Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-tcpm-converters-16.txt> (0-RTT TCP Convert Protocol) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2020 06:49:25 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions
WG (tcpm) to consider the following document: - '0-RTT TCP Convert Protocol'
  <draft-ietf-tcpm-converters-16.txt> as Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-02-28. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies an application proxy, called Transport
   Converter, to assist the deployment of TCP extensions such as
   Multipath TCP.  A Transport Converter may provide conversion service
   for one or more TCP extensions.  The conversion service is provided
   by means of the TCP Convert Protocol (Convert).

   This protocol provides 0-RTT (Zero Round-Trip Time) conversion
   service since no extra delay is induced by the protocol compared to
   connections that are not proxied.  Also, the Convert Protocol does
   not require any encapsulation (no tunnels, whatsoever).

   This specification assumes an explicit model, where the Transport
   Converter is explicitly configured on hosts.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-converters/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-converters/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3616/