Subject: BCP 230, RFC 8900 on IP Fragmentation Considered Fragile

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2020 16:21:47 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 230        
        RFC 8900

        Title:      IP Fragmentation Considered Fragile 
        Author:     R. Bonica,
                    F. Baker,
                    G. Huston,
                    B. Hinden,
                    O. Troan,
                    F. Gont
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        See Also:   BCP 230

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-intarea-frag-fragile-17.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8900

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8900

This document describes IP fragmentation and explains how it
introduces fragility to Internet communication.

This document also proposes alternatives to IP fragmentation and
provides recommendations for developers and network operators.

This document is a product of the Internet Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC