Subject: Document Action: 'CBOR Object Signing and Encryption (COSE): Hash Algorithms' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-cose-hash-algs-09.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2020 11:54:56 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'CBOR Object Signing and Encryption (COSE): Hash Algorithms'
  (draft-ietf-cose-hash-algs-09.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the CBOR Object Signing and Encryption
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Murray Kucherawy, Benjamin Kaduk and Roman
Danyliw.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cose-hash-algs/

Technical Summary

   The CBOR Object Signing and Encryption (COSE) syntax
   [I-D.ietf-cose-rfc8152bis-struct] does not define any direct methods
   for using hash algorithms.  There are however circumstances where
   hash algorithms are used: Indirect signatures where the hash of one
   or more contents are signed.  X.509 certificate or other object
   identification by the use of a fingerprint.  This document defines a
   set of hash algorithms that are identified by COSE Algorithm
   Identifiers.

Working Group Summary

   The document has had clear working group consensus for publication and it has
   been reviewed by a few working group participants since its adoption.

   The shepherd writeup asserts no issues were raised during the working group
   process.

Document Quality

   No particular expert reviews (MIB, media types, etc.) are mandated.
   It has received a number of reviews from working group members.

Personnel

   Ivaylo Petrov is the Document Shepherd.
   Murray Kucherawy is the responsible Area Director.