Subject: RFC 8755 on Using Commercial National Security Algorithm Suite Algorithms in Secure/Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2020 10:47:26 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8755

        Title:      Using Commercial National Security Algorithm 
                    Suite Algorithms in Secure/Multipurpose Internet
                    Mail Extensions 
        Author:     M. Jenkins
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       March 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-jenkins-cnsa-smime-profile-03.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8755

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8755

The United States Government has published the National Security
Agency (NSA) Commercial National Security Algorithm (CNSA) Suite,
which defines cryptographic algorithm policy for national security
applications. This document specifies the conventions for using the
United States National Security Agency's CNSA Suite algorithms in
Secure/Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (S/MIME) as specified in
RFC 8551. It applies to the capabilities, configuration, and
operation of all components of US National Security Systems that
employ S/MIME messaging. US National Security Systems are described
in NIST Special Publication 800-59. It is also appropriate for all
other US Government systems that process high-value information. It
is made publicly available for use by developers and operators of
these and any other system deployments.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC