Subject: RFC 8699 on Coupled Congestion Control for RTP Media

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 09:38:49 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8699

        Title:      Coupled Congestion Control for RTP Media 
        Author:     S. Islam, 
                    M. Welzl,
                    S. Gjessing
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       UNKNOWN 
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rmcat-coupled-cc-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8699

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8699

When multiple congestion-controlled Real-time Transport Protocol
(RTP) sessions traverse the same network bottleneck, combining their
controls can improve the total on-the-wire behavior in terms of
delay, loss, and fairness. This document describes such a method for
flows that have the same sender, in a way that is as flexible and
simple as possible while minimizing the number of changes needed to
existing RTP applications. This document also specifies how to apply
the method for the Network-Assisted Dynamic Adaptation (NADA)
congestion control algorithm and provides suggestions on how to apply
it to other congestion control algorithms.

This document is a product of the RTP Media Congestion Avoidance Techniques Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC