Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dprive-rfc7626-bis-03.txt> (DNS Privacy Considerations) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 17:11:52 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the DNS PRIVate Exchange WG (dprive) to
consider the following document: - 'DNS Privacy Considerations'
  <draft-ietf-dprive-rfc7626-bis-03.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-12-02. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes the privacy issues associated with the use of
   the DNS by Internet users.  It is intended to be an analysis of the
   present situation and does not prescribe solutions.  This document
   obsoletes RFC 7626.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dprive-rfc7626-bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dprive-rfc7626-bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.