Subject: Protocol Action: 'Poll-Based Security Event Token (SET) Delivery Using HTTP' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-secevent-http-poll-12.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2020 14:54:49 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Poll-Based Security Event Token (SET) Delivery Using HTTP'
  (draft-ietf-secevent-http-poll-12.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Security Events Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Benjamin Kaduk and Roman Danyliw.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-secevent-http-poll/

Technical Summary

This document defines a poll-based HTTP transport for SETs (security events)
which are specified in RFC 8417. The document defines transport using HTTP POST
and TLS, as well as  optional assurance for such delivery.

Working Group Summary

There is WG consensus for publishing this document, and no controversy.

Document Quality

Implementations: Microsoft has the protocol running in production.
No noteworthy reviews, and no special expertise required, beyond the working group's core expertise.

Personnel

Yaron Sheffer is the document shepherd.
Benjamin Kaduk is the responsible AD.