Subject: BCP 65, RFC 8958 on Updated Registration Rules for URI.ARPA

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2020 21:49:53 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 65        
        RFC 8958

        Title:      Updated Registration Rules for URI.ARPA 
        Author:     T. Hardie
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      3
        Updates:    RFC 3405
        See Also:   BCP 65

        I-D Tag:    draft-hardie-dispatch-rfc3405-update-04.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8958

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8958

This document updates RFC 3405 by removing references to the IETF
tree from the procedures for requesting that a URI scheme be inserted
into the URI.ARPA zone.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC