Subject: RFC 8931 on IPv6 over Low-Power Wireless Personal Area Network (6LoWPAN) Selective Fragment Recovery

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2020 12:05:21 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8931

        Title:      IPv6 over Low-Power Wireless Personal Area 
                    Network (6LoWPAN) Selective Fragment Recovery 
        Author:     P. Thubert, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Updates:    RFC 4944

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-6lo-fragment-recovery-21.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8931

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8931

This document updates RFC 4944 with a protocol that forwards
individual fragments across a route-over mesh and recovers them end
to end, with congestion control capabilities to protect the network.

This document is a product of the IPv6 over Networks of Resource-constrained Nodes Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC