Subject: Final outage update / conclusion / summary

From: Glen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2020 12:17:16 -0700

Dear IETF Community -

Overnight, I received the following update, which I'm sharing for
interest only, as a result of many inquiries from the community.  The
outage is now over, and all seems to be well.  I do not expect to
receive or have any further information on this (unless they in the
future perform further repairs and notify me about them, in which case
those will of course be shared as well.)

Thank you all for your support during this incident!

Glen
--
Glen Barney
IT Director
AMS (IETF Secretariat)

--snip--

IP NOC reports splicing at the second location, Milwaukee, WI on the
96 count cable has been completed. Associated network alarms and
network congestion has cleared. Field Operations advise this was a
temporary restoration to expedite restoral. A permanent repair will be
conducted at a later date during a scheduled maintenance window.
Impacted clients will be notified prior to the work being conducted.
Field Teams at the first location in Fort Worth, TX continue
restoration efforts however no further impact to services is
anticipated.

Event Conclusion Summary

Outage Start: April 21, 2020 at 13:55 GMT
Outage Stop: April 21, 2020 at 20:45 GMT

Root Cause: Multiple fiber cuts were impacting IP services in various markets.

Fix Action: The cut fiber was repaired, thus restoring services.

This service impact has concluded.