Subject: Protocol Action: 'Eligibility for the 2020-2021 Nominating Committee' to Best Current Practice (draft-iesg-nomcom-eligibility-2020-03.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 11:43:27 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Eligibility for the 2020-2021 Nominating Committee'
  (draft-iesg-nomcom-eligibility-2020-03.txt) as Best Current Practice

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an IETF
Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Murray Kucherawy.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iesg-nomcom-eligibility-2020/

Technical Summary

   The 2020-2021 Nominating Committee (NomCom) needs to be formed
   between IETF 107 and IETF 108, and the issue of eligibility of who
   can serve on that NomCom needs clarification.  This document provides
   a one-time interpretation of the eligibility rules that is required
   for the exceptional situation of the cancellation of the in-person
   IETF 107 meeting.  This document only affects the seating of the
   2020-2021 NomCom and any rules that relate to NomCom eligibility or
   process before IETF 108, and does not set a precedent for the future.

Working Group Summary

   This document was not the product of a working group.  There was
   broad consensus on the mail IETF mailing list in support of the
   content of this document, and also that this be handled as a BCP
   rather than an IESG action.

Document Quality

   There appears to be broad community consensus both for the
   content and the method being followed for this document.

Personnel

   Murray Kucherawy is the responsible Area Director.