Subject: RFC 8659 on DNS Certification Authority Authorization (CAA) Resource Record

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 23:37:03 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8659

        Title:      DNS Certification Authority Authorization (CAA) 
                    Resource Record 
        Author:     P. Hallam-Baker, 
                    R. Stradling,
                    J. Hoffman-Andrews
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Obsoletes:  RFC 6844

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-lamps-rfc6844bis-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8659

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8659

The Certification Authority Authorization (CAA) DNS Resource Record
allows a DNS domain name holder to specify one or more Certification
Authorities (CAs) authorized to issue certificates for that domain
name. CAA Resource Records allow a public CA to implement additional
controls to reduce the risk of unintended certificate mis-issue. 
This document defines the syntax of the CAA record and rules for
processing CAA records by CAs.

This document obsoletes RFC 6844.

This document is a product of the Limited Additional Mechanisms for PKIX and SMIME Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC