Subject: Document Action: 'Evaluation Test Cases for Interactive Real-Time Media over Wireless Networks' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-rmcat-wireless-tests-11.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2020 13:57:55 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Evaluation Test Cases for Interactive Real-Time Media over Wireless
   Networks'
  (draft-ietf-rmcat-wireless-tests-11.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the RTP Media Congestion Avoidance Techniques
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Mirja Kühlewind and Magnus Westerlund.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rmcat-wireless-tests/

Technical Summary

   This document describes test cases for evaluating the performance of RTP
   congestion control algorithms over LTE and Wi-Fi networks. It's part of
   a set of drafts describing evaluation criteria for congestion control
   algorithms developed in the RMCAT working group.

Working Group Summary

  Some discussion early in the process, but the draft has been stable for
  some years. The test cases presented are not controversial, and have been
  used in the evaluation of algorithms developed by the WG.

Document Quality

  The test cases described were used in the evaluation of the SCReAM and
  NADA algorithms, demonstrating their utility. Sergio Mena provided a
  helpful and detailed WG last call review.

Personnel

  The shepherd is Colin Perkins. The responsible area directory is Mirja
  Kühlewind.