Subject: Protocol Action: 'Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) Query Parameters for Result Sorting and Paging' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-regext-rdap-sorting-and-paging-20.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2020 14:47:26 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) Query Parameters for Result
   Sorting and Paging'
  (draft-ietf-regext-rdap-sorting-and-paging-20.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Registration Protocols Extensions Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Murray Kucherawy and Barry Leiba.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-rdap-sorting-and-paging/

Technical Summary

This document describes RDAP query extensions that allow clients to
specify their preferences for sorting and paging result sets. This helps
clients to find relevant results more easily, as well as improving server
response times and reducing bandwidth requirements.

Working Group Summary

This document was posted to the WG back in mid-2017, and has been
presented at IETF 100 and 103-106, as well as at the Registration
Operations Workshop (#6).  There was nothing unusual process-wise, and no
issues with consensus or similar.

Document Quality

There are two proof-of-concept implementations, and there were a number
of reviews from within the group.  No expert review was required.

Personnel

Document Shepherd: Tom Harrison
Responsible AD: Barry Leiba