Subject: RFC 8770 on Host Router Support for OSPFv2

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2020 10:20:17 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8770

        Title:      Host Router Support for OSPFv2 
        Author:     K. Patel, 
                    P. Pillay-Esnault,
                    M. Bhardwaj,
                    S. Bayraktar
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Updates:    RFC 6987

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv2-hbit-12.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8770

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8770

The Open Shortest Path First Version 2 (OSPFv2) protocol does not
have a mechanism for a node to repel transit traffic if it is on the
shortest path.  This document defines a bit called the Host-bit
(H-bit). This bit enables a router to advertise that it is a
non-transit router.  This document also describes the changes needed
to support the H-bit in the domain.  In addition, this document
updates RFC 6987 to advertise Type 2 External and Not-So-Stubby Area
(NSSA) Link State Advertisements (LSAs) (RFC 3101) with a high cost
in order to repel traffic effectively.

This document is a product of the Link State Routing Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC