
TSVCIS Codec'
  <draft-ietf-payload-tsvcis-01.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-09-25. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes the RTP payload format for the Tactical
   Secure Voice Cryptographic Interoperability Specification (TSVCIS)
   speech coder.  TSVCIS is a scalable narrowband voice coder supporting
   varying encoder data rates and fallbacks.  It is implemented as an
   augmentation to the Mixed Excitation Linear Prediction Enhanced
   (MELPe) speech coder by conveying additional speech coder parameters
   for enhancing voice quality.  TSVCIS augmented speech data is
   processed in conjunction with its temporal matched MELP 2400 speech
   data.  The RTP packetization of TSVCIS and MELPe speech coder data is
   described in detail.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-payload-tsvcis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-payload-tsvcis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.