Subject: RFC 8715 on IETF Administrative Support Activity 2.0: Update to the Process for Selection of Trustees for the IETF Trust

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2020 10:17:18 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8715

        Title:      IETF Administrative Support Activity 2.0: 
                    Update to the Process for Selection 
                    of Trustees for the IETF Trust 
        Author:     J. Arkko
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-iasa2-trust-rationale-03.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8715

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8715

This document captures the rationale for the changes introduced in
RFC 8714, "Update to the Process for Selection of Trustees for the
IETF Trust".

At the time RFC 8714 was published, the changes to the IETF
Administrative Support Activity, Version 2.0 (IASA 2.0) had an impact
on the IETF Trust because members of the IETF Administrative
Oversight Committee (IAOC), which was being phased out, had served as
Trustees of the IETF Trust. This document provides background on the
past IETF Trust arrangements, explains the effect of the rules in the
founding documents during the transition to the new arrangement, and
provides a rationale for the update.

This document is a product of the IETF Administrative Support Activity 2 Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC