Subject: IAB Seeks Feedback on IETF Appointment to the ICANN NomCom

From: IAB Executive Administrative Manager <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2020 11:12:59 -0700

The IAB (on behalf of the IETF) has been asked to supply a member to the 
2021 ICANN Nominating Committee (NomCom) by 2020-07-17. Peter Koch 
filled this role for the IETF community for the past year, and he is 
willing to continue.

The IAB would like to solicit comments from the community on Peter Koch 
on the ICANN NomCom. While the ICANN NomCom process itself is 
confidential, the IAB believes that asking for feedback on this 
appointment is important for transparency.

Please send comments to [email-masked] and [email-masked]. The IAB 
would appreciate receiving comments by Tuesday, 2020-06-23 at 2359 UTC, 
as the IAB will begin the next steps in this appointment process 
shortly.

The 2021 ICANN NomCom will select people to fill the following positions:

  • Three members of the ICANN Board of Directors.
  • Three regional representatives to the At-Large Advisory Committee 
    (ALAC) – one from the Asia, Australia, and Pacific Islands region, 
    one from the Latin America and Caribbean Islands region, one from 
    the Africa region.
  • Two members of the Generic Names Supporting Organization (GNSO) 
    Council.
  • One member of the Country Code Names Supporting Organization (ccNSO) 
    Council.

For more information about the ICANN NomCom see: 
https://nomcom.icann.org/

On behalf of the IAB,
Cindy Morgan
IAB Executive Administrative Manager

---

From: IAB Executive Administrative Manager <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2020 13:02:32 -0700

To clarify the message below, comments sent to the IAB will be treated confidentially. 

On May 28, 2020, at 11:12 AM, IAB Executive Administrative Manager <[email-masked]> wrote:

> The IAB (on behalf of the IETF) has been asked to supply a member to 
> the 2021 ICANN Nominating Committee (NomCom) by 2020-07-17. Peter Koch 
> The IAB would like to solicit comments from the community on Peter 
> Koch on the ICANN NomCom. While the ICANN NomCom process itself is 
> would appreciate receiving comments by Tuesday, 2020-06-23 at 2359 
> UTC, as the IAB will begin the next steps in this appointment process 
> shortly.
> 
>  • One member of the Country Code Names Supporting Organization 
>    (ccNSO) Council.
>