Subject: Call for Nominations: ICANN Root Server System Governance Working Group (GWG)

From: IAB Executive Administrative Manager <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 18:22:03 -0800

Please forward to all interested parties.

On behalf of the IETF, the IAB has been asked to name two technical 
experts to the ICANN Root Server System Governance Working Group (GWG). 
ICANN describes this group as follows:

  The GWG is the core of the community-driven process to develop a 
  final cooperation and governance model for the Root Server System 
  (RSS). The GWG shall present its deliverable to the Root Server 
  System Advisory Committee (RSSAC), ICANN Board, Internet 
  Architecture Board/Internet Engineering Task Force (IAB/IETF), and 
  Root Server Operators (RSOs).

  The GWG work plan estimates a two-year effort. However, most of the 
  work for the GWG will take place in the first year. The GWG will 
  determine its work cadence: Regular teleconferences (e.g., every 
  other week) will drive the process with potential work sessions at 
  ICANN Public Meetings as necessary. In carrying out its work, the 
  GWG shall embrace the principles outlined in “RSSAC037: A Proposed 
  Governance Model for the DNS Root Server System” (RSSAC037) and 
  refer to RSSAC037 and the Concept Paper as source documents, as well 
  as the feedback from Public Comment. The GWG charter, operating 
  procedures, and work plan as well as relevant resources are 
  published on its workspace 
  <https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=120820189>.

  Every member of the GWG will provide a statement of interest and 
  disclose potential conflicts of interest. GWG members are not 
  compensated. The goal is to provide the final composition of the GWG 
  to the ICANN Board at its 24-26 January 2020 workshop and convene the 
  GWG for its first teleconference the week of 27 January 2020.

The IAB is asking the community for volunteers to serve on the GWG.  If 
you are interested, please send a short email message to [email-masked] 
with your motivation and information concerning your familiarity with 
the IETF and the RSS as well as the other standards organizations 
represented on the GWG. The deadline for nominations is Tuesday, 3 
December 2019. The selected candidates will serve on the GWG on personal 
title; however, the IAB will be looking for candidates who have an 
understanding of the interests of the technical community.

The IAB will provide the names of the two IAB/IETF representatives to 
ICANN by 10 January 2020. 

If you are willing to be considered or would like to nominate someone 
else for one of the GWG positions, please send an email message to 
[email-masked] by 3 December 2019.

On behalf of the IAB,
  Cindy Morgan
  IAB Executive Administrative Manager