Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-ace-coap-est-15.txt> (EST over secure CoAP (EST-coaps)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2019 06:53:44 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Authentication and Authorization for
Constrained Environments WG (ace) to consider the following document: - 'EST
over secure CoAP (EST-coaps)'
  <draft-ietf-ace-coap-est-15.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-10-18. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Enrollment over Secure Transport (EST) is used as a certificate
   provisioning protocol over HTTPS.  Low-resource devices often use the
   lightweight Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) for message
   exchanges.  This document defines how to transport EST payloads over
   secure CoAP (EST-coaps), which allows constrained devices to use
   existing EST functionality for provisioning certificates.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ace-coap-est/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ace-coap-est/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.