Subject: Call for Nominations: ICANN Root Zone Evolution Review Committee (RZERC)

From: IAB Executive Administrative Manager <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2020 09:11:53 -0700

Please forward to all interested parties.

On behalf of the IETF, the IAB has been asked to name a technical expert 
to the ICANN Root Zone Evolution Review Committee (RZERC). The RZERC is 
expected to:

  - Review and provide input regarding proposed architectural and 
    operational changes to the root zone.

  - As determined necessary by the committee, propose architectural and 
    operational changes to the Root Zone for consideration by the ICANN 
    Board.

  - Act as a consultation body for ICANN during the RFP process for the 
    Root Zone Maintainer, if needed.

The incumbent is Jim Reid, who has served in this role since 2016, and 
therefore cannot seek another term due to term limits. The IAB would 
like to thank Jim for his four years of service.

The IAB is asking the community for volunteers to serve on the ICANN 
RZERC. The IAB will select one person for a one-year term that will 
begin at ICANN 69. This appointment will be renewable for up to three 
additional one-year terms. If you are interested, please send a 
short email message to [email-masked] with a copy to [email-masked] 
with your motivation and information concerning your familiarity 
with the IETF and ICANN as well as the other standards organizations 
represented on the RZERC. The deadline for volunteering is Tuesday,
2020-06-30 at 2359 UTC.

The IAB will select from the available candidates, taking into account
the familiarity with ICANN and the IETF, their roles, and the IETF
protocols. The selected candidates will serve on the ICANN RZERC on 
personal title; however, the IAB will be looking for a candidate who has 
an understanding of the interests of the technical community.

The IAB generally believes that the guiding principle should be that 
individuals serve without expectation of direct compensation from the 
bodies to which they are appointed, so as to avoid any appearance of 
conflict of interest. For more details, please see the IAB Statement on 
Liaison Compensation <https://www.iab.org/documents/correspondence-
reports-documents/2015-2/iab-statement-on-liaison-compensation/>.

The ICANN RZERC is expected to meet as frequently as necessary, with at 
least one meeting per calendar year.  

If you are willing to be considered or would like to nominate someone
else for one of the RZERC positions, please send an email message to
[email-masked] and [email-masked] by 2020-06-30 at 2359 UTC.

On behalf of the IAB,
   Cindy Morgan
   IAB Executive Administrative Manager