Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-ntp-mode-6-cmds-08.txt> (Control Messages Protocol for Use with Network Time Protocol Version 4) to Historic RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2020 12:31:11 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Network Time Protocol WG (ntp) to
consider the following document: - 'Control Messages Protocol for Use with
Network Time Protocol Version 4'
  <draft-ietf-ntp-mode-6-cmds-08.txt> as Historic RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-06-15. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes the structure of the control messages that
   were historically used with the Network Time Protocol before the
   advent of more modern control and management approaches.  These
   control messages have been used to monitor and control the Network
   Time Protocol application running on any IP network attached
   computer.  The information in this document was originally described
   in Appendix B of RFC 1305.  The goal of this document is to provide a
   current, but historic, description of the control messages as
   described in RFC 1305 and any additional commands implemented in NTP.

   The publication of this document is not meant to encourage the
   developement and deployment of these control messages.  This document
   is only providing a current reference for these control messages
   given the current status of RFC 1305.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ntp-mode-6-cmds/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.