Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-taps-transport-security-09.txt> (A Survey of Transport Security Protocols) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2019 06:55:56 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Transport Services WG (taps) to
consider the following document: - 'A Survey of Transport Security Protocols'
  <draft-ietf-taps-transport-security-09.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-10-18. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document provides a survey of commonly used or notable network
   security protocols, with a focus on how they interact and integrate
   with applications and transport protocols.  Its goal is to supplement
   efforts to define and catalog transport services by describing the
   interfaces required to add security protocols.  This survey is not
   limited to protocols developed within the scope or context of the
   IETF, and those included represent a superset of features a Transport
   Services system may need to support.  Moreover, this document defines
   a minimal set of security features that a secure transport system
   should provide.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-taps-transport-security/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-taps-transport-security/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.