Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-httpbis-header-structure-18.txt> (Structured Field Values for HTTP) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020 10:53:39 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the HTTP WG (httpbis) to consider the
following document: - 'Structured Field Values for HTTP'
  <draft-ietf-httpbis-header-structure-18.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-05-04. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes a set of data types and associated algorithms
   that are intended to make it easier and safer to define and handle
   HTTP header and trailer fields, known as "Structured Fields",
   "Structured Headers", or "Structured Trailers".  It is intended for
   use by specifications of new HTTP fields that wish to use a common
   syntax that is more restrictive than traditional HTTP field values.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-header-structure/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-header-structure/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.