Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-regext-login-security-05.txt> (Login Security Extension for the Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2019 12:52:38 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Registration Protocols Extensions WG
(regext) to consider the following document: - 'Login Security Extension for
the Extensible Provisioning Protocol
   (EPP)'
  <draft-ietf-regext-login-security-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-11-12. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP) includes a client
   authentication scheme that is based on a user identifier and
   password.  The structure of the password field is defined by an XML
   Schema data type that specifies minimum and maximum password length
   values, but there are no other provisions for password management
   other than changing the password.  This document describes an EPP
   extension that allows longer passwords to be created and adds
   additional security features to the EPP login command and response.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-login-security/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-login-security/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.