Subject: RFC 8760 on The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Digest Access Authentication Scheme

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2020 14:59:19 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8760

        Title:      The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) 
                    Digest Access Authentication Scheme 
        Author:     R. Shekh-Yusef
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Updates:    RFC 3261

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sipcore-digest-scheme-15.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8760

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8760

This document updates RFC 3261 by modifying the Digest Access
Authentication scheme used by the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
to add support for more secure digest algorithms, e.g., SHA-256 and
SHA-512/256, to replace the obsolete MD5 algorithm.

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Protocol Core Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC