Subject: Protocol Action: 'DetNet Data Plane: IP' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-detnet-ip-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2020 14:55:40 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'DetNet Data Plane: IP'
  (draft-ietf-detnet-ip-07.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Deterministic Networking Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-detnet-ip/

Technical Summary

This document specifies the DetNet data plane operation for
IP hosts and routers that provide DetNet service to IP encapsulated
data.  No DetNet-specific encapsulation is defined to support IP
flows; instead, the existing IP and higher layer protocol header
information is used to support flow identification and DetNet
service delivery.  Procedures and control information that is
common to all DetNet data planes can be found in
ietf-detnet-data-plane-framework.

Working Group Summary

There were many technical debates in the process of creating
this draft, but all were resolved with a clear consensus. It took
awhile to get there but there is nothing worth noting. 

Document Quality

The IPv4 and IPv6 protocols are used without modification. At this time
there are no shipping implementations of DetNet per se. The DetNet WG
(including David Black, DetNet Technical Advisor) have made extensive 
reviews of the present drafts.

Personnel

   Who is the Document Shepherd for this document?  Ethan Grossman
   Who is the Responsible Area Director?  Deborah Brungard