Subject: RFC 8786 on Updated Rules for Processing Stateful PCE Request Parameters Flags

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 31 May 2020 11:59:18 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8786

        Title:      Updated Rules for Processing Stateful 
                    PCE Request Parameters Flags 
        Author:     A. Farrel
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Updates:    RFC 8231

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pce-stateful-flags-01.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8786

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8786

Extensions to the Path Computation Element Communication Protocol
(PCEP) to support stateful Path Computation Elements (PCEs) are
defined in RFC 8231.  One of the extensions is the Stateful PCE
Request Parameters (SRP) object.  That object includes a Flags field
that is a set of 32 bit flags, and RFC 8281 defines an IANA registry
for tracking assigned flags.  However, RFC 8231 does not explain how
an implementation should set unassigned flags in transmitted
messages, nor how an implementation should process unassigned,
unknown, or unsupported flags in received messages.

This document updates RFC 8231 by defining the correct behaviors.

This document is a product of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC