Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-idr-rfc8203bis-06.txt> (Extended BGP Administrative Shutdown Communication) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2020 08:54:18 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Inter-Domain Routing WG (idr) to
consider the following document: - 'Extended BGP Administrative Shutdown
Communication'
  <draft-ietf-idr-rfc8203bis-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-07-14. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document enhances the BGP Cease NOTIFICATION message
   "Administrative Shutdown" and "Administrative Reset" subcodes for
   operators to transmit a short freeform message to describe why a BGP
   session was shutdown or reset.  This document updates RFC 4486 and
   obsoletes RFC 8203 by defining an Extended BGP Administrative
   Shutdown Communication to improve communication using multibyte
   character sets.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-rfc8203bis/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.