Subject: Protocol Action: 'Recommendations for DNS Privacy Service Operators' to Best Current Practice (draft-ietf-dprive-bcp-op-14.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 10:49:11 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Recommendations for DNS Privacy Service Operators'
  (draft-ietf-dprive-bcp-op-14.txt) as Best Current Practice

This document is the product of the DNS PRIVate Exchange Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Erik Kline and Éric Vyncke.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dprive-bcp-op/

Technical Summary

This document presents operational, policy and security
considerations for DNS recursive resolver operators who choose to
offer DNS Privacy services.  With these recommendations, the operator
can make deliberate decisions regarding which services to provide,
and how the decisions and alternatives impact the privacy of users.

Working Group Summary

Working Group process was not controversial or rough.

Document Quality

 Document quality is very solid and has been through several reviews.

Personnel

Document Shepherd:  Tim Wicinski
Responsible Area Director:  Éric Vyncke