Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dmm-pmipv6-dlif-04.txt> (Proxy Mobile IPv6 extensions for Distributed Mobility Management) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2019 05:57:02 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Distributed Mobility Management WG
(dmm) to consider the following document: - 'Proxy Mobile IPv6 extensions for
Distributed Mobility Management'
  <draft-ietf-dmm-pmipv6-dlif-04.txt> as Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-10-14. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Distributed Mobility Management solutions allow for setting up
   networks so that traffic is distributed in an optimal way and does
   not rely on centrally deployed anchors to provide IP mobility
   support.

   There are many different approaches to address Distributed Mobility
   Management, as for example extending network-based mobility protocols
   (like Proxy Mobile IPv6), or client-based mobility protocols (like
   Mobile IPv6), among others.  This document follows the former
   approach and proposes a solution based on Proxy Mobile IPv6 in which
   mobility sessions are anchored at the last IP hop router (called
   mobility anchor and access router).  The mobility anchor and access
   router is an enhanced access router which is also able to operate as
   a local mobility anchor or mobility access gateway, on a per prefix
   basis.  The document focuses on the required extensions to
   effectively support simultaneously anchoring several flows at
   different distributed gateways.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dmm-pmipv6-dlif/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dmm-pmipv6-dlif/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1724/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3477/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3478/