Subject: Last Call: <draft-foudil-securitytxt-08.txt> (A Method for Web Security Policies) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2019 09:39:08 -0800

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider the
following document: - 'A Method for Web Security Policies'
  <draft-foudil-securitytxt-08.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-01-06. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   When security vulnerabilities are discovered by independent security
   researchers, they often lack the channels to report them properly.
   As a result, security vulnerabilities may be left unreported.  This
   document defines a format ("security.txt") to help organizations
   describe the process for security researchers to follow in order to
   report security vulnerabilities.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-foudil-securitytxt/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-foudil-securitytxt/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.