Subject: RFC 8879 on TLS Certificate Compression

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2020 23:32:44 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8879

        Title:      TLS Certificate Compression 
        Author:     A. Ghedini,
                    V. Vasiliev
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tls-certificate-compression-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8879

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8879

In TLS handshakes, certificate chains often take up the majority of
the bytes transmitted.

This document describes how certificate chains can be compressed to
reduce the amount of data transmitted and avoid some round trips.

This document is a product of the Transport Layer Security Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC