Subject: RFC 8735 on Scenarios and Simulation Results of PCE in a Native IP Network

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2020 16:11:30 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8735

        Title:      Scenarios and Simulation Results of 
                    PCE in a Native IP Network 
        Author:     A. Wang,
                    X. Huang,
                    C. Kou,
                    Z. Li,
                    P. Mi
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-teas-native-ip-scenarios-12.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8735

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8735

Requirements for providing the End-to-End (E2E) performance assurance
are emerging within the service provider networks. While there are
various technology solutions, there is no single solution that can
fulfill these requirements for a native IP network. In particular,
there is a need for a universal E2E solution that can cover both
intra- and inter-domain scenarios.

One feasible E2E traffic-engineering solution is the addition of
central control in a native IP network. This document describes
various complex scenarios and simulation results when applying the
Path Computation Element (PCE) in a native IP network. This solution,
referred to as Centralized Control Dynamic Routing (CCDR), integrates
the advantage of using distributed protocols and the power of a
centralized control technology, providing traffic engineering for
native IP networks in a manner that applies equally to intra- and
inter-domain scenarios.

This document is a product of the Traffic Engineering Architecture and Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC