Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-idr-capabilities-registry-change-07.txt> (Revision to Capability Codes Registration Procedures) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2020 14:17:41 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Inter-Domain Routing WG (idr) to
consider the following document: - 'Revision to Capability Codes Registration
Procedures'
  <draft-ietf-idr-capabilities-registry-change-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-04-30. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document updates RFC 5492 by making a change to the registration
   procedures for BGP Capability Codes.  Specifically, the range
   formerly designated "Reserved for Private Use" is divided into three
   new ranges, respectively designated as "First Come First Served",
   "Experimental Use" and "Reserved".

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-capabilities-registry-change/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-capabilities-registry-change/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.