Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-extra-sieve-mailboxid-05.txt> (Sieve Email Filtering: delivery by mailboxid) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 22:12:20 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Email mailstore and eXtensions To
Revise or Amend WG (extra) to consider the following document: - 'Sieve Email
Filtering: delivery by mailboxid'
  <draft-ietf-extra-sieve-mailboxid-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-12-02. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The OBJECTID capability of the IMAP protocol (RFC8474) allows clients
   to identify mailboxes by a unique identifier which survives rename.

   This document extends the Sieve mail filtering language (RFC5228) to
   allow using that same unique identifier as a target for fileinto
   rules, and for testing the existance of mailboxes.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-extra-sieve-mailboxid/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.