Subject: RFC 8887 on A JSON Meta Application Protocol (JMAP) Subprotocol for WebSocket

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2020 17:02:23 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8887

        Title:      A JSON Meta Application Protocol 
                    (JMAP) Subprotocol for WebSocket 
        Author:     K. Murchison
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-jmap-websocket-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8887

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8887

This document defines a binding for the JSON Meta Application
Protocol (JMAP) over a WebSocket transport layer.  The WebSocket
binding for JMAP provides higher performance than the current HTTP
binding for JMAP.

This document is a product of the JSON Mail Access Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC