Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-isis-mpls-elc-11.txt> (Signaling Entropy Label Capability and Entropy Readable Label Depth Using IS-IS) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020 11:52:14 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Link State Routing WG (lsr) to
consider the following document: - 'Signaling Entropy Label Capability and
Entropy Readable Label Depth
   Using IS-IS'
  <draft-ietf-isis-mpls-elc-11.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-05-05. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) has defined a mechanism to load-
   balance traffic flows using Entropy Labels (EL).  An ingress Label
   Switching Router (LSR) cannot insert ELs for packets going into a
   given Label Switched Path (LSP) unless an egress LSR has indicated
   via signaling that it has the capability to process ELs, referred to
   as the Entropy Label Capability (ELC), on that tunnel.  In addition,
   it would be useful for ingress LSRs to know each LSR's capability for
   reading the maximum label stack depth and performing EL-based load-
   balancing, referred to as Entropy Readable Label Depth (ERLD).  This
   document defines a mechanism to signal these two capabilities using
   IS-IS.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-mpls-elc/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-mpls-elc/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2311/