Subject: RFC 8746 on Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR) Tags for Typed Arrays

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2020 16:11:48 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8746

        Title:      Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR) 
                    Tags for Typed Arrays 
        Author:     C. Bormann, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-cbor-array-tags-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8746

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8746

The Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR), as defined in RFC
7049, is a data format whose design goals include the possibility of
extremely small code size, fairly small message size, and
extensibility without the need for version negotiation.

This document makes use of this extensibility to define a number of
CBOR tags for typed arrays of numeric data, as well as additional
tags for multi-dimensional and homogeneous arrays.  It is intended as
the reference document for the IANA registration of the CBOR tags
defined.

This document is a product of the Concise Binary Object Representation Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC