Subject: Latency and packet loss, Europe and Eastern US

From: Glen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2020 09:20:36 -0700

Dear IETF Community -

We are aware that, for at least the past several hours, there has been
latency and packet loss from the southeast US and a number of
countries in Europe.  Reviewing global traffic monitoring tools, the
packet loss appears to be regionally focused.

We've noted a common factor in the impacted routes, a specific router
several hops upstream from us, which, when in the route, seems to be
the cause of the loss.  Locations that don't get routed through that
hop seem not to be impacted.

We've opened a direct ticket with our upstream ISP, and provided the
details, and will be hoping for a quick resolution to this issue.

Thank you for your patience.

Glen
--
Glen Barney
IT Director
AMS (IETF Secretariat)