Subject: Deadline Extended! Call for nominations: RFC Editor model evolution program chairs

From: IAB Executive Administrative Manager <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 14:47:46 -0800

The call for nominations for the RFC Editor model evolution program 
chairs has been extended until Monday, 2020-02-24 at 2000 UTC, in order 
to widen the current applicant pool.

> In response to the recent series of public meetings on the evolution 
> of the RSE role, the IAB recently circulated a proposed charter for a 
> program on evolving the RFC Editor model: 
> <https://www.rfc-editor.org/pipermail/rfc-interest/2019-December/011099.html>. 
>  
> As that charter notes, the intent is for this program to be modeled on 
> an IETF working group, using its mailing list to develop and validate 
> consensus among the participants. While there will be an IAB program 
> lead acting as a liaison to the IAB for logistical matters, the IAB is 
> seeking chairs from outside the IAB.  These chairs will set the 
> detailed agenda, manage the program, and call consensus among the 
> participants. The IAB currently expects to appoint two chairs, but may 
> choose three if appropriate.
> 
> If you are interested in serving in this role, please send a short 
> email message to [email-masked] and [email-masked] with your 
> motivation and information concerning your familiarity with IETF 
> working groups or similar processes. The deadline for volunteering is 
> Monday, 2020-02-24 at 2000 UTC. The IAB will then solicit public 
> comments on the candidates.
> 
> The IAB intends to make a decision on this appointment in time to have 
> the program meet at IETF 107 with these chairs in place.