Subject: RFC 8930 on On Forwarding 6LoWPAN Fragments over a Multi-Hop IPv6 Network

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2020 12:05:17 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8930

        Title:      On Forwarding 6LoWPAN Fragments over 
                    a Multi-Hop IPv6 Network 
        Author:     T. Watteyne, Ed.,
                    P. Thubert, Ed.,
                    C. Bormann
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-6lo-minimal-fragment-15.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8930

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8930

This document provides generic rules to enable the forwarding of an
IPv6 over Low-Power Wireless Personal Area Network (6LoWPAN) fragment
over a route-over network. Forwarding fragments can improve both
end-to-end latency and reliability as well as reduce the buffer
requirements in intermediate nodes; it may be implemented using RFC
4944 and Virtual Reassembly Buffers (VRBs).

This document is a product of the IPv6 over Networks of Resource-constrained Nodes Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC