Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dhc-problem-statement-of-mredhcpv6-05.txt> (DHCPv6 Extension Practices and Considerations) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 09:06:02 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Dynamic Host Configuration WG (dhc)
to consider the following document: - 'DHCPv6 Extension Practices and
Considerations'
  <draft-ietf-dhc-problem-statement-of-mredhcpv6-05.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-05-25. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The manageability, security, privacy protection, and traceability of
   networks can be supported by extending the DHCPv6 protocol according
   to requirements.  This document provides current extension practices
   and typical DHCPv6 server softwares on extensions, defines a DHCPv6
   general model, discusses some extension points, and presents
   extension cases.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-problem-statement-of-mredhcpv6/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.