Subject: Last Call: <draft-thaler-iftype-reg-05.txt> (Guidelines and Registration Procedures for Interface Types and Tunnel Types) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2019 09:11:37 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider the
following document: - 'Guidelines and Registration Procedures for Interface
Types and Tunnel
   Types'
  <draft-thaler-iftype-reg-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-11-07. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The registration and use of interface types ("ifType" values)
   predated the use of IANA Considerations sections and YANG modules,
   and so confusion has arisen about the interface type allocation
   process.  Tunnel types were then added later, with the same
   requirements and allocation policy as interface types.  This document
   updates RFC 2863, and provides updated guidelines for the definition
   of new interface types and tunnel types, for consideration by those
   who are defining, registering, or evaluating those definitions.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-thaler-iftype-reg/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-thaler-iftype-reg/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.