Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-alto-cost-calendar-16.txt> (ALTO Cost Calendar) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2020 07:38:53 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Application-Layer Traffic
Optimization WG (alto) to consider the following document: - 'ALTO Cost
Calendar'
  <draft-ietf-alto-cost-calendar-16.txt> as Proposed Standard

This is the second IETF last call for this document as an IPR declaration was
missed when the first call was performed about a year ago (see below).
The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-02-24. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document is an extension to the base Application-Layer Traffic
   Optimization (ALTO) protocol.  It extends the ALTO cost information
   service so that applications decide not only 'where' to connect, but
   also 'when'.  This is useful for applications that need to perform
   bulk data transfer and would like to schedule these transfers during
   an off-peak hour, for example.  This extension introduces ALTO Cost
   Calendar, with which an ALTO Server exposes ALTO cost values in JSON
   arrays where each value corresponds to a given time interval.  The
   time intervals as well as other Calendar attributes, are specified in
   the Information Resources Directory and ALTO Server responses.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-alto-cost-calendar/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-alto-cost-calendar/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2392/