Subject: RFC 8803 on 0-RTT TCP Convert Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 16:21:37 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8803

        Title:      0-RTT TCP Convert Protocol 
        Author:     O. Bonaventure, Ed.,
                    M. Boucadair, Ed.,
                    S. Gundavelli,
                    S. Seo,
                    B. Hesmans
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      47
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tcpm-converters-19.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8803

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8803

This document specifies an application proxy, called Transport
Converter, to assist the deployment of TCP extensions such as
Multipath TCP. A Transport Converter may provide conversion service
for one or more TCP extensions. The conversion service is provided by
means of the 0-RTT TCP Convert Protocol (Convert).

This protocol provides 0-RTT (Zero Round-Trip Time) conversion
service since no extra delay is induced by the protocol compared to
connections that are not proxied. Also, the Convert Protocol does not
require any encapsulation (no tunnels whatsoever).

This specification assumes an explicit model, where the Transport
Converter is explicitly configured on hosts. As a sample
applicability use case, this document specifies how the Convert
Protocol applies for Multipath TCP.

This document is a product of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC