Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-6tisch-enrollment-enhanced-beacon-06.txt> (IEEE 802.15.4 Information Element encapsulation of 6TiSCH Join and Enrollment Information) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2020 06:51:44 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 over the TSCH mode of IEEE
802.15.4e WG (6tisch) to consider the following document: - 'IEEE 802.15.4
Information Element encapsulation of 6TiSCH Join and
   Enrollment Information'
  <draft-ietf-6tisch-enrollment-enhanced-beacon-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-01-22. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   In TSCH mode of IEEE STD 802.15.4, opportunities for broadcasts are
   limited to specific times and specific channels.  Nodes in a TSCH
   network typically frequently send Enhanced Beacon (EB) frames to
   announce the presence of the network.  This document provides a
   mechanism by which small details critical for new nodes (pledges) and
   long sleeping nodes may be carried within the Enhanced Beacon.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6tisch-enrollment-enhanced-beacon/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6tisch-enrollment-enhanced-beacon/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc8137: IEEE 802.15.4 Information Element for the IETF (Informational - IETF stream)