Subject: Reopening the Call for Nominations: ICANN Root Server System Governance Working Group (GWG)

From: IAB Executive Administrative Manager <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2019 09:46:51 -0800

A month ago, the IAB asked the community for volunteers to serve on the 
ICANN Root Server System Governance Working Group (GWG) [1]. The call 
expired on December 4 and five excellent experts volunteered. For the 
reasons explained below, we would like to reopen the call for volunteers 
until January 4 to ensure that we can select the needed two candidates 
from the most complete pool.

The GWG is tackling a hard problem, the evolution of the DNS root server 
system. The GWG will have to make decisions that gather consensus from a 
very diverse set of parties, while  preserving the stability of the 
Internet and the globally unique public name space, as spelled out in 
RFC 2826. We believe that the success of the GWG depends on nominating a 
set of experts with a diversity of technical and business experiences.

The IAB would like to thank all the volunteers so far. They form a 
strong candidate pool. However, we believe the diversity of affiliations 
and backgrounds in the candidate pool could be improved, so we are re-
opening the call.

Please volunteer, or convince someone that you know to do so. 
Nominations should be sent to [email-masked].

On behalf of the IAB,
 Cindy Morgan
 IAB Executive Administrative Manager

[1] https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf-announce/nX1WL2NlmxgrU-_E006FhW37SmM