Subject: New Non-WG Mailing List: asdf

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 13:06:59 -0700

A new IETF non-working group email list has been created.

List address: [email-masked]
Archive: https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/browse/asdf/
To subscribe: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asdf

Purpose:
One of the hard problems of building large-scale IoT systems is the
lack of common data models for IoT and IoT devices. Each IoT standards
organization, and many IoT platform vendors, have created their own
version of an IoT data model framework, each with a bespoke meta-model
and representation language. To achieve the goal of arriving at a
common set of data and interaction models that describe IoT devices,
the first step to take was to have a common way how to write down a
model. The SDF (Semantic Description Format) has been created in the
One Data Model initiative to serve this purpose. SDF Version 1.0 has
been used to collect some 200 models describing various kinds of IoT
devices, the further development and harmonization of which is what
OneDM will now focus on. The OneDM participants are looking to IETF
to develop SDF to a fully specified, highly interoperable standard
that can serve the IoT community in building systems that cross the
established ecosystems.

This list belongs to IETF area: ART

For additional information, please contact the list administrators.