Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-v6ops-cpe-slaac-renum-04.txt> (Improving the Reaction of Customer Edge Routers to Renumbering Events) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2020 14:09:13 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Operations WG (v6ops) to
consider the following document: - 'Improving the Reaction of Customer Edge
Routers to Renumbering Events'
  <draft-ietf-v6ops-cpe-slaac-renum-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-09-09. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   In scenarios where network configuration information becomes invalid
   without any explicit signaling of that condition (such as when a
   Customer Edge Router crashes and reboots without knowledge of the
   previously-employed configuration information), hosts on the local
   network will continue using stale network configuration information
   for an unacceptably long period of time, thus resulting in
   connectivity problems.  This document specifies improvements to
   Customer Edge Routers that help mitigate the aforementioned problem
   for typical residential and small office scenarios.  This document
   updates RFC7084.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-cpe-slaac-renum/

NOTE: draft-ietf-v6ops-cpe-slaac-renum and draft-ietf-v6ops-slaac-renum are closely related and should be reviewed together. 

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.