Subject: Protocol Action: 'DNS Reverse IP AMT (Automatic Multicast Tunneling) Discovery' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-mboned-driad-amt-discovery-13.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2019 13:39:09 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'DNS Reverse IP AMT (Automatic Multicast Tunneling) Discovery'
  (draft-ietf-mboned-driad-amt-discovery-13.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the MBONE Deployment Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Warren Kumari and Ignas Bagdonas.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mboned-driad-amt-discovery/

Technical Summary

   This document extends Automatic Multicast Tunnelling (AMT, RFC 7450) to allow the 
  relay discovery process to use a new AMTRELAY DNS resource record for discovering
  source-specific multicast channels.  This allows a set of AMT relays that can receive 
  and forward multicast traffic from a sender to be advertised via reverse IP entries 
  in DNS, hence the DNS Reverse IP AMT Discovery or DRIAD name. 

Working Group Summary

 There was no particular controversy in the WG process, and consensus was good.

Document Quality

   The document is well written, explaining the basic mode of operation clearly, and including many example use cases. 

Personnel

   Tim Chown ([email-masked]) is DS
   Warren Kumari is RAD!