Subject: Protocol Action: 'RSVP-TE Summary Fast Reroute Extensions for LSP Tunnels' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-mpls-summary-frr-rsvpte-09.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2020 14:33:51 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'RSVP-TE Summary Fast Reroute Extensions for LSP Tunnels'
  (draft-ietf-mpls-summary-frr-rsvpte-09.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-summary-frr-rsvpte/

Technical Summary

This document updates RFC 4090 for the Resource Reservation Protocol
(RSVP) Traffic-Engineering (TE) procedures defined for facility
backup protection.  The updates include extensions that reduce the
amount of signaling and processing that occurs during Fast Reroute
(FRR), and subsequently, improves scalability when undergoing FRR
convergence after a link or node failure.

Working Group Summary

No controversies, the working group supports this document. 

Document Quality

The document is in good shape and well written. The motivation for
defining the extensions is clear.

Personnel

   Who is the Document Shepherd for this document?  Nicolai Leymann
   Who is the Responsible Area Director?  Deborah Brungard