Subject: Document Action: 'Applicability of the Babel routing protocol' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-babel-applicability-10.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2020 07:39:44 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Applicability of the Babel routing protocol'
  (draft-ietf-babel-applicability-10.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Babel routing protocol Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Deborah Brungard and Martin
Vigoureux.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-babel-applicability/

Technical Summary

Babel is a routing protocol based on the distance-vector algorithm
augmented with mechanisms for loop avoidance and starvation avoidance.
This applicability document argues that there exist niches where Babel
is useful and that are not adequately served by other protocols.

Working Group Summary

This was not a particularly controversial draft in the WG. There was
substantial suport and no objection on the mailing list and consensus
was declared during the WG meeting at IETF-102.

Document Quality

This is a brief applicability document. There are multiple independent
interoperable implementation of the routing protocol which is its
subject. A Shepherd's review found only one minor typo that has been
fixed. 

Personnel

     Document Shepherd:  Donald Eastlake
     Responsible Area Director:  Martin Vigoureux