Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-extra-imap-fetch-preview-09.txt> (IMAP4 Extension: Message Preview Generation) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2020 11:03:09 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Email mailstore and eXtensions To
Revise or Amend WG (extra) to consider the following document: - 'IMAP4
Extension: Message Preview Generation'
  <draft-ietf-extra-imap-fetch-preview-09.txt> as Proposed Standard

This document went through Last Call in February 2019, but has had major
revisions and simplification since then, and is back for a second Last Call
at this time.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-09-14. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies an Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP)
   protocol extension allowing a client to request a server-generated
   abbreviated text representation of message data useful as a
   contextual preview of the entire message.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-extra-imap-fetch-preview/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.