Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-tls-certificate-compression-07.txt> (TLS Certificate Compression) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019 09:52:05 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Transport Layer Security WG (tls) to
consider the following document: - 'TLS Certificate Compression'
  <draft-ietf-tls-certificate-compression-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-12-09. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   In TLS handshakes, certificate chains often take up the majority of
   the bytes transmitted.

   This document describes how certificate chains can be compressed to
   reduce the amount of data transmitted and avoid some round trips.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-certificate-compression/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-certificate-compression/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc7932: Brotli Compressed Data Format (Informational - IETF stream)
    draft-kucherawy-rfc8478bis: Zstandard Compression and the application/zstd Media Type (None - IETF stream)
    rfc1950: ZLIB Compressed Data Format Specification version 3.3 (Informational - Legacy stream)