Subject: RFC 8721 on Advice to the Trustees of the IETF Trust on Rights to Be Granted in IETF Documents

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2020 10:18:58 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8721

        Title:      Advice to the Trustees of 
                    the IETF Trust on Rights to 
                    Be Granted in IETF Documents 
        Author:     J. Halpern, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Obsoletes:  RFC 5377

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc5377bis-03.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8721

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8721

Contributors grant intellectual property rights to the IETF.  The
IETF Trust holds and manages those rights on behalf of the IETF.  The
Trustees of the IETF Trust are responsible for that management.  This
management includes granting the licenses to copy, implement, and
otherwise use IETF Contributions, among them Internet-Drafts and
RFCs. The Trustees of the IETF Trust accept direction from the IETF
regarding the rights to be granted. This document describes the
desires of the IETF regarding outbound rights to be granted in IETF
Contributions. This document obsoletes RFC 5377 solely for the
purpose of removing references to the IETF Administrative Oversight
Committee (IAOC), which was part of the IETF Administrative Support
Activity (IASA).

This document is a product of the IETF Administrative Support Activity 2 Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC