Subject: RFC 8748 on Registry Fee Extension for the Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2020 09:45:21 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8748

        Title:      Registry Fee Extension for the 
                    Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP) 
        Author:     R. Carney, 
                    G. Brown,
                    J. Frakes
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      30
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-regext-epp-fees-20.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8748

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8748

Given the expansion of the DNS namespace and the proliferation of
novel business models, it is desirable to provide a method for
Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP) clients to query EPP servers
for the fees and credits associated with various billable
transactions and provide expected fees and credits for certain
commands and objects. This document describes an EPP extension
mapping for registry fees.

This document is a product of the Registration Protocols Extensions 
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC