Subject: BCP 10, RFC 8788 on Eligibility for the 2020-2021 Nominating Committee

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 23:30:57 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 10        
        RFC 8788

        Title:      Eligibility for the 2020-2021 Nominating 
                    Committee 
        Author:     B. Leiba
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        See Also:   BCP 10

        I-D Tag:    draft-iesg-nomcom-eligibility-2020-03.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8788

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8788

The 2020-2021 Nominating Committee (NomCom) is to be formed between
the IETF 107 and IETF 108 meetings, and the issue of eligibility of
who can serve on that NomCom needs clarification. This document
provides a one-time interpretation of the eligibility rules that is
required for the exceptional situation of the cancellation of the
in-person IETF 107 meeting.  This document only affects the seating
of the 2020-2021 NomCom and any rules or processes that relate to
NomCom eligibility before IETF 108; it does not set a precedent to be
applied in the future.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC