Subject: Protocol Action: 'Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) Extension for LSP Diversity Constraint Signaling' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-pce-association-diversity-14.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2020 10:58:11 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) Extension for
   LSP Diversity Constraint Signaling'
  (draft-ietf-pce-association-diversity-14.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Path Computation Element Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-association-diversity/

Technical Summary

This document introduces a simple mechanism to associate a group of
Label Switched Paths (LSPs) via an extension to the Path Computation
Element (PCE) Communication Protocol (PCEP) with the purpose of
computing diverse paths for those LSPs.  The proposed extension
allows a Path Computation Client (PCC) to advertise to a PCE that a
particular LSP belongs to a disjoint-group, thus the PCE knows that
LSPs in the same group need to be disjoint from each other.

Working Group Summary

Nothing of note. 

Document Quality

At least 3 implementations have been placed on product roadmaps.

Personnel

   Who is the Document Shepherd for this document?  Julien Meuric
   Who is the Responsible Area Director? Deborah Brungard