Subject: Last Call: <draft-kucherawy-rfc8478bis-03.txt> (Zstandard Compression and the application/zstd Media Type) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2019 14:55:44 -0800

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider the
following document: - 'Zstandard Compression and the application/zstd Media
Type'
  <draft-kucherawy-rfc8478bis-03.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-01-17. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Zstandard, or "zstd" (pronounced "zee standard"), is a data
   compression mechanism.  This document describes the mechanism and
   registers a media type and content encoding to be used when
   transporting zstd-compressed content via Multipurpose Internet Mail
   Extensions (MIME).

   Despite use of the word "standard" as part of its name, readers are
   advised that this document is not an Internet Standards Track
   specification; it is being published for informational purposes only.

   This document replaces and obsoletes RFC 8478.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kucherawy-rfc8478bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kucherawy-rfc8478bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.