Subject: RFC 8895 on Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) Incremental Updates Using Server-Sent Events (SSE)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2020 12:15:46 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8895

        Title:      Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO)
                    Incremental Updates Using Server-Sent Events (SSE) 
        Author:     W. Roome,
                    Y. Yang
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      52
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-alto-incr-update-sse-22.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8895

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8895

The Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) protocol (RFC 7285)
provides network-related information, called network information
resources, to client applications so that clients can make informed
decisions in utilizing network resources. This document presents a
mechanism to allow an ALTO server to push updates to ALTO clients to
achieve two benefits: (1) updates can be incremental, in that if only
a small section of an information resource changes, the ALTO server
can send just the changes and (2) updates can be immediate, in that
the ALTO server can send updates as soon as they are available.

This document is a product of the Application-Layer Traffic Optimization Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC