Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-suit-architecture-11.txt> (A Firmware Update Architecture for Internet of Things) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2020 15:30:58 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Software Updates for Internet of
Things WG (suit) to consider the following document: - 'A Firmware Update
Architecture for Internet of Things'
  <draft-ietf-suit-architecture-11.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-08-14. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Vulnerabilities with Internet of Things (IoT) devices have raised the
   need for a solid and secure firmware update mechanism that is also
   suitable for constrained devices.  Incorporating such update
   mechanism to fix vulnerabilities, to update configuration settings as
   well as adding new functionality is recommended by security experts.

   This document lists requirements and describes an architecture for a
   firmware update mechanism suitable for IoT devices.  The architecture
   is agnostic to the transport of the firmware images and associated
   meta-data.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-suit-architecture/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.