Subject: RFP for Temporary RFC Series Project Manager

From: IETF Administration LLC Executive Director <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2019 13:07:53 -0700

The IETF Administration LLC (IETF LLC) is soliciting proposals ("Proposals") for the
Temporary RFC Series Project Manager (PM).  The PM will assume responsibility 
for a subset of the tasks that are normally performed by the RFC Series Editor 
(RSE) role during the term of the contract, outlined below.  As this is a temporary 
position, the PM shall not be responsible for the evolution of the RFC series. 
Instead the PM shall shepherd changes already planned or in progress, and such 
incremental changes as are necessary to meet those goals. The general 
responsibilities of the RSE are laid out in RFC 6635, but that document should 
only be understood to apply to this project to the extent it, or parts of it, is 
incorporated by reference into the actual contract. The scope of responsibilities
and goals of the PM role are outlined here:  https://www.ietf.org/about/administration/rfps/

Timeline
04 Oct 19:	RFP Issued
14 Oct 19:	Questions and Inquiries deadline
25 Oct 19:	Answers to questions issued, RFP Addenda and Update issued
11 Nov 19:	Proposals due
22 Nov 19:	Selection made, negotiations begin
09 Dec 19:	Contract execution
01 Jan 20:      Work begins

The initial contract term will be for 18 months, beginning on the effective date of
the contract. (Projected effective date is 1 January 2020, but subject to 
adjustment during contract negotiation).

The closing date for submission of proposals is Monday, November 11, 2019 not 
later than 5:00 P.M. UTC.  

The sole point of contact regarding this RFP is the Interim IETF Executive Director
(ED), Portia Wenze-Danley.  All questions/inquiries must be submitted in writing
and must be received no later than midnight, UTC, October 14, 2019. 
Questions/inquiries shall be directed by email to [email-masked]. 
Responses to questions and inquiries shall be posted on the IETF website, 
ietf.org, no later than October 25, 2019.

Thanks in advance.
Portia Wenze-Danley
IETF LLC Executive Director, Interim