Subject: Protocol Action: 'Revision to Capability Codes Registration Procedures' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-idr-capabilities-registry-change-09.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2020 11:58:28 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Revision to Capability Codes Registration Procedures'
  (draft-ietf-idr-capabilities-registry-change-09.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-capabilities-registry-change/

Technical Summary

   This document updates RFC 5492 by making a change to the registration
   procedures for BGP Capability Codes.  Specifically, the range
   formerly designated "Reserved for Private Use" is divided into three
   new ranges, respectively designated as "First Come First Served",
   "Experimental Use" and "Reserved".

Working Group Summary

   This is an administrative document, so it didn't spark too much interest, 
   but there was no opposition. 

Document Quality

   This document just updates a registry.

Personnel

  Document Shepherd: Susan Hares 
  Responsible Area Director: Alvaro Retana