Subject: RFC 8929 on IPv6 Backbone Router

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2020 12:05:12 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8929

        Title:      IPv6 Backbone Router 
        Author:     P. Thubert, Ed.,
                    C.E. Perkins, 
                    E. Levy-Abegnoli
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      32
        Updates:    RFC 6775, RFC 8505

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-6lo-backbone-router-20.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8929

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8929

This document updates RFCs 6775 and 8505 in order to enable proxy
services for IPv6 Neighbor Discovery by Routing Registrars called
"Backbone Routers". Backbone Routers are placed along the wireless
edge of a backbone and federate multiple wireless links to form a
single Multi-Link Subnet (MLSN).

This document is a product of the IPv6 over Networks of Resource-constrained Nodes Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC