Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-nvo3-geneve-14.txt> (Geneve: Generic Network Virtualization Encapsulation) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2019 11:41:56 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Network Virtualization Overlays WG
(nvo3) to consider the following document: - 'Geneve: Generic Network
Virtualization Encapsulation'
  <draft-ietf-nvo3-geneve-14.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-11-07. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Network virtualization involves the cooperation of devices with a
   wide variety of capabilities such as software and hardware tunnel
   endpoints, transit fabrics, and centralized control clusters.  As a
   result of their role in tying together different elements in the
   system, the requirements on tunnels are influenced by all of these
   components.  Flexibility is therefore the most important aspect of a
   tunnel protocol if it is to keep pace with the evolution of the
   system.  This document describes Geneve, an encapsulation protocol
   designed to recognize and accommodate these changing capabilities and
   needs.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nvo3-geneve/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nvo3-geneve/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2424/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2423/