Subject: Document Action: 'Reaction of Stateless Address Autoconfiguration (SLAAC) to Flash- Renumbering Events' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-v6ops-slaac-renum-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2020 12:51:14 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Reaction of Stateless Address Autoconfiguration (SLAAC) to Flash-
   Renumbering Events'
  (draft-ietf-v6ops-slaac-renum-05.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the IPv6 Operations Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Warren Kumari and Robert Wilton.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-slaac-renum/

Technical Summary

This is a companion document to https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-cpe-slaac-renum/.
This document provides advice for the operator side of the process whereas the other document
provides advice for the client or CPE side of the process. Together, both documents attempt to
improve the user experience when unplanned SLAAC renumbering events occur.

Working Group Summary

The document does not specify new protocol, but rather provides guidance regarding how
to override the default values of some parameters in the existing protocols.
The document (along side its companion document https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-cpe-slaac-renum/
has received substantial comments from the working group.

Document Quality

   The document(s) are clear, easy to read, and explain the issues and procedures. 

Personnel

   Owen DeLong is the Document Shepherd
  Fred Baker and Ron Bonica are the WG chairs
   Warren Kumari is RAD!