Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-opsawg-model-automation-framework-06.txt> (A Framework for Automating Service and Network Management with YANG) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2020 06:02:37 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Operations and Management Area
Working Group WG (opsawg) to consider the following document: - 'A Framework
for Automating Service and Network Management with YANG'
  <draft-ietf-opsawg-model-automation-framework-06.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-10-08. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Data models provide a programmatic approach to represent services and
   networks.  Concretely, they can be used to derive configuration
   information for network and service components, and state information
   that will be monitored and tracked.  Data models can be used during
   the service and network management life cycle, such as service
   instantiation, provisioning, optimization, monitoring, diagnostic,
   and assurance.  Data models are also instrumental in the automation
   of network management, and they can provide closed-loop control for
   adaptive and deterministic service creation, delivery, and
   maintenance.

   This document describes an architecture for service and network
   management automation that takes advantage of YANG modeling
   technologies.  This architecture is drawn from a network operator
   perspective irrespective of the origin of a data module; it can thus
   accommodate modules that are developed outside the IETF.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-model-automation-framework/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.