Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-ippm-ioam-data-11.txt> (Data Fields for In-situ OAM) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2020 10:23:30 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the IP Performance Measurement WG (ippm)
to consider the following document: - 'Data Fields for In-situ OAM'
  <draft-ietf-ippm-ioam-data-11.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-12-08. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   In-situ Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (IOAM) records
   operational and telemetry information in the packet while the packet
   traverses a path between two points in the network.  This document
   discusses the data fields and associated data types for in-situ OAM.
   In-situ OAM data fields can be encapsulated into a variety of
   protocols such as NSH, Segment Routing, Geneve, IPv6 (via extension
   header), or IPv4.  In-situ OAM can be used to complement OAM
   mechanisms based on e.g.  ICMP or other types of probe packets.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-ioam-data/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3526/