Subject: RFC 8779 on Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) Extensions for GMPLS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2020 16:51:34 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8779

        Title:      Path Computation Element Communication Protocol 
                    (PCEP) Extensions for GMPLS 
        Author:     C. Margaria, Ed.,
                    O. Gonzalez de Dios, Ed.,
                    F. Zhang, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      38
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pce-gmpls-pcep-extensions-16.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8779

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8779

A Path Computation Element (PCE) provides path computation functions
for Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) and Generalized MPLS (GMPLS)
networks. Additional requirements for GMPLS are identified in RFC
7025. 

This memo provides extensions to the Path Computation Element
Communication Protocol (PCEP) for the support of the GMPLS control
plane to address those requirements.

This document is a product of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC