Subject: RFC 8780 on The Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) Extension for Wavelength Switched Optical Network (WSON) Routing and Wavelength Assignment (RWA)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2020 16:51:54 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8780

        Title:      The Path Computation Element Communication 
                    Protocol (PCEP) Extension for Wavelength Switched 
                    Optical Network (WSON) Routing and Wavelength 
                    Assignment (RWA) 
        Author:     Y. Lee, Ed.,
                    R. Casellas, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      26
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pce-wson-rwa-ext-17.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8780

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8780

This document provides Path Computation Element Communication
Protocol (PCEP) extensions for the support of Routing and Wavelength
Assignment (RWA) in Wavelength Switched Optical Networks (WSONs).
Path provisioning in WSONs requires an RWA process.  From a path
computation perspective, wavelength assignment is the process of
determining which wavelength can be used on each hop of a path and
forms an additional routing constraint to optical path computation.

This document is a product of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC