Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-stir-cert-delegation-03.txt> (STIR Certificate Delegation) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2020 06:04:16 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Secure Telephone Identity Revisited
WG (stir) to consider the following document: - 'STIR Certificate Delegation'
  <draft-ietf-stir-cert-delegation-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-08-26. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Secure Telephone Identity Revisited (STIR) certificate profile
   provides a way to attest authority over telephone numbers and related
   identifiers for the purpose of preventing telephone number spoofing.
   This specification details how that authority can be delegated from a
   parent certificate to a subordinate certificate.  This supports a
   number of use cases, including those where service providers grant
   credentials to enterprises or other customers capable of signing
   calls with STIR.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-stir-cert-delegation/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.