Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-tls-ticketrequests-06.txt> (TLS Ticket Requests) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 18:19:17 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Transport Layer Security WG (tls) to
consider the following document: - 'TLS Ticket Requests'
  <draft-ietf-tls-ticketrequests-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-12-03. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   TLS session tickets enable stateless connection resumption for
   clients without server-side, per-client, state.  Servers vend an
   arbitrary number of session tickets to clients, at their discretion,
   upon connection establishment.  Clients store and use tickets when
   resuming future connections.  This document describes a mechanism by
   which clients can specify the desired number of tickets needed for
   future connections.  This extension aims to provide a means for
   servers to determine the number of tickets to generate in order to
   reduce ticket waste, while simultaneously priming clients for future
   connection attempts.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-ticketrequests/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.