Subject: RFC 8740 on Using TLS 1.3 with HTTP/2

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2020 15:05:47 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8740

        Title:      Using TLS 1.3 with HTTP/2 
        Author:     D. Benjamin
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Updates:    RFC 7540

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-tls13-03.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8740

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8740

This document updates RFC 7540 by forbidding TLS 1.3 post-handshake
authentication, as an analog to the existing TLS 1.2 renegotiation
restriction.

This document is a product of the HTTP Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC