Subject: RFC 8956 on Dissemination of Flow Specification Rules for IPv6

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2020 13:53:56 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8956

        Title:      Dissemination of Flow Specification Rules 
                    for IPv6 
        Author:     C. Loibl, Ed.,
                    R. Raszuk, Ed.,
                    S. Hares, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Updates:    RFC 8955

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-idr-flow-spec-v6-22.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8956

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8956

"Dissemination of Flow Specification Rules" (RFC 8955) provides a
Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) extension for the propagation of
traffic flow information for the purpose of rate limiting or
filtering IPv4 protocol data packets. 

This document extends RFC 8955 with IPv6 functionality. It also
updates RFC 8955 by changing the IANA Flow Spec Component Types
registry.

This document is a product of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC