Subject: Protocol Action: 'Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) Partial Response' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-regext-rdap-partial-response-16.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2020 09:35:02 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) Partial Response'
  (draft-ietf-regext-rdap-partial-response-16.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Registration Protocols Extensions Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Murray Kucherawy and Barry Leiba.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-rdap-partial-response/

Technical Summary

The Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) does not include
capabilities to request partial responses.  In fact, according to the
user authorization, the server can only return full responses.  A partial
response capability, especially in the case of search queries, could
bring benefits to both clients and servers.  This document describes an
RDAP query extension that allows clients to specify their preference for
obtaining a partial response.

Working Group Summary

There was some constructive feedback but nothing controversial. The
authors have addressed the feedback in the latest draft.

Document Quality

The document quality is high. Both IIT-CNR/Registro.it and APNIC have
implemented this draft.

Personnel

Document Shepherd: Jasdip Singh ([email-masked])
Area Director: Barry Leiba ([email-masked])