Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-lamps-5480-ku-clarifications-00.txt> (Clarifications for Elliptic Curve Cryptogtaphy Subject Public Key Information) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2020 06:35:46 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Limited Additional Mechanisms for
PKIX and SMIME WG (lamps) to consider the following document: -
'Clarifications for Elliptic Curve Cryptogtaphy Subject Public Key
   Information'
  <draft-ietf-lamps-5480-ku-clarifications-00.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-02-21. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document updates RFC 5480 to specify semantics for the
   keyEncipherment and dataEncipherment key usage bits when used in
   certificates that support Elliptic Curve Cryptography.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lamps-5480-ku-clarifications/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lamps-5480-ku-clarifications/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.