Subject: Last Call: <draft-iesg-nomcom-eligibility-2020-00.txt> (Eligibility for the 2020-2021 Nominating Committee) to Best Current Practice

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2020 10:24:47 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider the
following document: - 'Eligibility for the 2020-2021 Nominating Committee'
  <draft-iesg-nomcom-eligibility-2020-00.txt> as Best Current Practice

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-04-30. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The 2020-2021 Nominating Committee (NomCom) needs to be formed
   between IETF 107 and IETF 108, and the issue of eligibility of who
   can serve on that NomCom needs clarification.  This document provides
   a one-time interpretation of the eligibility rules that is required
   for the exceptional situation of the cancellation of the in-person
   IETF 107 meeting.  This document only affects the seating of the
   2020-2021 NomCom, and does not set a precedent for the future.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iesg-nomcom-eligibility-2020/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iesg-nomcom-eligibility-2020/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.