Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-pce-stateful-flags-00.txt> (Updated Rules for Processing Stateful PCE Request Parameters Flags) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2019 09:44:39 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Path Computation Element WG (pce) to
consider the following document: - 'Updated Rules for Processing Stateful PCE
Request Parameters Flags'
  <draft-ietf-pce-stateful-flags-00.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-12-23. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Extensions to the Path Computation Element Communication Protocol
   (PCEP) to support stateful Path Computation Elements (PCEs) are
   defined in RFC 8231.  One of the extensions is the Stateful PCE
   Request Parameters (SRP) object.  That object includes a Flags field
   that is a set of 32 bit flags, and RFC 8281 defines an IANA registry
   for tracking assigned flags.  However, RFC 8231 does not explain how
   an implementation should set unassigned flags in transmitted
   messages, nor how an implementation should process unassigned,
   unknown, or unsupported flags in received messages.

   This document updates RFC 8231 by defining the correct behaviors.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-stateful-flags/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-stateful-flags/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.