Subject: Moved to Historic: RFC 4405 on SMTP Service Extension for Indicating the Responsible Submitter of an E-Mail Message

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 11:02:59 -0800 (PST)

RFC 4405 has been reclassified as Historic.
        
        RFC 4405

        Title:      SMTP Service Extension for Indicating 
                    the Responsible Submitter of an E-Mail 
                    Message 
        Author:     E. Allman,
                    H. Katz
        Status:     Historic
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2006
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-katz-submitter-01.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc4405

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC4405

This memo defines an extension to the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol
(SMTP) service that allows an SMTP client to specify the
responsible submitter of an e-mail message.  The responsible
submitter is the e-mail address of the entity most recently
responsible for introducing a message into the transport stream.
This extension helps receiving e-mail servers efficiently determine
whether the SMTP client is authorized to transmit mail on behalf of
the responsible submitter's domain.  This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.

HISTORIC: This memo defines a Historic Document for the Internet
community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC