Subject: RFC 8674 on The "safe" HTTP Preference

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2019 21:23:47 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8674

        Title:      The "safe" HTTP Preference 
        Author:     M. Nottingham
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       December 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-nottingham-safe-hint-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8674

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8674

This specification defines a preference for HTTP requests that
expresses a desire to avoid objectionable content, according to the
definition of that term by the origin server.

This specification does not define a precise semantic for "safe".
Rather, the term is interpreted by the server and within the scope of
each web site that chooses to act upon this information.

Support for this preference by clients and servers is optional.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC