Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-cellar-ebml-13.txt> (Extensible Binary Meta Language) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2019 06:52:17 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Codec Encoding for LossLess
Archiving and Realtime transmission WG (cellar) to consider the following
document: - 'Extensible Binary Meta Language'
  <draft-ietf-cellar-ebml-13.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-11-07. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines the Extensible Binary Meta Language (EBML)
   format as a generalized file format for any type of data in a
   hierarchical form.  EBML is designed as a binary equivalent to XML
   and uses a storage-efficient approach to build nested Elements with
   identifiers, lengths, and values.  Similar to how an XML Schema
   defines the structure and semantics of an XML Document, this document
   defines how EBML Schemas are created to convey the semantics of an
   EBML Document.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cellar-ebml/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cellar-ebml/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.