Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-cbor-date-tag-05.txt> (Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR) Tags for Date) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2020 15:03:22 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Concise Binary Object Representation
Maintenance and Extensions WG (cbor) to consider the following document: -
'Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR) Tags for Date'
  <draft-ietf-cbor-date-tag-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-08-14. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR, RFC 7049) is a data
   format whose design goals include the possibility of extremely small
   code size, fairly small message size, and extensibility without the
   need for version negotiation.

   In CBOR, one point of extensibility is the definition of CBOR tags.
   RFC 7049 defines two tags for time: CBOR tag 0 (RFC 3339 date/time
   string) and tag 1 (Posix "seconds since the epoch").  Since then,
   additional requirements have become known.  This specification
   defines a CBOR tag for an RFC 3339 date text string, for applications
   needing a textual date representation within the Gregorian calendar
   without a time.  It also defines a CBOR tag for days since the date
   1970-01-01 in the Gregorian calendar for applications needing a
   numeric date representation without a time.  This specification is
   intended as the reference document for IANA registration of the CBOR
   tags defined.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cbor-date-tag/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.