Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dnsop-extended-error-14.txt> (Extended DNS Errors) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2020 08:17:57 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Domain Name System Operations WG
(dnsop) to consider the following document: - 'Extended DNS Errors'
  <draft-ietf-dnsop-extended-error-14.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-04-02. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines an extensible method to return additional
   information about the cause of DNS errors.  Though created primarily
   to extend SERVFAIL to provide additional information about the cause
   of DNS and DNSSEC failures, the Extended DNS Errors option defined in
   this document allows all response types to contain extended error
   information.  Extended DNS Error information does not change the
   processing of RCODEs.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-extended-error/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-extended-error/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.