Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-core-senml-more-units-02.txt> (Additional Units for SenML) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 10:42:22 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Constrained RESTful Environments WG
(core) to consider the following document: - 'Additional Units for SenML'
  <draft-ietf-core-senml-more-units-02.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-10-30. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Sensor Measurement Lists (SenML) media type supports the
   indication of units for a quantity represented.  This short document
   registers a number of additional unit names in the IANA registry for
   Units in SenML.  It also defines a registry for secondary units that
   cannot be in SenML's main registry as they are derived by linear
   transformation from units already in that registry; RFC 8428 is
   updated to also accept these units.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-senml-more-units/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-senml-more-units/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.