Subject: Document Action: 'Cryptographic Message System (CMS) Content Types for Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR)' to Informational RFC (draft-schaad-cbor-content-02.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2020 08:05:10 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Cryptographic Message System (CMS) Content Types for Concise Binary
   Object Representation (CBOR)'
  (draft-schaad-cbor-content-02.txt) as Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an IETF
Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Alexey Melnikov.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-schaad-cbor-content/

Technical Summary

   This is a short document that defines CMS content types for CBOR
   and CBOR Sequence. The former defines a content type for a single
   CBOR-encoded object and the later defines a content type for
   a sequence of CBOR-encoded objects.

Working Group Summary

   This is not a product of a working group.

Document Quality

   To the best of my knowledge there has been no extensive discussion
   about this draft.  That's not necessarily a bad thing because there's not
   really a lot of discussion necessary to define a CMS content type for
   these two CBOR-encoded objects.

Personnel

   Sean Turner is the Document Shepherd.
   Alexey Melnikov is the Sponsoring AD.