Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-uta-tls-for-email-03.txt> (Use of TLS for Email Submission and Access) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2020 09:16:24 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Using TLS in Applications WG (uta)
to consider the following document: - 'Use of TLS for Email Submission and
Access'
  <draft-ietf-uta-tls-for-email-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-01-31. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This specification updates current recommendation for the use of
   Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol to provide confidentiality of
   email between a Mail User Agent (MUA) and a Mail Submission Server or
   Mail Access Server.  This document updates RFC8314.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-uta-tls-for-email/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-uta-tls-for-email/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.