Subject: RFC 8667 on IS-IS Extensions for Segment Routing

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2019 14:34:12 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8667

        Title:      IS-IS Extensions for Segment Routing 
        Author:     S. Previdi, Ed.,
                    L. Ginsberg, Ed.,
                    C. Filsfils,
                    A. Bashandy,
                    H. Gredler,
                    B. Decraene
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-isis-segment-routing-extensions-25.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8667

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8667

Segment Routing (SR) allows for a flexible definition of end-to-end
paths within IGP topologies by encoding paths as sequences of
topological sub-paths, called "segments". These segments are
advertised by the link-state routing protocols (IS-IS and OSPF).

This document describes the IS-IS extensions that need to be
introduced for Segment Routing operating on an MPLS data plane.

This document is a product of the Link State Routing Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC