Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-regext-rdap-partial-response-12.txt> (Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) Partial Response) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2020 12:01:59 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Registration Protocols Extensions WG
(regext) to consider the following document: - 'Registration Data Access
Protocol (RDAP) Partial Response'
  <draft-ietf-regext-rdap-partial-response-12.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-08-14. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) does not include
   capabilities to request partial responses.  Servers will only return
   full responses that include all of the information that a client is
   authorized to receive.  A partial response capability that limits the
   amount of information returned, especially in the case of search
   queries, could bring benefits to both clients and servers.  This
   document describes an RDAP query extension that allows clients to
   specify their preference for obtaining a partial response.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-rdap-partial-response/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.