Subject: RFC 8970 on IMAP4 Extension: Message Preview Generation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2020 16:01:14 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8970

        Title:      IMAP4 Extension: Message Preview Generation 
        Author:     M. Slusarz
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-extra-imap-fetch-preview-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8970

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8970

This document specifies an Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP)
protocol extension that allows a client to request a server-generated
abbreviated text representation of message data that is useful as a
contextual preview of the entire message.

This document is a product of the Email mailstore and eXtensions To Revise or Amend Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC