Subject: Last Call: <draft-schaad-cbor-content-01.txt> (CMS Content Types for CBOR) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2019 08:45:27 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider the
following document: - 'CMS Content Types for CBOR'
  <draft-schaad-cbor-content-01.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-11-22. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   CBOR is becoming a widely used method of doing content encoding.  CMS
   is still a widely used method of doing message based security.  This
   document defines a set of content types for CMS that hold CBOR
   content.

Contributing to this document

   This note is to be removed before publishing as an RFC.

   The source for this draft is being maintained in GitHub.  Suggested
   changes should be submitted as pull requests at TBD.  Editorial
   changes can be managed in GitHub, but any substantial issues need to
   be discussed on the COSE mailing list.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-schaad-cbor-content/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-schaad-cbor-content/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.