Subject: Update on packet loss and slowness

From: Glen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2020 09:53:28 -0700

Dear IETF Community -

We've received the following information from our upstream ISP:

--snip--

IP NOC reports that services are impacted by multiple fiber cuts that
are impacting the network. Field Operations and all necessary repair
personnel have arrived to the first fiber cut location and are
currently working to pull in the slack on the fiber span.
Approximately 3,000 feet of new fiber will be required to pulled in.

--snip--

My elementary school math tells me that's just under a kilometer of
cut fiber, on a major backbone here in the USA.

Thank you all for your patience as their engineers out there work to
repair this.

Glen
--
Glen Barney
IT Director
AMS (IETF Secretariat)