Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dmm-distributed-mobility-anchoring-13.txt> (Distributed Mobility Anchoring) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2019 06:04:00 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Distributed Mobility Management WG
(dmm) to consider the following document: - 'Distributed Mobility Anchoring'
  <draft-ietf-dmm-distributed-mobility-anchoring-13.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-10-14. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines distributed mobility anchoring in terms of the
   different configurations and functions to provide IP mobility
   support.  A network may be configured with distributed mobility
   anchoring functions for both network-based or host-based mobility
   support according to the needs of mobility support.  In a distributed
   mobility anchoring environment, multiple anchors are available for
   mid-session switching of an IP prefix anchor.  To start a new flow or
   to handle a flow not requiring IP session continuity as a mobile node
   moves to a new network, the flow can be started or re-started using
   an IP address configured from the new IP prefix anchored to the new
   network.  If the flow needs to survive the change of network, there
   are solutions that can be used to enable IP address mobility.  This
   document describes different anchoring approaches, depending on the
   IP mobility needs, and how this IP address mobility is handled by the
   network.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dmm-distributed-mobility-anchoring/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dmm-distributed-mobility-anchoring/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3030/