Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-core-dev-urn-08.txt> (Uniform Resource Names for Device Identifiers) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 22:10:37 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Constrained RESTful Environments WG
(core) to consider the following document: - 'Uniform Resource Names for
Device Identifiers'
  <draft-ietf-core-dev-urn-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-12-02. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes a new Uniform Resource Name (URN) namespace
   for hardware device identifiers.  A general representation of device
   identity can be useful in many applications, such as in sensor data
   streams and storage, or equipment inventories.  A URN-based
   representation can be easily passed along in any application that
   needs the information.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-dev-urn/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.