Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-pd-relay-requirements-04.txt> (DHCPv6 Prefix Delegating Relay Requirements) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 06:39:08 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Dynamic Host Configuration WG (dhc)
to consider the following document: - 'DHCPv6 Prefix Delegating Relay
Requirements'
  <draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-pd-relay-requirements-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-12-14. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo describes operational problems that are known to occur when
   using DHCPv6 relays with Prefix Delegation.  These problems can
   prevent successful delegation and result in routing failures.  To
   address these problems, this memo provides necessary functional
   requirements for operating DHCPv6 relays with Prefix Delegation.

   It is recommended that any network operator that is using DHCPv6
   prefix delegation with relays should ensure that these requirements
   are followed on their networks.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-pd-relay-requirements/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.