Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-cose-rfc8152bis-struct-09.txt> (CBOR Object Signing and Encryption (COSE): Structures and Process) to Internet Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2020 06:30:42 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the CBOR Object Signing and Encryption
WG (cose) to consider the following document: - 'CBOR Object Signing and
Encryption (COSE): Structures and Process'
  <draft-ietf-cose-rfc8152bis-struct-09.txt> as Internet Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-05-29. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR) is a data format designed
   for small code size and small message size.  There is a need for the
   ability to have basic security services defined for this data format.
   This document defines the CBOR Object Signing and Encryption (COSE)
   protocol.  This specification describes how to create and process
   signatures, message authentication codes, and encryption using CBOR
   for serialization.  This specification additionally describes how to
   represent cryptographic keys using CBOR.

   This document along with [I-D.ietf-cose-rfc8152bis-algs] obsoletes
   RFC8152.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cose-rfc8152bis-struct/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    draft-ietf-cose-rfc8152bis-algs: CBOR Object Signing and Encryption (COSE): Initial Algorithms (None - IETF stream)
    rfc7049: Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR) (Proposed Standard - IETF stream)