Subject: Protocol Action: 'RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Feedback for Congestion Control' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-avtcore-cc-feedback-message-09.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 22:16:11 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Feedback for Congestion Control'
  (draft-ietf-avtcore-cc-feedback-message-09.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Murray Kucherawy and Barry Leiba.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtcore-cc-feedback-message/

Technical Summary:

This document describes an RTCP feedback message intended to enable
congestion control for interactive real-time traffic using RTP.  The 
feedback message is designed for use with a sender-based congestion
control algorithm, in which the receiver of an RTP flow sends RTCP 
feedback packets to the sender containing the information the sender 
needs to perform congestion control.

Working Group Summary:

The document was reviewed by the WG and went through WG last call and had
the WG consensus

Document Quality:

The feedback message was tested in a recent Hackathon and is used for
the RMCAT WG work.  Sergio Mena, Nils Olhmeier and Jonathan Lennox had
interop implementations at the Hackathon. Ingemar Johansson also provided
good feedback. 

Personnel:

Bernard Aboba is the document shepherd.
Barry Leiba is the responsible AD.