Subject: RFC 8661 on Segment Routing MPLS Interworking with LDP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2019 13:53:22 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8661

        Title:      Segment Routing MPLS Interworking with 
                    LDP 
        Author:     A. Bashandy, Ed.,
                    C. Filsfils, Ed.,
                    S. Previdi, 
                    B. Decraene,
                    S. Litkowski
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21 
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-ldp-interop-15.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8661

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8661

A Segment Routing (SR) node steers a packet through a controlled set
of instructions, called segments, by prepending the packet with an SR
header. A segment can represent any instruction, topological or
service based. SR allows enforcing a flow through any topological
path while maintaining per-flow state only at the ingress node to the
SR domain.

The Segment Routing architecture can be directly applied to the MPLS
data plane with no change in the forwarding plane. This document
describes how Segment Routing MPLS operates in a network where LDP is
deployed and in the case where SR-capable and non-SR-capable nodes
coexist.

This document is a product of the Source Packet Routing in Networking Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC