Subject: RFC 8927 on JSON Type Definition

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2020 15:31:29 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8927

        Title:      JSON Type Definition 
        Author:     U. Carion
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       November 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      51
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ucarion-json-type-definition-04.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8927

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8927

This document proposes a format, called JSON Type Definition (JTD),
for describing the shape of JavaScript Object Notation (JSON)
messages. Its main goals are to enable code generation from schemas
as well as portable validation with standardized error indicators. To
this end, JTD is intentionally limited to be no more expressive than
the type systems of mainstream programming languages. This
intentional limitation, as well as the decision to make JTD schemas
be JSON documents, makes tooling atop of JTD easier to build.

This document does not have IETF consensus and is presented here to
facilitate experimentation with the concept of JTD.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC