Subject: RFC 8771 on The Internationalized Deliberately Unreadable Network NOtation (I-DUNNO)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2020 09:22:47 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8771

        Title:      The Internationalized Deliberately Unreadable
                    Network NOtation (I-DUNNO) 
        Author:     A. Mayrhofer,
                    J. Hague
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       1 April 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-mayrhofer-i-dunno-02.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8771

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8771

Domain Names were designed for humans, IP addresses were not.  But
more than 30 years after the introduction of the DNS, a minority of
mankind persists in invading the realm of machine-to-machine
communication by reading, writing, misspelling, memorizing,
permuting, and confusing IP addresses.  This memo describes the
Internationalized Deliberately Unreadable Network NOtation
("I-DUNNO"), a notation designed to replace current textual
representations of IP addresses with something that is not only more
concise but will also discourage this small, but obviously important,
subset of human activity.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC