Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mboned-driad-amt-discovery-09.txt> (DNS Reverse IP AMT Discovery) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 17:18:35 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the MBONE Deployment WG (mboned) to
consider the following document: - 'DNS Reverse IP AMT Discovery'
  <draft-ietf-mboned-driad-amt-discovery-09.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-12-02. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document updates RFC 7450 (Automatic Multicast Tunneling, or
   AMT) by extending the relay discovery process to use a new DNS
   resource record named AMTRELAY when discovering AMT relays for
   source-specific multicast channels.  The reverse IP DNS zone for a
   multicast sender's IP address is configured to use AMTRELAY resource
   records to advertise a set of AMT relays that can receive and forward
   multicast traffic from that sender over an AMT tunnel.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mboned-driad-amt-discovery/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mboned-driad-amt-discovery/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.