Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-lamps-cms-update-alg-id-protect-02.txt> (Update to the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) for Algorithm Identifier Protection) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2020 12:30:30 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Limited Additional Mechanisms for
PKIX and SMIME WG (lamps) to consider the following document: - 'Update to
the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) for Algorithm
   Identifier Protection'
  <draft-ietf-lamps-cms-update-alg-id-protect-02.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-08-10. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document updates the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)
   specified in RFC 5652 to ensure that algorithm identifiers in signed-
   data and authenticated-data content types are adequately protected.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lamps-cms-update-alg-id-protect/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.