Subject: WG Action: Conclusion of Managing, Ordering, Distributing, Exposing, & Registering telephone Numbers (modern)

From: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2020 11:50:02 -0800

The Managing, Ordering, Distributing, Exposing, & Registering telephone 
Numbers (modern) working group in the Applications and Real-Time Area 
has concluded. The IESG contact persons are Adam Roach, Alexey Melnikov, 
and Barry Leiba.

The MODERN working group will be closed after having completed a
framework document (RFC 8396). After producing this initial document,
the MODERN working group has struggled to attract sufficient activity
to remain open. The proponents of this work believe that it may become
relevant at some point in the future. If this occurs and sufficient
support exists at the time, it is anticipated that a successor working
group will be chartered to develop solutions that satisfy the
framework.

Thanks to all who participated in the MODERN discussions and the
creation of the framework RFC, and to the working group chairs for
shepherding that work. Thanks as well to Jon Peterson and Chris
Wendt for their work on MODERN-related drafts.

The MODERN mailing list ([email-masked]) will be closed. It is
anticipated that any future discussions around chartering a new group
in this space will take place on the ART and/or DISPATCH ([email-masked]
and [email-masked]) mailing lists, as appropriate.