Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-rmr-11.txt> (Resilient MPLS Rings) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2019 11:55:23 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document: - 'Resilient MPLS Rings'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-rmr-11.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-11-05. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes the use of the MPLS control and data planes
   on ring topologies.  It describes the special nature of rings, and
   proceeds to show how MPLS can be effectively used in such topologies.
   It describes how MPLS rings are configured, auto-discovered and
   signaled, as well as how the data plane works.  Companion documents
   describe the details of discovery and signaling for specific
   protocols.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-rmr/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-rmr/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2661/