Subject: RFC 8729 on The RFC Series and RFC Editor

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2020 10:20:13 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8729

        Title:      The RFC Series and RFC Editor 
        Author:     R. Housley, Ed.,
                    L. Daigle, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IAB
        Date:       February 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Obsoletes:  RFC 4844

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc4844-bis-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8729

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8729

This document describes the framework for an RFC Series and an RFC
Editor function that incorporate the principles of organized
community involvement and accountability that has become necessary as
the Internet technical community has grown, thereby enabling the RFC
Series to continue to fulfill its mandate. This document obsoletes
RFC 4844.

This document is a product of the Internet Architecture Board.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC