Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-ace-cwt-proof-of-possession-07.txt> (Proof-of-Possession Key Semantics for CBOR Web Tokens (CWTs)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2019 06:09:34 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Authentication and Authorization for
Constrained Environments WG (ace) to consider the following document: -
'Proof-of-Possession Key Semantics for CBOR Web Tokens (CWTs)'
  <draft-ietf-ace-cwt-proof-of-possession-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-10-09. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This specification describes how to declare in a CBOR Web Token (CWT)
   that the presenter of the CWT possesses a particular proof-of-
   possession key.  Being able to prove possession of a key is also
   sometimes described as being the holder-of-key.  This specification
   provides equivalent functionality to "Proof-of-Possession Key
   Semantics for JSON Web Tokens (JWTs)" (RFC 7800) but using CBOR and
   CWTs rather than JSON and JWTs.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ace-cwt-proof-of-possession/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ace-cwt-proof-of-possession/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.