Subject: RFC 8703 on Dynamic Link Exchange Protocol (DLEP) Link Identifier Extension

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2020 21:36:37 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8703

        Title:      Dynamic Link Exchange Protocol (DLEP) 
                    Link Identifier Extension 
        Author:     R. Taylor,
                    S. Ratliff
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-manet-dlep-lid-extension-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8703

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8703

The Dynamic Link Exchange Protocol (DLEP) is a protocol for modems to
advertise the status of wireless links between reachable destinations
to attached routers. The core specification of the protocol (RFC
8175) assumes that every modem in the radio network has an attached
DLEP router and requires that the Media Access Control (MAC) address
of the DLEP interface on the attached router be used to identify the
destination in the network, for purposes of reporting the state and
quality of the link to that destination.  

This document describes a DLEP extension that allows modems that do
not meet the strict requirement above to use DLEP to describe link
availability and quality to one or more destinations reachable beyond
a device on the Layer 2 domain.

This document is a product of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC