Subject: Protocol Action: 'PIM Message Type Space Extension and Reserved Bits' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-pim-reserved-bits-04.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 14:40:42 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'PIM Message Type Space Extension and Reserved Bits'
  (draft-ietf-pim-reserved-bits-04.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Protocols for IP Multicast Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-reserved-bits/

Technical Summary

The currently defined PIM version 2 messages share a common message
header format. The common header definition contains eight reserved
bits. This document specifies how these bits may be used by
individual message types, and creates a registry containing the per
message type usage. This document also extends the PIM type space by
defining three new message types.

Working Group Summary

There was very thorough review by several WG members. There were a few
comments and all were addressed to the wg's satisfaction.

Document Quality

Not really applicable here as its updating a registry

Personnel

   Who is the Document Shepherd for this document?  Mike McBride
   Who is the Responsible Area Director?  Deborah Brungard