Subject: Protocol Action: 'Distributed-Denial-of-Service Open Threat Signaling (DOTS) Agent Discovery' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-dots-server-discovery-15.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2020 19:49:55 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Distributed-Denial-of-Service Open Threat Signaling (DOTS) Agent
   Discovery'
  (draft-ietf-dots-server-discovery-15.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the DDoS Open Threat Signaling Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Benjamin Kaduk and Roman Danyliw.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dots-server-discovery/

Technical Summary

  This document specifies mechanisms to configure Distributed-Denial-of-Service 
  Open Threat Signaling (DOTS) clients with their DOTS servers.  
  The discovery procedure also covers the DOTS Signal Channel Call Home.

Working Group Summary

  The -00 version of the document was published as individual I-D in June 2017.
  The call for adoption was issued in November 2018 and ended up in March 2019.
  The WG support for adoption of this draft was steady with quite a lot of 
  suggestions how to improve the document. The draft was fairly well (for this WG) 
  discussed and has been reviewed by active WG members.

Document Quality

  Document authors are also co-authors of core DOTS documents (signal channel, data channel etc.)
  I believe that they have good understanding of DOTS architecture.
  There is at least one implementations of this specification.

Personnel

  Valery Smyslov (shepherd)
  Benjamin Kaduk (AD)