Subject: IMAP Email Archive access is temporarily offline

From: Glen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2020 17:34:30 -0700

Dear IETF Community -

Those of you who make use of IMAP access to the IETF email archives
will note that the IMAP server is currently offline.

Recent upgrades pertaining to the removal of Python 2 code from IETF
software revealed an unexpected dependency in the IMAP server, which
requires Python 2.  So the removal of the Python 2 code is preventing
the IMAP server from operating correctly.

To prevent stalls or other issues, I have halted the IMAP server
completely, which should cause an error for IMAP users, and,
hopefully, direct them to the Mail Archive, where they will see this
message.

We are opening a ticket with the provider of the IMAP server software,
and hope to have this service restored as soon as possible.  In the
meantime, please use the IETF web-based Mail Archive tool for
access.

As always, any questions, please feel free to email me:   [email-masked]

Thank you,
Glen
--
Glen Barney
IT Director
AMS (IETF Secretariat)

---

From: Glen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2020 09:21:20 -0700

Dear IETF Community -

I'm pleased to report the IMAP Mail Archive service is now back online
and available for use.

Thank you.

Glen
--
Glen Barney
IT Director
AMS (IETF Secretariat)