Subject: Protocol Action: 'Additional Units for SenML' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-core-senml-more-units-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2020 12:26:01 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Additional Units for SenML'
  (draft-ietf-core-senml-more-units-05.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Constrained RESTful Environments Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adam Roach, Alexey Melnikov and Barry Leiba.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-senml-more-units/

Technical Summary

   This very short document essentially creates a sub-registry
   of derived SenML Units, which will be used by other SDOs.

Working Group Summary

   Most of the discussions on this document dealt with which units
   to add and the formatting particularities for them. Part of
   the discussion was too on the authoritative sources for units,
   and the role of IANA on that. Ultimately the document has gone
   through multiple expert reviews and has been discussed in multiple
   IETF meetings.

Document Quality

   Other SDOs are interested in using the new subregistry.

Personnel

   Document Shepherd: Jaime Jiménez.
   Area Director: Alexey Melnikov.