Subject: RFC 8728 on RFC Editor Model (Version 2)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2020 10:20:00 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8728

        Title:      RFC Editor Model (Version 2) 
        Author:     O. Kolkman, Ed.,
                    J. Halpern, Ed.,
                    R. Hinden, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IAB
        Date:       February 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Obsoletes:  RFC 6635

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc6635bis-04.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8728

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8728

The RFC Editor model described in this document divides the
responsibilities for the RFC Series into three functions: the RFC
Series Editor, the RFC Production Center, and the RFC Publisher.
Internet Architecture Board (IAB) oversight via the RFC Series
Oversight Committee (RSOC) is described, as is the relationship
between the IETF Administration Limited Liability Company and the
RSOC.  This document reflects the experience gained with "RFC Editor
Model (Version 1)", documented in RFC 5620; and obsoletes RFC 6635 to
replace all references to the IETF Administrative Support Activity
(IASA) and related structures with those defined by the IASA 2.0
Model.

This document is a product of the Internet Architecture Board.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC