Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-anima-autonomic-control-plane-24.txt> (An Autonomic Control Plane (ACP)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2020 06:34:32 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Autonomic Networking Integrated
Model and Approach WG (anima) to consider the following document: - 'An
Autonomic Control Plane (ACP)'
  <draft-ietf-anima-autonomic-control-plane-24.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-04-21. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Autonomic functions need a control plane to communicate, which
   depends on some addressing and routing.  This Autonomic Control Plane
   should ideally be self-managing, and as independent as possible of
   configuration.  This document defines such a plane and calls it the
   "Autonomic Control Plane", with the primary use as a control plane
   for autonomic functions.  It also serves as a "virtual out-of-band
   channel" for Operations, Administration and Management (OAM)
   communications over a network that provides automatically configured
   hop-by-hop authenticated and encrypted communications via
   automatically configured IPv6 even when the network is not
   configured, or misconfigured.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-anima-autonomic-control-plane/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-anima-autonomic-control-plane/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2407/