Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-ri-rsvp-frr-07.txt> (Refresh-interval Independent FRR Facility Protection) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2019 12:18:19 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document: - 'Refresh-interval Independent
FRR Facility Protection'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-ri-rsvp-frr-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-11-05. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   RSVP-TE Fast ReRoute extensions specified in RFC 4090 defines two
   local repair techniques to reroute Label Switched Path (LSP) traffic
   over pre-established backup tunnel.  Facility backup method allows
   one or more LSPs traversing a connected link or node to be protected
   using a bypass tunnel.  The many-to-one nature of local repair
   technique is attractive from scalability point of view.  This
   document enumerates facility backup procedures in RFC 4090 that rely
   on refresh timeout and hence make facility backup method refresh-
   interval dependent.  The RSVP-TE extensions defined in this document
   will enhance the facility backup protection mechanism by making the
   corresponding procedures refresh-interval independent and hence
   compatible with Refresh-interval Independent RSVP (RI-RSVP) specified
   in RFC 8370.  Hence, this document updates RFC 4090 in order to
   support RI-RSVP capability specified in RFC 8370.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-ri-rsvp-frr/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-ri-rsvp-frr/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3672/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2580/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3671/

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    draft-ietf-mpls-summary-frr-rsvpte: RSVP-TE Summary Fast Reroute Extensions for LSP Tunnels (None - IETF stream)