Subject: Moved to Historic: RFC 4407 on Purported Responsible Address in E-Mail Messages

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 11:03:13 -0800 (PST)

RFC 4407 has been reclassified as Historic.
        
        RFC 4407

        Title:      Purported Responsible Address in E-Mail 
                    Messages 
        Author:     J. Lyon
        Status:     Historic
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2006
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-lyon-senderid-pra-01.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc4407

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC4407

This document defines an algorithm by which, given an e-mail message,
one can extract the identity of the party that appears to have most
proximately caused that message to be delivered.  This identity is
called the Purported Responsible Address (PRA).This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.  

HISTORIC: This memo defines a Historic Document for the Internet
community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC