Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-spring-srv6-network-programming-17.txt> (SRv6 Network Programming) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2020 05:55:49 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Source Packet Routing in Networking
WG (spring) to consider the following document: - 'SRv6 Network Programming'
  <draft-ietf-spring-srv6-network-programming-17.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-08-26. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The SRv6 Network Programming framework enables a network operator or
   an application to specify a packet processing program by encoding a
   sequence of instructions in the IPv6 packet header.

   Each instruction is implemented on one or several nodes in the
   network and identified by an SRv6 Segment Identifier in the packet.

   This document defines the SRv6 Network Programming concept and
   specifies the base set of SRv6 behaviors that enables the creation of
   interoperable overlays with underlay optimization (Service Level
   Agreements).

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-spring-srv6-network-programming/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3464/