Subject: RFC 8902 on TLS Authentication Using Intelligent Transport System (ITS) Certificates

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2020 11:43:35 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8902

        Title:      TLS Authentication Using Intelligent Transport 
                    System (ITS) Certificates 
        Author:     M. Msahli, Ed.,
                    N. Cam-Winget, Ed.,
                    W. Whyte, Ed.,
                    A. Serhrouchni,
                    H. Labiod
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       September 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-msahli-ise-ieee1609-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8902

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8902

The IEEE and ETSI have specified a type of end-entity certificate.
This document defines an experimental change to TLS to support
IEEE/ETSI certificate types to authenticate TLS entities.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC