Subject: RFC 8697 on Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) Extensions for Establishing Relationships between Sets of Label Switched Paths (LSPs)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 10:58:48 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8697

        Title:      Path Computation Element Communication Protocol 
                    (PCEP) Extensions for Establishing Relationships
                     between Sets of Label Switched Paths (LSPs) 
        Author:     I. Minei,
                    E. Crabbe,
                    S. Sivabalan,
                    H. Ananthakrishnan,
                    D. Dhody,
                    Y. Tanaka
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pce-association-group-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8697

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8697

This document introduces a generic mechanism to create a grouping of
Label Switched Paths (LSPs) in the context of a Path Computation
Element (PCE). This grouping can then be used to define associations
between sets of LSPs or between a set of LSPs and a set of attributes
(such as configuration parameters or behaviors), and it is equally
applicable to the stateful PCE (active and passive modes) and the
stateless PCE.

This document is a product of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC