Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-spl-terminology-05.txt> (Special Purpose Label terminology) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2020 13:51:03 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG
(mpls) to consider the following document: - 'Special Purpose Label
terminology'
  <draft-ietf-mpls-spl-terminology-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-01-04. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document discusses and recommends a terminology that may be used
   when MPLS Special Purpose Labels (SPL) are specified and documented.

   This document applies that terminology change to the relevant IANA
   registry and also clarifies the use of the Entropy Label Indicator
   (7) when immediately preceded by the Extension Label (15).

   This document updates RFC 7274 and RFC 3032.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-spl-terminology/

Note, this is a 2nd IETF Last Call as the document was updated and reflects
an update in Status from Informational to PS.

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.