Subject: RFC 8881 on Network File System (NFS) Version 4 Minor Version 1 Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2020 21:59:09 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8881

        Title:      Network File System (NFS) Version 4
                    Minor Version 1 Protocol 
        Author:     D. Noveck, Ed.,
                    C. Lever
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      560
        Obsoletes:  RFC 5661

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc5661sesqui-msns-04.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8881

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8881

This document describes the Network File System (NFS) version 4 minor
version 1, including features retained from the base protocol (NFS
version 4 minor version 0, which is specified in RFC 7530) and
protocol extensions made subsequently.  The later minor version has
no dependencies on NFS version 4 minor version 0, and is considered a
separate protocol. 

This document obsoletes RFC 5661.  It substantially revises the
treatment of features relating to multi-server namespace, superseding
the description of those features appearing in RFC 5661.

This document is a product of the Network File System Version 4 Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC