Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-core-stateless-05.txt> (Extended Tokens and Stateless Clients in the Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2020 08:10:00 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Constrained RESTful Environments WG
(core) to consider the following document: - 'Extended Tokens and Stateless
Clients in the Constrained Application
   Protocol (CoAP)'
  <draft-ietf-core-stateless-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-04-02. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document provides considerations for alleviating CoAP clients
   and intermediaries of keeping per-request state.  To facilitate this,
   this document additionally introduces a new, optional CoAP protocol
   extension for extended token lengths.

   This document updates RFCs 7252 and 8323.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-stateless/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-stateless/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.