Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-acme-email-smime-08.txt> (Extensions to Automatic Certificate Management Environment for end user S/MIME certificates) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2020 11:57:27 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Automated Certificate Management
Environment WG (acme) to consider the following document: - 'Extensions to
Automatic Certificate Management Environment for end
   user S/MIME certificates'
  <draft-ietf-acme-email-smime-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-07-09. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies identifiers and challenges required to enable
   the Automated Certificate Management Environment (ACME) to issue
   certificates for use by email users that want to use S/MIME.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-acme-email-smime/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc7489: Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting, and Conformance (DMARC) (Informational - Independent Submission Editor stream)