Subject: RFC 8797 on Remote Direct Memory Access - Connection Manager (RDMA-CM) Private Data for RPC-over-RDMA Version 1

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2020 11:16:34 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8797

        Title:      Remote Direct Memory Access - 
                    Connection Manager (RDMA-CM) Private Data for 
                    RPC-over-RDMA Version 1 
        Author:     C. Lever
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Updates:    RFC 8166

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-nfsv4-rpcrdma-cm-pvt-data-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8797

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8797

This document specifies the format of Remote Direct Memory Access -
Connection Manager (RDMA-CM) Private Data exchanged between
RPC-over-RDMA version 1 peers as part of establishing a connection.
The addition of the Private Data payload specified in this document
is an optional extension that does not alter the RPC-over-RDMA
version 1 protocol. This document updates RFC 8166.

This document is a product of the Network File System Version 4 Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC