Subject: Protocol Action: 'JSON binding of IODEF' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-mile-jsoniodef-14.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 09:02:40 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'JSON binding of IODEF'
  (draft-ietf-mile-jsoniodef-14.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Managed Incident Lightweight Exchange
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alexey Melnikov, Benjamin Kaduk and Roman
Danyliw.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mile-jsoniodef/

Technical Summary

   This document proposes a JavaScript Object Notation (JSON)
   data model for the security incident reports and indicators as
   defined by the IODEF (RFC 7970) data model.  While the IODEF
   information model has been instantiated in XML in RFC 7970,
   an alternative more compact data model using CDDL and JSON
   is defined in this document.    

Working Group Summary

   The MILE working group has been working on the JSON
   definition for roughly 18 months and has had good discussion
   and review.  There has been good support and agreement that
   IODEF needed an update from XML to JSON format
   representation and this draft has received several reviews.

Document Quality

   The document is well written and been reviewed by both
   the working group participants as well as practitioners of
   IODEF, JSON and CDDL.

Personnel

   Nancy Cam-Winget is the document shepherd and
   Alexey Melnikov is the responsible AD.

RFC Editor Note

In Section 6:

Incident = {

 ? iodef-Indicator f=> [+ Indicator],

"f=>" is a typo, please change back to "=>"