Subject: RFC 8709 on Ed25519 and Ed448 Public Key Algorithms for the Secure Shell (SSH) Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2020 16:58:34 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8709

        Title:      Ed25519 and Ed448 Public Key Algorithms 
                    for the Secure Shell (SSH) Protocol 
        Author:     B. Harris,
                    L. Velvindron
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Updates:    RFC 4253

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-curdle-ssh-ed25519-ed448-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8709

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8709

This document describes the use of the Ed25519 and Ed448 digital
signature algorithms in the Secure Shell (SSH) protocol. Accordingly,
this RFC updates RFC 4253.

This document is a product of the CURves, Deprecating and a Little more Encryption Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC