Subject: Last Call: <draft-allan-5g-fmc-encapsulation-04.txt> (5G Wireless Wireline Convergence User Plane Encapsulation (5WE)) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2020 07:18:07 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider the
following document: - '5G Wireless Wireline Convergence User Plane
Encapsulation (5WE)'
  <draft-allan-5g-fmc-encapsulation-04.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-07-27. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   As part of providing wireline access to the 5G Core (5GC), deployed
   wireline networks carry user data between 5G residential gateways
   and the 5G Access Gateway Function (AGF). The encapsulation used
   needs to meet a variety of requirements including being able to
   multiplex the traffic of multiple PDU sessions within a VLAN
   delineated access circuit, to permit legacy equipment in the data
   path to snoop certain packet fields, to carry 5G QoS information
   associated with the data, and to be efficiently encoded. This memo
   specifies an encapsulation that meets these requirements.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-allan-5g-fmc-encapsulation/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3663/