Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-roll-turnon-rfc8138-09.txt> (A RPL DODAG Configuration Option for the 6LoWPAN Routing Header) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2020 09:17:38 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Routing Over Low power and Lossy
networks WG (roll) to consider the following document: - 'A RPL DODAG
Configuration Option for the 6LoWPAN Routing Header'
  <draft-ietf-roll-turnon-rfc8138-09.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-08-18. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document updates RFC 8138 by defining a bit in the RPL DODAG
   Configuration Option to indicate whether compression is used within
   the RPL Instance, and specify the behavior of RFC 8138-capable nodes
   when the bit is set and reset.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-turnon-rfc8138/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.