Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-hip-dex-11.txt> (HIP Diet EXchange (DEX)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019 09:04:58 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Host Identity Protocol WG (hip) to
consider the following document: - 'HIP Diet EXchange (DEX)'
  <draft-ietf-hip-dex-11.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-11-14. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies the Host Identity Protocol Diet EXchange (HIP
   DEX), a variant of the Host Identity Protocol Version 2 (HIPv2).  The
   HIP DEX protocol design aims at reducing the overhead of the employed
   cryptographic primitives by omitting public-key signatures and hash
   functions.

   The HIP DEX protocol is primarily designed for computation or memory-
   constrained sensor/actuator devices.  Like HIPv2, it is expected to
   be used together with a suitable security protocol such as the
   Encapsulated Security Payload (ESP) for the protection of upper layer
   protocol data.  In addition, HIP DEX can also be used as a keying
   mechanism for security primitives at the MAC layer, e.g., for IEEE
   802.15.4 networks.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-hip-dex/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-hip-dex/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc6261: Encrypted Signaling Transport Modes for the Host Identity Protocol (Experimental - IETF stream)