Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dhc-v6only-03.txt> (IPv6-Only-Preferred Option for DHCPv4) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2020 06:35:28 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Dynamic Host Configuration WG (dhc)
to consider the following document: - 'IPv6-Only-Preferred Option for DHCPv4'
  <draft-ietf-dhc-v6only-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-07-02. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies a DHCPv4 option to indicate that a host
   supports an IPv6-only mode and willing to forgo obtaining an IPv4
   address if the network provides IPv6 connectivity.  It also updates
   RFC2563 to specify the DHCPv4 server behavior when the server
   receives a DHCPDISCOVER not containing the Auto-Configure option.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-v6only/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.