Subject: Last Call: Moving TLSv1.0, TLSv1.1, and DTLSv1.0 to Historic

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2020 14:23:12 -0800

The IESG has received a request from an individual participant to make the
following status changes:

- RFC2246 from Proposed Standard to Historic
    (The TLS Protocol Version 1.0)

- RFC4346 from Proposed Standard to Historic
    (The Transport Layer Security (TLS) Protocol Version 1.1)

- RFC4347 from Proposed Standard to Historic
    (Datagram Transport Layer Security)

The supporting document for this request can be found here:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/status-change-tls-oldversions-to-historic/

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-12-07. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

The affected documents can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc2246/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc4346/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc4347/

IESG discussion of this request can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/status-change-tls-oldversions-to-historic/ballot/