Subject: Protocol Action: 'BGP Control Plane for the Network Service Header in Service Function Chaining' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-bess-nsh-bgp-control-plane-18.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2020 10:01:20 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'BGP Control Plane for the Network Service Header in Service Function
   Chaining'
  (draft-ietf-bess-nsh-bgp-control-plane-18.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the BGP Enabled ServiceS Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Deborah Brungard and Martin
Vigoureux.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-nsh-bgp-control-plane/

Technical Summary

   The document defines a BGP control plane for NSH based service chaining.

Working Group Summary

   There is a good level of consensus on the document.

Document Quality

   There is no implementation or committed roadmap.
   However, the WG supports the publication of the document as an RFC (as per BESS implementation policy)

Personnel

Stephane Litkowski is the document shepherd.
Martin Vigoureux is the responsible AD.