Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dnsop-obsolete-dlv-00.txt> (Moving DNSSEC Lookaside Validation (DLV) to Historic Status) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2019 16:42:36 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Domain Name System Operations WG
(dnsop) to consider the following document: - 'Moving DNSSEC Lookaside
Validation (DLV) to Historic Status'
  <draft-ietf-dnsop-obsolete-dlv-00.txt> as Informational RFC

  Please note that this is primarily to support: 
    https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/status-change-dlv-to-historic
  and should be read with that.

We are using option 2 of
   https://www.ietf.org/about/groups/iesg/statements/designating-rfcs-historic-2014-07-20/

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-09-18. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document obsoletes DNSSEC lookaside validation (DLV) and
   reclassifies RFCs 4431 and 5074 as Historic.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-obsolete-dlv/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-obsolete-dlv/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.