Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-cose-x509-07.txt> (CBOR Object Signing and Encryption (COSE): Header parameters for carrying and referencing X.509 certificates) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2020 11:44:17 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the CBOR Object Signing and Encryption
WG (cose) to consider the following document: - 'CBOR Object Signing and
Encryption (COSE): Header parameters for
   carrying and referencing X.509 certificates'
  <draft-ietf-cose-x509-07.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-10-01. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The CBOR Signing And Encrypted Message (COSE) structure uses
   references to keys in general.  For some algorithms, additional
   properties are defined which carry parts of keys as needed.  The COSE
   Key structure is used for transporting keys outside of COSE messages.
   This document extends the way that keys can be identified and
   transported by providing attributes that refer to or contain X.509
   certificates.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cose-x509/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.