Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-tcpm-rack-13.txt> (The RACK-TLP loss detection algorithm for TCP) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2020 16:58:50 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions
WG (tcpm) to consider the following document: - 'The RACK-TLP loss detection
algorithm for TCP'
  <draft-ietf-tcpm-rack-13.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-11-30. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document presents the RACK-TLP loss detection algorithm for TCP.
   RACK-TLP uses per-segment transmit timestamps and selective
   acknowledgements (SACK) and has two parts: RACK ("Recent
   ACKnowledgment") starts fast recovery quickly using time-based
   inferences derived from ACK feedback.  TLP ("Tail Loss Probe")
   leverages RACK and sends a probe packet to trigger ACK feedback to
   avoid retransmission timeout (RTO) events.  Compared to the widely
   used DUPACK threshold approach, RACK-TLP detects losses more
   efficiently when there are application-limited flights of data, lost
   retransmissions, or data packet reordering events.  It is intended to
   be an alternative to the DUPACK threshold approach.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-rack/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.