Subject: RFC 8669 on Segment Routing Prefix Segment Identifier Extensions for BGP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2019 14:34:43 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8669

        Title:      Segment Routing Prefix Segment Identifier 
                    Extensions for BGP 
        Author:     S. Previdi,
                    C. Filsfils,
                    A. Lindem, Ed.,
                    A. Sreekantiah,
                    H. Gredler
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-idr-bgp-prefix-sid-27.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8669

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8669

Segment Routing (SR) leverages the source-routing paradigm. A node
steers a packet through an ordered list of instructions called
"segments". A segment can represent any instruction, topological or
service based. The ingress node prepends an SR header to a packet
containing a set of segment identifiers (SIDs). Each SID represents a
topological or service-based instruction. Per-flow state is
maintained only on the ingress node of the SR domain. An "SR domain"
is defined as a single administrative domain for global SID
assignment.

This document defines an optional, transitive BGP attribute for
announcing information about BGP Prefix Segment Identifiers (BGP
Prefix-SIDs) and the specification for SR-MPLS SIDs.

This document is a product of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC