Subject: RFC 8951 on Clarification of Enrollment over Secure Transport (EST): Transfer Encodings and ASN.1

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 15:46:36 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8951

        Title:      Clarification of Enrollment over Secure 
                    Transport (EST): Transfer Encodings and ASN.1 
        Author:     M. Richardson,
                    T. Werner,
                    W. Pan
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Updates:    RFC 7030

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-lamps-rfc7030est-clarify-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8951

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8951

This document updates RFC 7030: Enrollment over Secure Transport to
resolve some errata that were reported and that have proven to cause
interoperability issues when RFC 7030 was extended.

This document deprecates the specification of
"Content-Transfer-Encoding" headers for Enrollment over Secure
Transport (EST) endpoints. This document fixes some syntactical
errors in ASN.1 that were present.

This document is a product of the Limited Additional Mechanisms for PKIX and SMIME Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC