Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dots-server-discovery-11.txt> (Distributed-Denial-of-Service Open Threat Signaling (DOTS) Agent Discovery) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2020 15:36:53 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the DDoS Open Threat Signaling WG (dots)
to consider the following document: - 'Distributed-Denial-of-Service Open
Threat Signaling (DOTS) Agent
   Discovery'
  <draft-ietf-dots-server-discovery-11.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-10-12. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies mechanisms to configure Districuted Denial of
   Service Open Threat Signaling (DOTS) clients with their DOTS servers.
   The discovery procedure also covers the DOTS Signal Channel Call
   Home.  Knowing the appropriate DOTS server for a given location can
   be useful to engage mitigation actions even in cases where the DOTS
   client cannot localize the attack, but only knows that some resources
   are under attack and that help is needed.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dots-server-discovery/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.