Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-core-hop-limit-05.txt> (Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) Hop-Limit Option) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2019 07:05:15 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Constrained RESTful Environments WG
(core) to consider the following document: - 'Constrained Application
Protocol (CoAP) Hop-Limit Option'
  <draft-ietf-core-hop-limit-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-09-27. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The presence of Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) proxies may
   lead to infinite forwarding loops, which is undesirable.  To prevent
   and detect such loops, this document specifies the Hop-Limit CoAP
   option.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-hop-limit/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-hop-limit/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.