Subject: RFC 8708 on Use of the HSS/LMS Hash-Based Signature Algorithm in the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 15:12:04 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8708

        Title:      Use of the HSS/LMS Hash-Based Signature Algorithm 
                    in the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) 
        Author:     R. Housley
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-lamps-cms-hash-sig-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8708

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8708

This document specifies the conventions for using the Hierarchical
Signature System (HSS) / Leighton-Micali Signature (LMS) hash-based
signature algorithm with the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS).  In
addition, the algorithm identifier and public key syntax are
provided.  The HSS/LMS algorithm is one form of hash-based digital
signature; it is described in RFC 8554.

This document is a product of the Limited Additional Mechanisms for PKIX and SMIME Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC