Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-lpwan-coap-static-context-hc-12.txt> (LPWAN Static Context Header Compression (SCHC) for CoAP) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2020 12:11:17 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 over Low Power Wide-Area
Networks WG (lpwan) to consider the following document: - 'LPWAN Static
Context Header Compression (SCHC) for CoAP'
  <draft-ietf-lpwan-coap-static-context-hc-12.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-02-20. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This draft defines the way SCHC header compression can be applied to
   CoAP headers.  The CoAP header structure differs from IPv6 and UDP
   protocols since CoAP uses a flexible header with a variable number of
   options, themselves of variable length.  The CoAP protocol messages
   format is asymmetric: the request messages have a header format
   different from the one in the response messages.  This document
   explains how to use the SCHC compression mechanism for CoAP.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lpwan-coap-static-context-hc/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lpwan-coap-static-context-hc/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc7967: Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) Option for No Server Response (Informational - Independent Submission Editor stream)