Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-v6ops-nd-cache-init-04.txt> (Neighbor Cache Entries on First-Hop Routers: Operational Considerations) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2020 12:57:16 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Operations WG (v6ops) to
consider the following document: - 'Neighbor Cache Entries on First-Hop
Routers: Operational
   Considerations'
  <draft-ietf-v6ops-nd-cache-init-04.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-09-04. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Neighbor Discovery (RFC4861) is used by IPv6 nodes to determine the
   link-layer addresses of neighboring nodes as well as to discover and
   maintain reachability information.  This document discusses how the
   neighbor discovery state machine on a first-hop router is causing
   user-visible connectivity issues when a new (not being seen on the
   network before) IPv6 address is being used.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-nd-cache-init/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.