Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-lamps-ocsp-nonce-03.txt> (OCSP Nonce Extension) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 14:03:43 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Limited Additional Mechanisms for
PKIX and SMIME WG (lamps) to consider the following document: - 'OCSP Nonce
Extension'
  <draft-ietf-lamps-ocsp-nonce-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-09-02. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies the updated format of the Nonce extension in
   Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP) request and response
   messages.  OCSP is used to check the status of a certificate and the
   Nonce extension is used in the OCSP request and response messages to
   avoid replay attacks.  This document updates the RFC 6960

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lamps-ocsp-nonce/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.