Subject: RFC 8894 on Simple Certificate Enrolment Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2020 10:45:57 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8894

        Title:      Simple Certificate Enrolment Protocol 
        Author:     P. Gutmann
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      42
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-gutmann-scep-16.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8894

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8894

This document specifies the Simple Certificate Enrolment Protocol
(SCEP), a PKI protocol that leverages existing technology by using
Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS, formerly known as PKCS #7) and
PKCS #10 over HTTP.  SCEP is the evolution of the enrolment protocol
sponsored by Cisco Systems, which enjoys wide support in both client
and server implementations, as well as being relied upon by numerous
other industry standards that work with certificates.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC