Subject: Network Maintenance Outage, Monday December 7

From: Glen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 13:06:09 -0800

All -

We've just received notification from the IETF's primary cloud facility 
and internet service provider that they will be conducting a four-hour 
maintenance window at their facility on Monday, December 7.

The maintenance window runs from midnight PST until 4AM PST (0800-1200 
GMT) during which there might be a maximum one-hour service outage for 
the circuits which provide the IETF and the RFC-EDITOR with internet 
connectivity.

Their summary says, in part:

> [We] will implement scheduled maintenance as part of a large scale project to upgrade software on the IP platform. This maintenance activity is one of several maintenances taking place across various locations in multiple regions. The upgrade will mitigate existing defects in the current software version and prevent future network outages.

Both the IETF and the RFC-EDITOR's systems will be impacted by this 
planned maintenance window.

(This is unrelated to the RFC-Editor maintenance window successfully 
completed yesterday:  That was my team performing hardware upgrades on 
our own cloud infrastructure.  This new window is our primary upstream 
provider upgrading the software on their network infrastructure.)

Thank you for your patience with this matter.

Glen
--
Glen Barney
IT Director
AMS (IETF Secretariat)