Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-lwig-tcp-constrained-node-networks-10.txt> (TCP Usage Guidance in the Internet of Things (IoT)) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 06:55:03 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Light-Weight Implementation Guidance
WG (lwig) to consider the following document: - 'TCP Usage Guidance in the
Internet of Things (IoT)'
  <draft-ietf-lwig-tcp-constrained-node-networks-10.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-09-30. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document provides guidance on how to implement and use the
   Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) in Constrained-Node Networks
   (CNNs), which are a characterstic of the Internet of Things (IoT).
   Such environments require a lightweight TCP implementation and may
   not make use of optional functionality.  This document explains a
   number of known and deployed techniques to simplify a TCP stack as
   well as corresponding tradeoffs.  The objective is to help embedded
   developers with decisions on which TCP features to use.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lwig-tcp-constrained-node-networks/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.