Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-rmcat-wireless-tests-08.txt> (Evaluation Test Cases for Interactive Real-Time Media over Wireless Networks) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2020 09:57:23 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the RTP Media Congestion Avoidance
Techniques WG (rmcat) to consider the following document: - 'Evaluation Test
Cases for Interactive Real-Time Media over Wireless
   Networks'
  <draft-ietf-rmcat-wireless-tests-08.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-01-21. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) is a common transport choice
   for interactive multimedia communication applications.  The
   performance of such applications typically depends on a well-
   functioning congestion control algorithm.  To ensure seamless and
   robust user experience, a well-designed RTP-based congestion control
   algorithm should work well across all access network types.  This
   document describes test cases for evaluating performances of such
   congestion control algorithms over LTE and Wi-Fi networks.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rmcat-wireless-tests/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rmcat-wireless-tests/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.