Subject: RFC 8732 on Generic Security Service Application Program Interface (GSS-API) Key Exchange with SHA-2

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2020 14:53:51 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8732

        Title:      Generic Security Service Application Program 
                    Interface (GSS-API) Key Exchange with SHA-2 
        Author:     S. Sorce,
                    H. Kario
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Updates:    RFC 4462

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-curdle-gss-keyex-sha2-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8732

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8732

This document specifies additions and amendments to RFC 4462. It
defines a new key exchange method that uses SHA-2 for integrity and
deprecates weak Diffie-Hellman (DH) groups. The purpose of this
specification is to modernize the cryptographic primitives used by
Generic Security Service (GSS) key exchanges.

This document is a product of the CURves, Deprecating and a Little more Encryption Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC