Subject: Last Call: <draft-carpenter-eligibility-expand-08.txt> (Additional Criteria for Nominating Committee Eligibility) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2020 07:43:45 -0800

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider the
following document: - 'Additional Criteria for Nominating Committee
Eligibility'
  <draft-carpenter-eligibility-expand-08.txt> as Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-12-30. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a process experiment under RFC 3933 that
   temporarily updates the criteria for qualifying volunteers to
   participate in the IETF Nominating Committee.  It therefore also
   updates the criteria for qualifying signatories to a community recall
   petition.  The purpose is to make the criteria more flexible in view
   of increasing remote participation in the IETF and a reduction in
   face-to-face meetings.  The experiment is of fixed duration and will
   apply to one, or at most two, Nominating Committee cycles.  This
   document temporarily varies the rules in RFC 8713.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-carpenter-eligibility-expand/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.