Subject: Document Action: 'Use cases for DDoS Open Threat Signaling' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-dots-use-cases-25.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 11:02:02 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Use cases for DDoS Open Threat Signaling'
  (draft-ietf-dots-use-cases-25.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the DDoS Open Threat Signaling Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Benjamin Kaduk and Roman Danyliw.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dots-use-cases/

Technical Summary

This document specifies current use cases in DDoS mitigation that
the DOTS WG protocols intend to addresses.  These use cases describe
the interactions expected between the DOTS components as well as
DOTS messaging exchanges

Working Group Summary

The WG has reached consensus to publish this protocol specification as
an Informational document  (the thread discussing this decision can be
found here:
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/dots/l0phQdpmSc4j6XhfxUyx-lrrDzk)
It has been subjected to substantial review from the community of interest.
Publication of this draft has been intentionally delayed to ensure that the
described behavior is consistent with the final signal and data channel
specifications (RFCs 8782/8783).

Document Quality

This draft has seen extensive review from the WG and there is a
belief that it is ready for publication, and that the use cases chosen
to be reflected are important and representative.

Personnel

The document shepherd is Valery Smyslov.
The responsible Area Director is Benjamin Kaduk.