Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-rtcweb-sdp-11.txt> (Annotated Example SDP for WebRTC) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 12:03:13 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider the
following document: - 'Annotated Example SDP for WebRTC'
  <draft-ietf-rtcweb-sdp-11.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-04-28. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Real-Time Communications in WEB-browsers (Rtcweb) working group
   is charged to provide protocol support for direct interactive rich
   communication using audio, video and data between two peers' web
   browsers.  With in the Rtcweb framework, Session Description protocol
   (SDP) is used for negotiating session capabilities between the peers.
   Such a negotiation happens based on the SDP Offer/Answer exchange
   mechanism.

   This document provides an informational reference in describing the
   role of SDP and the Offer/Answer exchange mechanism for the most
   common Rtcweb use-cases.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtcweb-sdp/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtcweb-sdp/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.