Subject: RFC 8761 on Video Codec Requirements and Evaluation Methodology

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2020 17:08:53 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8761

        Title:      Video Codec Requirements and Evaluation 
                    Methodology 
        Author:     A. Filippov,
                    A. Norkin,
                    J.R. Alvarez
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-netvc-requirements-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8761

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8761

This document provides requirements for a video codec designed mainly
for use over the Internet. In addition, this document describes an
evaluation methodology for measuring the compression efficiency to
determine whether or not the stated requirements have been fulfilled.

This document is a product of the Internet Video Codec Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC