Subject: Last Call: <draft-gellens-lost-validation-08.txt> (The LoST-Validation S-NAPTR Application Service Tag) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2020 06:30:54 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider the
following document: - 'The LoST-Validation S-NAPTR Application Service Tag'
  <draft-gellens-lost-validation-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

This document has been through last call in March 2020, as Informational.
Comments from that last call resulted in rethinking the appropriate status.
This is a second last call, seeking community consensus on the new status
of Proposed Standard, with an explicit update to RFC 5222 included.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-06-18. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document adds the "LoST-Validation" service tag to the
   Straightforward Naming Authority PoinTeR (S-NAPTR) Application
   Service Tag IANA registry.  This tag can appear in a Naming Authority
   Pointer (NAPTR) Domain Name System (DNS) record to assist clients of
   the Location-to-Service Translation Protocol (LoST) in identifying
   LoST servers explicitly willing to perform location validation.  This
   tag and the information on its use is an update to RFC5222 that
   enables the explicit discovery of a server that supports location
   validation.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gellens-lost-validation/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.