Subject: RFC 8952 on Captive Portal Architecture

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 18:51:24 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8952

        Title:      Captive Portal Architecture 
        Author:     K. Larose,
                    D. Dolson,
                    H. Liu
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-capport-architecture-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8952

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8952

This document describes a captive portal architecture. Network
provisioning protocols such as DHCP or Router Advertisements (RAs),
an optional signaling protocol, and an HTTP API are used to provide
the solution.

This document is a product of the Captive Portal Interaction Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC