Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv2-hbit-10.txt> (Host Router Support for OSPFv2) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2019 14:04:06 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Link State Routing WG (lsr) to
consider the following document: - 'Host Router Support for OSPFv2'
  <draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv2-hbit-10.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-11-07. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Open Shortest Path First Version 2 (OSPFv2) does not have a
   mechanism for a node to repel transit traffic if it is on the
   shortest path.  This document defines a bit (Host-bit) that enables a
   router to advertise that it is a non-transit router."  It also
   describes the changes needed to support the H-bit in the domain.  In
   addition, this document updates RFC 6987 to advertise type-2 External
   and NSSA LSAs with a high cost in order to repel traffic effectively.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv2-hbit/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv2-hbit/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.