Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mmusic-t140-usage-data-channel-11.txt> (T.140 Real-time Text Conversation over WebRTC Data Channels) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2020 14:53:23 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Multiparty Multimedia Session
Control WG (mmusic) to consider the following document: - 'T.140 Real-time
Text Conversation over WebRTC Data Channels'
  <draft-ietf-mmusic-t140-usage-data-channel-11.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-02-06. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies how a WebRTC data channel can be used as a
   transport mechanism for Real-time text using the ITU-T Protocol for
   multimedia application text conversation (Recommendation ITU-T
   T.140), and how the SDP offer/answer mechanism can be used to
   negotiate such data channel, referred to as T.140 data channel.  The
   document updates RFC 8373.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-t140-usage-data-channel/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-t140-usage-data-channel/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.