Subject: RFC 8738 on Automated Certificate Management Environment (ACME) IP Identifier Validation Extension

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2020 19:42:16 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8738

        Title:      Automated Certificate Management Environment (ACME) 
                    IP Identifier Validation Extension 
        Author:     R.B. Shoemaker
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-acme-ip-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8738

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8738

This document specifies identifiers and challenges required to enable
the Automated Certificate Management Environment (ACME) to issue
certificates for IP addresses.

This document is a product of the Automated Certificate Management Environment Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC