Subject: Protocol Action: 'Dissemination of Flow Specification Rules for IPv6' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-idr-flow-spec-v6-21.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2020 12:48:06 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Dissemination of Flow Specification Rules for IPv6'
  (draft-ietf-idr-flow-spec-v6-21.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-flow-spec-v6/

Technical Summary

   This document extends I-D.ietf-idr-rfc5575bis with IPv6
   functionality.  It also updates I-D.ietf-idr-rfc5575bis by changing
   the IANA Flow Spec Component Types registry.

Working Group Summary

  The discussion in the WG was smooth.  There was a discussion 
  about whether this draft should merge rfc5575bis which is a 
  revision of flowspec for IPv4. The WG has decided to move 
  forward with 2 separate drafts (V4 and V6 respectively).  

Document Quality

   Implementation report: 
   https://trac.ietf.org/trac/idr/wiki/draft-ietf-idr-flow-spec-v6%20implementations

Personnel

   Document Shepherd: Jie Dong 
   Responsible Area Director: Alvaro Retana