Subject: RFC 8658 on RADIUS Attributes for Softwire Mechanisms Based on Address plus Port (A+P)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 16:13:19 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8658

        Title:      RADIUS Attributes for Softwire Mechanisms 
                    Based on Address plus Port (A+P) 
        Author:     S. Jiang, Ed.,
                    Y. Fu, Ed.,
                    C. Xie,
                    T. Li,
                    M. Boucadair, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      34
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-softwire-map-radius-26.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8658

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8658

IPv4-over-IPv6 transition mechanisms provide IPv4 connectivity
services over IPv6 native networks during the IPv4/IPv6 coexistence
period.  DHCPv6 options have been defined to configure clients for
Lightweight 4over6, Mapping of Address and Port with Encapsulation
(MAP-E), Mapping of Address and Port using Translation (MAP-T)
unicast softwire mechanisms, and multicast softwires.  However, in
many networks, configuration information is stored in an
Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting (AAA) server, which
utilizes the Remote Authentication Dial In User Service (RADIUS)
protocol to provide centralized management for users.  When a new
transition mechanism is developed, new RADIUS attributes need to be
defined correspondingly.

This document defines new RADIUS attributes to carry softwire
configuration parameters based on Address plus Port from a AAA server
to a Broadband Network Gateway.  Both unicast and multicast
attributes are covered.

This document is a product of the Softwires Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC