Subject: BCP 101, RFC 8717 on IETF Administrative Support Activity 2.0: Consolidated Updates to IETF Administrative Terminology

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2020 10:18:19 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 101        
        RFC 8717

        Title:      IETF Administrative Support Activity 2.0: 
                    Consolidated Updates to IETF Administrative 
                    Terminology 
        Author:     J. Klensin, Ed.
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Updates:    RFC 2028, RFC 2418, RFC 3005, RFC 3710, 
                    RFC 3929, RFC 4633, RFC 6702
        See Also:   BCP 101

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-iasa2-consolidated-upd-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8717

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8717

In 2018, the IETF began the transition to a new administrative
structure and updated its IETF Administrative Support Activity (IASA)
to a new "IASA 2.0" structure. In addition to more substantive
changes that are described in other documents, the transition to the
2018 IETF Administrative Support structure changes several position
titles and organizational relationships that are referenced
elsewhere.  Rather than reissue those referencing documents
individually, this specification provides updates to them and
deprecates some now-obsolete documents to ensure that there is no
confusion due to these changes.

This document is a product of the IETF Administrative Support Activity 2 Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC