Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-intarea-provisioning-domains-09.txt> (Discovering Provisioning Domain Names and Data) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2019 11:45:12 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Internet Area Working Group WG
(intarea) to consider the following document: - 'Discovering Provisioning
Domain Names and Data'
  <draft-ietf-intarea-provisioning-domains-09.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-12-25. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Provisioning Domains (PvDs) are defined as consistent sets of network
   configuration information.  This allows hosts to manage connections
   to multiple networks and interfaces simultaneously, such as when a
   home router provides connectivity through both a broadband and
   cellular network provider.

   This document defines a mechanism for explicitly identifying PvDs
   through a Router Advertisement (RA) option.  This RA option announces
   a PvD identifier, which hosts can compare to differentiate between
   PvDs.  The option can directly carry some information about a PvD and
   can optionally point to additional PvD information that can be
   retrieved using HTTP over TLS.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-intarea-provisioning-domains/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-intarea-provisioning-domains/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.