Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-trill-multilevel-single-nickname-09.txt> (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links (TRILL) Single Area Border RBridge Nickname for Multilevel) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2020 09:53:17 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider the
following document: - 'Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links (TRILL)
Single Area
   Border RBridge Nickname for Multilevel'
  <draft-ietf-trill-multilevel-single-nickname-09.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-06-11. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   A major issue in multilevel TRILL is how to manage RBridge nicknames.
   In this document, the area border RBridge uses a single nickname in
   both Level 1 and Level 2. RBridges in Level 2 must obtain unique
   nicknames but RBridges in different Level 1 areas may have the same
   nicknames.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-multilevel-single-nickname/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2587/