Subject: Protocol Action: 'OSPF Application-Specific Link Attributes' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-ospf-te-link-attr-reuse-16.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2020 12:04:40 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'OSPF Application-Specific Link Attributes'
  (draft-ietf-ospf-te-link-attr-reuse-16.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Link State Routing Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-te-link-attr-reuse/

Technical Summary

      This document specifies extensions to OSPF to specify encoding for
      application specific link attributes. This will support both
      different attributes for applications and limiting the usage of
      attributes to specific applications. Backward compatibility
      considerations are also discussed. 

Working Group Summary

      Initially, there was a lot of debate as to whether or not this
      was required as some argued it could be done by just using the
      the MPLS and GMPLS TE encodings for other applications. After much
      debate consensus was reached. 

Document Quality

      This document has been a WG document for a multiple years.
      It is stable, without changes to the technical solution and only
      clarifications.

Personnel

      Yingzhen Qu is the Document Shepherd.
      Alvaro Retana is the Responsible Area Director.