Subject: RFC 8774 on The Quantum Bug

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2020 09:23:09 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8774

        Title:      The Quantum Bug 
        Author:     M. Welzl
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       1 April 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-welzl-quantumbug-00.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8774

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8774

The age of quantum networking is upon us, and with it comes
"entanglement": a procedure in which a state (i.e., a bit) can be
transferred instantly, with no measurable delay between peers.  This
will lead to a perceived round-trip time of zero seconds on some
Internet paths, a capability which was not predicted and so not
included as a possibility in many protocol specifications.  Worse
than the millennium bug, this unexpected value is bound to cause
serious Internet failures unless the specifications are fixed in
time.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC