Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-ospf-te-link-attr-reuse-11.txt> (OSPF Link Traffic Engineering Attribute Reuse) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2020 10:42:38 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Link State Routing WG (lsr) to
consider the following document: - 'OSPF Link Traffic Engineering Attribute
Reuse'
  <draft-ietf-ospf-te-link-attr-reuse-11.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-05-29. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Existing traffic engineering related link attribute advertisements
   have been defined and are used in RSVP-TE deployments.  Since the
   original RSVP-TE use case was defined, additional applications (e.g.,
   Segment Routing Traffic Engineering, Loop Free Alternate) have been
   defined which also make use of the link attribute advertisements.  In
   cases where multiple applications wish to make use of these link
   attributes the current advertisements do not support application
   specific values for a given attribute nor do they support indication
   of which applications are using the advertised value for a given
   link.  This document introduces new link attribute advertisements in
   OSPFv2 and OSPFv3 which address both of these shortcomings.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-te-link-attr-reuse/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.